» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Edinburgh, Echodelta, 1 invisible), 234 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,595
Posts1,341,050
Members1,801
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,553
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,300
PeteP 21,510
bockers 21,071
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,367
Edinburgh 16,780
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Zero cost injector flow increase mod #144738
04/07/2006 16:36
04/07/2006 16:36
Taiwan
DavidL Offline OP
Enjoying the ride
DavidL  Offline OP
Enjoying the ride

Taiwan
As the title says, it's suppose to be a zero cost injector flow increase mod, what's more, it'll only take less than 5 mins to do .

Step 1: locate the short S vacuum tube that connects to the fuel regulator and intake plenum.
Step 2: removce it (the S tube)
Step 3: Locate the stock EBV and "T" into the tube that comes from the turbo compressor housing. It the tube that is next to the electrical connector.
Step 4. Connect the "T"ed boost signal tube to the fuel regulator.
Step 5. Block off the tube that goes to the intake plenum, just after the throttle valve.

What this mode does for you and why it works:
First of all, as air is cooled, pressure drops. With the additional of the intercooler, there is an additional pressure loss. So the turbo compressor side will always see a higher pressure (typical 3~5 psi) than that measured after the throttle valve. Those with large FMIC will have defo have more pressure drop. Measure it and you'll see what I mean. By connecting the fuel regulator reference tube to that of the boost signal, you will always have a higher fuel pressure (3~10 psi) and the stock position. However, the downside of this mod is that you will have the highest fuel pressure at idle. But I wouldn't be too concerned as under such conditions, the ECU will be adjusting the mixtures based on the integrated lambda value. Happy tuning

Of course, as our coop comes with a return pipe going back to the fuel tank, there's always the alternative mode of using a solenoid and a ball valve to regulate the amount of fuel going back to the tank when the boost reaches a certain threshold. The stock fuel regulator regulates the amount of fuel going back to the tank by refering to the manifold pressure/vacuum, so in short, if you decrease the amount of fuel going back to the tank, you'll end up with higher fuel pressure at the injectors, vice versa.

Re: Zero cost injector flow increase mod #144739
04/07/2006 16:59
04/07/2006 16:59

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

.... pause .... (while I pick up my brain splatter on
the floor) .....

Re: Zero cost injector flow increase mod #144740
04/07/2006 17:03
04/07/2006 17:03

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

david , have you actually tried this on your car ?

what were the results , dare I ask ?

Re: Zero cost injector flow increase mod #144741
04/07/2006 17:10
04/07/2006 17:10

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

why would the idle fuel be highest? The relative pressure at the injector nozzel should be constant, i.e. if you have 3bar of fuel pressure in the rail and then boost the intlet pressure to 1bar this pressure closes the regulator to increse the pressure to 4 bar in the rail - thus 4 bar pushing fuel out and 1bar pushing fuel back into the injectors relates to 3bar actual. At idle = no boost therefore the rail pressure sould be the base amount 2.5bar or what ever it is. Could be worong havent really looked at the 20vt set up. But otherwise what you say is right about pre-compressor pressure - I wonder how hot this air is going to the regulator though?

Rich

Re: Zero cost injector flow increase mod #144742
04/07/2006 17:11
04/07/2006 17:11

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Scary, very scary.

Please don't try this at home kids.

Considering 98% of all Coops already run too rich at higher revs because of the crude boost related fuel pressure adjustment, you've just made the AFR even worse. It would actually make more sense to fit a bleed valve in the FPR line to reduce pressure and make more power but the consequences of getting that wrong are far more serious

Last edited by cosmograph; 04/07/2006 17:16.
Re: Zero cost injector flow increase mod #144743
04/07/2006 17:29
04/07/2006 17:29
N
Nellybear Offline
I need some sleep
Nellybear  Offline
I need some sleep
N

To quote Jazzy Jeff...

Tick Tick Tick...BOOM

LSLO#8
Re: Zero cost injector flow increase mod #144744
04/07/2006 17:34
04/07/2006 17:34
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
Quote:

why would the idle fuel be highest? The relative pressure at the injector nozzel should be constant, i.e. if you have 3bar of fuel pressure in the rail and then boost the intlet pressure to 1bar this pressure closes the regulator to increse the pressure to 4 bar in the rail - thus 4 bar pushing fuel out and 1bar pushing fuel back into the injectors relates to 3bar actual. At idle = no boost therefore the rail pressure sould be the base amount 2.5bar or what ever it is. Could be worong havent really looked at the 20vt set up. But otherwise what you say is right about pre-compressor pressure - I wonder how hot this air is going to the regulator though?

Rich

Vacuum feed dear Rich Instead of the fuel pressure being 2.6bar (or how ever much vacuum feed is given to the FPR) on idle it now will be 3bar due to the loss of vacuum feed. Hence why the EVOcars chip asks you to set your fuel pressure at idle of 3bar with the vacuum feed disconnected

Originally Posted by Jonny - After being taken out at Spa
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
Re: Zero cost injector flow increase mod #144745
05/07/2006 08:23
05/07/2006 08:23
Taiwan
DavidL Offline OP
Enjoying the ride
DavidL  Offline OP
Enjoying the ride

Taiwan
Thanks for the comments and replies, and Begbie for asnwering the question. The regulator we are using is a manifold referenced type, so it maintains a constant "relative" pressure difference at the injector and the manifold (Plenum).

I've already had the mod for ages now. couldn't see and downside of it as the OE lambda is narrow band. However, the second method has been described by Autospeed (forgot which issue), so it really works. As for the high fuel pressure, it'll be more than 3 bar at idle (assuming the loss of 0.5 vacuum) as there is "positive" pressure immediately after the turbo and vacuum after the throttle. If you don't believe me, remove the pipe to the dump valve and you'll see that air is pumping out of it, not being sucked into it.

Like I mentioned before, in close loop, the ECU will regulate the pulse width, so there is no concern of overfuelling. The gains are that extra 3~5 psi of fuel pressure at higher boost/revs for those that are leaning out.

Another note on the over fuelling issue. I've test the injector flow on the ASNU flow bench, guess what, at 3 bar and 80% duty cycle, it converts to a flow rate of 340cc/min, and at near 100% duty cycle, it's already way over 440cc/min....so that's why many of us can run such high BHP with the stock injectors. Most injectors are rated at 80% duty cycle + whatever working pressure.

Unless the actual fuelling is check with a wideband lambda, don't believe what you see with the stock readings. I've tried altering my idle fuelling with SAFC II to +/- 50% and guess what? The lambda reading from the widget didn't budge, the injector pulse width did alter with the SAFC adjustments, so I assume it's wired up correctly and worked.

Re: Zero cost injector flow increase mod #144746
05/07/2006 08:31
05/07/2006 08:31
Taiwan
DavidL Offline OP
Enjoying the ride
DavidL  Offline OP
Enjoying the ride

Taiwan
The Autospeed article: http://autospeed.drive.com.au/cms/A_2619/article.html Electronic Fuel Pressure Increase.

For me, there's no point talking about whether it works or not, trying it for oneself is the only way to prove if it works or not, so I did.

Re: Zero cost injector flow increase mod #144747
05/07/2006 10:11
05/07/2006 10:11
New Zealand
Saint Offline
My life on the forum
Saint  Offline
My life on the forum

New Zealand
Begbie, you mean run the 3 bar FPR I guess by the quote above?

Re: Zero cost injector flow increase mod #144748
05/07/2006 15:14
05/07/2006 15:14
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
Quote:

Begbie, you mean run the 3 bar FPR I guess by the quote above?

I was refering to the way the EVOcars chip is setup for the integrales i.e. they have an adjustable FPR and so do i

David, i dont see how the vacuum feed to the dump valve can be blowing air, unless your using a supercharger and forgotten to tell us all I dont think its possible, because the engine generates a vacuum on idle and this is how the dump valve works, uses vacuum to pull it open after coming off boost

Re: Zero cost injector flow increase mod #144749
05/07/2006 15:23
05/07/2006 15:23
Taiwan
DavidL Offline OP
Enjoying the ride
DavidL  Offline OP
Enjoying the ride

Taiwan
Begbie,

Thanks for your reply. Please try it (the tube from compressor housing, not the vacuum feed after the throttle*-Step 3) and then let us know the results, all you need to do is remove the dump valve pipe (the big one, not the vacuum feed) at idle. Yes, the engine is sucking all the time, however, not to forget that the turbo is also turning as well, the reason we all measure vacuum at idle behind the throttle is that the engine is sucking harder than the turbo is pushing air out at idle and low revs. On boost, the engine is still sucking, but the turbo is pusing harder, hence the positive pressure.

Better still, if anyone has a boost gauge lying around, connect it to the boost tube coming from the turbo compressor housing to the EBV and you'll see that you'll only get "positive" pressure, no vacuum under any condition.

I've tested and confirmed it, you can use the dump valve pipe (the big one) as a hair dryer if yours at home is knackered.

The vacuum generated for the dump valve to work is a result of slamming the throttle plates at gear shift and producing a great pressure difference (after throttle-vacuum, before throttle-boost).

Cheers,

Re: Zero cost injector flow increase mod #144750
05/07/2006 15:36
05/07/2006 15:36
Taiwan
DavidL Offline OP
Enjoying the ride
DavidL  Offline OP
Enjoying the ride

Taiwan
I guess I've not made myself clear enough. What I meant was that there is always "boost" after the turbo and vacuum after the throttle, it's just where it's measured. When we say my turbo starts producing boost at 2500 rpm, we're saying it based on what we measured after the throttle, now bear in mind that the engine is always sucking, no matter supercharging or turbocharging, the difference is that we usually refer to the instance where the turbo boost pressure overcomes the engine's suction capacity, however, this is not the only point where the turbo is producing boost. This is only a representation of the instance that this turbo, when installed on a particular engine, will "overcome" the engine's suction power...kinda hard to interpret, I know....oops

The mod I've described uses this pressure difference (turbo compressor housing pressue vs after throttle pressure). The difference will be: higher fuel pressure as there is no pressure drop, hence the higher fuel pressure.

Re: Zero cost injector flow increase mod #144751
05/07/2006 16:16
05/07/2006 16:16

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

cheers beggars no turbo on mine, no problem, manifold referenced vacuum only. NA its so much simpler.

rich

Re: Zero cost injector flow increase mod #144752
05/07/2006 17:17
05/07/2006 17:17
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
Sorry David, i thought you were taking about the feed from inlet manifold.

Yes i realise the turbo will be blowing air even at idle, but the turbo isnt able to produce positive boost unless under load as we know. Otherwise it is just producing atmospheric level pressure, if that makes sense

Re: Zero cost injector flow increase mod #144753
05/07/2006 21:55
05/07/2006 21:55
Taiwan
DavidL Offline OP
Enjoying the ride
DavidL  Offline OP
Enjoying the ride

Taiwan
Begbie,

I wasn't clear in defining that either

The turbo is already producing a low level of boost at idle and low revs (3~5 psi), it's just that the engine's suction power masked it. Once again, if we measure the pressure at the turbo compressor outlet (as well at the boost feed from the housing to the EBV), we'll always get "positive" pressure.

This is also the reason why attaching any fan in the intake will not creat any boost as the engine's suction power will always be stronger than the displacement of the fan. Of course, there's always the exception of Thomas Knight electric boosters, which bleeds your battery dry in a little more than 10 seconds

Re: Zero cost injector flow increase mod #144754
06/07/2006 01:57
06/07/2006 01:57

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Those with large FMIC will have defo have more pressure drop.

IIRC the ProAlloy FMIC has less of a pressure drop than the SMIC.

Couldn't you just adjust the FPR to get more fuel pressure? Not that I would without a remap.

Re: Zero cost injector flow increase mod #144755
06/07/2006 10:17
06/07/2006 10:17
Taiwan
DavidL Offline OP
Enjoying the ride
DavidL  Offline OP
Enjoying the ride

Taiwan
As for the pressure drop, there's always something to consider before saying larger is always better: If you're asking all the air to travel through a longer distance (Larger intercooler core), it'll take more time to cover this distance (eats into the throttle response) and there is some loss of the air velocity. Furthermore, when air is cooled, the pressure drops, no matter what so literally, it's impossible to have an ultra high efficiency intercooler with less than stock pressure drop. So, can a larger intercooler that cools better give a lesser pressure drop? Impossible You just can't have the best of both worlds, it just doesn't happen Unless the stock design is designed back in stone age, I don't think one can expect to see any dramatic performance gains.

IIRC Bell's book of forced induction mentioned "every 10% increase in intercooler size will only give you 3% (or was it higher? can't recall) of the efficiency that you didn't get in the first place"... "every 90 degree bend will slow the air velocity by 2%"...

Re: Zero cost injector flow increase mod #144756
06/07/2006 15:21
06/07/2006 15:21

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Furthermore, when air is cooled, the pressure drops, no matter what so literally, it's impossible to have an ultra high efficiency intercooler with less than stock pressure drop. So, can a larger intercooler that cools better give a lesser pressure drop? Impossible

Its not as simple as that David.

Pressure drop is proportional to air velocity, v2/2g as described by Bernoulli.

The less restrictive the intercooler is, the less pressure drop there is. There obviously is an effect of lowered air pressure from cooling but it will be outweighed by kinematic losses from air movement.

In short pressure drop is dependent on the diameter, frictional characteristic and length of the pipework from turbo to inlet manifold including the internal routes through the intercooler, regardless of whether the intercooler itself is small or large.

If you have a large intercooler with large diameter air routes it will create far less of pressure drop than a small intercooler with small diameter restrictive routes.

Re: Zero cost injector flow increase mod #144757
06/07/2006 15:51
06/07/2006 15:51

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

If you have a large intercooler with large diameter air routes it will create far less of pressure drop than a small intercooler with small diameter restrictive routes.

sorry for jumping in, but surely cosmo the situation you describe is a non-too efficient one. Large diametre air routes mean less air to alloy contact area to dissipate heat, right?
So I suppose it's a matter of finding the fine balance between tubing characteristics, fins, shapes, etc that don't restrict airflow too much, but let the air cool down enough.
I was rather surprised reading one very elaborate web page someone posted here on intercooling that the suggested size for an intercooler is _TOO_SMALL_ for what ppl seem to be sticking in front of their radiators
[If I remember correctly, it was suggesting about quarter size of the ProAlloy for a 300+BHP machine, of course I may have fcuked up my maths, these sqin always confuse me...]

Re: Zero cost injector flow increase mod #144758
06/07/2006 16:25
06/07/2006 16:25

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Vas, In this example we are talking about pressure drop, not heat transfer. The two factors are exclusive and an intercooler designed for maximum heatt transfer will have different characteristics than one designed for minimum pressure drop. The ultimate intercooler for min. pressure drop would be a large cylinder with one open chamber. It wouldnt be much good for cooling though and spool up would be appalling due to the huge volume of air to be compressed.

Re: Zero cost injector flow increase mod #144759
06/07/2006 18:45
06/07/2006 18:45

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

cosmo is right, david you have C bells book so you will know this, the std Ic has a large pressure drop as it has a very small charge surface area, the large the charge surface area the bigger the pressure drop when considering apature area - The effect of cooling pressure drop is seperate. The PA IC has much large charge surface area so it is had tube lengths the same lengths it would have less drop then the standard IC charge face - the cooling as mentioned above has other influences. If the charge area is large on the same turbo then charge velicity is less through the cooler giving more time for the air to give up its heat, but if the turbulators are too dense then the air will really stall. In fact all the variable have just been mentioned and you can see many things effect the ic characteristics. In general a small ic will be better with high density turbulators and the and a larger one with lower density. Velocity through the cooling face is important and preventing the air stalling, if it does you need a good cowl round the ic to force air into it.

The PA is a good unit, unlike the pace fmic.

David does the turbo really produce a pressure signal at idle??
Rich

Re: Zero cost injector flow increase mod #144760
06/07/2006 23:59
06/07/2006 23:59
Taiwan
DavidL Offline OP
Enjoying the ride
DavidL  Offline OP
Enjoying the ride

Taiwan
Rich,

Please disconnect the large pipe that connects to the intake dump valve and see whether the air is pumping out of it or being sucked into it. If no one tried it out, we can be here everyday, deciding whether it's this or that Really didn't mean to be rude or anything, just that I nearly had my cap blown off back then when I asked my friend to fire her up without installing the fore-mentioned pipe. It is then that I start thinking and realized after some tests that there's always pressure after the turbo, yes, even at idle. It might not be much of a pressure, but it's defo no vacuum I can assure anyone. Please, once again, it just takes 10 secs to unscrew and remove that pipe. Please test it and then tell me if one don't call air being pumped into the atmosphoere a positive pressure (aka boost). Positive pressure is defined as one that is higher than the atmospheric pressure, and pressure always flows from a higher pressure to lower pressure... I know, it's all gauge pressure to be more specific, but we're more used to saying something the is below the atmospheric a vacuum and anything higher than that the boost.

Another test would be to tap into the small tube coming from the turbo compressor housing, I guarantee you , all you see is boost and no vacuum in ANY condition. That's why all of the EBV and others are taping the vacuum and boost signal from after the throttle plates.

Re: Zero cost injector flow increase mod #144761
07/07/2006 04:42
07/07/2006 04:42

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

no problem at no point was I trying to sound negative to you in anyway the disadvantge of written text, i've never tried what you suggest, but a gauge would really quantify this. Do worry Im just airing questions not looking for trouble.

Rich

Re: Standard injector flow... #144762
17/10/2006 23:09
17/10/2006 23:09
Castle Combe
Flea Offline
Forum is my life
Flea  Offline
Forum is my life

Castle Combe
Quote:

Another note on the over fuelling issue. I've test the injector flow on the ASNU flow bench, guess what, at 3 bar and 80% duty cycle, it converts to a flow rate of 340cc/min, and at near 100% duty cycle, it's already way over 440cc/min....so that's why many of us can run such high BHP with the stock injectors. Most injectors are rated at 80% duty cycle + whatever working pressure.

Just did a search on Google and this thread came up I am intrigued to see that you have flow tested the standard injectors and found them to be capable of 440cc at 100% duty! While nobody would want to run them that high it does explain why we are able to achieve such high output especially given that most of us are maxxing out the injectors. If you combine this with a higher fuel rail pressure then this will of course enable even greater flow. Would it be fair to say that at 90% duty and with a 3.8bar regulator you would be able to flow in the region of 400-420cc? Perhaps you could answer this David as you have tested them?

[Linked Image]

Re: Standard injector flow... #144763
17/10/2006 23:40
17/10/2006 23:40

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And remember flea, that we have rising rate regulators, so that at 1.5 bar boost pressure, the injector is also running with a fuel rail pressure of 4.5 bar not 3 bar, so this may account for even more!

Maybe Nigel, might want to give it a go with 20vt injectors after all?

Joe

Re: Standard injector flow... #144764
18/10/2006 03:54
18/10/2006 03:54
Castle Combe
Flea Offline
Forum is my life
Flea  Offline
Forum is my life

Castle Combe
As always we are trying to push and find the boundaries. Both you and I, *I think*, are running more power on the standard injectors than anyone else, but... we are still pulling fuel out at the top end. While the injectors are maxed out we don't know quite where they are in terms of duty cycle. How much more can they give especially given David's flow tests? In an ideal world we wouldn't want to push them to any perceived limit but with a lack of big injector alternatives, outside of stand-alone management, it would be good to know the "final" answer.

[Linked Image]

Re: Standard injector flow... #144765
18/10/2006 10:00
18/10/2006 10:00
Taiwan
DavidL Offline OP
Enjoying the ride
DavidL  Offline OP
Enjoying the ride

Taiwan
Quote:

Quote:

Just did a search on Google and this thread came up I am intrigued to see that you have flow tested the standard injectors and found them to be capable of 440cc at 100% duty! While nobody would want to run them that high it does explain why we are able to achieve such high output especially given that most of us are maxxing out the injectors. If you combine this with a higher fuel rail pressure then this will of course enable even greater flow. Would it be fair to say that at 90% duty and with a 3.8bar regulator you would be able to flow in the region of 400-420cc? Perhaps you could answer this David as you have tested them?

Hi Flea,

I've flow tested them on the ASNU flow bench. It's intriguing to find out that most injectors flow a lot less than what is being perceived. However, in the case of our injectors, they're more I've tested the duty cycle from my 20VT by tapping into the ecu's injector using a DMM(digital multimeter), the duty cycle at WOT is around 99%(though theoretically impossible). I've also flow tested the OE injectors at 4 bars of fuel pressure and guess what? The flow increased by 10%!!! However, there is a downside to this, as the pressure goes beyond the recommended level, the flow of the injectors became less uniform (when compared with the rest under 3 bars, off by 2~3%), so I can say that as you increase the pressure beyond the recommended value, the linearity of the injector flow goes out of line a bit, so there's always the possibility that you've increased the flow by upping the pressure, however, you might have created a scenario where all the injectors are working less coherently, so you overall AFR (one O2 sensor reading the average of all 5 banks) could be in the 11~12, however, there could be 1 or 2 cylinders running really lean!!

Re: Standard injector flow... #144766
18/10/2006 10:06
18/10/2006 10:06
Taiwan
DavidL Offline OP
Enjoying the ride
DavidL  Offline OP
Enjoying the ride

Taiwan
Quote:

And remember flea, that we have rising rate regulators, so that at 1.5 bar boost pressure, the injector is also running with a fuel rail pressure of 4.5 bar not 3 bar, so this may account for even more!

Maybe Nigel, might want to give it a go with 20vt injectors after all?

Joe

Hi Doc,

You're right in saying the the relative pressure difference is maintained between the injectors end and the plenum, however, even though the injectors are being regulated to work at 4.5 bar when the boost is 1.5 bar, there is the cancelling effect of the 1.5 bar in the plenum working against the injector, hence the constant pressure difference of 3 bar, so the flow of the injectors can not be said to be that produced at 4.5 bar, instead, it's still 3 bar. As it will be very difficult to test the flow of the injectors with these parameters (4.5 bar fuel pressure working against 1.5 bar of plenum pressure) I can only assume that the flow of the injector is not affected by plenum pressure as it is maintained to work with a constant pressure difference.

Only when you upgrade to a 3.5 manifold referenced fuel pressure regulator, will you get a truly higher working pressure

Re: Standard injector flow... #144767
18/10/2006 14:10
18/10/2006 14:10

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I bow to your superior knowledge

PTS suggested the 3.8bar regulator would give you between 5-10% extra fuelling, and your results seem to supprt this, although at some risk of uneven fuel delivery between cylinders.

David, was it just one injector that you tested or several?

Joe

Page 1 of 2 1 2