» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Gunzi, Metguy2000, Ballypete, andyps), 108 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics110,478
Posts1,311,298
Members2,191
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 32,326
stan 32,098
Theresa 22,937
bockers 21,019
PeteP 19,424
JimO 17,908
Nigel 17,205
Jim_Clennell 16,346
nismo 15,137
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Alarm and I.C.E
1 hour ago
There's an old thread here with details on fitting the cheap remote locking option :

https://www.fiatcoupeclub.org/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1473656/1

The missing pics:
5 429 Read More
General Chat
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by Gripped
Congratulations Joe. I've sent you 15,000 tax disc holders in the post.

wink

That'll do as I use them as coffee mats thumb
6 161 Read More
Technical Issues
15/02/2020 19:25
Finally I got it running nice and quiet again.
Flushed it a few times and had the oil going through a clean rag.
Couldn,t spot any debris so now I declare it fixed.
Something has happened to the front discs though. Brake was shuddering like crazy. There was no problem with that before i parked it in the garage, almost two years now.
Lots of other projects came in between. New discs I guess... Sigh.
I almost forgot how nice a car the coupe is during my two year engine fix so replacing the discs will be a quick one, and then...
5 391 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
15/02/2020 12:13
Like many here, I've had my Coop for yonks - since 2003 (2nd owner) and yes I've had to invest in it to keep those years pushed back - but... my good lady and I see as a lifetime member of the family so it's not going anywhere. Plus my son has his eyes on it some time in the (hopefully distant) future.

Some cars just get under your skin and that's the end of it.

Carry on enjoying it Vinno - you know you want to !
15 645 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
15/02/2020 07:14
I like the idea of revolving plates thumb chinny could it be done.

I'm looking forward to seing this Rob Anything with a Zender bumper can't be bad.
9 429 Read More
General Maintenance
14/02/2020 22:05
Yes, they are T5.
My leds are with separate polarity, a lot of work and tests when I replaced them on the Tacho.
It could be the defective lamp holders, with the heat the dietal tabs move no longer making contact.
These are the lamp holders that I used.
You just have to fix them somehow.
7 275 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
14/02/2020 17:06
Originally Posted by Edinburgh
Originally Posted by barnacle
You're such a youngster, Freddie laugh

Ordered mine in July 95 - so it'll be the right age for the 25th anniversary - but I didn't get it delivered until October.

Neil, you're in the wrong thread, look at the title laugh

Aaah, 'young at heart', 'old fart', it's an easy mistake to make. tongue
40 1,798 Read More
Technical Issues
14/02/2020 01:18
Hi. What size the bleed plug, 1/8 bsp ?
Thanks
10 809 Read More
Tuning
13/02/2020 22:16
Isn't that the one I fitted to mine Joe? In which case it is good for 275bhp at least!
3 229 Read More
Technical Issues
12/02/2020 21:34
@ graham: I think the 'OSC' I used was probably a more 'normal' one... I dont know about BG EPR - seems it could be a good option. I was actually going to try to 'blow air' into oilways supplying suspected cylinders/tappets...
I hope the stuff BG EPR 'releases' goes in my oilfilter and not into the new bearings...

@CC: yes you're right - I already spent too much time on error hunting. and cyl 3 piston/rings needs to be inspected. As said 'strip' is my main next step...

Thanks for support.

Cheers
M
52 4,653 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
12/02/2020 16:13
Years ago after filling up the chap at the petrol station counter said:

'Nice car mate, how much did you spend to make it look that good?'

I replied:

'That's how they rolled out of the factory'!
7 479 Read More
Technical Issues
12/02/2020 15:17
I got one GT2560R, known as GT28R and I tried to change the orientation of the turbocharger so it has the oil drain downwards, aluminium exit downwards too and hot intake upwards to fit to the exhaust manifold plate. I can't figure out how to bolt on the wastegate actuator on the aluminium to make it work properly. Is there any part that I'm missing? I think that gt28rs has the same shape, so someone must know how to do it. Please help.

That's the turbocharger http://turbochargerspecs.blogspot.com/2011/03/garrett-gt25-gt2560r-60-trim-330-hp.html?m=1

Thank you, Dimitris.
0 79 Read More
General Maintenance
12/02/2020 15:10
Bought my standard exhaust for 20VT from Online Automotive. Double skinned baffled with two boxes. Extremely quiet - much better than that annoying Toyosports (driving me mad). £180 + fittings if required. Its a quality exhaust, not the kwik-Fit (quick fall-off) budget variety!
Some seem to like boomy exhausts some don't. I am very sensitive to low frequency boom so find it annoying after a while. After all, the main function of an exhaust is to suppress this noise and a straight through exhaust won't do this properly and would also be relatively cheap to manufacture.
The car manufactuerer has invested considerable research in tuning an exhaust for the correct back pressure and damping and I am not sure the aftermarket ones are nearly so good in this respect.
They may of course last longer if stainless, but I have never had an issue with a standard exhaust on any vehicle within around 8 years, as long as its of the original quality. Just avoid the cheap copies (which last 3 years at the most and are also much noisier).

Link Here:

https://www.onlineautomotive.co.uk/car-parts/Fiat/Coupe/Exhausts/Exhaust-Back-Box
14 923 Read More
Technical Issues
12/02/2020 14:11
I’ve PM’d you smile
5 280 Read More
General Maintenance
12/02/2020 12:36
It'll be interesting to see the quality, a few people have asked me for new 16vt rads over the past year so keen to know how this turns out.
4 179 Read More
Styling
11/02/2020 22:46
Originally Posted by jimboy
When I did mine, took me some time to come up with a finish that was acceptable to me. I could not for the life of me get rid of the orange peel when spraying the gloss black. In the end, there were so many coats of paint on, I rubbed it with fine wet & dry, & polished the hell out of it. I was at it for days, on & off.

Agreed, the pitted finish that my second one came up with seemed immovable.

Then I remembered being daft enough to polish up a plenum some years ago, it took weeks. Got a lot of good advice during the process and learnt quite a lot also, especially never to do it again laugh

Using a 380 grit wet-and-dry I was able to remove all the citrus stuff from the console eventually. I was quite glad not to keep going at it with acetone as it seemed to melt the plastic surface. Going through 1000, 1200, 1500 and 2500 grit in turn I've managed to get a passable surface on it now, with a final coating of decent paint restorer to polish it off.

Took a whole day rolleyes
21 1,848 Read More
Coupé Spotting
11/02/2020 17:35
Porto parked up by the Albion Works, spotted on BBC Politics Live program
1,161 776,350 Read More
Styling
11/02/2020 15:09
Auto DS is probably the only supplier that can colour match skirts to your code so ready to bond on out the box, have a nose around their website.
3 224 Read More
General Maintenance
11/02/2020 11:56
thanks!
2 144 Read More
Tuning
11/02/2020 09:56
Greddy boost setting figures will vary from car to car...so there isn't a one-figure-fit-all i'm afraid.
2 190 Read More
Technical Issues
11/02/2020 08:21
I did mine from the top. No need to remove the plenum.
3 230 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
10/02/2020 20:43
That button with the white dot? It's the ejector seat, but it only works if you have a sunroof... tongue

I haven't found the need to remove the balance shaft, or to lock it off, but one further potential advantage is that you can (if they're still available) get a 25mm wide cambelt conversion instead of the usual 19mm.

But that said, change the belt at 36,000 miles / 55,000 km or three years. If it goes, it's an engine wrecker...
6 273 Read More
General Maintenance
10/02/2020 14:53
The stretch ones with the plastic fitting cone are fine and no need to completely remove the track rod end. Unlike the stretch CV boots that I found to be less than useless.
4 129 Read More
General Chat
10/02/2020 08:49
Dear

The 2020 United Nations Economic and Social Council, High-level political forum conference on support and implementation of sustainable development Goals convened under the auspices of the Economic and Social Council will take place on 7 July 2020 - 13 July 2020 in New York(USA).

On behalf of the organizing and scientific working committee, I am Pleased to inform you that the United Nations General Assembly at its Coordination On 9 July 2013 formally adopted the 2030 Agenda For Support and Implementation of Sustainable Development Goal.
In accordance with this adoption, The United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)invites you to a 7 - days summit for Head of Departments,Businessmen,Traders & Exporter, philanthropists, Investment Groups, financial Professionals, policy makers, Economists, Educationists, Administrators,Manufacturers, Researchers, Non-Governmental Organizations, Community Organizations,lawyer and law Firms, individuals from the public and Private Sector from 7 July 2020 - 13 July 2020 in (USA) to establish an inclusive and Transparent intergovernmental process on sustainable development goals that is open to all stakeholders .The decision to hold the forum was made by UN General Assembly(A/RES/70/299). It was intended to be a high-level Summit, including heads of states / government or other representatives and resulting in a centralized political document designed to shape global environmental policy.

Visit :https://conf.un.org/DGAACS/meetings.nsf/wByDate?OpenForm&Start=1&Count=30&Expand=8&Seq=3

DATE: 7 July 2020 - 13 July 2020
VENUE: United Nations Headquarters in New York(405 East 42nd Street, New York, NY, 10017, USA).

THEME: United Nations Economic and Social Council, High-level political forum on support and implementation of sustainable development goals convened under the auspices of the Economic and Social Council.

Registration to this Summit is strictly for invited individuals and organizations only. As an invitee to this summit,This is your registration code UN/GFEC-243-2020 with the invitation Letter, which grants you access to the registration form. The United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) will sponsor free All-round flight ticket for all participants and stipends will also be given to all participants after the conference. Invited Participant will take responsible for their hotel accommodation cost and Feeding cost at the Intercontinental Hotels Groups, New York.

The United Nations Headquarters in New York(USA)is the venue of the summit while "Intercontinental"Hotels Group <https://www.ihg.hotelbooking.today> is officially designated to accommodate all participants for this forum.All participants will enjoy special luncheon shows,tourist attractions,Included outdoor tour activities available in host city. Entry Visa authorization letter will be given to all confirmed participants Who require a visa to USA through the US Consulates General.For further details about Registration , Accommodation, Visa ,flight Ticket and other details.

Write an Acceptance letter to be part of this event send directly to the UN Secretariat via email: UN Secretary<conference@conf-un.org> Early Registration is Give us the below Registration Details
.1. Full Name :
2. Organization :
3. Position :
4. Gender :
5. Marital Status
:6. Address :
7. City :
8. State/Province :
9. Zip/Postal Address:
10. Country :
11. Home Phone :
12. Mobile Phone:
13. E-mail:
14. Fax:
15. Would you need a Visa to USA?
16. Have you paid for your accommodation?
Kind Regards,
Michelle Carreno
Communication and Public Relations,
[Under- Secretary- General for Economic and Social Affair]

Pécsi Tudományegyetem
Magyarország els&#337; egyeteme – 1367

Kérem, ne nyomtassa ki ezt az e-mail-t, kivéve, ha szükséges.
Think Green - Please do not print this e-mail unless it's necessary.
781 45,743 Read More
News & Press
10/02/2020 08:39
0 77 Read More
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4