Fiat Coupe Club UK

correct wheel bolts

Posted By: jonnyboy54321

correct wheel bolts - 30/08/2018 19:59

Gents

Bought some Team Dynamics wheels ages ago for the track-focussed 20vt sprinty. I'm slowly getting around to rationalising all the bits I've collected.
Anyone any idea the correct wheel bolts for them? I know the bolts are a sore point on a coupe for coming loose etc....I have the 'missing'tyre on its way now so want to get them on the car. For ref the tyre size is 215/45/17
click to enlarge

Thanks in advance.
J
Posted By: godders

Re: correct wheel bolts - 31/08/2018 08:53

This is what I use - though on standard Plus 16" wheels:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322527437705?...ci&mail=sys

Would recommend you buy an extra hex key too.

Torque the bolts to 105, think standard is 80odd.
Also make sure you have no copperslip etc anywhere near the bolts and thread and ensure you check the lefthand (nearside) bolts the most as these are more likely to loosen due to the rotational direction.

I check my bolts before I start, at tea break, and after launch on a trackday - at Nurburgring where my overall speed is much higher, I check a little more often (or is that just my excuse to stop and have a breather?).

As an aside get yourself a decent tyre pressure gauge to and check pressures regularly - as they go bonkers as the wheels heat up! I run my tyres around 36-38PSI

Sg

Re: correct wheel bolts - 31/08/2018 18:49

Thanks for that. Very interesting
Posted By: Nigel

Re: correct wheel bolts - 02/09/2018 06:35

Team dynamics will sell you a set of wheel bolts - I’ve just replaced all of mine, as they were looking very shabby

Very reasonable too - less than £15 IIRC

Re: correct wheel bolts - 02/09/2018 11:18

Oh wow. I'll get onto that then. You dont happen to have their own part number on an invoice Nigel, do you?
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK