» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (delgrom), 90 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums70
Topics111,805
Posts1,323,246
Members2,097
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 32,781
stan 32,111
Theresa 23,115
bockers 21,034
PeteP 20,344
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,287
Jim_Clennell 16,521
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Other Cars and Vehicles
1 hour ago
Thorium reactors have been going to save the world for years, not much has happened.
1 44 Read More
UK Social Events
1 hour ago
Thanks Pete for checking. I've checked my junk folder nothing from them. If I don't receive reply by Friday I'll contact them.
22 1,462 Read More
UK Social Events
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by Serg1
Might have to ring the organisers tomorrow, concerned I Haven't received anything from them. .

John, I have just checked the bookings and you are down on the list of "Redeemed Bookings" so you should have had an email from them with your passes as an attachment.
Did you check your Junk files?

The full list of participants on their website is as follows:

Redeemed bookings

1. Pete Pearson
2. Ashley Cooper
3. Andrew Ross
4. John Anastasio
5. Matthew Pilcher
6. Alan Burt
7. Andrew Carter

Approved but not redeemed applications

8. Joe Knight

"approved but the driver still needs to redeem their pass"

You need to go onto the booking site and complete the process. (PM sent to you)

Entry times for club display vehicles from 07:30 to 08:30

Although it says bookings closed on 1 August, when I went to their website just now it appeared that last minute bookings were still possible. ( 12 spaces available)

22 1,462 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
2 hours ago
Jump to new posts MPG [by PaulL]
I keep an eye on MPG, topping up and taking a note of mileage. I am confident that what I am doing is right.
My wife and I have been going for 40 odd mile runs during the last warm evenings, through the country lanes.
Average Speed has been low due to traffic etc.
The last 400 miles has been done at 46mpg !
Couldn't get anymore fuel in and the gauge shows full.
Is this really possible.
99 20v NA, 102,000 miles.
0 16 Read More
Coupé Spotting
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by Trappy
I spotted a Speed red S reg Coupé on the A12 heading London bound on Sunday. I guess it would have been around 13:30. First spot of one in the wild for years!

Could have been me, often on A12 between Colchester Chelmsford Southend.
1,294 935,062 Read More
UK Social Events
2 hours ago
Might have to ring the organisers tomorrow, concerned I Haven't received anything from them.

Rang them originally to book myself in because I couldn't do it online. Gave them card details then nothing from them.
22 1,462 Read More
UK Social Events
5 hours ago
Not me Matthew, I come from completely the opposite direction.

The main thing is to get there early before the gates get congested, about 08:00 to 08:30 is what I normally aim for

edit There is a map of the site layout with the email you would have received from Brands Hatch. E3 is a grass site if I remember right.
22 1,462 Read More
UK Social Events
6 hours ago
Would any of you want to convoy up to brands hatch, I live in Sittingbourne in Kent?
22 1,462 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
Yesterday at 21:36
Thorium Molten Salt Reactors. I wonder if they sound good?

I just watched this video (it's a good channel if you don't know it BTW) and thought I'd post it up given the recent conversations on alternative power sources for cars. On the face of it, it certainly looks like a potentially workable solution held back by politics and profit... I've also been replaying Fallout 4 so I'm kinda biased at the moment...
1 44 Read More
General Chat
Yesterday at 20:27
Well done T.

It should improve with storage and mellow a bit. If you can wait for a month or two.

wink
25 1,091 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
Yesterday at 16:20
Originally Posted by Barmybob
It turns out that the professional body, that I used to be a member of, has developed an accreditation.

IMI Accreditation

That's the qualification we had to do. Or possibly part of it.
45 2,674 Read More
UK Social Events
Yesterday at 13:18
I've booked my ticket just now and will be going in the Coupe for the first time all being well.
3 244 Read More
UK Social Events
Yesterday at 06:42
1. PeteP 16VT
2. CC
3. Cooperman
4. Ro55a
5. Serg1
6. Matthewpilcher
7. 1st_things_1st
22 1,462 Read More
UK Social Events
01/08/2021 19:25
I’m on the list too guys haha
22 1,462 Read More
UK Social Events
01/08/2021 19:24
Matthewpilcher
22 1,462 Read More
UK Social Events
01/08/2021 19:16
Yeah I’m E3 have you seen the Area we are parked in and looking farward to the parade lap too 👍😂
22 1,462 Read More
General Chat
01/08/2021 16:43
Well, I bottled my lager a week ago and put one in the fridge yesterday, ready to try when I got home from work this morning (been working nights).

Didn't really fancy trying it when I got home though, so have just carefully poured one now.

For my first attempt and the cheaper cost of making it, I must say that it's not too bad smile

Not great, but not horrible either and acceptable to drink cool

It has a bit of a bitter taste to it, but fairly happy with my first attempt cool
25 1,091 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
01/08/2021 15:43
It turns out that the professional body, that I used to be a member of, has developed an accreditation.

IMI Accreditation
45 2,674 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
01/08/2021 15:29
Safety is not being completely ignored, but the information flow is very slow, considering the take up and the legislation is lagging behind.

HSE on EV's

Our electrical infrastructure is governed by a set of regulations BS7671. These regulations ensure we adhere to a common practice for electrical infrastructure. This includes, installation, training for those and who can work on the infrastructure, and that we also undertake take regular tests and inspections. I know that the new 18th edition has amendments for EV chargers but I've not noticed anything to do, specifically, with vehicles.

We have manufacturers delivering training on EV's but there does not seem to be any recognised standard, or nationally recognised qualification on the matter. I do hope we don't wait for deaths to indicate we need some standards!
45 2,674 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
01/08/2021 06:03
When we were doing body repairs we had to complete an EV safety course about location of high tension cables. For us it was virtually irrelevant as we only tackled minor damage, but there were nasty stories about PDR guys getting shocks when using rods.
Manufacturers do sometimes route the cables in bizarre ways. Because Tesla wouldn't release details of their cabling to Thatcham, we were banned from working on them completely.
I must admit, if I were a Fire and Rescue Service person operating the "jaws", I'd be pretty reluctant to cut the top off an EV without clear guidance.
45 2,674 Read More
General Chat
01/08/2021 05:55
Apropos of nothing in particular: http://www.lasko.eu/en/zlatorog is rather nice and particularly after flying in ground temperatures in the mid-thirties laugh
25 1,091 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
01/08/2021 05:52
Don't do anything to the orange wires! shocked
45 2,674 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
01/08/2021 05:50
That would require that the cruise control be linked directly to the braking system. I'm not sure that's a good idea.

Although to be fair, I'm pretty down on the vast majority of driver aids. If you want the car to do all the work (I firmly believe on no evidence whatsoever except my old fogey prejudices that drivers rely on the aids working rather than actually (e.g.) looking out of the window before changing lanes) why didn't you just take a train? Fixed speed cruise control is fine; it's as easy to turn it off (four ways: the off switch, the temporary disable, the brake pedal, and the clutch pedal) as it is to turn it on.

Lane following? Not interested.

Yesterday I drove from a tiny village in Slovenia to a tiny village near Potsdam in Germany - four countries in one day, and at the beginning in storm weather so bad that Italian drivers were moving no faster than 15kph!

Neil
24 1,041 Read More
UK Social Events
31/07/2021 20:05
Evening all. Add me to the list. Cheers.
22 1,462 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
31/07/2021 17:05
Certainly not a UK option
1 175 Read More
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10