» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Echodelta, Patryk20VT, 1 invisible), 193 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,576
Posts1,340,889
Members1,797
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,545
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,299
PeteP 21,510
bockers 21,071
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,367
Edinburgh 16,743
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Coupé Related Chat
14 minutes ago
I’m curious about the sunroof situation as, when I was looking, I noticed that the listings would say the sunroof was rare but I found that the cars I was looking at all had sunroofs! It was quite an expensive option when new so maybe it was just a coincidence that these sunroof cars all came onto the market at the same time? Anyone got stats on proportion of cars with/without the sunroof? Mine also has climate control which seems like an odd combo with a sunroof - I suppose it’s super versatile!
23 2,505 Read More
UK Social Events
2 hours ago
Alan, Paul, can you ping me over the £10 entry fee please which I've just paid up front smile

Once I get the paperwork back from BVAC I'll confirm rendezvous details thumb
8 2,153 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
3 hours ago
Colour of car is metallic ink black. Not sure what it’s like underneath as not got under there as yet. Will be looking when the weather is better. Nothing but rain here at the moment. Thanks everyone for the info.
6 256 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
3 hours ago
Cheers Joe
6 256 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
Yesterday at 21:58
Originally Posted by Jamiepm
They cancelled this one Simon

Good grief...

Try the latest link...
30 1,151 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
Yesterday at 21:43
They cancelled this one Simon
30 1,151 Read More
News & Press
Yesterday at 19:19
Not that I would consider selling even for a moment, but I do wonder some times what mine might be worth - especially with a genuine 46k on the clock!

Paul
5 992 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
Yesterday at 14:54
Hi again,
Have you taken the wheel arch liners off and checked the inner edges of the wheel arches? This seems to be a common place where they start to go.
As for the sunroof thing I think it's a matter of personal taste. I've always tried to get cars with opening sunroofs. I'm only average height so headroom is not an issue and I love the feeling of fresh air and sunlight coming from above my head. If there was a drug to cure it, I'd take it!
23 2,505 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
Yesterday at 12:37
Order placed

Cheers Jamie

Jamie, can you let me know when it arrives if it checks out ok?

Thanks, Simon
30 1,151 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
Yesterday at 10:19
And now this...Yet another supplier
30 1,151 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
Yesterday at 09:24
Originally Posted by Barmybob
I still have one sealed in the original brown cardboard box it was shipped in back in 2014.

I've never opened it!

Ditto.
6 884 Read More
Non-UK Events
Yesterday at 09:19
Kev is unable to attend unfortunately.

1. Rosso +1 (17 day Italy road trip) (Newcastle-IJmuiden) booked in Borgaro Torinese Confirmed
2. Barnacle +1 booked in Borgaro Torinese Confirmed
3. DaveG (TBC)
4. CC +1 booked in Borgaro Torinese Confirmed
5. Edinburgh +1 booked in Borgaro Torinese (Newcastle-IJmuiden Booked) Confirmed
6. Rob40 +1 booked in Borgaro Torinese Confirmed
7. jarofjam Confirmed
8. Blitz +3 Confirmed
9. slime500 +1 booked in Borgaro Torinese Confirmed
10. Ali_and_Marvin +1 booked in Borgaro Torinese Confirmed
11. Brilly1uk +1 Confirmed
12. G_man +1 (unlikely to travel in convoy) Confirmed
13. Andrew20V +1 Confirmed, joining us without a Coupe
14. Barmybob + 1 booked in Borgaro Torinese Confirmed, joining us without a Coupé
15. SiBurt +1 Confirmed
16. Tonyred20VT Confirmed but not 100%
17. RichG +1 Confirmed
18. 1st_things_1st booked in Borgaro Torinese Confirmed (+1 TBC)
19. StupotShazB Confirmed
20. IGGY Confirmed
21. Sedicivalvole Confirmed
22. MCMike +1 Confirmed
23. fiat500phil Confirmed
24. slicer +1 booked in Borgaro Torinese Confirmed
25. CVL200 booked in Borgaro Torinese Confirmed
55 5,390 Read More
UK Social Events
17/04/2024 20:05
Originally Posted by Alansclark
Sandhurst by SWMBO I presume. My life is the same.😱

I'm afraid so. There will be other good things to attend I'm sure and the brownie points now will be noted. wink
9 1,729 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
17/04/2024 20:05
I've got a Spint and Yellow in boxes stored in my Abarth crate, along with many other Coupé treats and probably several hundred copies of AutoItalia, some from you Bob, lol
6 884 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
17/04/2024 18:36
Originally Posted by G_Man
Was down in your neck of the woods last week ED for a family meet up and rented a place near Spilsby. Spent some time looking at the haunts my dad and brother frequented when in the RAF during the war. IBCC outside Lincoln was a well thought out and poignant recognition to those who served in Bomber Command smile

We go to Lincoln every now and again but I’ve not been to IBCC. Woodhall Spa is a nice little village that’s worth a visit and not far from Spilsby, did you happen to go there? Or out to the coast for some fish n chips?
8 341 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
17/04/2024 17:45
I still have one sealed in the original brown cardboard box it was shipped in back in 2014.

I've never opened it!
6 884 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
17/04/2024 17:05
Originally Posted by respace
Paint shouldn't be a problem for Banksy.
Good luck

laugh
6 256 Read More
Coupé Spotting
17/04/2024 16:20
Not mine, though a grey LE sounds nice.

Am in Hamble, with an Ink black +. There was a green coupe which was in the area but has probably gone to the great ‘Coupe showroom in the sky’. Sadly there are less and less on the roads, here at least. ☹️🤭😇. T
1,251 1,221,452 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
17/04/2024 14:43
I bet Joe bought them all tongue

I bought about 6x sets and only resolved my issue by buying Graham's set which are now winging there way to the USA.
30 1,151 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
17/04/2024 14:43
Order placed

Cheers Jamie

Should I hold my breath............ chinny
30 1,151 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
17/04/2024 14:42
Originally Posted by Banksy
My fiat coupe 20 v turbo has been off the road on my drive for over 14 years and I’ve never started it up in all that time.
It was running at the time of taking it off the road but business was going great and had no time to drive it.
I decided a few days ago to give it too my son to put back on the road and it would be his baby.
To my surprise after chatting with a few people I put power to the battery and boosted the charge and the battery did take charge to half its battery power which I’m amazed about.
The next thing was to try and start it and if I should start it!?
Well 2nd amazing thing was it turn over twice and started up!
I quickly turned it off as I didn’t know what to expect and what to do next as I now know it still runs.
I could do with someone who has first hand knowledge and information who has been in my shoes of what to do next to get it back on the road.
Thanks in advance

Remote help many in your position with bring Coupes out of storage after a long time so if I can help at all do please give me a call.

01684 59387.

Cheers, Joe
6 256 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
17/04/2024 13:05
Paint shouldn't be a problem for Banksy.
Good luck
6 256 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
17/04/2024 12:27
New battery, (full belt change) with a full Service, oil, filters, plugs, fluids....new tyres, pads/discs (possibly).....get the old fuel out/add an additive and fresh fuel

If keeping as little as possible to get an MoT and then take if from there...new hoses/CHOD etc..what is the paint/lacquer and rust underneath like?7

Much depends on the money you want to spend on her for what purpose.... MOT, sale or a keeper.

Biggest expense in my experience is bodywork/paint/rust eradication.....
6 256 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
17/04/2024 12:14
Originally Posted by montydog
Originally Posted by Submariner
I remember Serg1 buying this car; it was advertised on here and from Maidstone, Kent; it was used as a motorway daily driver to London and back daily by the previous owner and it had about circa 180K+ on it when sold to Serg1. It was sold for peanuts in the £00's due I guess to the galactic mileage and prices then....Serg1 then put some money into the car, but being a London car guess it has been outed courtesy of Khan's cash grab. I remember leaving Horsham Italian car event few year's ago, few of us with Serg1 heading back to M25 and opening mine up towards the motorway, he didn't follow, I guess the 200K on the lump playing on his mind wink

Hi Submariner,
Very useful information about the previous usage of my Coupe. I've been through the service history which reveals that the first owner put an average of 40,000 miles a year on the car for it's first 4 years and it was sold in mid 2004 with 167,800 miles. The next owner kept it for 9 years and sold it to Serg1 at 187,000. He owned it for 10 years until this February and put 5,000 miles on it. During his ownership, it was a front cover feature car on AutoItalia Magazine October 2014 edition.The car currently has 191,000 miles. The fact that my car has covered 88% of it's mileage on the motorway explains why it's still on it's original engine, gearbox and turbo with no rebuilds, It starts on the button, there is no smoke and it holds 2.5 bar at hot idle. I have just spent quite a lot of money having all the rust cut out underneath and new metal let in (not a huge amount but a lot of fiddly small bits) and having it rustproofed with Dinitrol wax in the box sections and Dinitrol underseal on the rest of the underpinnings. The car was resprayed and refurbished 10 years ago and looks great from 10 feet away but on closer inspection, their are a lot of small imperfections in the paint. I'm going to see how much can be machine polished out and whether I can justify respraying the worst bits (bonnet and boot). Overall, I am very pleased with the car as I don't think I would ever find another yellow plus with the essential-to-me factory sunroof. I intend to use my coupe sparingly but regularly throughout the year taking it to local Alfa club meets (I have two Alfas so it gets honorary admission!) and Italian car days locally.

Original Turbo!!!! That's longevity, mine is on 119K with the original turbo...I don't have any previous identified rust issues underneath (well had the rear boot seam done and front arch area behind both front wheels) nothing ever on MOT but looked yesterday and there are some missing patches of protector/surface rust appearing and lower sills need treating so Bilt Hamber or Lanshield/ACF 50 in a few weeks if it ever warms up.

What is the penchant for a sunroof? My Sprinty has one and I think I would prefer without for looks, lines and headroom?

Your car sounds like it is in safe hands, enjoy it!
23 2,505 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
17/04/2024 12:03
My fiat coupe 20 v turbo has been off the road on my drive for over 14 years and I’ve never started it up in all that time.
It was running at the time of taking it off the road but business was going great and had no time to drive it.
I decided a few days ago to give it too my son to put back on the road and it would be his baby.
To my surprise after chatting with a few people I put power to the battery and boosted the charge and the battery did take charge to half its battery power which I’m amazed about.
The next thing was to try and start it and if I should start it!?
Well 2nd amazing thing was it turn over twice and started up!
I quickly turned it off as I didn’t know what to expect and what to do next as I now know it still runs.
I could do with someone who has first hand knowledge and information who has been in my shoes of what to do next to get it back on the road.
Thanks in advance
6 256 Read More
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16