» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (EDz), 119 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics109,908
Posts1,305,619
Members2,807
Most Online546
Aug 30th, 2007
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 32,152
stan 32,098
Theresa 22,832
bockers 21,012
PeteP 19,093
JimO 17,908
Nigel 17,093
Jim_Clennell 16,328
Vickster 15,915
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
How To's
15/06/2019 08:05
0 109 Read More
News & Press
14/06/2019 10:13
Was looking at AlfaOwner got a link to the Alfa 4C Quadrifoglio that never was and in the background inside the Heritage Hub is a yellow 16v Coupe 10:31

Some great cars and concepts in there!

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1122526_heres-the-alfa-romeo-4c-quadrifoglio-that-never-was
0 77 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
14/06/2019 08:05
I used my 131 as a daily driver until I bought my coupe, now it simply doesn't get used and I have nowhere to store it out of the elements, so I'm trying to sell it. I'd have no trouble selling it on the mainland, but having it on the south island puts it in the too hard basket for most punters. It's a great little bus and is in very good nick considering it's vintage. It's the 6th 131 I've had in the past 10 years, so buying a coupe was moving a lot closer to a modern car. I've collected all the bits and done most of the work towards building a fuel injected 2 litre for it, with an eaton M45 supercharger from a Mercedes hanging off the side, it would have been a great sleeper if the project ever got finished, but it's never likely to happen.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gumtree.com.au%2Fs-ad%2Fblackmans-bay%2Fcars-vans-utes%2Ffiat-131-superbrava-%2F1217693423&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGMhZCo-jzTwPoYcETl8I2UoE11UA
0 86 Read More
Styling
14/06/2019 07:47
I don't have seller rights, so couldn't respond to this in the "Parts wanted" section.

Originally Posted by Grigio
Don't know what you call them, but the left and right lower sections of the plus spoiler. I just ran the bloody thing into a gutter and stuffed them, again.

Originally Posted by DaveG
We call them "lips". You can get reproductions from AutoDS in Poland, and can order them with or without being painted. Many people report that the paint is a good match for comomon colours (eg: Sprint Blue) but I have a pair in Pearl White and th match is poor, the lips look a kind of "blue/white" pearl whereas the original colour is more of a "cream/white" pearl frown Also the AutoDS lips are fibreglass and thus not very flexible compared to the ABS originals, and having pulled off my old, damaged lips, I've found that the sizes are not exactly the same. But since I will need to get them painted, that will cover up any gaps. But also, being fibreglass, they are less forgiving and more brittle than ABS so you'll have to be even more careful...

Thanks for your response Dave, so the LE bits are the same for the Plus? They certainly look the same in the photos. They don't list Oz as a freight option, so I've asked if they'll send bits to the antipodes.
0 89 Read More
Coupé Parts for Sale
12/06/2019 07:28
Hi mates, I put on sale a Pininfarina rear brake light cover from the group buy made by Jame5 . It was on my car for an year. It is located in Bulgaria.

Price: £25 delivered to UK
Name: Tsvetomir Hristov
Compatible with: 16V Turbo
Condition: used
Shipping: free to UK, just ask for shipping rate to any other country
My full name: Tsvetomir Hristov

click to enlarge click to enlarge
0 41 Read More
Coupés for Sale
10/06/2019 12:29
I have owned this car since 2012 during which time it has hardly been used, and since that is likely to continue, in large part because we have three other cars in the household, I’ve decided to sell the Coupe.
Although it has not been driven much, I have however spent a fair amount of time on it adding the handling mods as well as general fettling and renewing various parts where needed among them radiator and thermostat, spark plugs, air and pollen filters, plus the cambelt (all within the last 200 miles). Oil change and filter naturally.

The structure is sound with good paintwork and no rust.

It starts and runs well. Oil pressure 2.5+ bar. Handling and braking (uprated components, see below) are both very good. The tyres are all good, no replacements needed in the immediate future.

Red key is present.

MOT is currently due in August, but I would include a 12 months MOT in the price.

The last MOT in August was passed with one advisory, saying that the front nearside brake was ‘tight’. The car had been standing in the garage for the best part of two years before this and it has now freed itself up after driving around for a few miles.

Price: £1,695
Model: 2.0 20v
Mileage: 79,800 miles
Body colour: Steel Grey
Interior: Black Leather
Manufactured: 1997
Previous owners: 3
MoT until 7th August 2019

Technical faults: The only one I’m aware of is the aircon, not working. I’ve never looked into this to find out where. All the hardwhere is still there so it should be relatively easily restored if required.

General condition outside: The paintwork is good all round, no issues. It has had a recent partial respray of the front and rear ends to tidy up various stone chips, etc. The underside has been cleaned up and rust-protected.

General condition inside: Good overall, the black leather is in good shape. There are one or two minor scuffs/marks here and there but nothing of consequence. The centre consoles have been de-gunked. There are a couple of screw holes in the left side of the lower console where a previous owner had attached some kind of hands-free kit.
The radio has been taken out – it could easily be replaced as all the wiring is still there. In its place I have a plain panel with a fan-operation warning light (see under
Modifications, below).

Modifications:
Koni Sport suspension
MTEC brakes
OMP strut brace
FC Performance chip
Altered electric fan operation. The electronic gubbins which should start the fan doesn’t work. A previous owner had fitted a relay and a manual switch on the dash to
run the fan. When I changed the radiator, I found that the replacement has provision for a normal screw-in temperature-operated switch (not present on the original rad) so I’ve wired this in and the fan now runs automatically as it should. For extra reassurance as you can’t necessarily hear the fan, I put a fan-running warning light in the console.

My name is Richard Morley. The car is in Waterlooville, near Portsmouth.

click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
0 128 Read More
Coupé Parts for Sale
10/06/2019 07:20
I have a 20VT in for breaking - our first for more than a year. The car originally came in for possible engine work, but on inspection, it has rust everywhere and would be a pretty spectacular MOT fail. The estimate to put it right was £4k - £5k

Stuff that's NOT available - engine / wheels / anything on or around the rear subframe (very rusty)

So, some of the bigger parts for now:-

Sunroof

Quite possibly, the best sunroof I've seen in a very long time. There is a little bit of rust on the drain tubes, but that's it. The photos show a couple of the drain tubes - one after five minutes with some emery cloth. A bit of Hammerite will see it perfect again. Comes with all the brackets and fixings, plus the headlining if required.

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

£300 - strictly collection-only - there's no way I'm trusting a glass roof to the postal or courier system

Headlamps

Very good condition - would benefit from a light mopping to make them even better. No scratches.

click to enlarge

£100 + £15 P&P

Bonnet

Recently resprayed in Steel Grey - general condition is good, but there is rust in the seams on both sides. It can be rescued with a bit of effort, or simply as-is to replace a knackered bonnet

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

£100 - Collection only

Front bumper

Steel Grey - recently resprayed, with the black bottom section also painted. Very good condition

click to enlarge

£95 collected

Rear bumper

Steel Grey - recently resprayed, with the black bottom section also painted. Very good condition. Comes with both reflectors (which I would normally charge at least £10 a side for)

click to enlarge

£95 collected

More bits to follow....

Nigel Ogram, selling for Motormech
0 114 Read More
News & Press
04/06/2019 18:24
https://www.pistonheads.com/regulars/ph-spottedykywt/fiat-coupe-20v-turbo-plus-es--spotted/40303

With a link to PH Hero feature in the write-up.

So which one...the £20K Jap import or £8K UK car?
0 166 Read More
Club Information
02/06/2019 19:09
We are now able to post photos direct on the forum from your phone, laptop or tablet.

Here is the how to guide.
0 125 Read More
Technical Issues
29/05/2019 14:18
Hi,

My car doesn’t seem to like cold starts. It fires up immediately, but once I try to move the RPM drops drastically and the car almost stalls, even when giving more throttle. It lasts 2 or 3 seconds, then the car drives but it is still a bit hesitant for a few meters.
No problem after that, or if the engine has been run 1 or 2 hours before.

What could be the cause ?

Thanks
0 113 Read More
Technical Issues
26/05/2019 16:48
Doh! I was cleaning old adhesive from the back of my two badges with thinners and, of course, it’s taken the black background paint off the front of the badge, hasn’t it!
Has anyone got a masking off method so I can respray the background in black? Or do I have to get the micro-fine paintbrush out?
Thanks

I tried to attach a photo but it appears it’s over 2mb(?)
0 85 Read More