» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Rudidudi, 1 invisible), 140 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics109,908
Posts1,305,620
Members2,807
Most Online546
Aug 30th, 2007
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 32,152
stan 32,098
Theresa 22,832
bockers 21,012
PeteP 19,093
JimO 17,908
Nigel 17,093
Jim_Clennell 16,328
Vickster 15,915
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Non-UK Events
4 minutes ago
How is everyone keeping in contact "on the road" and in Turin? Could I swop numbers with someone in case I need to contact you all.
388 20,719 Read More
Coupés for Sale
1 hour ago
Oggy oggy oggy, oi oi oi!
87 14,085 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
1 hour ago
click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

Today whilst taking an enthusiastic drive in the RS I blurted this out... "I hate to say this Trish but this car is better than the Coupé in almost every way"

Initially this statement seems really harsh, kind of like taking a pee on all my happy Coupé memories. But it really isn't that simple. I absolutely loved my Coupé and I am sure for the rest of my days the Coupé will stand as the best bang for buck car of my life. When I bought my Coupé it was a modern stylish 2+2 Coupé and was almost as good as the best car I had ever owned at that point - the Audi Quattro. I didn't have the Quattro long. It was hideously expensive to buy, run and almost impossible, for a young fellow, to insure so it had to go, replaced by a watered down Coupé Quattro. The little Fiat Coupé gave me almost everything the old Quattro had but brought stunning Italian (American) design flair to the party.

I kept the Fiat far longer than I initially expected and often said I would keep it forever. Sadly as we both aged I realised I didn't really want a classic and with Audi sticking a Turbo charged 5 cylinder back in the mix it was kind of written that I would make an Audi return.

So back to my statement. "Better... ...in almost every way" Let's not forget I'm comparing a car with probably one of the best engines of recent years, up to the minute tech, an amazing chassis and a hideous price point, to a 20 year old Fiat Coupé. My old Quattro was fabulous but surprisingly a little Fiat was, for me, better in many ways. It has then taken a car as epic as the TTRS to better the Fiat. Sadly I don't ever see Fiat doing anything like the Coupé again. I seriously doubt that in 15 - 20 years time some chap is going to be buying a fast Fiat that is offering a fabulous soundtrack wrapped up in a stunning and unusual Coupé body frown
13 538 Read More
UK Social Events
3 hours ago
I have booked too. 9 spaces left now
9 532 Read More
UK Social Events
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by bobbyboy
How did this go everyone? Any pics?

Was quieter than last year with both cars and visitors, the lack of cars was a bit disappointing but fewer people was nice. Got to have a little wander around and the weather was decent.
12 707 Read More
Technical Issues
3 hours ago
Pull the pipe off the turbo output and block it, then start the engine and it'll suck all the air out of the intake pipes and collapse them, then stall. You can then hear where the air is getting sucked in if there's a leak, as the pipes take shape again.

I'd also fit a boost gauge if you don't have one, will be very useful to know actual vacuum level and what the boost is doing when it misfires. You can even just plumb it in temporarily with hose tee'd in at the FPR, pipe in the driver's window and gauge taped to the dash.
23 662 Read More
Tuning
12 hours ago
Nice project,hopefully will be alive one day. Do you think stock 2.0 16v internals can handle 0.4-0.6 bars if I lower the CR,to around 9:1 ?
2 93 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
14 hours ago
Thanks, just replied to your last email, looking forward to meeting you on the 14th thumb
3 179 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
14 hours ago
Have had a couple of Mitos and liked them. Only problem was the heater fan variable speed resistor failed on the first one after 3 years - not a big deal. Otherwise both totally reliable. Currently have a 1.4 95bhp Mito in the family - it would be a fine first car, plenty quick enough and very nice inside.
2 110 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
15 hours ago
Extremely expensive on EPR
2 122 Read More