Nice to read it's still coming along, but taking the dashboard out was a complete and utter a**e
I forgot to mention that the dash fell to bits in the process. Now it's out though, at least it's easy top see how the bleeding thing is supposed to come out. I've got ideas on re-fitting a new one while the car is having a glass-out respray.
I would do that if I was you, as having the glass in I couldn't quite get the dash back in properly and had to trim some metal to be able to get the vent on the dashboard back onto the heater
Lots of info on the net about different types of cables and sizes. If you're just running speakers off the headunit then you won't need anything fancy, but a good quality cable from a trusted supplier can't be bad, and they're not too expensive either.
I think you can remove old cables and insert new to the existing plug with a special tool or possibly buy a blank plug to set new cables into.
Or, you could go down the Morrison tried and tested route of cutting the cables 2 inches off the plug and connecting new cables to the old. Not ideal.
I'd be very interested if you could share the xdf and bin file. What software are you using to read the eprom. Can the file be downloaded direct from the ecu like modern cars or does the eprom need to be read removed from the ecu?
Contrary to others, I quite enjoyed it and particularly liked the fact the buyer father and son had a shared passion for the Coupe.
If they were passionate, I'd like to think they'd have popped on here and checked out the years old guides on what to look for and have a fair idea of what modifications are sensible. Aside from the fact that 309bhp and 346lbs/ft on a 20vT is unheard of, if it was possible, you wouldn't run it through a SMIC... This was part of common discussion back in the mid noughties.
Just incase anyone ever wanted closure to this one, I went with standard sized speakers in the standard location.
The rear quarter plastic is thick enough and has enough curves to be strong and have 'little' vibration. Plus the angle of putting the speaker in the metal body means it's firing at the wrong angle and firing into the rear quarter void. I felt the standard size and location would offer best results.
Spent a fair amount of time and money on vibration damping and sound deadening and a new set of speakers for the front. Rewired the entire system, amp and a teeny sub.
The sound is amazing, it's brought to light a few rattles that need sorting now. But it's the same thing as bhp, I'm already plotting a bigger sub and amp to match the quality and power of the main cabin speakers.
The car went in to Power Italia to have NGK8s fitted (another possible contributing factor with the engine issues) and dampers adjusted to 14 front, 11 rear. It felt a lot more planted after this set up so I'm going to leave it here for now.
With the cage booked in for end of July, I was understandably relieved when the Sabelt Titan XLs arrived at my house only a week before! Of course, I immediately sat one down on top of the old seat on the garage floor to test it out and found it to be just as good as I had hoped after having tested them many months before. Very happy With a boot full of shiny bits, I headed off to Joe’s to get some help removing the dash…
The dash proved to be even more stubborn than I had feared, but thankfully Joe was able to draw on near limitless levels of sorcery and it finally came off. Back into the car, I headed on to the roll cage guy.
Upon arrival at the roll cage fitter, it transpired that he’d forgotten I was en route so the whole day of rushing around in blistering heat was for nought. Which was nice.
Glad you've got it sorted. We're just back after a week in France visiting my kids, so won't be heading up to watch you, sadly, but I've a mate who lives on Anglesey - I'll see if he wants to cheer for you on my behalf!