» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (386ka), 66 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums70
Topics111,795
Posts1,323,188
Members2,094
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 32,777
stan 32,111
Theresa 23,113
bockers 21,034
PeteP 20,339
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,287
Jim_Clennell 16,519
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
UK Social Events
6 hours ago
Originally Posted by Ali_and_Marvin
I'll have to give Festival Italia a miss this year as it clashes with the delayed 2020 Henley Regatta which we already had tickets for.

I know it will be a great day and I'll be sorry to miss the opportunity to catch up with up with my Coupe friends after so long.

Have fun everyone!

Perhaps Mitcar at Gaydon the following weekend Ali?
12 1,243 Read More
UK Social Events
6 hours ago
I may well go.
2 143 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
10 hours ago
Thanks for reply
2 136 Read More
UK Social Events
28/07/2021 11:32
Originally Posted by Matthewpilcher
Ok perfect where abouts is this information about attending, I cannot seem to find it?

It’s on uk events? Not social uk Avents? I’m new to this website sorry

It's on This Thread Matthew
54 6,002 Read More
Coupés for Sale
28/07/2021 09:26
Thanks Austin - my Coupe isn't perfect, but has the makings of an excellent car. As you say, the highs and lows of my eleven year journey with this car are here on the forum for all to see, so nothing is hidden.

Ad is also live in Pistonheads - I would have preferred it to go to someone that knows Coupes well - I thought I had found that person about 12-18 months ago, but he has wasted vast amounts of my time. The last straw was us agreeing a price and him arranging to come and drive the car last Saturday. He didn't turn up and I haven't heard anything since then.
110 32,118 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
28/07/2021 09:20
In Australia, there was a 'Sports Pack' option to upgrade your 20V Turbo with Red Calipers, Strut Brace and Rocker Cover, was this an option in Europe for the standard cars, or did those only come on the LE and Plus? I had all the brochures at one point for these things but let them go, so if someone has a link to any those that would be helpful.
0 72 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
27/07/2021 22:50
congratulations

nice colour but ....speed red is the best colour smile
6 255 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
27/07/2021 14:04
Originally Posted by Barmybob
...his decision to go electric has shocked the whole team...

That's Vauxhall electrics for you
40 2,521 Read More
Styling
27/07/2021 14:03
Hi DS thanks for the great howto. The amazon link doesn't work anymore so just wondering whether you could let me know the exact LED's I need from Auxbeam?

Cheers.
Joe
20 1,487 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
27/07/2021 07:49
Originally Posted by barnacle
Yeah, quite... it just strikes me as odd that the manufacturers would leave themselves open to possible legislation: "So, your honour, the defendant's vehicle knew it was in a 30kph area outside a school, and displayed that speed limit on the satnav display, yet the cruise control remained engaged at 100kph..."

I'm not talking about restricting the actual vehicle speed to a posted limit - though I'm sure we'll see that one of these fine days - but it seems such an obvious thing - particularly as cruise control becomes less and less of a 'maintain speed x' and more of a 'follow the car in front' or even 'follow the road, if you can find it'.

Long before they implemented anything like this, I'd like to see cars' existing adaptive cruise control systems being used to mandate a 2 second gap to the car in front at all times, whether the cruise control was on or not. I see absolutely no reason why this couldn't be implemented now. It would certainly make a massive difference to the number of accidents out there and largley stop traffic caused by bunching and panic braking.
23 949 Read More
UK Social Events
26/07/2021 20:02
That carnatter sounds and looks good and the pictures you will get of your car are superp.

Yeah I was thinking of going, deffo booked into the brands hatch festival Italia

This is my first coupe and I absolutely love it, I was into my Retro Ford’s and thought I used to love Coupes so I bought a 20v vis and it’s the best car ever haha I’m deffo thrown into the Italian scene now haha
7 975 Read More
Club Information
25/07/2021 21:44
Originally Posted by Matthewpilcher

Also I wondering does car shows and meets show up in that general chat or …. Looking farward to see another coupe as down here I havnt seen another one haha

Keep your eye on the Events section smile
17 2,015 Read More
UK Social Events
25/07/2021 19:22
My paperwork also turned up yesterday, hoping the weather stays dry for it.
16 2,005 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
25/07/2021 16:08
Looks like I need to change insurers then - thanks for the replies, appreciated.
5 479 Read More
UK Social Events
25/07/2021 09:50
I am located in Sittingbourne 👍 could do with a good coupe car show or meet.

I love coupes probably the best car I’ve ever driven
12 2,121 Read More
General Chat
24/07/2021 15:51
If you are bottling, get the bottle tree as linked above.
Get starsan for sterilising. And a pump bottle steriliser.
A fermentation bucket with bottling wand is much easier.

Kit lagers are more of a pale ale than proper lager. Without the proper temperature control and yeasts you can’t really do a proper lager. Some passable ones but don’t expect them to as crisp or clean tasting as good commercial lagers.

Make sure the bottles you are saving have a decent wall thickness. I have found bulmers bottles work well. Careful with the priming sugar quantities as this causes beer bombs. You can get more consistent results priming the whole batch before bottling.
22 924 Read More
UK Social Events
24/07/2021 06:14
Will be great to see you both again

1.Edinburgh
2.G_Man
3.jimboy tbc
4 Barnacle + 1 assuming we're allowed out and in
5. Theresa
6. CC
7. Ballypete
8. Rosso + 1
9. StupotShazB
39 3,208 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
23/07/2021 18:12
Originally Posted by Master_Mariner
So ANOTHER big thank you to Stan- 2nd time I have had to use this in 6ish years!

I'm sure Stan would be too proud to take the credit for that How To wink
7 632 Read More
Tuning
23/07/2021 10:24
Originally Posted by clanger
If I could source one I would choose copper every time. The fins on the ally rads are very fragile.

I had not considered the fragility of the ally rad - good point! Ta.
2 175 Read More
Coupé Projects
20/07/2021 15:27
Nice progress being made again, the clutch has been done finally and it's well pretty much an entire improvement over before in the fact that it feels like a clutch now with a full biting point rather than only having about 1% of it left. When it was changed the conclusion was that it looked likely it was the original clutch too, so at 25 years old it was definitely time! laugh

Manifold and thermostat going on which was planned for the rest of this week, might be a bit more of a faff but fingers crossed it goes as smooth as it can.

Now onto the 9th August where the BC coilovers and the Cybox exhaust get fitted, if it all feels and runs good still without any advisable concern then it will be ready enough for going out to maybe some of my usual meet ups, yes I've got the engine bay to tidy up and decorate and maybe some more larger cosmetic changes in the future but for the time being it will be presentable enough, visually and aurally! It'll be around a year by then since I got the car and started with it, the progress in that time has been steady but I'm happy with the progress that has been made on a car that is as far back as this now. I got quite lucky as it could have been a lot worse, main thing was prioritising the cambelt and associated areas and then wax oiling and undersealing it all despite it being very good anyway just for peace of mind and avoiding any future pitfalls.

Forgot to get actual shots of the coilovers but the stock one will do, the Cybox exhaust looks really nice quality and should make it sound quite nice and free things up. Also some shots today of the little bits that have been on but I've not seen on until today due to it being stored until the work resumed again, not the best pics as my phone's camera isn't great but it shows it enough. Looks a lot better now the 16VT badges are on and the brakes have had the decals applied.

I'm sure I saw there might be another Coupe meet up at the Motorist in August so hopefully I might drop in just in time for that if I can.
9 1,344 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
17/07/2021 15:29
I think you could have a two gear automatic for these cars that bumped it from a slightly high ratio first gear into third at 2500 rpm going up and back down to first at 1250 rpm coming down. Save quite a bit of weight. Might save a licence or two. Shouldn't interrupt anyone's fun.
7 373 Read More
Tuning
17/07/2021 11:35
Originally Posted by Saint
Originally Posted by 386ka
I was recently made aware of this cast version: https://spaturbousa.com/products/spa-turbo-t3-manifold-lancia-fiat-coupe-2-0-16v-engines-tmf09

It looks like it should flow more than the standard, and is cast so more durable. smile

Thanks - good link as I hadn't seen that one before. Are you aware of anyone ever using it? and their results. hard to know if it would be any better than standard (apart from the wastegate port of course)

Nope, I have no additional info on it...
7 588 Read More
UK Social Events
16/07/2021 19:51
Might pop along to that one
2 195 Read More
UK Social Events
15/07/2021 20:15
I was at the show and thoroughly enjoyed the wide range of cars.

I would recommend anyone to go to a club advertised show, as you will meet others members who will offer encouragement and support in a very friendly way.
Many thanks to all there.

Paul
17 1,254 Read More
Insurance
15/07/2021 14:15
Just had my renewal with Hagerty,

For - super quick chat to correct their low valuation. They now state no evidence needed for values to £20k. And still no customer call centre, 25 minute phone call with someone far away. Young Sophie realises that people ringing up don't have the latest 1.1i Bluetooth speaker on wheels.

Against....premium this year was higher then last year and a tad higher then I suspect I could get if I shopped round. And I told them this. £304- for fully comp, eu, track and breakdown. Plus recovery options in eu (if we are ever allowed off the island again) and set value of £10k.

Still happy.....but would expect sub £280 price ideally.

MM
3 399 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2