» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 310 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,543
Posts1,340,417
Members1,785
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,520
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,294
PeteP 21,480
bockers 21,070
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,366
Edinburgh 16,659
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Targa High Country #1458010
13/11/2013 20:19
13/11/2013 20:19
Melbourne, Australia
Scuderia Offline OP
My life on the forum
Scuderia  Offline OP
My life on the forum

Melbourne, Australia
Good Stuff Ian and Lindsey!

click to enlarge

Thought I'd send out some details on our Targa experience plus a few pics. We arrived at Mt Buller on Wedn arvo, washed the car & finished fitting the RallySafe kit before going to documentaton & scrutineering on Thurs. RallySafe is GPS based tracking system they use to monitor all cars in the event & compute stage times. Thursday afternoon saw us ready to go and with the stickers fitted, the Coupe looked the part anyway.

First taste of action was the prologue on Frid afternoon, I almost missed our start time because it's done on the RallySafe now, not the start official counting down in time honoured manner but Lindsey was on the ball & screamed "GO!". Once underway it was a real buzz to be driving flat out on empty streets using all the road & we finished with big grins & lined up with the rest of the field for Targafest - see first pic. This is when it started to sink in that the rest of the Regularity field were in serious machines; R spec tyres all round, some stripped out with full rollcages - maybe I'd underestimated the level of competition here.

Day 1 started wet after overnight showers so we decided to take it easy on the first stage - no point in ending up in the scenery plus the wet road should suit our regular Pirelli road tyres more than the rally car competition. Yeah, right! When we checked the results that night we were the slowest on Stage 1 by a mile, these guys didn't just look serious, they were serious. We managed to get close to the nominated speed on a couple of stages by driving the doors off the Coupe but it was obvious we were completely outclassed.
Day 2 was going to be worse as the stages were a lot tighter & speeds higher. So the goal was to finish the event with the car intact & have as much fun as possible along the way - which we managed to do.

We had a great time, made some new friends as everyone was very welcoming - probably because they realised we weren't a threat. The event is well run, Sat lunch was very nice at Pizzini Wines, see pic 2, the ice covering the cars Sund morning not so - pic 3. We are now enjoying a casual tour around country Vic on our way home, visiting all those places we flash past on the ICT every year. Our thanks to Marty, Warren, David & Ross for helping get us here - we'll catch up soon & bore you with pictures and videos..

Re: Targa High Country [Re: Scuderia] #1458046
14/11/2013 05:58
14/11/2013 05:58
In the coupe.
magooagain Offline
Club Member 259
magooagain  Offline
Club Member 259
Forum is my life

In the coupe.
Sounds like that was fun. I think you have some pictures missing from your post?