|
0 registered members (),
1,286
guests, and 2
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Re: Lacquer on fuel cap?
[Re: respace]
#1680522
08/10/2026 17:55
08/10/2026 17:55
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,747 N.E Scotland
mattB
Club member 6
|
Club member 6
I AM a Coop
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,747
N.E Scotland
|
Wasnt the thing to strip the lacquer, polish it up, wax it - then keep it polished/waxed occasionally?
Death-rattle-tastic
|
|
|
Re: Lacquer on fuel cap?
[Re: respace]
#1680563
Yesterday at 16:35
Yesterday at 16:35
|
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 187 Darkest Devon
slime500
Club Member 1848
|
Club Member 1848
On a journey
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 187
Darkest Devon
|
I stripped the lacquer on mine with paint stripper. Then I just polished the hell out of it with Autosol metal polish. No need for any lacquer, just give it a buff with some Autosol periodically and it’ll look great!
1998 20VT, Sprint Blue, owned 21 years, my passionate Italian mistress!
|
|
|
Re: Lacquer on fuel cap?
[Re: slime500]
#1680565
Yesterday at 17:26
Yesterday at 17:26
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,920 Auld Reekie
Edinburgh
Club President, member225
|
Club President, member225
Forum veteran
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,920
Auld Reekie
|
I stripped the lacquer on mine with paint stripper. Then I just polished the hell out of it with Autosol metal polish. No need for any lacquer, just give it a buff with some Autosol periodically and it’ll look great!
Good to know that at least something can be seen in darkest Devon!
BumbleBee carer
|
|
|
|