» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Trappy, 386ka), 55 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums68
Topics110,804
Posts1,314,469
Members2,180
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 32,427
stan 32,098
Theresa 22,977
bockers 21,025
PeteP 19,715
JimO 17,913
Nigel 17,228
Jim_Clennell 16,378
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
General Chat
10 hours ago
United Nations Headquarters New York
405 East 42nd Street, New York,
NY, 10017, United States of America
Direct Office lines: +1 (260) 619 1843
Direct Fax Line: +1 (260) 619 1944

Our Ref: W.H.O/89177849USA/2020
Congratulations Fund Beneficiary / Email Address Owner

It has been observed that you have not received your fund $ 2.5 Million United States Dollars.

The Human Health Organisation foundation enhanced by the United Nations and the Universal Health organization have successfully passed a mandate to the current acting president of US his Excellency President Donald Trump to boost the exercise of clearing all foreign debts owed to you and other
individuals and organizations who have been found not to have receive their Pending W.H.O grant.

Below is the Registration Information?s of your Fund and you are to provide the following details to Mr. Sean Maloney on contacting him as evidence of receiving email from us as a beneficiary to this compensation fund.

FUND AWARD REFERENCE CODE: WHO2 563US, REGISTERED TAG: USAEFCB79268, SECURITY CODE: PDUN/2020/90363/, TRANSACTION CODE 8912/TCUNEW/9563/50253
FULL NAMES........ ADDRESS....... PHONE NUMBER........
Email address: worldhealthorganization20@citromail.hu

We expect your urgent confirmation and response to this email as directed to enable the WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION (W.H.O) monitor your payment effectively.

With best compliments,

Chairman, Dr. Hiroki Nakatani

WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION (W.H.O)
We the people?..A stronger W.H.O for a better world
United Nations Headquarters New York
405 East 42nd Street, New York,
NY, 10017, United States of America
799 53,967 Read More
Coupé Projects
Yesterday at 21:15
Update

Flushed brake fluid
Fixed windscreen washers (temporary for mot)
Refilled front diff.
Air filter replaced

MOT COMPLETED:
Failed on

emissions (expected as I couldn’t get the de-cat pipe off)
Front light beam dip
Handbrake cable efficiency low.

Not bad! Easy fix on the whole

New issues:
Central locking not working - won’t lock...
4 103 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
Yesterday at 19:29
Originally Posted by respace
One appeared on Ebay today at Chester looks okay, don't no how far north that is! Seldom get beyond Watford, no head for heights!

I have seen that one too. I am fishy about it for some reason. Spider senses tingling haha
15 710 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
Yesterday at 19:28
Originally Posted by KevinW
Hi Mick. I looked at a number of cars - some on ebay but all quite disappointing. They all needed quite a bit of work and would have cost 1000's to restore.
I was searching for around 4 months and kept a regular eye on the usual sites. I think the trouble with ebay is that even if you bid you still have to look at the car and then realise that it is worth less than you bid as you hadn't seen it. I would recommend viewing before you bid, but even then of course you may not win anyway.

Finally found the Babe on Preloved.co.uk. Ended up paying a bit more than I originally intended but in retrospect a good decision as I haven't had to spend much at all - just sorted out a few niggles. Bodywork rust free. Good Luck!

Hi

I totally forgot pre loved. I will keep looking and oh yes you are right.

I would not dream of bidding on a car. Most of them go off before the auction or as a classified in a flash if decent but everything I was looking at was found on ebay and would of been a private sale. The last green one i saw was a classified for 3.5k and if he was genuine sounded very clean. Less than 24 hours it sold local.

I dont actually think its possible to find a good buy on ebay via auction. If its worth 2k a idiot will pay 2500, lesson learned 2 years later into finishing off our jeep from ebay the last time haha.

Its nice to hear another success story though, keeps the hope burning

Mick
15 710 Read More
General Chat
Yesterday at 19:08
Originally Posted by bockers
The clan is reforming in these strange times . Wellformed here yet?

Oh wow, hello John, all the old forum fossils are coming out now! I mean showing up, not "coming out" wink
18 586 Read More
General Chat
Yesterday at 15:17
Hi JimO wave cool
18 586 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
Yesterday at 13:10
Hi Mick. I looked at a number of cars - some on ebay but all quite disappointing. They all needed quite a bit of work and would have cost 1000's to restore.
I was searching for around 4 months and kept a regular eye on the usual sites. I think the trouble with ebay is that even if you bid you still have to look at the car and then realise that it is worth less than you bid as you hadn't seen it. I would recommend viewing before you bid, but even then of course you may not win anyway.

Finally found the Babe on Preloved.co.uk. Ended up paying a bit more than I originally intended but in retrospect a good decision as I haven't had to spend much at all - just sorted out a few niggles. Bodywork rust free. Good Luck!
15 710 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
Yesterday at 10:00
Originally Posted by respace
One appeared on Ebay today at Chester looks okay, don't no how far north that is! Seldom get beyond Watford, no head for heights!

There was a genuine seeming green 20vt came on ebay recently but he had someone local interested immediately sadly. I had second refusal and never heard back so it went im guessing

And i have mocked a few friends over the years for getting nose bleeds if they drive past Nottingham laugh
15 710 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
01/07/2020 22:28
How many Italian cars can you get into a pic......
9 658 Read More
General Chat
01/07/2020 22:22
laugh
18 586 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
01/07/2020 22:14
Two options, buy a complete new mount, or install a polybush into the old steel casing, cheaper and probably quicker as a new mount will have to come up from Italy.
22 874 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
01/07/2020 21:55
oh well crazy
22 874 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
01/07/2020 21:55
Here is the photo of the part
22 874 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
01/07/2020 21:06
Thanks for all the replies to this thread.

Update is:
All the work stated above has been carried out.
Cam belt / water pump /tensioners etc .
New clutch
New radiator .

In addition as a "while your in there" We also changed one of the brake pipes( the other looked nearly new) so thanks Neil that would almost certainly have been missed.
All hoses were checked and new clips fitted. The hose of death was new and interestingly there was water staining on the back lower part of the engine block. So maybe it had previously gone caput.
There was no evidence of any oil leaks and apart from the water stains it was as clean as a whistle in there.
I got a good look and took photos of the car with the engine out. Alas I did not get to clean the engine bay while it was out I just didn't have the time.

I got the car back Friday and put 70 odd miles on it at the weekend. It ran sweet as a nut with the temperature 70-90 and fan now working so no cooling issue anymore. there was however a " SQUEAK" and a very annoying squeak at that.

I tried hard to find out where it was coming from always over bumps not engine, not steering but not suspension when bounced on the corners. So back it went. It turns out its the lower off side engine mount the rubber is worn. My man could not get a replacement part so I am once again appealing to my new Coupe loving friends for any info/advice on how to obtain this part. It has been " bunged" up with something for now and the squeak has gone so I know he has found the problem.
We have left the undertray off till I can find the part for him to fit.

The Fiat part number he has given me is 7744049 and he said we only need the bush not the whole thing. I also have a photo of the offending item.

Thanks all,
Nipper

22 874 Read More
General Chat
01/07/2020 20:31

Originally Posted by Edinburgh
You missed Stan's brief reappearance about 18 months ago JimO....

To be fair he's been a bit busy with Brexit, the virus and the marriage, baby etc
18 586 Read More
Tuning
01/07/2020 19:39
Originally Posted by kj16v

Hi. I own Voodoo Tuning. I still tune Fiat Coupe 16VT's and 20VTs and, though I don't use this forum much any more, my own 440 bhp 16VT engine is still going - although now in an Alfa GTV! laugh

Feel free to PM me for more info.

Hi,
PM´ed smile
8 333 Read More
General Chat
01/07/2020 18:45
You missed Stan's brief reappearance about 18 months ago JimO....
18 586 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
01/07/2020 16:55
The MINI saga has moved in the right direction in that the seller (independent dealership) has agreed to replace the car with something similar.

The problem is that there is a real shortage of secondhand cars being traded right now so it’s hard to find something and the prices are high for what few cars there are.
4 268 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
01/07/2020 12:52
How about a Mk 5 Golf Gti?

Though might be too similar to your Leon.

Failing that a nice Saab.

Or.... Something fun like a Mini Cooper S....
12 342 Read More
General Chat
01/07/2020 12:13
Or mycroft ooo

Wow - no longer censored - standards are dropping round here!
18 586 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
01/07/2020 12:12
I've had countless issues with them over the years, poor quality welding with zero penetration to the turbo flange, mismatch holes on the manifold to head studs, number one branch fouling on the alloy water rail...... they're great as a door stop however smile
4 175 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
01/07/2020 10:53
Not a fan then Joe? Now you mention it, it does look like a bowl of noodles, albeit an expensive one!
4 175 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
01/07/2020 10:53
Not a fan then Joe? Now you mention it, it does look like a bowl of noodles, albeit an expensive one!
4 175 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
01/07/2020 10:38
Originally Posted by bockers
Here are some old Dad options but not convertible frown
Honda Accord
Mazda 6
Both can be had for low money and with decent engines plus all the bells and whistles.

My first thought was the Mazda6 MPS. I liked the look of these when they were released and it seems a decent enough car for sensible money now. Reliability isn't great though but you'd have change out of 5k for that.
12 342 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
01/07/2020 10:09
Here are some old Dad options but not convertible frown
Honda Accord
Mazda 6
Both can be had for low money and with decent engines plus all the bells and whistles.
12 342 Read More
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17