» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Rosso), 241 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,623
Posts1,341,319
Members1,807
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,568
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,303
PeteP 21,521
bockers 21,071
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,367
Edinburgh 16,828
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Diary of Coupe Ownership [Re: sugerbear] #631482
17/06/2008 16:14
17/06/2008 16:14

F
feeblebob
Unregistered
feeblebob
Unregistered
F

Hi Sugerbear,

Yes, I'd noticed highwayman's on there, I'm tempted by a lot of stuff of his, but funds are bit awry at the moment, question of priorites really, there's lot's of other stuff to sort as well as buying the juicy bits. As far as I know, there are no cracks on the rocker cover, though if that is a known weak-point, I'll check tonight. I like to do things like that as and when they come up, i.e. exhaust goes, buy the performance alternative, it just seems logical to get a tarted-up one put on while it's getting done as opposed to doing it twice.

Re: Diary of Coupe Ownership [Re: sugerbear] #631489
17/06/2008 16:27
17/06/2008 16:27
Cumbria
stan Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
stan  Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod

Cumbria
.......and to answer your next question, it's 9Nm maximum! No less but most definitely no more than 9Nm! \:o

[Linked Image]
Re: Diary of Coupe Ownership [Re: stan] #631929
18/06/2008 15:08
18/06/2008 15:08

F
feeblebob
Unregistered
feeblebob
Unregistered
F

Yes, Satn, I want a new (modified) cylinder head at some stage, but not just yet! I'll look after the one I've got for now.

Got an interview for promotion at work so little thought about the blue mover, suffice to say it did get me to work without drama, so can't fault it for that...

Re: Diary of Coupe Ownership [Re: ] #631993
18/06/2008 17:11
18/06/2008 17:11
Harpenden
S
sugerbear Offline
Je suis un Coupé
sugerbear  Offline
Je suis un Coupé
S

Harpenden
 Originally Posted By: feeblebob
Yes, Satan, I want a new (modified) cylinder head at some stage, but not just yet! I'll look after the one I've got for now.

Got an interview for promotion at work so little thought about the blue mover, suffice to say it did get me to work without drama, so can't fault it for that...

Corrected that for you \:D

Last edited by sugerbear; 18/06/2008 17:16.

How to make a startrek widget cable >> http://tinyurl.com/dyje6fy
Re: Diary of Coupe Ownership [Re: sugerbear] #631997
18/06/2008 17:19
18/06/2008 17:19
Cumbria
stan Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
stan  Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod

Cumbria
\:o

Last edited by stan; 18/06/2008 17:19. Reason: accurate though, very accurate! :D

[Linked Image]
Re: Diary of Coupe Ownership [Re: stan] #632047
18/06/2008 19:34
18/06/2008 19:34

F
feeblebob
Unregistered
feeblebob
Unregistered
F

Lol, yeah, sorry Stan, noticed that after I'd posted it!

Re: Diary of Coupe Ownership [Re: ] #632296
19/06/2008 11:14
19/06/2008 11:14

F
feeblebob
Unregistered
feeblebob
Unregistered
F

Good news, quite possibly got some tax to come back from the previous, previous tax year and I know there's some to come back from last year too, so I might be able to start on my to-do list in earnest.

Fuel consumptions still good too, making it last really well, apart from the journey home from work last night when a work colleague who assured me his nearly new standard Punto is quicker than my Coop got a lesson in respect, or more a acurately got a six-pack of whoop-ass opened all over him. Shame. He'll learn. All good fun. Love my Coop :-)

Re: Diary of Coupe Ownership [Re: ] #632960
20/06/2008 13:03
20/06/2008 13:03

F
feeblebob
Unregistered
feeblebob
Unregistered
F

Cheque for tax is £1250! :-) Time to get the ball rolling methinks. Will a red-blooded male ever get tired of the way a car will pull from 90-120mph so effortlessly? Nice.

Someone else has posted selling loads of brand new tuning goodies and I'm still going to miss it seems. Car ownership is painful sometimes.

Re: Diary of Coupe Ownership [Re: ] #634476
23/06/2008 10:27
23/06/2008 10:27

F
feeblebob
Unregistered
feeblebob
Unregistered
F

Nice weather, £70 of V-Power for a full tank, happy days.

Bit miffed about Top Gear last night, felt like Jezza took the 'mickey' out of the Coop, didn't show it to it's best potential. Hope people noticed it was only a £900 example but I don't suppose they will.

Spoke to a couple of blokes at a birthday party on Saturday night, and it seems there's a keen owner living in Wickersley on Sycamore Drive. Are you on here, mate? Sounds like you've got a late silver Coop, would be good to meet up and talk about them if you're interested.

I'm going to start buying a bit of kit off ebay for the to-do list, some of the Forte products etc. and get things started, will report back with how much I paid etc.

A load of cars got vandalised on my road on Saturday night, before mine returned home. Some stuck a broom handle under a Celica's bonnet vent and tried to lever it off. Not impressed. Sorry to hear about the other thread about getting broken into, makes you wonder why we bother sometimes.

Re: Diary of Coupe Ownership [Re: ] #636414
26/06/2008 15:29
26/06/2008 15:29

F
feeblebob
Unregistered
feeblebob
Unregistered
F

Hi all,

Not much to report over the last few days, bar the fact that for one reason or another, I'm better off than I thought I was going to be, so might be able to start the chores now!

Have ordered some Forte goob off ebay, the two coolant system ones, flush and degreaser, and the oil flush. I'm also waiting for some air con cleaner, it's a spray that is put throught he system to kill bacteria and get rid of odours. Garages charge £15-£20 for this, hoping the can will cost about £6-7 so when I've run it through, I'll post how good/bad it was.

Hope everyone else's coop is in a good way, I'm happy today! :-)

Re: Diary of Coupe Ownership [Re: ] #636879
27/06/2008 10:30
27/06/2008 10:30

F
feeblebob
Unregistered
feeblebob
Unregistered
F

Big, big accident on the M1 this morning, helicopters and the lot, so had to sit for quite a while in traffic, no overheating woes, but about to order coolant hose of death from the the group buy, then get my Forte stuff through, as well as checking for any other leaks, should be OK after all that. Have been wondering about the Pace radiator, but not sure I'll see the value of it until I need extra cooling as the power goes up. Hmmm.

Getting some readies together to start going mad on the parts for sale part of the forum. Should be exciting, could really do with someone breaking a car locally too, so I can pick up some of the really small, dinky parts I want. Will have to keep the peepers peeled.

Felt the boost going a bit temporamental last night on the way home last night, so need to start down the route of that, hopefully EBV this weekend, along with some other bits.

Re: Diary of Coupe Ownership [Re: ] #638286
30/06/2008 14:01
30/06/2008 14:01

F
feeblebob
Unregistered
feeblebob
Unregistered
F

Not much over the weekend, got a wiper blade (ooooh!) and debadged the rear end (bigger OOOOH!). Getting a local quote off a workmate for a set of T1-Rs and still waiting for my Forte stuff. Dabbled with buying a headunit, seen a Sony that's a lot less than I used to pay for hifi, so think it may be a good idea, to keep that side of things in check. I feel an order of bits from Alternative Autos might be on it's way soon, to get the ball rolling. Bought some valeting kit but then I felt too tired to use it. The problem is, with a to-do list as long as the one I've got, I'm not sure where to start, feel like I'm going to be spending a fortune. But then that's owning a car like the Coop, it's never going to be the budget option, I suppose. Not with my luck anyway.

Re: Diary of Coupe Ownership [Re: ] #640144
03/07/2008 09:27
03/07/2008 09:27

F
feeblebob
Unregistered
feeblebob
Unregistered
F

Happily, had nothing to report on the Coop for the last few days, sometimes when other things are going off, you just need a car to work and it seems less important, and the car is doing just that. Get in in the morning, start it with no fuss, drive to work comfortably and safely and get on with your day. Hope everyone else's is as trouble-free as mine at the moment, still enjoying just owning the car, let alone driving it. Thinking about an overnight trip to Cumbria tomorrow night, so I'll find out how comfortable it is over a long journey, and will probably find out how effective the standard headlights are. Can feel an HID order coming on...

Re: Diary of Coupe Ownership [Re: ] #642065
07/07/2008 08:53
07/07/2008 08:53

F
feeblebob
Unregistered
feeblebob
Unregistered
F

Well, the trip to Cumbria was good, car feels a lot freer and it was good to give it a good A-road blast. Some of my favourite sections of the A66 were transformed into a Gran-Turismo style thrash, good fun, and like I say the car felt a lot more willing from cold this morning, did someone say 'Italian tune-up'.... Quite tiring but then it would be, I'm used to sitting on cruise control in a big Lexus taking it easy, and then I'm in the Coop making good progress. Really enjoyed it.

Re: Diary of Coupe Ownership [Re: ] #645708
14/07/2008 07:56
14/07/2008 07:56

F
feeblebob
Unregistered
feeblebob
Unregistered
F

Morning all,

No news this week the car's just worked nicely, but did notice this morning that when just started from cold, the throttle is like an on/off switch, the merest touch on the accelerator and it revs to 2.5k. Assuming that must be the IAC then, still haven't got around to cleaning it. Might get a quote from Steve at AA for a new one, if it's just a swapout part. Even a dunce like me should be able to do that.

Chap stopped in front of me last week as I was pulling away from the flat, telling me he was just in the process of getting his red 20V Turbo back on the road, and I should pop round sometime to talk shiny metal expensive things, he only lives round the street behind me, so quite chuffed about that, appears as though there's quite a few enthusiasts round Rotherham. His brother's got an LE and lives in Southampton, so don't know if you're on here mate.

Hope everyone else's Coop is behaving itself, ctach you all later.

Re: Diary of Coupe Ownership [Re: ] #648706
19/07/2008 13:48
19/07/2008 13:48

F
feeblebob
Unregistered
feeblebob
Unregistered
F

Up in Cumbria again this weekend. I have a touch of gurgling from behind the dash, which as this helpful and informative website informs me is likely a bleed issue, I have made sure the coolant is topped up, and will try to get the car to Motormech ASAP. Hopefully next week. I could take it to a local dealer or garage or otherwise, but I really don't want, it's a big no-no I believe, so I shall resist. I have no tools and it's bloody raining hevily, but it seems no.1 bleed screw is free of air. I'll check all 3 points when I get back down to God's country, and see how it stands. Really want to flush the system and get the coolant changed, but then having read the guide on re-filling and bleeding, I reckon if I enlist the help of a spanner-head, I could probably DIY. Will see how the weather is when I get back to Roth.

Otherwise came up to Cumbria without issue, I think I'm about 3,000 miles up on it now, and still running OK, it will be better when I've got the routine maintenance done at Motormech that I want doing but that's icing on the cake at the mo. Still haven't washed it since I bought it, I'm ashamed...

Re: Diary of Coupe Ownership [Re: ] #648707
19/07/2008 13:49
19/07/2008 13:49

F
feeblebob
Unregistered
feeblebob
Unregistered
F

Apologies to AlanW for the incorrect spelling of 'heavily' above, don't want to let the side down :-)

Re: Diary of Coupe Ownership [Re: ] #648744
19/07/2008 16:02
19/07/2008 16:02
Berlin
barnacle Offline
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
barnacle  Offline
Forum Demigod

Berlin
You didn't do too well with 'ctach' the post earlier, either \:D \:P

[Linked Image]
Don't get no respect! Coupe Fiat 1994-2000 - an owner's guide <-- clicky!
Re: Diary of Coupe Ownership [Re: barnacle] #648932
20/07/2008 09:52
20/07/2008 09:52

F
feeblebob
Unregistered
feeblebob
Unregistered
F

Hmm, yeah, detention for me then.... :-)

Re: Diary of Coupe Ownership [Re: ] #650625
23/07/2008 10:58
23/07/2008 10:58

F
feeblebob
Unregistered
feeblebob
Unregistered
F

Still nothing really to report, which is a good thing at the moment. Car has covered over 3,000 miles now and no dramas, or evens incidents to report. Got my quote back from Paul@Motormech for work to be done, many items off my to-do list, and it's come to roughly £860. This doesn't seem bad I'm assuming if I'm spending that in a one-er, he'll spend a bit of time checking the whole car over, so I'll get a decent appraisal of the genral condition. Should be getting this done soon.

Having been up to Cumbria again, I decided to take it really easy on the way back down on Sunday and have been taking it easy commuting to and from work, and the difference in fuel consumption is amazing. The fuel guage is simply not moving. This is despite still giving it a few mins to warm up, but I'm sticking to roughly a steady 65mph, and it looks like about £15 is going to last a week of commuting! Excellent!

Now I'm living on my tod, I've got a lot more time to spare at the weekend so I AM GOING TO WASH IT THIS WEEKEND. Will try to post before and afters, the front wheels look like later spec anthracite(?) alloys.

Re: Diary of Coupe Ownership [Re: ] #650634
23/07/2008 11:12
23/07/2008 11:12

F
feeblebob
Unregistered
feeblebob
Unregistered
F

Considering the amount quoted by Motormech, I may as mentioned before try doing some of the bits myself. Paul quoted £70 for sorting the indicator-cancelling issue, but I noticed the how-to on it the other day, and have just gone back to check it and it seems it's only for the want of tools that I should be able to do it myself. It looks like it may take a while to do right, so Paul's quote is entirely understandable (I'm not knocking it!), but I may attempt it myself.

Re: Diary of Coupe Ownership [Re: ] #654843
30/07/2008 16:36
30/07/2008 16:36

F
feeblebob
Unregistered
feeblebob
Unregistered
F

Hi Guys,

Apologies for the lack of posts but there's been nothing to report, still haven't washed it, or done anything with it that I meant to do last weekend. Didn't make it to the meet in Kent (because I felt guilty about not going to a mate's wedding evening do...), still seeing parts I want in the for sale section, and generally a bit p&$^%d off with things, but then I've still no problems as such, so can't all be bad...

Re: Diary of Coupe Ownership [Re: ] #655189
31/07/2008 10:26
31/07/2008 10:26

F
feeblebob
Unregistered
feeblebob
Unregistered
F

Been quoted for Toyo T1-R's 205/50/16's for £63 a corner fitted and balanced from a mate who owns a tyre spot. Quite chuffed about that, looks like the blue beauty will have a new set of shoes in the next few weeks. That should hopefully sort the slightly annoying steering wheel shake too. Been buying some bits off ebay, getting a workshop manual CD so I can get some background if I'm doing any jobs on it, and hopefully a filler cap to refurb and swap over. Really hoping I can stay out the pub this weekend and gets some little niggly tasks done. Time will tell.

Still love it.

Re: Diary of Coupe Ownership [Re: ] #666685
21/08/2008 13:56
21/08/2008 13:56

F
feeblebob
Unregistered
feeblebob
Unregistered
F

Hi all,

Not posted for a while but simply had no probs. The hesitation from a cold start is getting more pronounced, which is a touch annoying but is perfectly live-with-able. Still not got the new tyres but I'll be able to get them at cost whenever the readies are there. Fair bit of oil round the dump valve which isn't encouraging, but I'll give it a clean soon, and then see how it goes.

Out of interest, as I tend to hold a steady 60-65mph on the motorway now, I obviously have a small throttle opening most of the time. At times this can get a bit jerky, almost as though it's closing and opening slightly again and again. Any ideas anyone, could it be like the wifes Punto with an oily, dirty throttle body, this would also explain some of the other bad-running traits. Is it difficult to get to on this engine?

Re: Diary of Coupe Ownership [Re: ] #673945
04/09/2008 14:30
04/09/2008 14:30

F
feeblebob
Unregistered
feeblebob
Unregistered
F

Apologies for the lack of posts, guys and gals. Ran a sweep on my company laptop with CClenaer and got shot of the cookie, then couldn't find my login details for the forum. Just got around to finding them.

Hope all Coops are generally OK, I haven't had a good look around the forum yet to see the general consensus. Mine's still OK, but still hasn't been washed or had anything done to it. The money's slowly coming in so I do hope soon to have some news on maintainance/mods.

As an aside, my team leader at work left at the same time last week, and therefore followed me up the M1. It came down to me being in front of him as a Transit in front moved out of the way to reveal a long stretch of no traffic in the outside lane. What to do? So anyway, down to third, up through third, then fourth, to a possibly illegal speed. I wasn't leaving him, but he was not catching me at all. The car? A modified 55-plate Impreza WRX, loud, rumbly exhaust and all. Nice. And that was with my engine not running properly (I know this) and on standard unleaded for a change, not V-Power. So happy with that!

Re: Diary of Coupe Ownership [Re: ] #674575
05/09/2008 13:19
05/09/2008 13:19

A
ally_f
Unregistered
ally_f
Unregistered
A

must admit ive been running tesco 95 for the last few tanks...shame on me!

Re: Diary of Coupe Ownership [Re: ] #675333
06/09/2008 21:16
06/09/2008 21:16

F
feeblebob
Unregistered
feeblebob
Unregistered
F

Hi all,

Yes, more standard unleaded through it for another journey to Cumbria. Didn't stop me making a fool of a couple of young lads in a 57-plate Golf R32. Bowes Moor dual-carriageway on the A66, played with him like a rag-doll, in the end I got bored and let him go, it was clearly his dads car since every time he got above 120mph, he braked. Still, point was well proved. Apart from that, steady journey and the 187 miles disappeared in £24 worth of fuel. Not bad, considering the half hour stuck on the A1 and the bout of point-proving. Would love to have a ride in a high power Coupe, can't imagine what it would be like. Got a lift to night out last night in an Accord Type-R and it didn't feel as quick as mine.

Seen a couple of Coupes recently, a P-plate in Barlborough nr Chesterfield on Thursday afternoon and a yellow 16v variety (I think...) in Rotherham. Still haven't been to see the chap who lives behind me with a red 20v Turbo, he was keen to go down to Auto Italia, but work demands have been such that I haven't thought about cars too much.

I have a feeling the tyres are coming soon, and the clutch is slipping a bit worse now, though I rarely stress it. Would ideally like to get the clutch (Helix Organic ideally) and a 6-speed box put it at the same time, would make sense to save labour, the 6-speeder mainly being because I do plenty of motorway miles, commuting and a 400 mile round trip every 2 or 3 weeks means I think it may be worth it for the drop in revs in top.

Still perusing the for sale forum for parts, something is going to tempt my fancy soon....

Re: Diary of Coupe Ownership [Re: ] #675542
07/09/2008 13:51
07/09/2008 13:51
Berlin
barnacle Offline
barnacle  Offline
Forum Demigod

Berlin
You were doing almost twice the speed limit, illegally racing on the public highway? And you admit this in a public post?

[Linked Image]
Don't get no respect! Coupe Fiat 1994-2000 - an owner's guide <-- clicky!
Re: Diary of Coupe Ownership [Re: barnacle] #675956
08/09/2008 11:08
08/09/2008 11:08
S Wales
chrissy Offline
Tourque Italia member!
chrissy  Offline
Tourque Italia member!
Forum is my job

S Wales
This is the strangest thread ive ever read!,...

Who on earth wants to read your diary, We have our own lives that we could document if we were strange enough,...

Ahem,

Got up at 8am today, Got my milk off the doorstep,...
I couldn't believe it!! Full fat.. Ive been having semi for 6 months now, Doesn't Roger tell his colleagues of my change when he goes on his annual hols??!!

Corn flakes again today, Not looking forward to the milk tho, Iv'e skipped a cuppa as cant hack the yukky creamy tasted full fat leaves...... Anyways, back to the flakes, I usually have a full bowl but not so hungry thismorning, Half it is... God this milks nasty!

Right I'm now dressed and leaving for my shift in the kitchen, Got the deliveries to put away too.....

Il keep you posted on my daily events.., Bet you cant wait.

Chrissy..

Re: Diary of Coupe Ownership [Re: barnacle] #675964
08/09/2008 11:19
08/09/2008 11:19

F
feeblebob
Unregistered
feeblebob
Unregistered
F

Fair do's, I'll not post again.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6