» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Geo_geo), 63 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums64
Topics112,738
Posts1,331,499
Members2,032
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,174
stan 32,112
Theresa 23,219
bockers 21,066
PeteP 20,819
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,350
Jim_Clennell 16,601
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupť Related Chat
Coupť Spotting
Coupť News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupť
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupťs for Sale
Coupťs Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R803CGP restoration thread #1661134
11/10/2022 08:15
11/10/2022 08:15
Drakelow
Jamiepm Offline OP
Club member 1989
Jamiepm  Offline OP
Club member 1989
Enjoying the ride

Drakelow
Hi all,
As Iíve now taken ownership of what was GrahamLís car, Iím planning to bring the car back to factory fresh condition.

Graham has done a great job in either fixing the nuances of a coupe and/or doing a number of jobs just right (wishbones being one of them tongue :P)

My aim is to not really touch the engine/turbo, other than maintenance, itís more to improve the standard suspension and brakes, along with with fixing some cosmetic stuff.

So onto the brakes, whilst Graham has recently done brakes and discs all round, they are decidedly average, which is just how they are from factory. So at this stage Iíve bought some PFC pads that Iíll fit at some point before Xmas.

Iíve bought a complete new set of brake lines and flexi hoses from JBT, and have some ATE200 brake fluid ready to go.

Iím going to refurb the calipers all round and paint them red as the silver always looked a bit understated to me.

For the suspension stuff, Iíd initially ordered a full Koni set up, but when I found out you needed to butcher existing struts at the front to fit them, Iíve cancelled and bought the OSRAV shock absorbers, and then a set of Eibach springs with a 30mm height reduction.

Albeit these are made to order and I wonít get them until November ish

Iíve ordered a Ultra Racing rear ARB (23mm), again made to order but that should be with me in the next couple of weeks

Finally for suspension Iíve got the subframe bushes and rear arm bearings from FCSS, as Iíll drop the whole rear end and deal with tarting up the arms and get them painted.

For obvious reasons whilst I have all this stuff off the car Iíll check the chassis over and as a minimum Iíll treat all the underside to simply preserve what appears to be a rock solid chassis floor pan.

I have as a belt and braces approach , bought a new oil cooler and pipes from JBT which Iíll fit in the next couple of monthsÖ.

Onto cosmeticsÖÖ

I need to refurb the leather seats due to age related wear, so Iíll post pictures in the next few weeks

The Eiffel towers are cruddy bit appear solid so Iíll repaint those, or if they are scabby, Iíll change them out for some new ones

Iíve fitted a special head unit off Amazon for £90, just so I have Bluetooth for hands free calling, but Iíll put some pictures up and tell you a bit more about it

Thatís it to start with, Iíll endeavour to post pics/progress and fix anything else I see along the way

Cheers Jamie

Enjoying Coupe life
Re: R803CGP restoration thread [Re: Jamiepm] #1661285
15/10/2022 18:28
15/10/2022 18:28
Drakelow
Jamiepm Offline OP
Club member 1989
Jamiepm  Offline OP
Club member 1989
Enjoying the ride

Drakelow
I should have replied hereÖ.

Anyway so my Eibach springs have turned up today.

I might have an hour tomorrow to fit the new bonnet latch Iíve bought from JBT, if I do Iíll post some pictures afterwards.

Iím still waiting for the Ultra Racing anti roll bar (23mm), which should be here in the next week or so, and then a couple of weeks later the OSRAV shocks are due to arrive.

Iím busy for the next couple of weeks doing some dads DIY at both my kids houses, but then itís payback when they help me drop the rear end of the car including taking off the calipers all round and start to refurb those as well

Attached Files

Enjoying Coupe life
Re: R803CGP restoration thread [Re: Jamiepm] #1661303
16/10/2022 16:01
16/10/2022 16:01
Drakelow
Jamiepm Offline OP
Club member 1989
Jamiepm  Offline OP
Club member 1989
Enjoying the ride

Drakelow
Today Iíve been faffing around with replacing the bonnet catch, also I found the cable for the bonnet release somewhat frayed. So a trip to Halfords for a bike cable is needed.

Jamie

Attached Files

Enjoying Coupe life
Re: R803CGP restoration thread [Re: Edinburgh] #1661369
22/10/2022 19:57
22/10/2022 19:57
Drakelow
Jamiepm Offline OP
Club member 1989
Jamiepm  Offline OP
Club member 1989
Enjoying the ride

Drakelow
So Iíve degreased the entire underside of the car today including all the wheel arches in readiness to drop the rear subframe in a few weeks time. At present Iíve got the car SORN so it will stay Ďcleaní.

I noticed whilst under the car at some point someone has jacked the car up on the floor area, so Iíll try and pull the metalwork back out.

Also bought a new inner cable for the bonnet release, if itís not raining tomorrow Iíll refit that

Also bought some cable to do the fuel pump wiring mod along with the relay.

Also chasing ultra racing for the new anti roll bar, as itís been 4 weeks and countingÖ.

Cheers Jamie

Last edited by Edinburgh; 20/11/2022 10:37.

Enjoying Coupe life
Re: R803CGP restoration thread [Re: Jamiepm] #1661522
30/10/2022 16:16
30/10/2022 16:16
Drakelow
Jamiepm Offline OP
Club member 1989
Jamiepm  Offline OP
Club member 1989
Enjoying the ride

Drakelow
Not much done this weekend due to Dads DIY for my daughter

Anyway changed Iíve done the bonnet release cable, which with my crappy eyesight took an eternity of squinting in order to find the hole (ooer)

The Ultra Racing anti roll bar has arrived, so Iím just waiting for a couple more weeks before I start to dismantle the rear end.

Iíll try to take as many before and after piccies , so anyone doing similar stuff can either get the idea or I shout up for help!

Cheers Jamie

Last edited by Edinburgh; 20/11/2022 10:37.

Enjoying Coupe life
Re: R803CGP restoration thread [Re: Jamiepm] #1662010
19/11/2022 16:01
19/11/2022 16:01
Drakelow
Jamiepm Offline OP
Club member 1989
Jamiepm  Offline OP
Club member 1989
Enjoying the ride

Drakelow
Quick update, my Osrav shocks have just arrived, so now I have everything to start with.

Jobs to do

Wire the fuel pump mod

Overhaul and rebuild front and rear brake calipers inc fresh paint job

Replace all solid brake pipes both front and rear, also replace the flexi hoses

Flush brake fluid system with ATE200 brake fluid

Fit new oil cooler and pipes from MCS (Jonny bravo)

Fit new Osrav shocks, Eibach springs, top mounts and camber bolts for the front end of the car.

Fit PFC pads to the front brake calipers

Remove rear axle and trailing arms, derust and paint Matt black

Obviously there are a number of tasks linked to the above, so fuel tank, rear shocks, exhaust off etc

Whilst the rear end is stripped off, Iíll check and treat the floor and chassis where needed, then stone chip seal it to make it look factory fresh

Fit new 23mm ultra racing rear anti roll bar

Fit new Osrav rear shocks

Change the bearings and bushes in the rear arms (FCSS).

Go to my mates garage and get the tracking and camber set up

Iím sure Iíll have some surprises along the way, but Iíll fix anything else that crops up

Cheers Jamie

Attached Files

Enjoying Coupe life