» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Edinburgh), 196 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,610
Posts1,341,233
Members1,802
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,563
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,300
PeteP 21,520
bockers 21,071
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,367
Edinburgh 16,816
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Discussion thread for Duncan78's Moon Plus [Re: ] #1234235
05/07/2011 04:08
05/07/2011 04:08
Havant, Hampshire.
OO7 Offline
Competition Level
OO7  Offline
Competition Level

Havant, Hampshire.
Originally Posted By: duncan78
Ideally i'd like to keep the car longer as i've put a lot of money into long term maintenance and tarting it up.

However, at the moment me and the GF live in a flat and I keep it off road in a secure car park but as we're going to buy a house in the city i've decided to sell the car. There is no way i'd keep it on the road, it would get trashed in no time frown .. and garages cost a fortune to rent .. so, i'd rather let the car go to another enthusiast.

I'm not so sure it would take the beating you think it might on the street mate. Most Pompy parking is top and tail, so you shouldn't get any door dings outside your new house (where ever it might be).

I'd like to see myself in the not too distant future with a Maserati 3200 or 4200 love

You'll never find a garage big enough to park that in. wink

I'm actually amazed there has been no criticism on the asking price. Rog pointed me out to a Mooner that sold recently for just short of 5k which wasn't the same condition of my car, so i'll hold out and see what happens.

IMO and I'm sure a few others a good coupé is worth the money however I've now decided that as these cars haven't got enough buyers out there that the good coupés deserve I'm going to keep mine until the time comes when I can afford to take the losses involved with selling a coupé and until then just keep her well maintained and not mod her anymore. The longer I keep it the more I can justify selling it cheap later, considering it as deprecation. wink

Re: Discussion thread for Duncan78's Moon Plus [Re: ] #1234316
05/07/2011 12:19
05/07/2011 12:19

H
h2ypr
Unregistered
h2ypr
Unregistered
H

Originally Posted By: Duffy
Just home!

This car is a credit to Duncan, I've suggested he put's the money he got for it towards his ongoing 'OCD' treatment.

Seriously he's the sort of guy you really want to buy a car from, thanks again Duncan!

thumb

I have seen this car also (at duffy's) and if your gonna spend £5k on a coupe, this is the kind of car you can expect. Its a 11yr old car (I think) so its never gonna be a1 or mint, but its as close to the best coupe you could buy. Duffy has pointed out a few things he would like to do crazy but personally I wouldn't change a thing on the car. Well worth the money.

Ross

Re: Discussion thread for Duncan78's Moon Plus [Re: Hovedan] #1234622
06/07/2011 01:05
06/07/2011 01:05

D
Duffy
Unregistered
Duffy
Unregistered
D

Thnaks for the nice comments Ross.

When it comes to changing it. I'm not really, I'm just continuing Duncan's work on maintaining it as you'd hope a car like this would be, the front end respray will take care of the inevitable stone chipping that happens, under the bonnet needs some minor restoration/protection with an eye to the future and that's just about it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2