Fiat Coupe Club UK

Google reviews

Posted By: ali_hire

Google reviews - 04/12/2017 13:20

Does anyone know much about this?

My company has received a scathing and erroneous review from a disgruntled ex-customer.

I won’t bore you with all the details, but she refused to pay an invoice so I threatened her with legal action.

She then paid but left us a pretty damning review (most of which I can prove is false, the rest is her opinion).

Google seem impossible to contact though. All you can do is report it, but nothing happens (we previously reported another review which was made years ago when different people owned the company and it was known by another name).

Does anyone know if there’s anything we can do?
Posted By: Freddie

Re: Google reviews - 04/12/2017 14:00

I had the same problem about 4 months ago, a lady left a really bad review about our business,

I reported it to google and guess what nothing happened you give them your email address to get back to you and nothing happens, this lady did't even use our business I don't have any record of her.

And potential customers read these review and judge you, fair enough if it was true but its completely false and there is nothing I can do about it.
Posted By: ioksotot

Re: Google reviews - 04/12/2017 15:32

There are some guidelines here: https://whitespark.ca/blog/remove-fake-google-reviews/

Looks like the only way of really combating this if Google dosen't want to know is to reply to the review and put your point forward rolleyes
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Google reviews - 04/12/2017 16:19

Have a look at the reviews on Google for Motormech - we once had a customer with a dog-rough Punto with a list of problems as long as your arm - after we gave him a quote to fix it, he accused us of trying to rip him off.

I think my reply more than straightens the record

You should fight malicious reviews with pure fact and no supposition - if the reviewer was never a customer, just say so. If the customer refused to pay, you need to post enough to make potential new customers think that the customer's refusal to pay was completely unreasonable

This is one of the problems with online reviews - one poor review (deserved or not) can have a greater effect than 100 good reviews (although I think the public is more than capable of spotting a trend)
Posted By: Freddie

Re: Google reviews - 04/12/2017 22:40

Wow....that's really helpful guys,thanks for your input

Re: Google reviews - 05/12/2017 08:26

Thanks all, very helpful.

Nigel, I read your response, very good. How did you respond as the owner of the business though? I can’t seem to see any option other than to click “Helpful” or flag it as inappropriate.
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Google reviews - 05/12/2017 12:03

Originally Posted By ali_hire
How did you respond as the owner of the business though?

Paul is a superb mechanic, but his IT skills are (ahem) a little lacking....

I set up the Motormech presence on Google, so technically, I'm the "owner"
Posted By: cyborg7

Re: Google reviews - 05/12/2017 16:42

Originally Posted By Nigel
we once had a customer with a dog-rough Punto
If you look at his other reviews he's also reviewed the garage that presumably was the one that sold him the Punto. Seems like you got very unfairly caught up for no other reason than he was pissed off and probably at the time wasn't prepared to accept he'd been sold a pup.

Re: Google reviews - 05/12/2017 20:01

Originally Posted By Nigel
Originally Posted By ali_hire
How did you respond as the owner of the business though?

Paul is a superb mechanic, but his IT skills are (ahem) a little lacking....

I set up the Motormech presence on Google, so technically, I'm the "owner"

Sorry, I wasn’t clear. I assumed you owned Motormech, but as a Director of my business, I don’t appear to have the option to respond to this review.

I don’t recall ever setting up our Google presence and neither does the other Director, it’s always just been there.

Google seem impossible to contact too.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK