» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 84 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics110,313
Posts1,309,532
Members2,896
Most Online546
Aug 30th, 2007
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 32,269
stan 32,098
Theresa 22,890
bockers 21,019
PeteP 19,295
JimO 17,908
Nigel 17,192
Jim_Clennell 16,345
Vickster 15,915
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Coupé Projects
Yesterday at 23:26
Couldn’t find anywhere that done the OE version, so got this one:
49 12,206 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
Yesterday at 22:42
They're coming thick and fast, within 10 years ICE commuter vehicles will be the minority of new sales.

https://thedriven.io/
17 490 Read More
Coupé Projects
Yesterday at 22:33
You're lucky to have one of these strips, I thought I'd bought pretty well the last one a few years ago! Mind you it was OE...
49 12,206 Read More
Coupé Projects
Yesterday at 22:27
The rear bumper does indeed have holes for parking sensors, but getting them filled in, as I've got one that just has a metal strip that runs along the inside of the bumper, so not visible.
49 12,206 Read More
Coupé Projects
Yesterday at 22:17
Just a few pictures of my renewed go at finishing this rebuild, but struggling, as I've l lost all my pictures I took of when is was stripping it, and being so long since I last tinkered with the car, cannot remember where things go and in what order, especially the dashboard.
12 5,104 Read More
General Maintenance
Yesterday at 21:31
Found it on the net, not sure if i can get it delivered to The Netherlands.
Until now I have been looking at general webshops since it's just a plug for a tube, but have not found the correct size so far.

46401659 (I think, a screw, correct?)
No, it's a plug. But don't have one outside the car now for a picture. Perhaps it's 60711097
http://eper.fiatforum.com/eper/navi...ER_CAT=SP&WINDOW_ID=1&GUI_LANG=3

Found it on a website! But for Wholesale only.

It would be great if FCCUK organized a buy for members who are willing to invest money in all kinds of smaller perishable parts. E.g. the top strut mounting is hard to get, Febi can produce them but the order size has to be 500.
For years I am collecting all kinds of parts, with a value in stock higher than a coupe itself. But it's the only way to keep coupes on the road the next decades. The Coupe enthousiast in The Netherlands who organized these kinds of remanufacture has quit unfortunately.
2 58 Read More
UK Social Events
Yesterday at 20:46
Hello. Please count me as reconfirmed!

A quick question of etiquette. If the weather is abysmal is it bad form not to bring your Coupe?

Mine seldom goes out in the wet but don’t want to let the side down!

Gary
30 1,454 Read More
News & Press
Yesterday at 19:29
Originally Posted by jimboy
I remember reading some time ago at this time of the year that the AA had more call outs from Alfa owners due to dodgy wiring & electrical faults than any other make of car.

That could now be Mercedes. Spoke to a couple of RAC and AA chaps of late and asked them the most frequent marque of the car they are picking up both independently stated Mercs, sensor faults and responses to them require full lift and recovery. Roadside repair capability zilch.

I think if pushed I prefer the refinement and the purer driving pleasure of the GTV V6 (a mini 456GT) over the Coupe, better handling, build quality is better (makes the Coupe feel a tad budget) and road holding, no on/off power delivery less Marmite in the styling department (better soundtrack) than the Coupe too, but I will not be selling either.

6 148 Read More
General Maintenance
Yesterday at 18:34
OE part numbers are as follows
46401659 (I think, a screw, correct?)

If you Google those numbers you can find sellers (in Italy) for the first and last clips, but the screw looks to be more tricky to find...
2 58 Read More
News & Press
Yesterday at 18:23
Having a choice of Alfa’s and the Fiat coupe 20vt to use is nice. This week I used the Alfa 155 with 20vt in it on Monday, Alfa 156 Gta Tuesday and the coupe 20vt still since Wednesday so shows what I like driving.
My Alfa Gtv 3.0 hasn’t been used for 2 months
6 148 Read More
General Maintenance
Yesterday at 17:49
does anyone know where to find replacements for:

The round black plastic insert in the rear axel.

The small black clips for the door seals.

The small black clips for the rear wheel lining.

Thanks, Jaap
2 58 Read More
Technical Issues
Yesterday at 17:21
ok understood but I expected more informations than around 10 data shown,

I mean, if there are some malfunctions in the car like sensors will this program inform about that?

is there a table of error code that can results if the car has some problems?

thank you for answer
4 320 Read More
General Chat
Yesterday at 17:10
Originally Posted by DaveG
Are you able to post a few pics showing the car lift, and the car in position on the lift?

I'll have a go tomorrow - might have to take a pic through the workshop window so as to get perspective
14 434 Read More
General Maintenance
Yesterday at 16:43
@clanger: worth considering. Perhaps use metal from a scrap coupe with similar issues.

Although I found that the 3M alu tape should work until 250 °C:
https://www.conrad.nl/p/3m-scotch-4...lver-l-x-b-15-m-x-48-mm-1-rollen-2144842

For my loft I used really good tape. I can't find mine anymore, but the shop replaced it by this:
https://www.eco-logisch.nl/Proclima-Tescon-Vana-tape---rol---30m-x-10cm-10167
2 45 Read More
General Chat
Yesterday at 16:36
Are you able to post a few pics showing the car lift, and the car in position on the lift?
14 434 Read More
General Maintenance
Yesterday at 16:25
I would pop rivet a strip of the same thickness ally to the back and make an invisible (nearly) repair. That thickness ally can be bought in the diy sheds.

My experience of sticky ally tape is that it always peels off in hot conditions (foil insulation in lofts)
2 45 Read More
General Maintenance
Yesterday at 16:14
Any tips on how to repair tears in the heat shield behind the exhaust?
I am thinking of aluminium tape, but not sure it will hold in the heat.
2 45 Read More
General Maintenance
Yesterday at 16:11
For 2: just pry, there is no clip.

For the 20VT there are two different pumps. Mine was build in 1997. As of 1998 the pump and pump housing was changed.
I will reorder a new one, for the 1997 model the pumps are easily avaible. And now I have a 1998-2000 model in spare …
2 149 Read More
General Maintenance
Yesterday at 16:08
I could remove them without breaking:
4 205 Read More
Alarm and I.C.E
Yesterday at 15:50
Agreed, I've been looking at it too, here's a link to the suggested amplifier https://www.co-star.co.uk/3669/dab-in-car-digital-radio-amplifier-a-4721-01/

I can't quite work out the wiring arrangement that is referred to however, perhaps MIB can give us a nice diagram? In particular, is there a DAB aerial anywhere? I was thinking of something like this https://www.co-star.co.uk/3839/dab-glass-mount-antenna-gmdab3l-5f/
3 293 Read More
General Chat
Yesterday at 15:49
A brief follow up, I bit the bullet and bought one (not from the link on first post but identical)

Its a substantial bit of kit, lifts the Coupe with ease and is very quick to lift and descend provided you use an electric drill, the manual handle provided works well but is tiring and takes a lot of effort/turns. I have to drive the Coupe onto a couple of planks of wood to give me the clearance to get it under the car as it has lowered springs, a stand sprung car would likely not require the planks.

There is one issue which I anticipated and that is the Coupe weight distribution, being so front heavy, even with a 3/4 tank of fuel the car naturally wants to keep its nose down when being lifted. This is solved by getting someone to sit on the open boot lip whilst lifting then using the tallest axle stands you can get and placing under the front. Its a trade off I can live with and my other cars will not have this problem being a little more evenly balanced. Working on the rear subframe at present and the height is very much appreciated - VERY easy access.

Bang for buck I think for me it has been a good buy
14 434 Read More
General Chat
Yesterday at 15:47
Awesome laugh
1 45 Read More
News & Press
Yesterday at 15:21
Originally Posted by JKD

I personally have never thought that I was driving an Alfa Romeo, but rather a Ferrari.

Yes, I can understand that. I worked with a guy back in the late 80's who ran a Ferrari as a daily driver (sales guy, company car and I forget the model) and I was a passenger on several occasions. The Coupe often reminds me of his Ferrari from the that epoch wrt fit, finish, foibles and character.
6 148 Read More
General Chat
Yesterday at 14:58
1 45 Read More
News & Press
Yesterday at 14:55
I remember reading some time ago at this time of the year that the AA had more call outs from Alfa owners due to dodgy wiring & electrical faults than any other make of car.
6 148 Read More
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 18 19