» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 103 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics109,548
Posts1,302,072
Members2,735
Most Online546
Aug 30th, 2007
Top Posters(All Time)
stan 32,098
barnacle 32,022
Theresa 22,807
bockers 21,009
PeteP 18,889
JimO 17,908
Nigel 17,017
Jim_Clennell 16,288
Vickster 15,915
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Other Cars and Vehicles
34 minutes ago
Yes that’s a real shame.

I read a decent article about the EP3 Type R development and how it was honed in the roads around Swindon to make the near perfect British hot hatch.
1 5 Read More
Styling
40 minutes ago
Looking good Andy. smile
2 44 Read More
Tuning
1 hour ago
Cool,any difference in valve size maybe?
2 39 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
1 hour ago
Glad to see another Coupe is heading back for the road.

How much work is left before the MOT?
8 192 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
3 hours ago
More front end refurb pics - Offside - strip down and welding work.

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge
435 66,891 Read More
General Chat
3 hours ago
Generally a mixed bag???? confused
No real surprise Matt Le Blanc is stepping down.
By way of comparison, I also watched the latest Grand Tour, which was enjoyable and frustrating to an equal degree with TG.
Both formats need a new direction as they are both getting a little tired?
That said, I am glad they are both still around as I enjoy their petrolhead content. smile
6 162 Read More
General Maintenance
8 hours ago
Thank you really appreciate your advice.

Country cruising - If you have a set that would be great, Can you PM with the details please?
3 85 Read More
Technical Issues
Yesterday at 22:53
Thank you very much Graham for the valuable info and the good reads, wasn’t aware of that issue with the earlier 20vt’s, I’ve done swaps only between my ex-late’98 and current-late’99 coupes. The price difference is negligible also, so I’ll be after the second type definitely. The seals are in my checklist already and have them prepared for at least two years.

Bought the second coop with unknown type of chip installed and had intermittent knocking issue @1.2bar / full throttle, but that’s another story to chat.
2 169 Read More
Handling
Yesterday at 20:46
I already bought the DS2500. I decided to use the LE wheels, not the spacers.
I expect to have everything ready by the second week of March. I will post the results and also the total costs.
Thanks
13 793 Read More
Non-UK Events
16/02/2019 21:44
Last year was okay, in september though. But the club presence made it into something wonderful all those years with a chance to see everyone.
6 384 Read More
Technical Issues
16/02/2019 19:52
Think it is circa 20mins for the HRW and mirrors until auto off
6 354 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
16/02/2019 17:39
Welcome smile
14 325 Read More
General Maintenance
16/02/2019 10:31
Looks like that price was a jan special, still available on eBay From jjraceandrally for £44!! Still a good price? Looks like opies is competitive!!
14 1,191 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
16/02/2019 07:44
I know, I know!

I think it's testament to the car that we find it so endearing, despite the rotating monstrosities. It feels a bit like someone forcing Frank Bruno to wear ripped skinny jeans.
3 227 Read More
Technical Issues
15/02/2019 19:48
As Joe says, there's a thermo switch in the side of the radiator which controls the fan coming on. You have a dead thermostat - they stick open - and the bad news is there are no replacements available unless you are very very lucky and fine one at the back of a dealer somewhere.

There is a heat exchanger between the oil and water, on the back of the mounting block for the filter - the water goes down those two pipes on the front of the engine. So as a rule, when there's a lot of oil and water movement, the oil tracks the water temperature, within a few degrees.

The thermostat should open at 79 to 83C, and the fan normally comes on at 103C (or at least, that's what the internal water temperature tends to be, when the fan's running). The engine will hold at that all day, so don't panic about overheating unless it goes higher. Though you should make sure you have the correct level of coolant and that it holds sufficient antifreeze.

There have been a couple of attempts to replace the thermostat - BBR did one recently - involving removing the thermostat capsule from the inside of the thermostat (i.e. bashing it out!) and using an inline thermostat in the radiator top hose.
6 189 Read More
Technical Issues
15/02/2019 13:44
Originally Posted by GrahamL

Would be worth at least swapping wheels front to back just to see if it makes any difference, might also help if it's some weird wheel balancing issue.

Thanks yes, potential quick win there, I'll try that.
16 563 Read More
General Chat
15/02/2019 13:32
Ah needs refinement then!
28 1,469 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
15/02/2019 11:57
...on my wife's new (but used) VW EOS, It's a 2 litre diesel, and the other day whilst my wife was driving home from a short trip, it started to smell really strongly of burnt rubber, and power seemed to be down. Once at home, the smell seemed to be around the front and n/s/f of the car. Sniffing the tyres closely confirmed as similar smell, but no evidence of any tyres rubbing or any damage. Opening the bonnet resulted in a stronger smell, but not really in the o/s area where the cam/aux belts are. Can only see one aux belt and it looks OK, tension looks OK, engine runs OK with no odd sounds, but dash now shows tyre pressure warning, so maybe the n/s/f tyre is low, it looks OK but didn't check pressure yet. It supposedly has "self sealing" tyres, but the fronts were replaced with part worn tyres just before we bought it, maybe the TPMS sensor was not reset? Have read somewhere that it might be the DPF, running hot and making exhaust rubbers start to smell...

Any ideas?
0 69 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
15/02/2019 11:50
So in the end I sold the car (remotely via WhatsApp when I was in Oman!) with the broken engine, and took a roughly £3k hit, ouch! The engine design is such that the camshafts act on "fingers" that then press down on the valves, and somewhere in there are hydraulic tappets. A lot of that stuff got damaged on the inlet side, including the camshaft itself (score marks on the lobes). Looks like the tensioner failed, but there doesn't seem to be much comeback, it was replaced over a year ago so any "warranty" on parts or labour would have expired. Bummer.

Anyway, we now have a new car, a VW EOS, and a new problem thread to follow... frown
4 388 Read More
Coupés for Sale
15/02/2019 08:16
I should have said that the timing belt was done by Italicar in September 2017.
1 323 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
14/02/2019 22:57
No wait, this is the special Japan edition, goes up to 280 mph, right?
15 432 Read More
UK Social Events
14/02/2019 17:14
There is new organizer, Premier GT and is now 2 days only: Friday 19th April and Monday 22nd.

Our day will be Friday and the rub is that you need to apply to take part via Facebook..

Search Horsham Piazza Italia which has a link to the application form. There is a space to enter the club's name but they are dealing with applications individually.

This is the URL of the form if you refuse to use Facebook. https://thinkhorsham.wufoo.com/form...13VQspqhkgLg3PisspCBVhy9cZa3cVDaCNdYwO9I

Applications have to be in before 28 February 2019, so be quick.

Selection is by the organisers, the club has no input unfortunately, so all we can do is apply and hope for the best.

Hope to see you there,
0 54 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
14/02/2019 13:05
Originally Posted by Gripped
Ohh, I'll have to get some atmospheric pics of out Giulietta and the Coupe together. Also an excuse for a wash and polish.

laugh

All done by hand no doubt Toby! laugh
30 761 Read More
General Chat
13/02/2019 18:38
Well yes... the general idea is probably that if you don't have an illegal jammer, you might drive with a bit more regard to the speed limit?
1 181 Read More
Technical Issues
13/02/2019 10:44
Thanks Joe. will give it a go!
16 1,296 Read More
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5