Fiat Coupe Club UK

Cardiff - Italian passion for speed

Posted By: Morrison

Cardiff - Italian passion for speed - 18/03/2018 11:45

Hi guys, smallish event at Cardiff Bay, Sunday June 10th.

A couple of coupes attended last year, anyone fancy going this year, if we can get a group together? Quite a few nice cars there last year. Have to be there before 10am, can't leave til 3pm, so plenty of time to go for lunch and a walk etc.

Entry is a tenner, via their web site.
Posted By: mr_tickle

Re: Cardiff - Italian passion for speed - 19/03/2018 07:48

I may come down to spectate this if anyone is showing.
If the weather is nice on the day I'll bring my boat to the bay and anyone is welcome for a spin around the bay.
Posted By: HiraethHuw

Re: Cardiff - Italian passion for speed - 05/04/2018 21:21

Have you really got a boat, Mr Tickle?
How exciting.
I felt someone ought to reply, thank you for your generous offer, and find out what sort of boat you have.
Posted By: mr_tickle

Re: Cardiff - Italian passion for speed - 06/04/2018 10:04

Are you all aware that there is a major boating event happening in Cardiff the week of this event; the volvo ocean sea race Volvo event
Leg 10 starts on the Sunday - It will be packed out around cardiff bay so a good day out for anyone who comes.

Boat is a Searay180, its small but fun assuming there is still some room on the water laugh
Posted By: Gripped

Re: Cardiff - Italian passion for speed - 06/04/2018 18:48

Tempting to have a mini-convoy to this !

It's a great venue, and you can saunter off and have lunch / drinks in the nearby cafes/restaurants/pubs and of course you've got the Bay...

I'm free too.....

Re: Cardiff - Italian passion for speed - 14/04/2018 10:56

Right chaps, I've paid my tenner and emailed over the entry form.

Had a reply back saying the passes will be sent out a week before the event and that the coupes are more than welcome.

Would be ace if anyone with those club flags could come along too, I'm looking at you Joe!
Posted By: Biscotti

Re: Cardiff - Italian passion for speed - 09/05/2018 12:13

Hi I'm attending but not with my coupe with my boat ( barchetta wink
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Cardiff - Italian passion for speed - 09/05/2018 12:21

Originally Posted By Morrison
Right chaps, I've paid my tenner and emailed over the entry form.

Had a reply back saying the passes will be sent out a week before the event and that the coupes are more than welcome.

Would be ace if anyone with those club flags could come along too, I'm looking at you Joe!

I should be good for this Mark, day out and Mango can join us as well.

Re: Cardiff - Italian passion for speed - 12/05/2018 20:55

Good stuff Joe, hopefully I'll have polished the car and got the wheels fitted. Might even be able to change the boost gauge, unlikely though.

Hi Biscotti, welcome to the forum! Love a barchetta, look forward to seeing it.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Cardiff - Italian passion for speed - 14/05/2018 19:45

Hi there Guys. I hope to be there too with my wife and I have enterered our yellow. 20v N.A. vis
So if anyone wants to meet and drive in together then just let me know place and post code and time.

Re: Cardiff - Italian passion for speed - 15/05/2018 11:03

Yay good stuff, I was thinking of meeting up beforehand. Maybe meet at services of J33 then straight down the dual carriageway, get to go through the tunnel that way too.

Re: Cardiff - Italian passion for speed - 23/05/2018 19:30

I'd be up for a convoy. Need to see if I'm displaying or not.

Re: Cardiff - Italian passion for speed - 25/05/2018 15:50

Just let me know what time to meet at M4 J33 services . Not sure how busy it will be with other tourist traffic trying to get into Cardiff. Looking forward to this event. We are coming from Birmingham.

Re: Cardiff - Italian passion for speed - 29/05/2018 09:17

I won't be able to make this now. I was a reserve for a running relay race... and I've been called up to fill in for an injured runner !!

cry

Re: Cardiff - Italian passion for speed - 04/06/2018 07:04

Ok guys , what time to meet at J33 services ?

Re: Cardiff - Italian passion for speed - 04/06/2018 07:28

I'll be travelling in on the A48M so I'll see you guys there around 9am.

Re: Cardiff - Italian passion for speed - 05/06/2018 14:50

As Gripped has sadly pulled out, unless he pulls a muscle, and Joe is going down the a48 from junction 29. Joe, what if you skip a junction to 30, meet at services at 8.30, then we can get back on to the 48?

I'm easy either way, but if there's 3 of us with yellow peril, we could meet just outside the venue by techniquest? Yellow, do you know Cardiff at all? I reckon meet at 8.30/45 wherever we choose, I can meet you wherever you feel comfortable with.

Re: Cardiff - Italian passion for speed - 05/06/2018 16:22

Ok guys ,how many of us are going, and what time to meet at J33 services ?

Re: Cardiff - Italian passion for speed - 05/06/2018 16:26

Sorry I missed getting your previous message so please ignore my above message. I can meet at Techniquest but where is this? I dont know Cardiff. Do you have a post code for it? Thanks

Re: Cardiff - Italian passion for speed - 05/06/2018 18:06

Postcode for techniquest is cf10 5bw. It's 2 mins from where the cars will be parked. But if you want to do J30 or 33 that's fine too. Saves you having to get through the city.

Re: Cardiff - Italian passion for speed - 06/06/2018 07:07

Mark I'll aim for Cardiff gate services on junction 30 for 08.30am.

Re: Cardiff - Italian passion for speed - 06/06/2018 08:45

Ok cool. Yellow peril, how does that sound? 8.30 at junction 30 services.

Re: Cardiff - Italian passion for speed - 06/06/2018 09:29

Ok see you at Techniquest 08:30 ish.

Re: Cardiff - Italian passion for speed - 09/06/2018 18:21

My car's all clean ready to go.

Yellow peril, I'm meeting Joe at J30 at 8.30ish, if you want to meet us there, please do. Otherwise we'll see you at techniquest at about 8.45.

Theres some parking at the front of techniquest, it's disabled but they don't open til 10 so should be fine to hang about theire for a short time.

Re: Cardiff - Italian passion for speed - 09/06/2018 20:29

See you in the morning thumb

Re: Cardiff - Italian passion for speed - 09/06/2018 20:57

Ok if I am not at j30 at 08:30 then Techniquest 08:45. 😁

Re: Cardiff - Italian passion for speed - 09/06/2018 21:09

thumb
Posted By: HiraethHuw

Re: Cardiff - Italian passion for speed - 10/06/2018 13:17

Hope you're having a good day, folks.
I'm working today, else would have joined you for Italian cars and plenty of boats.
Mr Tickle and Biscotti, did you have space to take your boats out in the Bay?
How did your race pan out, Toby?

Re: Cardiff - Italian passion for speed - 10/06/2018 16:36

My arm and neck are massively sunburnt. As red as my Ferrari t-shirt, a proper van man tan.

Re: Cardiff - Italian passion for speed - 11/06/2018 18:14

What a scorching hot day on the coast in Wales. Cardiff at its beautiful best. 4 coupes nestled between some hefty pillars looking into a packed area of parked up Italian sports cars. There was your normal exotica including the coupes, a Fiat X19 for sale, Strada convertible, 328 GTB, lots of 458's, lots of Abarth 500's, Ducaties, Alfa rarities, even a few Lancias including a gladiator of a rally Stratos which in my opinion outshine the other monster Lambos. The pink Maserati was horrendous but was given centre stage....! Never mind,
I reckon this event is one we should try to swamp next year all getting there early and enjoying a full breakfast overlooking the cars. The local area and facilities are second to none. The harbour area really nice clean and family friendly.
Finally it was great to meet more of the Coupe Clan again and hope to do this again next year.

Re: Cardiff - Italian passion for speed - 12/06/2018 08:46

Snapped a couple of shorts in the afternoon after it started calming down, mega busy with people viewing our cars and the selection of Italian motorcycles.
Weather was hot, cooled off with a buzz around the bay in Tony's boat which was fun laugh
In all an enjoyable chilled Sunday which lots to see and do, local amenities are excellent and dog friendly so Mango joined us for the day.

click to enlarge

click to enlarge
Posted By: Brilly1uk

Re: Cardiff - Italian passion for speed - 12/06/2018 20:18

Nice one Joe.
I like the look of those Brembos with white writing as well! wink

Re: Cardiff - Italian passion for speed - 13/06/2018 06:26

Originally Posted By Brilly1uk
Nice one Joe.
I like the look of those Brembos with white writing as well! wink

Which you'll soon have as well smile
Posted By: Brilly1uk

Re: Cardiff - Italian passion for speed - 15/06/2018 19:34

Looking forward to them Joe!

Re: Cardiff - Italian passion for speed - 21/06/2018 11:26

Truly gutted to miss this. I can attest to the heat, as I was running 8 miles in it during the Welsh Castles Relay race which runs from N. Wales to S. Wales finishing in Cardiff. Luckily, I had an "easier" flat section and the penultimate stage.... but I must have lost litres of water !!

Coupes looking stunning as always. Wish mine had been there.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK