» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Echodelta), 135 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,641
Posts1,341,440
Members1,814
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,568
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,304
PeteP 21,524
bockers 21,071
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,367
Edinburgh 16,851
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Excellent write up..... [Re: Tommy_Coop23] #750488
18/01/2009 21:54
18/01/2009 21:54

D
DanDan
Unregistered
DanDan
Unregistered
D

Yeah tell me about it. That was the result of a 10 hour trek across Wales. Cleaned her since but she still looks the same, bloody winter!

Well i did almost buy your car (symonh) , and when you said you were keeping it i was gutted. So got one identical ;\)

Re: Excellent write up..... [Re: ] #750494
18/01/2009 22:01
18/01/2009 22:01

S
symonh2000
Unregistered
symonh2000
Unregistered
S

Originally Posted By: DanDan
Yeah tell me about it. That was the result of a 10 hour trek across Wales. Cleaned her since but she still looks the same, bloody winter!

Well i did almost buy your car (symonh) , and when you said you were keeping it i was gutted. So got one identical ;\)

I will be keeping it a while longer yet too...

It is in for a new clutch on thursday after this one started juddering.

So you saved yourself the cost of that by not buying it.

Re: Excellent write up..... [Re: ] #750506
18/01/2009 22:24
18/01/2009 22:24

D
DanDan
Unregistered
DanDan
Unregistered
D

haha \:\) already spent plenty of this one since i bought it, with a clutch next on the cards too. I would have been expecting a few jobs to be done \:\)

Re: Excellent write up..... [Re: ] #750649
19/01/2009 04:52
19/01/2009 04:52

B
biggbn
Unregistered
biggbn
Unregistered
B

Originally Posted By: MattW
I prefer the ads that are so long that most people cant be bothered reading through the whole thing. The seller is almost as important as the car, to me.

spot on..i only try and buy nice cars from nice people...cos its nice people who own nice cars....and my ebay adverts over the years have been fairly comical....i actually had one guy leave a comment on my 928 advert when i sold it asking if i was a writer..haha..with this punctuation and lack of structure...my 928 ad..!!

requiem for a heavyweight.....

ever met a retired heavyweight boxer..a champion....a tyson, a lewis, a holmes.???...they put on a few pounds here and there, let the middle aged spread, well, spread i guess.....yet under it all, you know that there is still immense, nullifying power....sure the reflexes have slowed down, dulled by the passing of time, the lithe, effortless grace is no longer apparent, but you know that he could get up on his toes for one more round if he had too, you know he has that burst of speed, that sudden burst of energy that will leave his contenders trailing in his wake.....he just cant put it together for the full 15 rounds anymore...and hell, he doesnt have to.

..in his time, he was the man..the undisputed champion..those that thought they could compete were clinically dispatched, those that did compete went life and death and were left battered and bruised...when his fans spy him today, they still speak in hallowed tones, point and whisper..'there he is..remember when he was top of the tree..jeez, that was a sight to see...'..they dont care that his suits are now a little threadbare, that he no longer dresses in armani or boss, that his muscle tone aint what it was..they just remember the glory days..the days when he ruled the division with an iron fist...

.....but im not talking about a boxer here, truth be told....im talking about my 928.....sure it cant do 170mph anymore, and maybe some of its 319 ponies have jumped the fence and went off to pastures new, but its still got the heavyweight champions ambience, people still point and whisper....people regard the old scoundrel with a fondness, even though its a bit down at heel and has a few bruises and scratches here and there.....but like any heavyweight champion...not many people wanna engage it in a streetfight..even now..cos they can remember what used to be......ladies and gentlemen, i give you the ex heavyweight champion of the world...the 928....

Re: Excellent write up..... [Re: ] #753094
21/01/2009 22:30
21/01/2009 22:30

M
MSP
Unregistered
MSP
Unregistered
M

A reminder. Less than 3 days to go, no bids, reserve price safely not reached. Come on people!

Of course, I'd have it me self....if I didn't have one already...with FSH...and Tax....and test...oh, and a folder of biblical proportions listing every bit of work carried out. Forgot to mention leather, air con etc....

Mind you - this one is a FAST CAR

Page 2 of 2 1 2