» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (carmine, Ballypete, Alan_K, neil_r, 1 invisible), 123 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics110,429
Posts1,310,758
Members2,178
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 32,314
stan 32,098
Theresa 22,925
bockers 21,019
PeteP 19,377
JimO 17,908
Nigel 17,202
Jim_Clennell 16,346
nismo 15,137
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Handling
17 minutes ago
My newly refurbished Plus alloys with all new Toyo Proxie Tyres
17 368 Read More
General Chat
2 hours ago
Hello, I'm mrsjuliet williams of Queensland Australia i am widow suffering from cancer leukemia and
i have a short life to live. I have decided to entrust in your hand my inheritance for a charitable
and humanitarian divine project to help fulfill my last wish on earth. Kindly get back to me
through my email address for more details in regards to the divine project.
mrsjulietwilliams10@gmail.com
may God Bless You,
753 43,975 Read More
Technical Issues
2 hours ago
It could be detonation due to a failing injector, if it overheats the ring it'll drag down the cylinder as shown in your underside picture.
45 3,942 Read More
Coupé Parts for Sale
3 hours ago
Thinking that prospective buyers might like to know what power you ran it at for the 10k miles and perhaps what you think it would engineered to take?
1 86 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
Yesterday at 22:28
I got confused by the video.... Assume it is in 3rd gear..

8 451 Read More
Technical Issues
Yesterday at 22:20
Cheers, found it
2 41 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
Yesterday at 20:31
Cheers, onward and upwards.
37 825 Read More
Styling
Yesterday at 13:27
Dark red Metallic (Code 180). Here's the chart to prove it:

https://carpaintcode.vernicispray.co.uk/4-en-276-32-fiat-coupe-red.jsp
97 26,764 Read More
Technical Issues
Yesterday at 13:03
Will follow your advice - thanks again laugh
4 96 Read More
UK Social Events
22/01/2020 23:18
Put me down for it please Rich.
3 68 Read More
General Maintenance
22/01/2020 19:32
Thanks!
2 96 Read More
General Maintenance
22/01/2020 17:32
If you have a blue plug Alan you've bought the correct sensor.
6 186 Read More
Styling
22/01/2020 12:54
Originally Posted by KevinW

I doubt the Night King could resurrect a thread this old, good work thumb
42 7,376 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
22/01/2020 12:10
I agree with the above that the "rush" to small capacity petrol engines is all very well, but the fact is turbo diesels are still more powerful in the real world IF you also want good fuel economy. They've refined diesels over the last 20 years to the point where they outperform petrol (IMO) the instant grunt for overtaking and relaxed motorway cruise for example. And with modern DPF, AdBlue etc, they are far less polluting than before.

I love the lazy torque of a diesel and i think they would suit a 4x4 car better.

There is a move to penalise diesels, but given that they probably still make up a large proportion of UK cars, it'll take a while to phase them out.

On the other hand, fizzy turbo petrols are great fun to drive, but you don't generally get the fuel economy.

Petrols have some catching up to do, but nowadays the efficiency will be achieved by going hybrid.
3 139 Read More
Non-UK Events
22/01/2020 12:08
Today I've booked the shuttle for this event, plan to go over on the 12th so I can make a long weekend out of it returning on the 15th, present costs are £146.00 return which is £20 more then the ferry, reserved a chalet at Eau rouge, it's been 5 years since my last visit and I've been reliably told it's a great event again now so looking forward to it.
1 380 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
22/01/2020 11:56
Welcome back and great shot of your frosty Coupe!
3 188 Read More
Technical Issues
22/01/2020 11:29
Originally Posted by hangar1138
if I set cold the air comes in cold but if I set full hot temp sometimes is medium hot sometimes is a thin hot
I gave a call to my garage and they told me to change the heater matrix that probably after 24 years some pipes are obstructed

It is quite possible that the veins are blocked, and if it's that old it won't do any harm renewing anyway.

As a quick test what temp are the matrix lines going to the bulkhead?
8 171 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
22/01/2020 11:19
Bumping this thread......

After a couple of months of looking for a replacement for my trusty Audi, last night I drove home in a Focus RS. I'd looked at a few different cars - A45, S3 Golf R and a TTS but plumped for the RS.

It's a 17 plate, 19k miles, one owner, Lux pack, Winter pack and forged alloys. It also has a ceramic coat so the bodywork is 'as new' The interior is immaculate with no bolster wear and rear seats that look like they've never been sat in.

Like Gunzi I'm going with a Dreamscience map as they get good reviews. I'm also booked in for a Ghost immobiliser.

I can't wait to drive it properly laugh

24 2,526 Read More
UK Social Events
21/01/2020 20:33
Noticed this advertised yesterday. Might consider popping along April 12th. It might be a good replacement for Horsham show.
1 74 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
21/01/2020 18:28
Originally Posted by magooagain
Another upside is we can all go visit them Bob!

Another stop to add to our trips around Europe.
23 734 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
21/01/2020 18:26
Just like to echo what has been said above, sounds interesting smile
47 885 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
21/01/2020 13:31
Originally Posted by Nigel
Shame they can't proof read though - halfway through the article, it seamlessly starts ranting about the Ford Racing Puma.....

Ha Ha. It wasn't just me then. Pertinent as my other car is a Puma Black smile
3 316 Read More
General Maintenance
21/01/2020 10:46
Originally Posted by 386ka
Well they say that their lexan window meets FIA standards, and if they do, then it's probably even better than regular equipment. laugh
Anyway, maybe you've considered using polyurethane to fill in the gaps of the rubber? Maybe even spraying it afterwards with grainy spray?

It doesn't matter if it meets another standard unless it is an accepted equivalent. If it does not have the "E" mark etc., it will make the car "illegal/unrodworthy". Track standards don't usually translate to road ones and they are much stricter here that in the UK, etc. Better? Well it will be a light, floppy plastic window. Safe for racing but not what you want on a restored "near-classic".

The bill for this restoration is already enough that spoiling the end result with bodges to save a few Euros is not an option unless a part really is not available. Getting a good deal on parts or only replacing what actually needs replacing is the target. The glass surround/seal is what I need but it appears not to be available.

Grainy spray looks great when new but fades quite fast, again spoiling the look. OK on items you can remove and redo but not ideal for glued-in window surrounds.
8 185 Read More
Coupé Spotting
20/01/2020 20:39
Lady driver in faded red unadulterated Coupe on A406 north circular this afternoon travelling between A13 and M11
Looked a lot like the rear near side wheel was about to collapse into the boot :-(
N reg with F's and or J's, couldn't get a pic whilst driving
62 19,219 Read More
Coupés for Sale
20/01/2020 19:48
Price: £6,250

Engine and model: 2.0 20v Turbo

Mileage: 52,000 miles

Body colour: Scotts Green

Interior colour and material: Black leather

Manufactured in: 1997

# of previous owners: 3

MOT: December 2020

Known technical issues: Can only open boot with internal release. However the previous owner had all the barrels replaced as had lost some keys so all 3 keys are with the car, alloy, blue and red.

General condition in and out: Condition is very good inside and out see below for recent work carried out. The only thing detracting from the interior is some scratches on the drivers seat back bolster (probably caused by jacket zip)

Extensive work carried out in November 2017 at Midland Car Servicing included the following at a cost of £2850
Full service
Alternator
Exhaust manifold gasket
Cambelt kit
Both front wishbones
Air con condenser
Front anti roll bar drop links
Turbo pipe replaced
Handbrake cables replaced
Full alignment

In April 2018 I had the steering rack replaced and the bonnet repainted to take car of some stone chips.

Modifications: None

Reg Number included

My full name: John Brooks
0 102 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2