Fiat Coupe Club UK

Wi-Fi printer RAGE

Posted By: Jim_Clennell

Wi-Fi printer RAGE - 22/12/2018 15:51

After some fairly extensive research, we bought a Samsung Xpress M2070W laser printer/scanner jobbie, largely based on the fact that it's wireless and could hook up both my laptop and MrsC's Mac.

For about 3 weeks, it worked.

Since then, it has resolutely refused to work wirelessly with ANYTHING. We now have to trail a USB cable across the living room and swap it from one computer to another. It is literally worse than what we had before.

I have looked into the situation, but as soon as the responses to questions from anguished people like me started to include explanations that involved the term "dynamic IP address", my will to live was replaced by an urgent desire to destroy everything and retreat to a dark void in a total vacuum. The Forest of Dean, at a pinch.

Please, can anyone offer me hope of a simple solution?

Merry Christmas Bingo!
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Wi-Fi printer RAGE - 22/12/2018 17:37

I could post you some carbon paper mate but may take a while.

Re: Wi-Fi printer RAGE - 22/12/2018 18:30

You can say that again...
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Wi-Fi printer RAGE - 22/12/2018 19:16

Originally Posted By Jim_Clennell
You can say that again...

He could also write it again laugh

Seriously, I suppose you've tried resetting the device? Or even uninstalling it and re-installing?

Re: Wi-Fi printer RAGE - 23/12/2018 05:20

Yup, resetting, uninstalling, etc...
Posted By: JKD

Re: Wi-Fi printer RAGE - 23/12/2018 18:48

Have you installed it on both computers? Is it not working on either computer?

Have you tried disconnecting the computers from your Wi-Fi, waiting a minute and then reconnecting?

Have you tried unplugging your router, waiting a minute, and then plugging it back in?

Have you pressed the reset button on your router? I think doing that may reset your Wi-Fi password too.

If none of that works and as you've mentioned dynamic IP address, meaning perhaps your printer's IP address has changed, maybe have a look at these?

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/the-advantages-disadvantages-to-a-static-ip-address

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-set-a-printer-to-a-static-ip-address
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Wi-Fi printer RAGE - 23/12/2018 19:33

it's wireless

I think I spotted the problem. wink

Re: Wi-Fi printer RAGE - 26/12/2018 08:31

Originally Posted By GrahamL
it's wireless

I think I spotted the problem. wink

Which bit? The wireless bit or the Jim Clennell bit...?

Re: Wi-Fi printer RAGE - 26/12/2018 08:33

I think I may have solved it (for now and on my W10 laptop).

I downloaded and ran the Samsung Easy Wi-fi connect program from the HP support website. And (this is the really weird bit) - it worked.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK