» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Echodelta, redwheels, french_coupe), 276 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,600
Posts1,341,121
Members1,802
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,556
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,300
PeteP 21,513
bockers 21,071
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,367
Edinburgh 16,789
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
'I'll tell you what you want to hear" shocker #1304720
10/01/2012 09:55
10/01/2012 09:55

T
Truffle
Unregistered
Truffle
Unregistered
T

Ed Miliband has effectively said that Labour will tell you what you want to hear in order to win the next election. An interesting tactic, albeit pointing out the obvious, but to actually come out and say :

"The ideas which won three elections won't be the ideas which win the election in 2015. So we will be a different party from the one we were in the past."

What is the point in having political parties if they are just going to change their ideologies to suit what the people think they want?

I say 'think' becuase most people have no clue what they want and just follow whatever the media tells them.

Re: 'I'll tell you what you want to hear" shocker [Re: ] #1304732
10/01/2012 10:35
10/01/2012 10:35

P
proccy
Unregistered
proccy
Unregistered
P

Isn't this just what Tony Blur did to win the elections he won? He took Tory ideas and massaged them into his own and hey presto - a labout government!!

Re: 'I'll tell you what you want to hear" shocker [Re: ] #1304766
10/01/2012 11:50
10/01/2012 11:50

P
Pinnin
Unregistered
Pinnin
Unregistered
P

I hate this about Politics and politicians. They are only interested in the power that being in office brings to them and not about the good of the people.

I also hate when whoever is in power comes up with a plan, even if it is a good plan, the opposition take a completely different view. I would respect them more if occassionaly they said "that's actually a good plan - we agree".

Another thing I hate is when asked a direct question the avoid answering at all costs. If you don't know just say so and tell the interviewer I will find out the answer and get back to you with a statement. I believe that the best politicians would be those who are thourough and cared, not just those who are the best media monkeys!

Re: 'I'll tell you what you want to hear" shocker [Re: ] #1304780
10/01/2012 12:13
10/01/2012 12:13

P
proccy
Unregistered
proccy
Unregistered
P

Originally Posted By: Pinnin
I hate this about Politics and politicians. They are only interested in the power that being in office brings to them and not about the good of the people.

I also hate when whoever is in power comes up with a plan, even if it is a good plan, the opposition take a completely different view. I would respect them more if occassionaly they said "that's actually a good plan - we agree".

Another thing I hate is when asked a direct question the avoid answering at all costs. If you don't know just say so and tell the interviewer I will find out the answer and get back to you with a statement. I believe that the best politicians would be those who are thourough and cared, not just those who are the best media monkeys!

Amen to that but it's never going to happen, too much money/vested interests involved sadly

Re: 'I'll tell you what you want to hear" shocker [Re: ] #1304829
10/01/2012 15:12
10/01/2012 15:12
Southampton, Hants
Roadking Offline
Club member 1809
Roadking  Offline
Club member 1809
Forum is my life

Southampton, Hants
Another thing I hate is when asked a direct question the avoid answering at all costs. If you don't know just say so and tell the interviewer I will find out the answer and get back to you with a statement.

it's not about not knowing. It's about not telling the truth, avoiding telling a lie, and not giving the media an opportunity to quote you at a later date. Politicians are largely beneath contempt, with the exception of a very few. One notable, who goes against my own politics, is Tony Benn. As classy a politician as Thierry Henry is a footballer tongue

"RK's way seems the most sensible to me". ali_hire 16 Dec 2010
Re: 'I'll tell you what you want to hear" shocker [Re: Roadking] #1304858
10/01/2012 17:11
10/01/2012 17:11

P
Pinnin
Unregistered
Pinnin
Unregistered
P

Originally Posted By: Roadking
Another thing I hate is when asked a direct question the avoid answering at all costs. If you don't know just say so and tell the interviewer I will find out the answer and get back to you with a statement.

it's not about not knowing. It's about not telling the truth, avoiding telling a lie, and not giving the media an opportunity to quote you at a later date. Politicians are largely beneath contempt, with the exception of a very few. One notable, who goes against my own politics, is Tony Benn. As classy a politician as Thierry Henry is a footballer tongue

Yeah, I understand that that is sadly the case. Even when I went through media training in the RAF we were given 'Lines to take' and whatever question we were asked we had to somehow answer by giving one of the approved 'Lines'

I just think it would be refreshing for somebody to say "You know what, I don't know that, but I will find out!" I would certainly make me trust that particular politician a bit more. Alas we do not live in an ideal world...

Re: 'I'll tell you what you want to hear" shocker [Re: ] #1304882
10/01/2012 19:07
10/01/2012 19:07
Cornwall
jasgol Offline
Enjoying the ride
jasgol  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Cornwall
Ed Milliband is a disaster, not only for the labour party, which has seriously lost it's way but for the country as a whole.
When the opposition is weak, the ruling party runs riot, which is what happened to Blair when he was in power. The tories were in such a mess that they were too busy in-fighting to assemble a robust opposition, hence the mess we are in now.

Horsing around's a serious business.