|
1 registered members (Misterchoos),
1,060
guests, and 4
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,114
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Re: Jeremy Clarkson just bought my Coupe!!!!
[Re: ]
#632294
19/06/2008 11:04
19/06/2008 11:04
|
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,408 Essex
Trappy
Club member 7306
|
Club member 7306
Forum is my life
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,408
Essex
|
I've been doing some digging and apparently the cars are as follows (apologies if this has already been posted but I'm fed up with posts about resale values changing :z) Gold Lexus LS400 (May) Green coop (Clarkson) White Suzuki vitara (Hammond) The White 5 series in the picture is the getaway car that has to be caught by the new 'police cars'. The also try it with a Volvo V70 and possibly that Astra too. Imagine that, a Coupé Vs ???? on TV 
F****** b****** thing...
|
|
|
Re: Jeremy Clarkson just bought my Coupe!!!!
[Re: Trappy]
#632773
20/06/2008 00:00
20/06/2008 00:00
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794 Berlin
barnacle
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
|
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
Forum Demigod
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
|
Can I make a request that - for the benefit of those who have to suffer <cough> the travails of being in Brasil when the program is broadcast, and don't get a chance to see it until Tuesday, *please* don't discuss what happens? Please? Ta! 
|
|
|
Re: Jeremy Clarkson just bought my Coupe!!!!
[Re: Trappy]
#632827
20/06/2008 07:29
20/06/2008 07:29
|
Duffman
Unregistered
|
Duffman
Unregistered
|
Gold Lexus LS400 (May) Green coop (Clarkson) White Suzuki vitara (Hammond)
Yep I agree with Trappy. I would love for the coop to chase down the astra once up to speed the coop would annilate it.
|
|
|
Re: Jeremy Clarkson just bought my Coupe!!!!
[Re: andy2]
#632853
20/06/2008 09:49
20/06/2008 09:49
|
jonb
Unregistered
|
jonb
Unregistered
|
Remember what happened to Clarkson at the Nurburgring when he was soundly beaten in his Jag by that strangely attractive German lady driving an old transit van. Being slightly pedantic....she didnt beat him!! Clarkson managed 9:59 in the Jag and she couldnt get any lower than about 10:20 in the van.
|
|
|
Re: Jeremy Clarkson just bought my Coupe!!!!
[Re: andy2]
#632859
20/06/2008 10:02
20/06/2008 10:02
|
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,408 Essex
Trappy
Club member 7306
|
Club member 7306
Forum is my life
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,408
Essex
|
Come off it, Clarkson is pretty handy himself. Anyway the car they're most likely to be chasing will be the old beemer, not the Astra. I wouldn't imagine the old shape M5 would get away from a coop much on a track so if it is anything else, the coop would piss it.
F****** b****** thing...
|
|
|
Re: Jeremy Clarkson just bought my Coupe!!!!
[Re: ]
#632882
20/06/2008 10:49
20/06/2008 10:49
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,309 Pontefract, West Yorkshire
andyps
Club member 1482
|
Club member 1482
My job on the forum
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,309
Pontefract, West Yorkshire
|
Remember what happened to Clarkson at the Nurburgring when he was soundly beaten in his Jag by that strangely attractive German lady driving an old transit van. Being slightly pedantic....she didnt beat him!! Clarkson managed 9:59 in the Jag and she couldnt get any lower than about 10:20 in the van. And she has the advantage of spending all her working life driving fast cars around the ring so has pretty good knowledge of it. Whilst not a Stig, I guess Clarkson is pretty quick, especially on the Top Gear track. Looking forward to seeing how the Coupe gets on.
Andy
|
|
|
Re: Jeremy Clarkson just bought my Coupe!!!!
[Re: andyps]
#632915
20/06/2008 11:44
20/06/2008 11:44
|
AlistairM
Unregistered
|
AlistairM
Unregistered
|
|
|
|
Re: Jeremy Clarkson just bought my Coupe!!!!
[Re: ]
#632916
20/06/2008 11:46
20/06/2008 11:46
|
AlistairM
Unregistered
|
AlistairM
Unregistered
|
If you look on the top gear website you can see the green coupe easily.
|
|
|
Re: Jeremy Clarkson just bought my Coupe!!!!
[Re: ]
#632924
20/06/2008 12:11
20/06/2008 12:11
|
Tartandude
Unregistered
|
Tartandude
Unregistered
|
If you look on the top gear website you can see the green coupe easily. I had a quick look but couldn't see it?
|
|
|
Re: Jeremy Clarkson just bought my Coupe!!!!
[Re: ]
#633099
20/06/2008 16:42
20/06/2008 16:42
|
AlistairM
Unregistered
|
AlistairM
Unregistered
|
It's not far to go... and I'm getting worried as well as excited.
I get the feeling people are going to look at my beautiful fiat and think its cheap and nasty thanks to top gear.
I think it might have been better that the car remained a mystery...
I guess something may happen that means chavs buy the car, ruin it then sell it cheap and we get parts. But will it ruin the reputation of Coupe drivers? I was happy that we don't have a good or bad reputation being unknown (as far as i know.)
|
|
|
Re: Jeremy Clarkson just bought my Coupe!!!!
[Re: ]
#633103
20/06/2008 16:52
20/06/2008 16:52
|
belfastjohn
Unregistered
|
belfastjohn
Unregistered
|
I wouldn't worry too much. I would imagine at the end of the day if the coop is clarksons choice he'll headline 0 - 60 in 6 seconds and 155mph, italian looks, pini styling etc. Hammond and May will make jokes about it breaking and italian electrics....so whats new, nothing no one already doesn't know about italian cars. At the end of the day its the looks and performance that is so seductive about the coop, well that and its modest purchase price. And say what you want about them, their looks and performance aint gonna change
|
|
|
Re: Jeremy Clarkson just bought my Coupe!!!!
[Re: ]
#633119
20/06/2008 17:14
20/06/2008 17:14
|
Burgess52
Unregistered
|
Burgess52
Unregistered
|
|
|
|
Re: Jeremy Clarkson just bought my Coupe!!!!
[Re: ]
#633124
20/06/2008 17:22
20/06/2008 17:22
|
Chis
Unregistered
|
Chis
Unregistered
|
|
|
|
Re: Jeremy Clarkson just bought my Coupe!!!!
[Re: Darlo_Nick]
#633142
20/06/2008 17:41
20/06/2008 17:41
|
Scooby
Unregistered
|
Scooby
Unregistered
|
At least the coop looks to be in one piece I'm going to take a guess and suggest that those photos were before the item was filmed 
|
|
|
Re: Jeremy Clarkson just bought my Coupe!!!!
[Re: Ed]
#633147
20/06/2008 17:53
20/06/2008 17:53
|
Scooby
Unregistered
|
Scooby
Unregistered
|
Damn, was hoping they were going to smash it to pieces 
|
|
|
Re: Jeremy Clarkson just bought my Coupe!!!!
[Re: Ed]
#633149
20/06/2008 17:55
20/06/2008 17:55
|
AlistairM
Unregistered
|
AlistairM
Unregistered
|
cool
I thought it'd been crushed?
|
|
|
Re: Jeremy Clarkson just bought my Coupe!!!!
[Re: ]
#633151
20/06/2008 17:57
20/06/2008 17:57
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,676 Didcot - Oxon
RusH
My life on the forum
|
My life on the forum
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,676
Didcot - Oxon
|
Nice overspray.
I even feel sorry for the poor car!
Coupe now sold!
|
|
|
Re: Jeremy Clarkson just bought my Coupe!!!!
[Re: RusH]
#633157
20/06/2008 18:08
20/06/2008 18:08
|
Nobby
Unregistered
|
Nobby
Unregistered
|
I actually quite like the colour..... 
|
|
|
Re: Jeremy Clarkson just bought my Coupe!!!!
[Re: ]
#633162
20/06/2008 18:12
20/06/2008 18:12
|
AlistairM
Unregistered
|
AlistairM
Unregistered
|
As its being wheeled in on a trolly do you suspect the car may have ceased to function?
|
|
|
Re: Jeremy Clarkson just bought my Coupe!!!!
[Re: RusH]
#633177
20/06/2008 18:29
20/06/2008 18:29
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,705 Harpenden
sugerbear
Je suis un Coupé
|
Je suis un Coupé
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,705
Harpenden
|
Nice overspray.
I even feel sorry for the poor car! Well the bonnet is an improvement on what it was. I can only say that whoever had it previously must have enjoyed driving as close to the gritting lorry as possible.
|
|
|
Re: Jeremy Clarkson just bought my Coupe!!!!
[Re: ]
#633184
20/06/2008 18:35
20/06/2008 18:35
|
eldinho
Unregistered
|
eldinho
Unregistered
|
I actually quite like the colour..... its better than the original colour 
|
|
|
Re: Jeremy Clarkson just bought my Coupe!!!!
[Re: ]
#633190
20/06/2008 18:43
20/06/2008 18:43
|
Nobby
Unregistered
|
Nobby
Unregistered
|
Right mister - thats a ban for you.... 
|
|
|
|