» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 55 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics109,552
Posts1,302,130
Members2,735
Most Online546
Aug 30th, 2007
Top Posters(All Time)
stan 32,098
barnacle 32,026
Theresa 22,807
bockers 21,009
PeteP 18,896
JimO 17,908
Nigel 17,018
Jim_Clennell 16,288
Vickster 15,915
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Other Cars and Vehicles
1 hour ago
Good to hear a positive report on the Giulietta and interesting to read what you say on the 170bhp version v the 240bhp. smile
Any pics with the coupe?
33 839 Read More
Insurance
3 hours ago
Try Footman James, I recently switched my SpiderEuropa to "off the road" cover after many years of being insured normally (despite being "off the road") crazy (I figured that I might get it going again soon...but never did frown )
1 38 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
3 hours ago
Burning rubber smell ?

I’ve no idea! but that’s one of the reasons I can’t abide using condoms
1 112 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
3 hours ago
Not much left for the mot just disc’s and pads all round and a couple of tyres, I hope to have it on the road in the next couple of weeks
9 286 Read More
UK Social Events
4 hours ago
Excellent. I’ll chase them for an answer to see if (and how many) we would need.
5 109 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
4 hours ago
I have a Giulietta 1750 TB (240bhp), which replaced a Giulietta 1.4 MultiAir (170bhp). Before that a Mito 1.4 MultiAir (135bhp). So 9 consecutive years of Alfas, and all three cars have been fine - the sole problem has been with the current one, which developed a water leak that needed a replacement rad under warranty. Actually the best engine of all was the 170bhp, which made for a really nicely balanced car. The 240bhp motor has too much power for the chassis & torque steers, plus the auto box (no longer a manual option) is a bit tiresome.
33 839 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
5 hours ago
Great and inexpensive result thumb
1 44 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
5 hours ago
Since having problems with the alarm on my coupe, I had the meta alarm box removed and therefore lost the central locking. Been using the key to lock and unlock for years!!
After stumbling on a post on here about the meta alarm I contacted Abacus alarms who do a updated plug in replacement but it’s not cheap. Thinking I didn’t realky want all the hassle of the alarm keep going off all the time like before I, I just wanted the central locking!!!
Anyway a few key posts on here (what a great forum) it showed that if you have had a meta alarm fitted and can find the blue connector (behind the fuse box/steering wheel) where the meta alarm box loom plugs in then restoring central locking is a doddle.
So today my £8 central locking ebay module turned up. I spliced new wires into the old meta loom (6 wires needed) and bingo central locking is back....luxury...blip blip...
Ok it’s not very sophisticated, it just locks and unlocks but does have a boot pop option I might look into installing .
Anyway, just off to lock and unlock the car from the front door because I can!! laugh
1 44 Read More
UK Social Events
5 hours ago
I am seriously considering going. It sounds like a good event. I would be happy to join a group.
5 109 Read More
Alarm and I.C.E
6 hours ago
Originally Posted by n3v3ragain
Thanks guys, I'll remove the grill, mine is mesh anyway smile

Nigel, the car is in Lichfield and I need to get it to Pauls,

Had a look through How To's but cannot find info on how to remove the key barrel, is this an easy process ?

Also Nigel, my cars heavily modded, will my mapped chip just plug directly into the new ECU ?

Removing the ignition barrel is only easy if you have a key - once you're into the car, you will need to remove all the steering column plastics and some of the electrics (stalk controls etc) and then remove the whole ignition switch assembly from the column - not a five minute job...

Yes - plugging your mapped chip into a new ECU should work fine
5 425 Read More
Insurance
7 hours ago
The safe place where my Sorned coupe is stored is closing on Saturday. It has not been insured whilst there due to the highly unlikely event of a theft or accident there.

I will be moving it down a steep slope, on to my transporter and leaving it on my drive for 2 months before I can store it again in my parents garage, therefore I need to get some cover.

Can anyone recommend an insurance company/broker for a car laid up on a transporter kept on a private locked drive that will be competitive?

Many thanks.

Mr T.
1 38 Read More
General Chat
7 hours ago
Top Gear is really rather crappy these days, apart from the cars. Blanc the Yank is off after this series. No surprises there, I'm not going into specifics. There was a time, there was a time. driving
11 355 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
8 hours ago
I had a 147 GTA after my coupe. Parted ways with that about 18 months ago after 7 years.
33 839 Read More
General Chat
8 hours ago
Mind you I thought the panda looked good against the ugly Suzuki,not sure about the rear end of the Ignis though sick
11 355 Read More
UK Social Events
8 hours ago
That will be good, I think we need to get a minimum of 4 to 5 cars and then see
5 109 Read More
General Chat
9 hours ago
Tyres I think, Neil.

I find I have to force myself to watch TG now. I used to look forward to viewing it. The Grand Tour is pants too. Maybe I’m just getting old?
11 355 Read More
UK Social Events
10 hours ago
Thanks Freddie. I went last year too and had a great time. I don’t know whether, if there were enough of us, we could get them to give us an area. I’ve tried emailing to ask but waiting for a response.
5 109 Read More
UK Social Events
10 hours ago
I was there last year, it was a really good turn out great cars great food and great enthusiast. If you decide to go you will not be disappointed and hopefully i will see you there.
5 109 Read More
Technical Issues
10 hours ago
Sounds like you haven't fitted the release bearing properly.

Fit the bearing to the release arm. Refit gearbox and tap the release arm to engage the bearing into the cover plate. Remember that this is a pull type clutch
6 310 Read More
Non-UK Events
12 hours ago
knowing the date registration opens will be quite important then...
132 10,363 Read More
Alarm and I.C.E
13 hours ago
Thanks guys, I'll remove the grill, mine is mesh anyway smile

Nigel, the car is in Lichfield and I need to get it to Pauls,

Had a look through How To's but cannot find info on how to remove the key barrel, is this an easy process ?

Also Nigel, my cars heavily modded, will my mapped chip just plug directly into the new ECU ?
5 425 Read More
Non-UK Events
14 hours ago
The way I'm reading this is there's limited space to join the venue, 40-45 cars which will be open to registration so the first ones to confirm and pay get to park are shine. My question is if we don't get on the list can we still join the weekends activities, hotels etc but park else where.
132 10,363 Read More
Technical Issues
14 hours ago
Originally Posted by evlone
Have been through this the early clutch Will fit early and late model 20vt . But the late model clutch will not fit the early car as the flywheel doesn't clear the clutch plate as the sprang centre is different . You can machine the flywheel for more clearance

Can I get more info on this? I just fitted a kevlar clutch but my flywheel was modified, the clutch does not disengage fully, and rattles, am about to strip gearbox back out today. Wondering if there is a mismatch as well as the flywheel issue (I have a spare flywheel). Have a post and video up on fb pages.
6 310 Read More
Non-UK Events
Yesterday at 21:31
Thanks for the update and web links Joe
So 40 "seats" for foreign visitors.
Is this "cars" or "people" do you think?
Looks fun though :-)
132 10,363 Read More
Technical Issues
Yesterday at 21:17
Ok thanks guys I’ll take a look.
6 98 Read More
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 26 27