» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (barnacle, Jamjam12), 331 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,543
Posts1,340,431
Members1,785
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,520
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,294
PeteP 21,482
bockers 21,070
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,366
Edinburgh 16,660
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: 8th And last Coupe! [Re: chrissy] #706283
12/11/2008 09:42
12/11/2008 09:42

S
suba
Unregistered
suba
Unregistered
S

Chrissy - I know exactly what you are saying.

However if you buy a 20VT for a grand then by far the majority of them are going to be nails as they will not have been maintained properly. Rattles and clunks and squeaks need to be fixed on a regular basis, if you ignore any issues on the car then before you know it you will be driving a heap, and it does not take much for a coupe to look and feel pretty ropey.

The same can be said of cossies. There are plenty of Sapphires out there that are nails. Why? Because they are cheap to buy, and people buy them either without the money to maintain them, or because they dont care about maintaining a car that old. They are of the age now where they need a complete suspension overhaul etc. to feel like they were intended.

a few years ago a friend of mine bought a dog of a 20VT (which had only done 50K) for about a grand as a temporary car, despite my telling him not to having seen the car in the dark with him. I test drove it and it felt like a bag of crap...he sold it within two weeks.

Solo Italia are still selling LE's and Pluses for seven or eight grand in good condition.

Compare the car to an Integrale - they share most of the coupe's flaws, but they also are worth a lot more - so you dont see ropey ones on the road.

Your comments about what other drivers think are pretty dumb IMO. I have never been, and never will be, bothered about what other people think of the coupe. Have you ever tried to expain to a BMW enthusiast (sorry cosmo) that has never driven an Italian car what the experience is like? All you will get out of them is statistics and comments like 'it'll break down every day.' \:\)

Re: 8th And last Coupe! [Re: ] #706290
12/11/2008 09:49
12/11/2008 09:49
Germany
neil_r Offline
Enjoying the ride
neil_r  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Germany
Chrissy, you have had 8 different FIAT Coupes and it has taken you this long to work out that they cost you money?

No seriously, take any modern sports car, drive it hard everywhere, ignore those suspicious noises, and flog it on when it looks a bit tatty. Repeat the cycle a few times and 8-12 years later, say that the car is rubbish. What else would it be?

Why are the Turbos less reliable than the non-turbos. They share much of the construction of the more powerful version, but are not as highly stressed. So yes should be a bit more reliable. The other variable is that they were more likely to have been bought by people who were worried about the the extra complexity of a turbocharged car and they also do not drive the car to its limits. That was my choice. Yes the Turbo was in a different league, speedwise but, even in Germany, the extra top speed is hardly useable. The non-turbo seemed to handle better and I made my choice.

Since buying the car in early 1997, I have looked after it, and it has been nearly 100% reliable. The clutch pump went after 3 years and a coil pack went after 6 - neither time was I stranded. No other costs apart from tyres, brakes, exhausts and batteries. Obviously, I'm surrounded by friends and colleagues with German cars, and hardly any seem that reliable.

I don't feel like I'm driving a rust bucket, because mine still looks nearly new and it turns head just like my Jaguar (which are like hens teeth but respected in Germany - strange, I know). I don't think it is my handsome good looks that does it \:\) I would say mine has aged amazingly gracefully. Dynamically it is not as good as modern cars, but that is not expected. For its time it was very good, so is still acceptable.

As for comparative reliability, the ADAC has just released its customer satisfaction survey results. Remembering that Germans are very patriotic about their products, VW came near bottom. The rest were average.

I get the feeling you are comparing apples with a lemon. A car that was last produced in 2000 is, by definition, an "older" car. An old car can't be new or nearly new- contradiction in terms. A new Megane should feel new; something wrong if it does not. A 12 year old RX8 will also be worth very little when that time comes.

A very confusing post - I'm not at all sure what you are trying to say.

1997 20V
2000 V6 manual S-Type and 2011 5.0 XKR
2016 Tucson 1.6T AWD
2018 Mazda2 GT
Re: 8th And last Coupe! [Re: ] #706295
12/11/2008 09:57
12/11/2008 09:57

C
cosmograph
Unregistered
cosmograph
Unregistered
C

Quote:
Have you ever tried to expain to a BMW enthusiast (sorry cosmo) that has never driven an Italian car what the experience is like? All you will get out of them is statistics and comments like 'it'll break down every day.'

Yep, keep perpetuating the stereotypes, that will help enormously to a balanced discussion.

Have you thought that some BMW enthuiasts have owned an Italian car at some stage in their driving career. That's why they are now driving BMWs. Some folk don't value passion and soul as a substitute for engineering.

Personally speaking I never found much 'passion and soul' in the Coop, just an indecent level of straight line performance, a nice noise, exotic looks and hours of fun fiddling with it.

Re: 8th And last Coupe! [Re: ] #706302
12/11/2008 10:03
12/11/2008 10:03

S
suba
Unregistered
suba
Unregistered
S

Yes! hence the brackets in my post. \:\) I dont include you in that group - but it does undeniably exist!

Re: 8th And last Coupe! [Re: ] #706303
12/11/2008 10:04
12/11/2008 10:04
J
JimO Offline
Forum veteran
JimO  Offline
Forum veteran
J

Originally Posted By: cosmograph
Personally speaking I never found much 'passion and soul' in the Coop, just an indecent level of straight line performance, a nice noise, exotic looks

I would agree with that, although I never really found the noise that great either. Where as my GT had the italian "passion and soul", way more than the coop in my eyes.

Its all different strokes for different blokes I guess, if everyone was the same the place would a dull planet!

Re: 8th And last Coupe! [Re: ] #706313
12/11/2008 10:16
12/11/2008 10:16

A
AlanW
Unregistered
AlanW
Unregistered
A

Old cars cost money. New cars cost even more, end of.

Ain't that the truth

Re: 8th And last Coupe! [Re: ] #706458
12/11/2008 14:19
12/11/2008 14:19

M
MattW
Unregistered
MattW
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted By: suba
Yes! hence the brackets in my post. \:\) I dont include you in that group - but it does undeniably exist!

That group is represented by at least one in every workplace throughout the UK. \:P

Re: 8th And last Coupe! [Re: ] #706531
12/11/2008 16:20
12/11/2008 16:20

F
fellie
Unregistered
fellie
Unregistered
F

Yep, keep perpetuating the stereotypes, that will help enormously to a balanced discussion.

Have you thought that some BMW enthuiasts have owned an Italian car at some stage in their driving career. That's why they are now driving BMWs. Some folk don't value passion and soul as a substitute for engineering.

Personally speaking I never found much 'passion and soul' in the Coop, just an indecent level of straight line performance, a nice noise, exotic looks and hours of fun fiddling with it.

What Cosmo said .

And, I spent the weekend at Snetterton, with the bmw 5 series forum, all showed interest in the coupe, never asked how often it broke down, then proceeded to drive with 'passion and soul' in everything from a 2.0 auto ( 520e )to a 21 yr old track prepped M5 around Snetterton, showing many a newer car their heels..

The Coupe is far from dead, to say a VXR / Cupra / ST are suitable alternatives and ( PRETTY ) is madness .. they're hatchbacks with bodykits and fizzy engines ( ST aside, sounds crackin \:P ) . When they hit 12 years old, I doubt as many will exist in proportion to the Coupe at 12 yrs old due to the electronics used !

I love all cars, to ringfence yourself to one make is ridiculous.. they all have something unique to offer, I'd have another 5 series tomorrow if I needed it ( to replace the c4 picasso say ), doubt the coupe would leave my ownership though \:\) It was as much fun to drive as a Coupe, but in a different way, a competent cruiser, but scared hot hatches when allowed \:D

Anyways, put the tar brushes away, this forum is getting like Rolf Harris in an oil spill... ;\)

Re: 8th And last Coupe! [Re: ] #706547
12/11/2008 17:03
12/11/2008 17:03

R
roly
Unregistered
roly
Unregistered
R

Got about three posts down then zoomed to the bottom - so sorry if I'm repeating what's already been said.

BUT...

I owned two Coops for nearly six years, did around 60,000 miles and apart from one hose which 'Tourqueitalia' handily sorted cos it happened virtually on their doorstep, had no problems at all. Credit for this to the previous owners and SuperRog)...

You reap what you sow - there are good uns about that have had time and effort put into them which still give their owners a buzz. Buy an older, cheaper car and you can be stung - it's the same with any marque. I found out with the first Integrale I bought years ago and I'm not bitter about it cos I had four good other Lancias before and after.

I followed Big Mike's Coop last night and still thought it looked great. Great road presence, great performance, top sound - and you hardly see any of them about (this coming from someone who drives something even rarer).

Fair play to you for posting and stirring up a passionate reply or two. Sorry you feel let down but, please, don't have nightmares...

Re: 8th And last Coupe! [Re: chrissy] #706577
12/11/2008 17:36
12/11/2008 17:36

J
jmcc
Unregistered
jmcc
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted By: chrissy
its now classed as an older car

I think you'll find it should be referred to as either 'classic' (optimistic) or 'future classic'...

Re: 8th And last Coupe! [Re: ] #706675
12/11/2008 20:48
12/11/2008 20:48
Stoke-on-Trent duck!
T
Tommy_Coop23 Offline
My life on the forum
Tommy_Coop23  Offline
My life on the forum
T

Stoke-on-Trent duck!
Why do you care what audi tt/rx8 drivers think? At least you have the confidence and balls to do your own thing and not be a sheep/follow the crowd.....???

I'll be back smile

Alor Blue Seat Leon FR 180 atm smile
Re: 8th And last Coupe! [Re: Tommy_Coop23] #706685
12/11/2008 21:03
12/11/2008 21:03
burning oil in the alfa
whatmoretyres Offline
Forum is my job
whatmoretyres  Offline
Forum is my job

burning oil in the alfa
I'm not sure about worrying what anyone else thinks tbh, but I can see where crissy is coming from. If they were still making them, I might have bought another, but things move on so quick! New cars are now so much "better", and I don't mean that to be nasty, it's just progress.

Loved the coupe and wanted to keep it forever, but every dog has it's day and I think the sun is setting for lots of owners now.

If anyone has a proper minter, keep it and it'll soon start going up...as for the rest.....

Smart Fitness and GPS seller tongue
Re: 8th And last Coupe! [Re: whatmoretyres] #706702
12/11/2008 21:28
12/11/2008 21:28
Stoke-on-Trent duck!
T
Tommy_Coop23 Offline
My life on the forum
Tommy_Coop23  Offline
My life on the forum
T

Stoke-on-Trent duck!
New cars are not 'better', they are safer, have better ride quality and economy but i also find the majority of modern cars horribly dull, lifeless and they all seem to look the same as each other. I'm getting more and more into older/classic cars as they have so much soul and passion which is sorely lacking in modern cars, supercars etc aside. I drive many new cars for my job on a daily basis, and take brand new cars to customers homes etc, i find them all boring and same-old same-old, its such a relief when i climb into my coop on the way home at the end of the day and hear that 5 pot engine roaring :O) I really dont understand where crissy is coming from as the market value of a car matters very little now due to depreciation and the coop is one of the best looking cars i've ever seen alongside astons, porsches, ferrari's etc, far prettier and cooler that a dull tt and rx8. I still cant get over what incredible value for money these cars are as they look a million dollars and have so much kit in them. Anyway, rant over lol, i just love my coop to death.

I'll be back smile

Re: 8th And last Coupe! [Re: Tommy_Coop23] #706741
12/11/2008 22:38
12/11/2008 22:38

K
kyle
Unregistered
kyle
Unregistered
K

I am on my 4th coupe and i have now had a complete knob full of keeping on top of them, i have only done 10k in 2 years and have spent a fortune on them, but i just love the noise they make on full boost, and as for performance they wipe the floor with most cars on the road, i know its time to get rid of them but i just have not got the will to live with out one even if it is on my drive doing nothing, its just nice to say i have one and not had.

Re: 8th And last Coupe! [Re: ] #706774
12/11/2008 23:41
12/11/2008 23:41
North Wales
Theresa Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Theresa  Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Forum Fossil

North Wales
My Coupe has only let me down once in the 2 and a half years I've owned it and that was only a pipe coming off the turbo \:\)

It's a daily driver and only used mainly for short, sh!tty journeys, but it's been very reliable.

It was a bit of a dog when I bought it, with no history, etc, etc and it's still a bit of a dog, but who cares, I love it.

It's an 11 year old car that needs a bit of money spending on it now and again, so what? I'd expect that with any 11 year old car.

I don't expect it to go up in value and don't expect it to pay me back for what I've spent on it either - which hasn't been much, to be fair.

I intend to keep my Coupe until the day it dies or until the Alfa GT's come down to about 2K \:D

Until then, I'll treat it with the care and respect it deserves and I'm sure I'll get it back in return, as I have done so far \:\)

Re: 8th And last Coupe! [Re: Theresa] #706784
13/11/2008 00:40
13/11/2008 00:40

M
m4tty1
Unregistered
m4tty1
Unregistered
M

My coupes lets me down monthly - I have to run two of the sods to ensure I have a working car.

The amount I have spent on the cars over 18 months of ownership I recon I could of outright bought a 20K car.

However I would rather have burnt the cash !

I love the coupes they just hate me

Last edited by m4tty1; 13/11/2008 01:21. Reason: Bad grammar
Re: 8th And last Coupe! [Re: ] #706785
13/11/2008 00:42
13/11/2008 00:42
Watford
MarioCirillo Offline
Ex El Presidente
MarioCirillo  Offline
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Watford
well said mate

Proud Owner of Rosso Speed LE041
Re: 8th And last Coupe! [Re: MarioCirillo] #706817
13/11/2008 07:14
13/11/2008 07:14

N
ngspawn
Unregistered
ngspawn
Unregistered
N

my coupe is a nightmare too, now it has burned ecu and some other electric probs. It was solid only for the first month I bought it. However I like its looks and performance a lot. And I like to drive rare unusual car. I`m unlucky with it but I`m stubborn and believe I`ll finally have 300hp reliable coop.

Re: 8th And last Coupe! [Re: ] #706888
13/11/2008 09:14
13/11/2008 09:14
Berlin
barnacle Online happy
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
barnacle  Online Happy
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
Forum Demigod

Berlin
A side observation: in thirteen years I have spent perhaps a quarter of what I paid for the coupe in maintenance. In six months I have spent on daughters (slightly younger) punto slightly more than she paid for it.

Any old car will cost. Bits wear out. But if you like it and you can keep it going, why replace it with modern mundanity? the roads are generally too crowded to stretch even a 1400 these days; ultimate power and speed is so pointless an activity as to be beneath consideration in the purchase.

[Linked Image]
Don't get no respect! Coupe Fiat 1994-2000 - an owner's guide <-- clicky!
Re: 8th And last Coupe! [Re: barnacle] #707055
13/11/2008 12:41
13/11/2008 12:41
Manchester
GraemeC Offline
Competition Level
GraemeC  Offline
Competition Level

Manchester
Bought my coupe (98 S reg) in Jan 2001

Its never broken down and other than routine servicing/replacing parts worn out due to age mileage, its only needed two injectors, two wheel hub/bearings and a coil pack

Its certainly cost me far less than buying a new car every three years

Aside, a chap at work has a brand new Yaris - less than 15k on the clock and its had the clutch replaced three times! (and various other problems - its only on the road 50% of the time)

So much for new car/Jap reliability - you can sometimes be unlucky

It is hard to understand how a cemetery can raise burial rates and blame it on the cost of living
Re: 8th And last Coupe! [Re: GraemeC] #707113
13/11/2008 13:38
13/11/2008 13:38

M
MattW
Unregistered
MattW
Unregistered
M

One of my mates runs 2 japanese cars just to be sure that most of the time at least one of them will be working. When mine was off the road I just walked to work instead. \:D

The only problems I ever had were modification related, rather than general reliability.

Re: 8th And last Coupe! [Re: ] #707163
13/11/2008 15:10
13/11/2008 15:10
Pistonheads
B
Brewster Offline
Forum is my life
Brewster  Offline
Forum is my life
B

Pistonheads
I'm sorry, but I have to agree with Chrissy on a number of points. The reason I left Coupé ownership was because they are old, and they look and feel it too. I had no major breakdowns in either of mine and I spent the money to keep them maintained, but they're nearly all over a decade old now.

Yes they're fast, even by today's standards, but then so is a Nova with a red-top fitted and you won't catch me driving one of those. When I bought my first one they were still fresh looking, still had some value and felt unique. People knew you'd bought one because you'd thought about it. I could have easily spent the £7k on a decent Subaru or Evo, but I didn't. I wanted to be different. Unfortunately now, people aren't buying them for those reasons, but merely because you can't get more bang for banger money. The shine wore off for me and any niggles weren't quirks of the car that we're to be expected with Italian exotica, but because it's an old shed worth £1500.

Reading that back I realise it all makes me sound a bit of a snob, and I couldn't argue with anyone if they made that accusation. Unfortunately they just didn't feel special to me anymore which is why I've got the GT. I know it's not as fast but in every other way it makes me feel special. The way it looks, the admiring glances, the nice comments. All things I used to get in the Coupé but that had dried up in the last couple of years.

I know there are a lot of genuine owners out there that will look after their cars, keep them regardless and fair play to you all. If they make you happy then that's what being a petrolhead is all about. I have no doubt the Coupé will come out the other side of this, but it's not going to be for many years yet.

Re: 8th And last Coupe! [Re: Brewster] #707231
13/11/2008 17:19
13/11/2008 17:19

A
Akeme
Unregistered
Akeme
Unregistered
A

I own a 16 year old Mazda RX7.

The engine under the bonnet is probably considered one of the most fragile powerplants to make it into a production car.

Yet there are still thousands of them on the road and people are more than happy to continue keeping them that way, because they are great cars and will always be great cars wether they were built yesterday or are 50 years old.

The Fiat Coupe is a great car. Think of all the other dross that was in production when it first came out, and try and guess how many of them are now new cans of Heinz Beans. Most of the "throw away" cars being produced today can look forward to the same thing in 15 years time because if people moan about maintaining such a simple car as the Coupe, what will be it be like with the over complicated nonsense attached to many of the ordinary systems on a new 5-Series or Vectra?

Comparing an old 20vt to a new fast hatchback is pointless. Name me any "performance" car (please dont try and say that cooking 3-series, Mondeos or Audis fall into this bracket) that after 12-13 years, numerous different owners and 80-100k miles is going to be completely fault free with no major maintenance required. It just does not exist. Do you honestly think that in over a decade that the thousands of Focus ST's on the road will drive exactly the way they did when they drove out of the factory? I think not.

I used to be a car salesman, I have driven many different cars, ranging from a 1972 7.2 "Hemi" Jensen Interceptor to a 2006 Mercedes S500 with a 123hp Modified Smart Car in between. I have owned many performance cars, one of them being a 330hp 1998 Fiat Coupe. Now i have the car i mentioned at the start. Both of them rank much higher in my standing than a Megane CC (yes i have driven one). At the end of the day i have settled for the car that provided me with the biggest feeling of happiness and excitement whenever i look, drive and repair it. Some people buy a car because they can drive fast in it, some buy a vehicle that impresses people and some couldnt care less as long as it moves. Its all down to what you want from your "car" and it sounds as if you want something that feels new and needs no attention to get the best out of it, maybe a good comparison would be someone who prefers a new build flat over a 1920's cottage, both have their pros and cons.

If i had the choice in 1996 of a new Fiat Coupe or a new ST/VXR/GTI or any comparable "modern" performance car, i would pick the coupe every time.

Re: 8th And last Coupe! [Re: Brewster] #707234
13/11/2008 17:25
13/11/2008 17:25
Castle Combe
Flea Offline
Forum is my life
Flea  Offline
Forum is my life

Castle Combe
A well sorted coupé that has been looked after shouldn't give too many problems. By problems I mean the real show stoppers, not the odd little niggle here and there. If you maintain it well then it's going to be fine. Nigel's car is a perfect example for the simple reason he does 20-30,000 miles a year in a very fast coupe and in terms of pure mechanics what goes wrong?

My coupe is very fast, indeed it's about to get a little faster, but more than this it looks fast. Only yesterday, a chap walking by in the car park said out of the blue "Nice motor", the kids on their bikes riding past later stopped and chatted. I live in a nice part of Bristol, these are not your "fast n furious" fanboys, they simply see a fast looking car that looks nice. I see it too, I recently had the pleasure of being followed by my very own coupe. The headlights were on as dusk approached, the nose was set low looking poised and ready to strike. More than this it exudes a sophisticated charm, enough to cause grown men and women to circle the car trying to find out what it is (no badges ;\) )

Quite simply, there are some rough as sh** coupes out there, but the really nice ones... well, they are still something special.

[Linked Image]

Re: 8th And last Coupe! [Re: Flea] #707237
13/11/2008 17:28
13/11/2008 17:28

S
suba
Unregistered
suba
Unregistered
S

\:\) \:\) \:\)

Re: 8th And last Coupe! [Re: ] #707243
13/11/2008 17:50
13/11/2008 17:50

L
lickyl
Unregistered
lickyl
Unregistered
L

If you don't like coupes leave, bye.

Re: 8th And last Coupe! [Re: Brewster] #707313
13/11/2008 20:37
13/11/2008 20:37
Manchester
GraemeC Offline
Competition Level
GraemeC  Offline
Competition Level

Manchester
Brewster - I agree if the coupe no longer feels special to you, then yes its time to leave

As for £1,500 sheds on the road - I'll give them less than 2 years before they are all broken beyond economical repair.

Is it likely that a person buying a £1,500 coupe is going to have or be willing to spend the £100's required for a new cambelt, oil cooler & pipes, radiator, suspension - all jobs which, if they havent all been done, need doing asap (and who's going to sell you a coupe for £1,500 with all this lot already done?)

You cant run a coupe on a shoestring or it will break and you cant cut corners if you want to modify a coupe - both have been proved many many times on this forum

I know my coupe is very well maintained and, having done all the '10 year old' jobs (oil cooler & pipes, 2nd cambelt, radiator, manifold, suspension etc.) I fully expect my coupe to give me another 5 years without any major expenditure.

It is hard to understand how a cemetery can raise burial rates and blame it on the cost of living
Re: 8th And last Coupe! [Re: GraemeC] #707500
14/11/2008 08:55
14/11/2008 08:55

C
circolo
Unregistered
circolo
Unregistered
C

Originally Posted By: GraemeC

Is it likely that a person buying a £1,500 coupe is going to have or be willing to spend the £100's required for a new cambelt, oil cooler & pipes, radiator, suspension - all jobs which, if they havent all been done, need doing asap

Why not, I did?

Low mileage Coupe 20vt bought a few years back now.

I didn't spend a great deal of cash on mine at the asking price when I bought it. I knew the oil cooler pipes were corroded, and manifold would need a replacement, and exhaust would need to be replaced too, and the all important cambelt change. Plus a few other less important parts needed doing.

But, they were all replaced and repaired. And now, like many others on here, the Coupe is in far better condition than it ever was, both mechanically and cosmetically.

But again, isn't that the difference between the car-enthusiast, and just a car-owner?

\:\)

Re: 8th And last Coupe! [Re: ] #707617
14/11/2008 11:46
14/11/2008 11:46
Manchester
GraemeC Offline
Competition Level
GraemeC  Offline
Competition Level

Manchester
 Originally Posted By: circolo
But again, isn't that the difference between the car-enthusiast, and just a car-owner?

Exactly - your "£1,500 shed" is no longer a £1,500 shed as you've probably spend £1,500 getting it back into good condition

My post was more aimed at people who buy a £1,500 shed, thrash the crap out and wont or cant spend the money doing the required jobs - those coupes will soon be off the road

Coupes owned by enthusiasts will continue for a long time yet and still look good compared to most modern cars

Re: 8th And last Coupe! [Re: GraemeC] #707726
14/11/2008 14:27
14/11/2008 14:27
Stoke-on-Trent duck!
T
Tommy_Coop23 Offline
My life on the forum
Tommy_Coop23  Offline
My life on the forum
T

Stoke-on-Trent duck!
I've owned my coop since May 2008 and havent had a single problem with it, all i've done to it is taken it for a full service and i just check the oil, coolant, tire pressures on a regular basis, it runs superbly, i cant believe how well it runs actually, very impressed :O) Only thing i have is a slight squeal on cold start up but this only occurs in cold weather, never does it in the summer, probably the starter motor staying engaged or a belt needs tightening but otherwise abs bullet proof :O)

I'll be back smile

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5