» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (slicer, DM20vt, carlito), 101 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums68
Topics111,133
Posts1,317,507
Members2,280
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 32,506
stan 32,110
Theresa 23,034
bockers 21,028
PeteP 19,964
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,254
Jim_Clennell 16,423
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
General Chat
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by paul
actually maybe not showcase if not where was it ? who's was the GTV in the picture ?

You were correct the first time... it was the showcase and believe it or not it was 2002. My 16vt looked like it had a shine that just came off the production line of course it later turned pink. Going by the dress code it was winter.

the Gtv was Francos if you remember he also owned a coupe.
30 780 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
3 hours ago
Not necessary. I've seen 'em and can confirm that they are in fact on Joe's wall. Complete for count and slashes.

Neil
13 573 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
6 hours ago
Makes my failure to start and eventual abandonment coming over the Alps on the way to Turin last year seem trivial by comparison! Seems like it was several years ago now...

I hope you get it sorted, even if it's only a temporary fix to allow you to continue the journey.
19 722 Read More
General Chat
9 hours ago
Originally Posted by GrahamL
Where's Trappy with his top speed spreadsheet thingy? That car is apparently 1750 BHP and 1247 KG,

I've fudged a few numbers as I haven't found the full spec. Gearing is a mess but I'll take a look again later thumb
8 207 Read More
UK Social Events
Yesterday at 14:56
Rickinghall Classic Car Meet, Autojumble, Boot Sale & Trunk Trade now on due to it's popularity on

Saturday the 14th of November

Set up from 8am, free stalls & entry, large field behind the Farmer's Market, Rickinghall Village Hall, IP22 1HD, for further information contact Dangerous Dave on 07806 437722.
2 301 Read More
General Chat
Yesterday at 08:44
There was a man who worked for the Post Office whose job was to process all the mail that had illegible addresses.

One day, a letter came addressed in a shaky handwriting to God with no address. He thought he should open it to see what it was about. The letter read: Dear God, I am an 83 year old widow, living on a very small pension. Yesterday someone stole my purse. It had £100 in it, which was all the money I had until my next pension cheque. Next Sunday is Christmas, and I had invited two of my friends over for dinner. Without that money, I have nothing to buy food with. I have no family to turn to, and you are my only hope. Can you please help me? Sincerely, Edna

The postal worker was touched. He showed the letter to all the other workers. Each one dug into his or her wallet and came up with a few pounds. By the time he made the rounds, he had collected £96, which they put into an envelope and sent to the woman. The rest of the day, all the workers felt a warm glow thinking of Edna and the dinner she would be able to share with her friends. Christmas came and went.

A few days later, another letter came from the same old lady to God. All the workers gathered around while the letter was opened. It read: Dear God, How can I ever thank you enough for what you did for me? Because of your gift of love, I was able to fix a glorious dinner for my friends. We had a very nice day and I told my friends of your wonderful gift. By the way, there was £4 missing. I think it must have been those bastards at the Post Office! Sincerely, Edna
730 169,285 Read More
General Chat
19/10/2020 10:49
Sorry to hear this Theresa. frown

If it's any consolation, it's not a reflection of your abilities and work ethic whatsoever and is totally out of your hands!

I'm sure you'll be fine in getting something else! smile cool
8 311 Read More
Styling
18/10/2020 09:25
Originally Posted by DaveG
Neither of those, I would place them in the middle

I’m with you Dave, middle it is.
8 1,285 Read More
Styling
17/10/2020 21:25
they were my original ones, but they underwent renovation because unfortunately the + 1 + 2 passenger in the car caused more friction, creaking etc. After replacing the problem disappeared
5 622 Read More
Club Information
17/10/2020 19:03
Paid by bank transfer this morning - early this year, rather than late!

I can't believe that I have been a member for 16 years; so that's 16 years of Coupe ownership as well.

Coupe numbers must be dwindling a bit by now I suppose?

Paul
0 48 Read More
General Chat
17/10/2020 18:13
That last one does sound a bit dodgy...
819 61,196 Read More
Styling
17/10/2020 12:06
And here's Babe with the new badge - much better!
2 228 Read More
Coupés for Sale
17/10/2020 06:46
Bump
1 924 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
16/10/2020 19:35
Hello and welcome Alan hope you enjoy the new coupé. They are a tremendous place to be in as you will no doubt have noticed by now smile

Noy so far from you in Motherwell.
3 216 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
16/10/2020 17:40
Thanks, Jim, I saw those but I was hoping for something a bit more VW specific...
2 98 Read More
General Chat
16/10/2020 14:20
Aye Simon. It does take a wee while to get up to speed at hearing the English in its under ware as named sometimes. laugh The last time my wife and I stayed in Aberdeen for a short City break, it was hard to spot the local. I’m a social person as you know, but speaking to people we met most had foreign accents or English. Funny on hearing the broad Doric accent when we came across a true local after years away.
22 431 Read More
General Chat
16/10/2020 04:37
Originally Posted by Theresa
The screen is just a very dark blue/black, no keys are working frown

I didn't do any updates, all I did was switch it off as it was running really slow and not responding. When I switched it back on, it started this stupid loop ffs frown

My work laptop did this last night, I upgraded it to windows 10 a few weeks ago. Very slow, eventually locked up, had to do a hard shutdown to kill it. Booting up it ends up in a windows repair screen and goes nowhere. Pulled the battery out, played with the bios, every trick I could think of, eventually left it and had a bath. It was at the login screen when I came back and has been functioning fine since. The cortana crap has been coming up every time I move the cursor out of the side bar, but that's another issue.
14 608 Read More
General Chat
15/10/2020 20:50
Mattb that's a name I haven't seen in a very long time!
17 495 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
15/10/2020 20:09
Hell yeah, buy all the land in between and make a race track to the pub and back. Could build some lovely houses dotted around the fields, and thanks to Stan we won't even have to pay council tax on them.
18 446 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
15/10/2020 19:57
Originally Posted by Edinburgh
I know someone not too far away who's installed a push-button start in their VIS, for example...

I'm rather fond of that new start button addition thanks...DG

I think a nice 2.4 for next years Italian road trip driving
6 333 Read More
General Chat
15/10/2020 18:13
An immigrant plans on integrating.
11 429 Read More
General Chat
15/10/2020 17:53
The capstan on tape machines is subject to wear and hardening, causing slip. If some idiot leaves it turned off but in play, the capstan gets a notch in it. All these cause tape speed errors of greater or lesser degree...
4 244 Read More
Insurance
15/10/2020 14:55
Originally Posted by jimboy
I’m with Adrian Flux quote this year £200, had a wee look at Hagerty they wanted near double that shocked

Originally Posted by jimboy
I’m with Adrian Flux quote this year £200, had a wee look at Hagerty they wanted near double that shocked

Your part of the country Jim must be one of the most favourable surely...

(except when you want packages delivered rolleyes )
17 1,192 Read More
Tuning
15/10/2020 11:20
thanks, i will try Begbie's advice. laugh
3 210 Read More
Coupé Spotting
14/10/2020 21:06
Broom Yellow in Malton, sporting "Abarth" badge looked tidy. First spot for time!
177 106,107 Read More
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3