» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Edinburgh), 314 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,543
Posts1,340,430
Members1,785
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,520
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,294
PeteP 21,482
bockers 21,070
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,366
Edinburgh 16,660
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
UK Social Events
1 hour ago
There's a week and a bit for the water to drain Chris, so I'm optimistic.
2 458 Read More
Coupé Projects
1 hour ago
Just a quick one today, went over to the Coupe with the intention of continuing removing the sound deadening in the front, only to find it goes under some other thingy at the front, which goes right up behind the dashboard, so I decided to start on removing the dashboard, its got some damage to it anyways and was going to swap it out with my 16v donor cars dash, and man the guide on how to remove the instrument panel wasn't kidding, those clips are so hard to get off.
16 1,819 Read More
Coupé Parts for Sale
1 hour ago
Hi monty,
How does £125 including delivery sound?

Cheers Jamie
2 186 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
2 hours ago
Could i have 1 x red keyring, and a blue oblong please and a red pin.
10 459 Read More
Coupé Parts for Sale
2 hours ago
Hi Jamie, how much for 5 with postage within UK?

M
2 186 Read More
UK Social Events
3 hours ago
Pete,

I am planning on being there but since I got an email from Beaulieu today postponing Simply Italian until 20/7/24 on the grounds that their 'grounds' may not be able to cope I fear this too may be cancelled, unless they have their own tractor to pull people out and an industrial strength jet-washer to clean up the cars!! If it happens it happens and I'll see you there.
2 458 Read More
General Chat
5 hours ago
I'm getting the feeling that maybe it was your dad whom I met at Hopetoun House many years ago? And that he was PaulS and you are now paul, perhaps the person that was assisting with the sale of some tan upholstery a few years back?

Anyway one of you still may have a cinquecento at Alfonso's (last time I looked) where we might be getting some work done on our project coupé...
23 2,267 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
6 hours ago
Originally Posted by Theresa
Yes, I know you need a current MOT and I have until May to get it sorted and also off the road.

thumb

......so what's the plan for your Coupe then T?
13 835 Read More
Coupé Projects
6 hours ago
It's not the size it's how you use it laugh

Seriously you're right I really don't want to have to fabricate another down pipe like I did for the 30/82 which had the watergate plumbed in to the exhaust, this one can have a screamer pipe.

........ this was hard work!

12 920 Read More
General Chat
9 hours ago
Yes cool well on my dads side, my Nonna is from Bagni di Lucca ...common quick translation wink ( baths of Lucca ) , but my Nonno , is from a tiny village ( 2 yes, 2 houses, called Abettiao -- I think thats the correct spelling , one house was owned my us, Santi and the other was owned by Pieri ) , which I literally just outside Barga, my brother (Ericand his wife Laura who is/ was a Conneta ) goes every year, and I am going to a wedding there in July this year, where my friends daughter is getting married ( and err yes she is is a ...Pieri !!! . laugh . her fathers name is Johhny , he's very well known in Barga , his mum and sister still live there ).

I also have a cousin Brian who has a house just outside of Barga , he is a Corrigan , my dads sister married a Corrigan over 70 years ago ,a big 'thing' in those days .

small world !!
23 2,267 Read More
Coupé Projects
Yesterday at 18:54
I see that you are going with a seperate wastegate Joe.

That should make the downpipe installation fit a lot easier than mine was with the integrated wastegate Your turbine housing looks about 4 inches shorter than mine (no smutty jokes please smile )
12 920 Read More
General Chat
Yesterday at 18:25
Originally Posted by paul
best Italian word ??....

Ooofa ....basically means wtf about everything smile

Funny, we were just given a load of Italian (Rome-based) slang in our class last night laugh

Do I know your folks Paul?

Lucca love

Barga perhaps?
23 2,267 Read More
General Chat
Yesterday at 16:05
best Italian word ??....

Ooofa ....basically means wtf about everything smile
23 2,267 Read More
General Chat
Yesterday at 16:04
I think you know both my parents, and my wifes parents are from Italy, mines are from near Lucca , Delia's are from near Naples ,you could say we are 100% Italian parts ,but assembled in the UK wink
- Delia speaks fluent Italian ,and did Italian translation at uni , sadly I can just get by ....but seemingly, far better when I've had a glass of vino or 2 or 3 or 4 rolleyes
23 2,267 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
Yesterday at 15:19
Yes, I know you need a current MOT and I have until May to get it sorted and also off the road.
13 835 Read More
Non-UK Events
Yesterday at 13:58
Originally Posted by Rosso
Anyone got experience of using Toll Box Italy from Tolltickets?

We've never bothered to look at them before now but I think it should save me from kerbing that same alloy again.

There are similar devices available but Tolltickets box works out at 16 euro Inc delivery for it and that covers Italy.

Or the box from Bip&Go works out at 24 euro.

Shame Italy doesn't do a vignette like Switzerland and others! I'm not keen on toll gates. With my little arms I struggled in the family car to reach to take the tickets and to pay in France, when we went skiing last month. I'm worried about damaging the Coupe as its lower too.

I got an Emovis Tag for the French motorways (we'll be heading down through France from the Channel tunnel) just before you posted this. Like you we've not bothered before but I wish I'd done it sooner now. We tend to drive through France most years en route to somewhere and it can be swapped between cars which is great for us. It can be extended for use in Spain and Portugal but unfortunately not Italy.

Looking at Italian motoway tolls they seem confusing. Does the Tolltickets box cover all motorways/toll roads in Italy as it says some routes can't be billed? I'm not sure they can be used for driving through the various tunnels.

I may go for Toll Box Italy too so I may end up with 2 different ones stuck to the windscreen as they say the holders can only take their tags.
370 67,972 Read More
Non-UK Events
Yesterday at 08:20
Yah, my email contains nothing similar... (and it's in Italian)
370 67,972 Read More
Non-UK Events
26/03/2024 23:22
If anyone on the confirmation list lives near Peterborough could they please PM me?
370 67,972 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
26/03/2024 19:00
Originally Posted by PaulL
Simon, the Charente is a lovely area, and I'm really envious of PaulW.

I think that Paul keeps his car in an outbuilding.
Maybe you could offer your services as a night Watchman.

Paul

Yes, it's a lucky car and shares a 60sqM nice dry barn - the garage bit is one half and the other part is a sort of workshop / storage area. It's locked up a night and we have 4 cameras covering the courtyard - not that they are needed as crime in Ruffec is extremely low level. In fact in the last 8 years since we moved here I have never locked our main car, which sits on the driveway.

Car is nice and dry already I am afraid. All the polish that has been added over the last year was doing its job, with the water just sitting in 'bobbles' on the surface, so very easy to wipe up with towels!

What a shame Simon, I have a spare room, but no piano!

Paul
6 287 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
26/03/2024 18:17
Originally Posted by PaulL

laugh
If he provided a piano I could play the Moonlight Sonata, followed by Clair de Lune...
6 287 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
26/03/2024 17:23
Simon, the Charente is a lovely area, and I'm really envious of PaulW.

I think that Paul keeps his car in an outbuilding.

Paul

I wouldn't mind driving over and drying the coupe off for you.

I'll only charge for a lovely evening meal and a glass of wine.

Paul
6 287 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
26/03/2024 15:28
Originally Posted by szkom
Originally Posted by Countrycruising
I think you need to have a current MOT on the Coupe to be able to transfer a private plate, needs checking but I seem to remember those are the rules.

I can confirm that was the case when we wanted to move a plate over a few years back

My memory hasn't failed just yet, lol crazy

thumb
13 835 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
26/03/2024 15:25
Let us know how you get on thumb
14 410 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
26/03/2024 14:32
Originally Posted by Countrycruising
Watergate actuator you'll need 14psi.

Thanks alot.