» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (SJ2004, SimonN, Morrison), 127 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics109,908
Posts1,305,617
Members2,807
Most Online546
Aug 30th, 2007
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 32,152
stan 32,098
Theresa 22,832
bockers 21,012
PeteP 19,093
JimO 17,908
Nigel 17,093
Jim_Clennell 16,328
Vickster 15,915
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Coupés for Sale
5 minutes ago
Oggy oggy oggy, oi oi oi!
87 14,067 Read More
Non-UK Events
37 minutes ago
Originally Posted by ALEXS1973
All ready to go, hope you found your passport Joe, see you in Folkestone tomorrow.

thumb
386 20,702 Read More
Non-UK Events
38 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Edinburgh
Originally Posted by Countrycruising
24hrs away from leaving for Folkstone and my passport is where............................ not where I assumed ooo

VIS glove compartment? Under seat?

You got it, it was in VIS glove box along with a 20 euro note, winner winner chicken dinner laugh
386 20,702 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
40 minutes ago
click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

Today whilst taking an enthusiastic drive in the RS I blurted this out... "I hate to say this Trish but this car is better than the Coupé in almost every way"

Initially this statement seems really harsh, kind of like taking a pee on all my happy Coupé memories. But it really isn't that simple. I absolutely loved my Coupé and I am sure for the rest of my days the Coupé will stand as the best bang for buck car of my life. When I bought my Coupé it was a modern stylish 2+2 Coupé and was almost as good as the best car I had ever owned at that point - the Audi Quattro. I didn't have the Quattro long. It was hideously expensive to buy, run and almost impossible, for a young fellow, to insure so it had to go, replaced by a watered down Coupé Quattro. The little Fiat Coupé gave me almost everything the old Quattro had but brought stunning Italian (American) design flair to the party.

I kept the Fiat far longer than I initially expected and often said I would keep it forever. Sadly as we both aged I realised I didn't really want a classic and with Audi sticking a Turbo charged 5 cylinder back in the mix it was kind of written that I would make an Audi return.

So back to my statement. "Better... ...in almost every way" Let's not forget I'm comparing a car with probably one of the best engines of recent years, up to the minute tech, an amazing chassis and a hideous price point, to a 20 year old Fiat Coupé. My old Quattro was fabulous but surprisingly a little Fiat was, for me, better in many ways. It has then taken a car as epic as the TTRS to better the Fiat. Sadly I don't ever see Fiat doing anything like the Coupé again. I seriously doubt that in 15 - 20 years time some chap is going to be buying a fast Fiat that is offering a fabulous soundtrack wrapped up in a stunning and unusual Coupé body frown
13 525 Read More
UK Social Events
2 hours ago
I have booked too. 9 spaces left now
9 523 Read More
UK Social Events
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by bobbyboy
How did this go everyone? Any pics?

Was quieter than last year with both cars and visitors, the lack of cars was a bit disappointing but fewer people was nice. Got to have a little wander around and the weather was decent.
12 698 Read More
Technical Issues
2 hours ago
Pull the pipe off the turbo output and block it, then start the engine and it'll suck all the air out of the intake pipes and collapse them, then stall. You can then hear where the air is getting sucked in if there's a leak, as the pipes take shape again.

I'd also fit a boost gauge if you don't have one, will be very useful to know actual vacuum level and what the boost is doing when it misfires. You can even just plumb it in temporarily with hose tee'd in at the FPR, pipe in the driver's window and gauge taped to the dash.
23 654 Read More
Technical Issues
2 hours ago
Thanks for all of your comments!

1st_things_1st : I've cleaned the ICV and the software that I use (DnEcuDiag) has an actuator test routine for the ICV. With the ICV taken off the throttle body I can see the valve fully open and fully close on command.

The ICV does sit slightly open when the engine is off. Does anyone know if this is correct? I assume it is, as some kind a fail safe.

french_coupe : I'm thinking more and more that this must be a vacuum leak. I have looked everywhere and I can't see one. I have also tried propane gas (and carb cleaner) to see if I can get a brief increase in revs if the gas / fluid finds a split, but nothing.

Master_Mariner : The car had been sitting for 8 months with some fuel in the tank, but it has since been filled and I have use about 3/4 of that tank.

I have just done a fuel flow test to try to be sure that there isn't anything restricting the flow of fuel to the rail. I disconnected the fuel supply tube at the rail and popped it into a large glass jar. With the fuel pump relay removed (and the lambda probe disconnected as they run off the same relay) I pushed a wire into each relay socket contact with a switch at the other end of the wire placed in the engine bay. I then ran the pump for 5 seconds and the jar filled with 1/3 litre of fuel (~240 l/hr). I think that the minimum flow rate is 110 l/hr, so I'm happy that the fuel supply is good.
I also stood all 5 injectors, still attached, in jam jars and cranked the engine. All 5 group fired at first and when cranking they sprayed the same pattern and the same amount of fuel into each jar.

So my next step is to find a local garage that can do a vacuum / smoke test on the intake. I'll get there eventually...
23 654 Read More
Non-UK Events
2 hours ago
Have a tremendous trip and fabulous time in Torino.

I am absolutely gutted too not to be able to make this but feel very lucky to have a had our coupe Italia road trip last year... anyways starting to save for the 30th Anniversary already.
386 20,702 Read More
Technical Issues
6 hours ago
Just another idea to chase.

I dimly remember someone somewhere having similar issues. And the source of all of it was water in the fuel!

If you can't find a split pipe/spilt doughnuts on the inlet manifold - how old's your fuel? Is our car kept outside/had any change of the fuel becoming corrupted?

Also - just check all your main earthing points are still earthing well..

Regards
23 654 Read More
Non-UK Events
7 hours ago
All ready to go, hope you found your passport Joe, see you in Folkestone tomorrow.
386 20,702 Read More
Non-UK Events
7 hours ago
Feels like the appropriate time to wish everyone that is going (UK Members and our Coupe Friends in Europe) a fantastic, happy and above all safe trip to Italia!

I am absolutely gutted not to be able to attend this event - due to a pre-standing family commitment over - I could almost taste the ice cold Italian beer...!

With best wishes to all that attend I hope last minute fettling of our cars goes well and you simply have a fantastic time with your coupes doing what they were designed to do -driving quickly in the Italian sunshine, with no air con! I and I am sure all of us are looking forward to hearing all of your adventures!!

Bon Voyage to all!!

An envious MM
386 20,702 Read More
Non-UK Events
8 hours ago
Hope y'all have a safe trip over folks, and a great time in La Bella Italia cool
386 20,702 Read More
Non-UK Events
8 hours ago
Originally Posted by Countrycruising
24hrs away from leaving for Folkstone and my passport is where............................ not where I assumed ooo

VIS glove compartment? Under seat?
386 20,702 Read More
Technical Issues
9 hours ago
If there are no fault codes and with everything that you have replaced I would think that it must be a split hose with either a vacuum leak / air getting in somewhere it shouldn’t.
As you know there is a lot of pipe work small and large. Even a small split can cause big problems.
23 654 Read More
Tuning
11 hours ago
Nice project,hopefully will be alive one day. Do you think stock 2.0 16v internals can handle 0.4-0.6 bars if I lower the CR,to around 9:1 ?
2 91 Read More
Technical Issues
11 hours ago
My car was stalling on idle like yours from cold and often when warm as well and was down to the ICV. Not sure about the other hesitation, but the ICV does keep the "base" revs.

I cleaned my ICV. Original Bosch jobbie as I'd never changed it (or cleaned it!) in 14 years of ownership. Idled much better for a while, but got a judder when taking off some times, like not giving enough revs and nearly stalling. Then it started nearly stalling again when engine was warm.

I'd bought a replacement ICV (Intermotor) so replaced it and fine ever since. Revs when engine cold a little higher than before (probably how it should have been), revs rock steady at all other times and judder gone. So must of been an aged ICV not responding well enough?
23 654 Read More
Non-UK Events
11 hours ago
Hope you find it Joe...have a great trip. cool
386 20,702 Read More
Non-UK Events
13 hours ago
386 20,702 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
13 hours ago
Thanks, just replied to your last email, looking forward to meeting you on the 14th thumb
3 178 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
13 hours ago
Have had a couple of Mitos and liked them. Only problem was the heater fan variable speed resistor failed on the first one after 3 years - not a big deal. Otherwise both totally reliable. Currently have a 1.4 95bhp Mito in the family - it would be a fine first car, plenty quick enough and very nice inside.
2 108 Read More
Tuning
14 hours ago
I was going to do this with my 131, a 2l 8V. I've got an M45 from a Mercedes, mounted above the oil filter and below the inlet manifold. I was going to use Croma turbo NOS pistons, H beam rods, a Fiat Tempra inlet manifold with 340cc injectors and a megasquirt ECU. I collected all the bits, fabricated the mounts, built the ECU but never got around to putting it all together.
2 91 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
14 hours ago
Extremely expensive on EPR
2 122 Read More
Tuning
15 hours ago
Greetings, does anyone have any expiriences supercharging NA versions of the coupe? I have 16v one and I plan to refresh it in a month or two,but I am also interested in supercharging for a while since it is almost just a bolt on job.What do I need to do get the engine ready for it? I planned to use a simple mechanical roots type,maybe eaton m45 and didn't plan to run too much boost,maybe around 0.4-0.6bars,just to make the car feel more alive. Would a remap and pistons+fuel injectors from 16vt be enough for it to run reliable?
2 91 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
17 hours ago
Any particular parts you are thinking of? Prices on ePer (where given) were always rather steep...
2 122 Read More
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 23 24