» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 204 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,543
Posts1,340,440
Members1,785
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,521
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,296
PeteP 21,482
bockers 21,070
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,366
Edinburgh 16,662
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Project 400bhp - 16v Turbo #791338
10/03/2009 10:38
10/03/2009 10:38
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
Here is my story of my coupe that i have been building for some time. Some of you will know the coupe well, whilst others of you won't be aware of this project at all, so let me begin.

Back in October 2005 i bought a yellow 16v off ebay with 130,000 miles on the clock, which didn't start and had a broken gearbox for £1000. This wasn't a problem as i had a spare gearbox from my tipo sedicivalvole, and the starting problem i thought would be an easy fix. Well starting it turned out to be harder than i thought, even after Barnacle drove round half the M25 to come and help but the car wouldn't start. Begbie snr had another look and discovered that the rotor arm on the inside was broken, allowing it to turn by hand, meaning the timing was out, a quick change and the coupe started for the first time, but it was short lived, as the plan was to take the coupe 16vt engine out of the tipo and to put it into the coupe, with the coupe engine going into the tipo to put it back to standard.

The coupe looked like this before i got my hands onto it:

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

So the n/a engine was taken out and the turbo engine was slotted in with ease, which also gave me a chance to tidy up the front end, which you can see on the slam panel and other bits in a fresh black gloss paint

As you can see the rocker cover had gone a rubbish over the past couple of years, so gave that a once over to match the colour of the coupe

Attention got diverted away from the engine for a bit and concentrated on replacing the brake compensator on the rear and the solid brake lines that run along the rear of the subframe. With the subframe dropped, i noticed that the underseal on where the subframe bolts to the chassis, had managed to allow water to settle and creep in, so armed with the angle grinder, the underseal was taken off and then painted up in black hammerite

click to enlarge click to enlarge

After a couple of coats of black hammerite, i also treated the rear wheel arches to some yellow hammerite, just to tidy things up and try and help the dreaded rust getting any worse

Next up, was some more money spent on the front end, with braking and suspension being fiddled with. A set of FK coilovers and 4 pot brembo conversion from the integrale was bought from Barbz @ Torqueitalia, with some powerflex wishbone bushes which were purchased elsewhere, i also stole my Oz Superleggra of the tipo and put them onto the coupe

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

The coupe was nearly read to hit the road, as this was around April / May 2006, so more hammerite later various bits in the engine bay were painted up, inlet manifold, fuel pressure regulator, fuel rails, throttle body and top mounts

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

Next up, was fitting the FMIC which was purchased through a group buy on the forum and using some pipework given to me from my old work, with various samco hoses, the FMIC was ftted without the pipework having to run under the radiator

The coupe was ready and this is how it looked when it got tax, mot and insurance

So 6 weeks of relative bliss free driving, and a couple of thousand miles under the belt, she was going fine, then a friend of mine said there was a Rolling Road day down at Surrey Rolling Road, so took the opportunity to get a power output (power + torque, power + boost, power + fuelling)

As you can see the fuelling was off and a week later, diaster struck, i put a hole in piston 3 whilst at a Gatwick coupe meet, but wasn't known to me at the time, as she was getting a spanking and continued to do so, but it was when i stopped that i noticed a problem, the interior cabin was filling with smoke and she sounded like a Subaru, bugger frown So got the car home and proceeded to take the head off, to be greeted by

click to enlarge

This now kick started off my rebuilding of the engine. I had sourced a spare block and head whilst rebuilding the coupe when i got it, for the plans to make big power, but with the piston gone, it brought the project forward a bit. Whilst various engine bits were being stripped, cleaned or purchased, i bought some new wheels for the coupe, which are Compomotive Mo's

The spare engine, was stripped down, as the engine in the coupe had scored the bore slightly, so was easier to do things and also gave me an insight on what when where etc.. With reading the integrale forum on and off over the years, there was a group buy going on for new cranks with shells, so jumped at the chance and got a brand new crank, along with some CP pistons (8.5:1 CR) and Pauter rods that were in need of a refrubishment from Tipoboy

Stocked up with various bits and after speaking to sedicirich, there was only man for the job of rebuilding to my engine Guy Croft. So off i went to Lincoln with my engine in bits and the head in bits, i handed everything over to GC and let him work his magic and other bits chucked in, like C&B cams, GC's own cam pulley's, his prototype race valve guides, triple valve springs, basically quite a sum of money laugh The photo's below are from GC and his various work that was carried out on the head etc.. (there are loads more photo's of the work he carried out, this is just a selection of some of them)

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

With all the work being carried out by GC, i started on the interior of the car, by removing loads of things in preparation for fitting the rollcage i had bought previously before the engine decided to go bang. The rear seats, front seats, carpet, sound deadening, A, B and C trim all removed, head lining and dashboard were all taken out to fit the 10 point OMP rollcage

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

With the rollcage trial fitted, it was time to paint it up, in guess what? More yellow hammerite! hehe

The rollcage plates were welded in, the sound deading was cleaned up on the floor of the coupe and with some jiggling about, the cage was eased into the coupe, welded to the plates and fitted reasonably well into the car. The end result means if i jack the front wheel up, the rear wheel lifts up too

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

Some interior tidying up followed, with the fitting of 4 point harnesses, group buy seats and some trimming on the door cards to allow the door to shut properly without fouling on the rollcage

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

Engine is now ready to be collected from GC, so steal Begbie snr marea estate and make the jaunt back upto Lincoln to get the engine, and also a Helix 6 paddle clutch. During this engine build time, i took the chance and bought a 20vt 6 speed box to fit to the engine, and by luck, the gearbox fitted, but required some grinding on the side of the gearbox to clear the water jacket on the engine

Now putting the engine into the car with the 6 speed box, it then becomes apparent, that due to the width of the 20vt engine, the gearbox is approx 1" short of the engine mount, this wasn't too much of a problem and managed to move the mount out slightly, but the problems were the driveshafts and the possibility that custom driveshafts would have to be made, so the 6 speed box on a 16v engine was abandoned and sold the gearbox and gear linkages on, with the old 5 speed 16vt gearbox going back on.

Not else happened for a few months as it was winter and was getting bored of working outside, but after a cash injection, i stocked up on a few more parts, being a tubular manifold, GT3076 Turbo, Tial 38mm external wastegate, 2nd hand MoTeC M48 Pro, fuel swirl pot, wider oil cooler and a spesso exhaust manifold gasket

Originally Posted by Jonny - After being taken out at Spa
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
Re: Project 400bhp - 16v Turbo [Re: Begbie] #791362
10/03/2009 11:02
10/03/2009 11:02
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
(odd, not all of the post showed)

It was now time to trial fitting these parts to see what would be needed. So on went the turbo and exhaust manifold, to find my downpipe wasn't going to be a straight bolt on job and the oil cooler required some jiggery pokery to fit and will probably make something up to duct air to it as the angle is now different

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

The turbo needed extra bits to fit, so a trip to Think Automotive to get various hoses, oil lines and bolts to fit to the turbo, as well as making a start on the fuel system in the boot. The fuel system is now a normal coupe fuel pump, which pumps fuel into the swirl pot, from here a bosch 044 external fuel pump then takes the fuel from the swirl pot and delivers it to the engine.

With the turbo in place, it was time to build up around it. The pro alloy radiator i had made up (from another group buy) found to be slightly wrong and i couldn't be bothered to chase it up for it to be corrected, so had to chop the top brackets that hold the radiator in place to allow it to fit. The water hoses were fitted with samco in place, a 4" K&N cone filter and SIP was ordered and fitted too

The car was close to starting, and there was one final piece left, the wiring loom for the MoTeC. Sedicirich kindly gave me a coupe 16vt loom along with each wire being numbered as to which wire it needs to go to on the MoTeC wiring loom, so it was a case of just soldering all the wires together smile

December 2008, after some trail and error on the MoTeC map and a couple of phone calls to who is going to map the car, i get a file to upload to the MoTeC and this happens

So that pretty much sums up my project. It's taken nearly 4 years, quite a chunk of money, been plenty of high's, lows and complaints and the car is currently residing on sedicirich's driveway, after another gearbox change and a subframe refresh to come (New bushes, new trailing arms bearings, Novitec anti-roll bar) then it's off to OJZ engineering on April 6th for the exhaust work, then over to G&G motorsport for the mapping.

Re: Project 400bhp - 16v Turbo [Re: Begbie] #814366
15/04/2009 14:45
15/04/2009 14:45
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
Time for an update on what is going on with the project. Since sedicirich has been in courtesy of the coupe, i've been making the trek up to Rich's over the past few weekends, finishing off various bits and pieces that i didn't get time to finish at mine.

As Rich posted in the discussion thread, the rear subframe has had a complete overhaul. This was dropped off, the solid bushes from 13ad13oy were fitted, the trailing arm bearings were replaced and finally fitted the Novitec rear anti-roll bar from the year long group buy that Taz did. The anti-roll bar is also 23mm in thickness, which is in-between the 22mm / 24mm of the whiteline bar that is offered.

The gearbox was also replaced, as there was a crack in the bell housing where the clutch arm lever was, Rich was concerned that this would get worse and eventually fail with double the power running through it, so Rich gave me his 16v turbo gearbox that was going to be from his coupe race car project. Replacing the gearbox was a pig of a job and would have been easier to drop the engine and fit the new one, rather than leaving the engine in place and working around everything to get the gearbox in / out.

click to enlarge

With the new gearbox in place, the next problem that occurred was that the driveshafts were too short, which was confusing, as i had managed to run this setup before. A bit of investigation revealed that because the driveshaft was too short, it had pulled the outer CV joint off the driveshaft slightly and had twisted the splines, which means the driveshaft is fit for the bin. I managed to get a turbo driveshaft from countrycruising and went to fit it to realise, that whilst it was the right length, the outside face of the turbo CV joint, didn't fit on the bearing of the N/A hub, leaving us with another problem. Armed with various driveshafts between myself and Rich, we tried various ones that we had to had from the tipo / coupe / marera and these wouldn't fit. The solution is to get turbo hubs and suspension, which will allow fitment of the turbo driveshafts, but this is going to delaying the mapping by GG Motorsport.

Otherwise, the car is ready to run now. A few bits need changing, like the fuels lines for one, as the rubber hoses will perish away in no time, so these will have to be changed to braided items, but this is part of the snag list i have. The main concern is to get the car running / MOT / Taxed / Insured.

click to enlarge

The coupe was at OJZ Engineering over the Easter holiday and Lance has whipped the exhaust manifold off, welded on the Tial 38mm Wastegate, modified the downpipe to fit the GT3076 turbo, plumped the external wastegate back into downpipe and added an extra bracket at the back of the exhaust, as it was hanging a bit low. Lance will guarantee his work that he has done, apart from the work on the manifold, as this will fail, so when it does fail, it will be back to OJZ Engineering to get a manifold made up that will be guaranteed not to fail and at a reasonable price too!

So this is where I am at the moment, a car that is with GG Motorsport, but unable to run on the dyno yet, due to driveshaft issues, but hopefully some cold start mapping will be able to be done, and sorting out various connectors / minor wiring of the boost control valve, before being run on the dyno around the beginning of May.

Re: Project 400bhp - 16v Turbo [Re: Begbie] #825060
03/05/2009 14:20
03/05/2009 14:20
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
On Friday, i went up to G&G Motorsport in Lincoln to swap the whole front end over to 16v turbo items, so i had bought turbo FK dampers, 16v turbo hubs, discs, calipers, track rod ends and also outer CV boots to put on the driveshafts. You can see below the difference between the N/A and Turbo driveshaft

click to enlarge

I spent all day doing this and Phil was of great help, giving me a hand when needed, as well as answer all my random questions about mapping, what to do with the engine, how he got into it etc.. An idea of what Phil has in the workshop at the moment, his girlfriends 106 having a full rollcage put in, a mini with a civic type r engine in the back, a MK1 golf with a Rover V8 in it, just waiting for the twin turbo's to be put on, and a Noble love shame the build quality isn't that great on the Noble, self tapping screws everywhere!!

I took some photo's of OJZ Engineering work that they did and all i can is, that it is beautiful! laugh The downpipe has been cut and a new piece put on all together and mated up to the turbo, so no need for the extra flange that i bought.

Final pic outside G&G motorsport of the coupe having the front end being swapped over. Note that the rear wheel is completely off the floor even though the front end of the car has been jacked up.

click to enlarge

Phil is currently having his rolling road installed over the next week, so fingers crossed, the coupe should be on there in the not to distant future woohoo

Re: Project 400bhp - 16v Turbo [Re: Begbie] #865824
13/07/2009 11:28
13/07/2009 11:28
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
Well, after reporting that Phil was having issues with the random popping through the exhaust, various things were tried. The ECU was sent back to MoTeC and they reported no problems with it, it could be down to the crank sensor wire, not being fully shielded thus causing the ECU to see rogue signals and think it was firing on a different stroke, but it seems it might have been down to the MAP sensor not reading at all, not sure how or why, but the end plan will be to make my own loom up from scratch, as Phil is not happy with the loom and said it will fail at some point. Phil could make up a new loom, but at a cost that i can't spare at the moment.

Phil has run the engine in now, the smoke has cleared a bit out of the exhaust and the car is half mapped at the moment. Phil might have it finished by the end of the week, and i can't wait! Will make a nice 30th Birthday present for me! laugh

Re: Project 400bhp - 16v Turbo [Re: Begbie] #866879
15/07/2009 08:26
15/07/2009 08:26
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
Next problem rolleyes (This tuning malarkey isn't what it cracked up to be)

So, whilst i thought i would be getting the car back soon, there has been another delay frown When Phil started to map the car with boost, the boost pipes blew off. This would be down to no beading around the pipes, so it would just slide off. I think Phil got a little frustrated by this, as every pipe blew off, twice! smile

The other problem is that there is still a problem with the wiring loom, as when Phil managed to get the car to hold boost (actuator pressure) the map would go weird and do some very strange things, then revert back to where it was, so a new loom is needed regardless, Phil can not work around this.

So after a couple of hours of being annoyed and chatting to sedicirich about what to do, the plan is that Phil makes some new boost pipes up for me, with beading around it and some new silicon hoses (so my old setup could be up for sale soon), with me making up a custom loom. I will be visiting the car on the way to TOTB to take the loom out, so i can use it to make the correct lengths on the loom.

Now to me, this is a bit of a challenging task (to me anyway, E in electronics at GCSE) but i have taken the MoTeC wiring diagram and mocked up my own of how it should look, with my masterpiece is MSPaint looking something like this:

click to enlarge

I'm sure this needs a few corrections and it also needs the boost valve adding in. Anyone know where i can buy the multi-pin relay that lives on the bulkhead? Google hasn't been that useful for me frown

Re: Project 400bhp - 16v Turbo [Re: Begbie] #874808
31/07/2009 13:29
31/07/2009 13:29
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
An update for you all and not a great one at that either frown

My luck isn't particullay great as we know, but it's taken a turn for the worse. Currently my engine is out of the car and back with Guy Croft due to a combination of problems. Firstly, the exhaust manifold i bought from http://www.scara73.it/ is really quite poor and has caused a lot of back pressure in the engine, combined with an injector in cylinder 3 that was flowing 3% less fuel than the rest, has resulted in a excessive temprature in the cylinder and caused the exhaust valves to melt as well as spark tip going walk abouts.

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

So you can see Phil is getting some practice on the flow bench at Guy Croft's and can see which bend in the manifold is causing the problem. The manifold was then attached to a standard head and flow tested. The result's are very clear to see. A bare standard head flowed 111CFM and with the manifold on, it's flow 30%+ less, which anyone can see, is a big loss, now add on the fact i have had the head worked on by Guy, i would be suffering with even more of a loss / back pressure.

Last Saturday i went up to Lincoln on the way to TOTB to drop the engine out, so it could be given to Guy and could be opened up with an analysis done on the engine. Well the results of this are:

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

The pictures speak for themselves really, and to say i'm gutted, is an understatement. Thankfully Guy and Phil have both been sympathetic and accomodating to what has happened and no one is blame here. This is not the first time Guy has seen this, but a first on one of his engines.

Guy has done a report on all of this and allowed me to publish it.

Originally Posted By: Guy Croft
ENGINE STATUS AT DATE

Head removed complete. Piston/rod assemblies removed.

DAMAGE OBSERVED

Overheating:
Cyl 3: cyl burned spark plug, ex port severely overheated, both ex valves burned thru, ring seizure, piston top land severe scoring.
Scuffing and scoring:
Cyl 3&4 top rings severely abraded and scuffed esp at ends. All cylinders scuffing on skirts and bores inlet side and bearings upper shell only esp cyl no. 3.

Loss of preload on head bolts esp around cyl 3, fire ring leakage.

CAUSES

1. Overheating:
Primary damage caused by chronic backpressure in the ex header most notably cyls 3 & 4 and quite possibly the proximity of the header to head. On flowtest the header showed up to 32% loss of flow on cyls 3,4 compared with head bare port flow of 111cfm – std 16v ex port. The pipe diameters are too small, pipes are not matched for length (which could easily have led to damaging cyl-cyl interference), cyls 3 & 4 pipes notably have a severe intrusion into the gas stream at header entry and generally the bend radii are far too small.
The backpressure will be worse if the turbocharger is actually mismatched to the engine. Ignition timing un-calibrated eg: severly over-retarded will also cause cylinder and ex system overheat very quickly. The tendency to overheat would be compounded in cyl 3 where the injector was 3% out of calibration and under-injecting. The loom itself may have contributed (cannot substantiate).
(The engine showed no evidence of detonation because it was never run under sufficient load).

2. Abrasion and scuff
Primary damage caused by injector bore wash potentially from running of engine un-calibrated - in this case very over-rich. On FI engines ‘injector bore wash’ is typically found - as in this case - on the inlet side of the bores. Chronic exhaust backpressure prevents effective cylinder purging ie: creates excessive in-cylinder residual contamination and can in itself cause the same phenomenon. (Bore washing also causes chronic fuel contamination of the engine oil - which appears (judging by the smell of the oil) to be the case. Naturally the gasoline will boil off after a while but by then the damage is done).

3. Piston scoring upper land
Secondary (consequential) damage caused by debris from burned plug, valves, abraded rings and high volume of carbon residuals.

4. Loss of preload
Caused by extreme thermal cycling

This report has been compiled with due diligence but may be subject to update pending further strip and inspection. Photographs supplied separately.

Guy Croft

Last edited by Begbie; 03/08/2009 09:28. Reason: GC has seen this before...

Re: Project 400bhp - 16v Turbo [Re: Begbie] #887980
24/08/2009 10:56
24/08/2009 10:56
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
It seems that Guy that been busy cracking on with the engine rebuild. First of, the crank and rods are fine with no damage done to them, so that is a relief for a start!

As you can see, the block has had a new lick of paint on it as the stuff that was on there was getting a little tired and flaky. You can also see that the top of the engine has been skimmed, the bores have been re-honed and is just waiting re-assembly.

So far Guy has done the following :

STRIP 16V BLOCK INSPECTION OF PISTONS, RINGS, BORES, CRANK, RODS HEADER TEST & FAILURE REPORT, 5HRS
BLOCK RE-HONE AT 240 GR FOR CP RACE RINGS AND PRE-CLEAN
BLOCK REFACE (3 THOU BOWED IN PLACES, 7THOU TO CLEAN)
BLOCK POST-REFACE DEBURR, FULL CLEAN TO RTB & PAINT (NO DECARB)
PISTONS GC 84.50
RINGS CP RACE TO ABOVE
CRANK CLEAN AND POLISH
STRIP HEAD
HEAD DECARBONISE, CLEAN & INSPECT
HEAD CRACK TEST

Lots of new parts :

BRGS MAIN, ROD, THRUST
HEAD GASKET SPLIT FIRE RINGS SPESSO
HEAD BOLTS OE SET
VALVES INLET OE X 2 TBA
VALVES EX OE X 2 (1 ALLOC)
PLUGS BAL SHAFT REAR X 2 OE
SEAL CRANK FRONT & BAL SHAFT INLET OE
SEAL CRANK REAR
SEAL BAL SHAFT EX SIDE
SEAL PERIPHERAL CAM COVER TBA
O RINGS CAM COVER X 4
SEALS VALVE STEM OE
SEALS CAM PAIR OE
GASKETS CAM END PLATE X 2
GASKET INLET MAN NOT AVAL FROM OE OR SPESSO TBA
GASKET EX MAN AS ABOVE
GASKET THERMOSTAT HOUSING GC MADE
GASKET OIL FILTER HSG OE
GASKET OIL PUMP
GASKET SUMP
GASKET CRANK REAR SEAL HSG
GASKET CRANK FRONT SEAL HOUSING
GASKET WATER PUMP
GASKETS BALANCE SHAFT SEAL HSG X 2 OE
GASKET BREATHER
SEAL BREATHER - REUSE
GASKET BLOCK END PLATE TBA
SEAL DIPSTICK - REUSE
SHIMS OE SPEC X 16

What's left to do / in progress :

VALVE SEAT WORK - NEW KS SINTERED INSERTS CC 3 COST TBA
REFACE HEAD
HEAD POST-REFACE DEBURR, CLEAN TO BUILD
VALVES CRACKTEST 12 OFF
VALVES BEADBLAST AND REGRIND, STEM POLISH 12 OFF NOT CYL 3 (JUNK)
BUILD SHORT UNIT

So as you can see, Guy has been a busy man!

Going back to the exhaust manifold / flow issue. A couple of weeks back Guy sent me a couple of photo's of a 8V head and exhaust attached to it. The results of the head flow was 90CFM and with the exhaust bolted onto the head and flowed again, the results were 90CFM.

Re: Project 400bhp - 16v Turbo [Re: Begbie] #908659
29/09/2009 13:46
29/09/2009 13:46
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
Engine is nearly done, the head will be going back on today! Guy, as always sends me lots of photograph's of the work being done with all the new parts and checks that he does (in the photo's he is checking for crankshaft play or crank walk if you read the MLR forum)

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

A trip to Lincoln will be in order again to get the engine back into the car. From here, it will have to go to OJZ engineering for the manifold to be made up, then back to Phil for the mapping. Phil is also making a loom up for me at a very good price, as he is getting bored of looking at my car without it going anywhere laugh

Re: Project 400bhp - 16v Turbo [Re: Begbie] #959761
02/01/2010 14:47
02/01/2010 14:47
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
Only a small update from me on this. Phil picked up the engine from Guy Croft before Christmas and now has possession of it.

Phil is going to make the loom on the engine whilst the engine is out of the car, making his life a lot easier to do, but we have changed ECU's now. After discussing it with Phil, we have decided to go for a newer ECU and decided on a DTA S60. why? Well it's a newer ECU so has a better algorithm, plus it has many outputs that control everything i.e. tacho, boost control, fan, fuel pump etc.. and still leave me with 3 aux feeds that can be used for something else that i may want. The DTA also comes with TC, LC and Anti-Lag so may look into these options at a later day. The ECU will also do away with the wasted spark setup and allow direct ignition coils (similar to a 20vt). I can sell my MoTeC for more than i paid for the DTA, so will recover my money back.

Other than that, the car is booked in the 2nd week of Feb with OJZ Engineering to have the manifold made up, then after that, it's mapping laugh

Re: Project 400bhp - 16v Turbo [Re: Begbie] #976873
01/02/2010 20:17
01/02/2010 20:17
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
Car is now at OJZ engineering spending the week there getting the manifold made up. I went up today to speak with Lance and come up with an idea on how the manifold will bend / where the collector will be / turbo will sit.

After a few trial locations, the turbo is staying where it is, but the top of the flange is being pointed towards the radiator, allowing enough room for the collector to be made as well as trying to give some clearance from the cam cover. Lance had already made a part and was on the car this morning smile

Other pic is of the new trigger wheel for the DTA, it's just a 36 tooth one at the moment, the -1 will happen later.

Whilst i was up in Lincoln, i collected the exhaust vales that caused the engine failure and well, you can see the results :

Re: Project 400bhp - 16v Turbo [Re: Begbie] #981894
10/02/2010 09:49
10/02/2010 09:49
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
A week later and the car is now back at Phil's, after Lance spent a week doing the manifold, relocating the turbo to a different place again, with the downpipe being re-created and the external wastegate being placed elsewhere. The finished results are below (Photo's courtesy of Phil) :

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

Re: Project 400bhp - 16v Turbo [Re: Begbie] #1044520
29/05/2010 09:59
29/05/2010 09:59
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
Yesterday i was back up in Lincoln to re-assemble some more of the engine bay, but this time i had a couple of helping hands with me, being MarioCirllio and Marco20vavleT. They kindly offered their services to me at Brooklands and i took them up on there offer.

The day was pretty much spent putting the vibra technics gearbox rear mount on, doing the exhaust manifold on, bolting up the down pipe, external wastegate pipe, radiator with the slim line push fan and mounting the FMIC. The quality of the exhaust work done by OJZ Engineering is just love and i think Marco did a bit of a sex wee when he saw it laugh

The FMIC was a complete pain to fit (from the group buy) with a lot of modifcation needed to make it fit, along with more trimming of the bumper which Phil took care off with his air powered tools.

Towards the end of the day Sedicivalvole came to offer some help, but all he did was stand around looking glamorous instead. Nick was meant to have come with Mario and Marco, but couldn't due to work.

A couple of pics :

Whilst at Phil's we all enjoyed watching Phil mapping a Toyota Corolla AE86 which was a 1.7, revved to 10,500rpm and puts out 230bhp laugh Finally the coupe is going to be coming back to me on a low loader and put in the garage so i can tinker with it whilst at home rather than going up to Lincoln all the time, so work should get done quicker on it.

Cheers for the help Macro, Mario and Nick smile

Re: Project 400bhp - 16v Turbo [Re: Begbie] #1064060
04/07/2010 18:57
04/07/2010 18:57
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
A month on and the coupe is now back residing next to the house, giving me a better chance of getting things done on it, as the thought of doing any work on the coupe has some what bored me after being away on holiday for a week. The car arrived back on Wednesday and used a service called Shiply, which is a reverse ebay style auction, you list your car, where to collect it from and where to drop it off, people bid against each other for the cheapest price and then you pay, simple.

So yesterday i didn't decide to do anything mechanical, but had a look at seeing what i could do with the paintwork. A quick trip to halfords, 2 x grey primers, 3 x broom yellow, 2 clear laquers and the result is below :

Not a bad result with rattle cans, although you might be able to spot the odd bug that decided to land on the car whilst painting, also got a laquer run, so will need to sand it down and sort that out. Depending on how i feel, i might get a spray gun and paint the rest (got a compressor that should do the job), will be cheaper, not that fussed about the paint job but as long as it's all one colour at the end of the day, i'll be happy smile

Re: Project 400bhp - 16v Turbo [Re: Begbie] #1089839
22/08/2010 17:17
22/08/2010 17:17
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
Not a lot has been done of recent, been waiting on a few parts to arrive (and still waiting) so took on a couple of small jobs that needed doing, which was swapping the rubber fuel lines over for braided items, along with some rubber P clips.

So that was that fitted and then i decided to make a list of what still needs sorting out on the car. In no particular order :

• Bolt needed for external wastegate
  • Silicon hose for the turbo feed
  • Alternator belt and power steering belt
  • Fit power steering pump
  • Mount igintion
  • Get some HT Leads
  • Get a new slave cylinder
  • Crank trigger wheel needs some mounting holes drilling into it
  • Fit wiring loom
  • Sort the leave from the slave cylinder hose
  • Fit additional P clips for the fuel line
  • Get some braided line finishers
  • Tidy up fuel relay wiring
  • Connect the alternator connectors up
  • 6mm silicon hose for the boost control
  • Connect starter motor up
  • Fit inlet manifold
  • Connect throttle cable
  • Sort out boost hoses
  • Fit ABS sensors from the other hubs i have
  • Fit header tank
  • Fill with coolant
  • Fit boost nipple
  • Connect earth strap to gearbox
  • Paint front bumper
  • Support the FMIC boost pipes
  • Mount oil cooler
  • Fill with oil for starting
  • Connect fan up
  • Fix reverse switch
  • Blank off oil breather
  • Blank off turbo oil drain in block
  • Fit oil return for turbo (pipe needs drilling into sump)
  • Fill power steering tank
  • Mount ECU
  • Sort windows out (slow moving up and down)
  • Push dents out of the drivers door
  • Sort headlight covers out

So, not that much to do then laugh

Re: Project 400bhp - 16v Turbo [Re: Begbie] #1099769
10/09/2010 16:35
10/09/2010 16:35
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
Following on from this thread i bought a couple of items from Speedflow to allow me to sort out the oil return from the turbo. Whipped the sump off, drilled a hole out and dropped it off with a friend who welded the bung on for me. Finished result is below :

The sump is only fitted with a couple of bolts, it will be coming off tommorrow to sand it down and spray it up before fitting for good.

Re: Project 400bhp - 16v Turbo [Re: Begbie] #1100492
12/09/2010 18:12
12/09/2010 18:12
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
Sump has now been sanded down, sprayed and fitted back on the car, along with the oil return for the hose. The sump could have been sanded down a bit more, but i didn't have the right sand paper to do it with, plus i've got the man flu laugh

Crank trigger wheel will be picked up tomorrow with the holes drilled into it, so will be able to get that mounted and hopefully another set of injectors should be turning up this week. Phil reminded me that the injectors i have are low impedance, which won't work with the DTA, so have bought some Siemens high impedance 750cc injectors from the States.

Re: Project 400bhp - 16v Turbo [Re: Begbie] #1107614
27/09/2010 13:09
27/09/2010 13:09
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
Not much happened this weekend, as i've been waiting for my injectors from the states to arrive. It's only taken 2 and a half weeks for them to arrive, but the fact that i only paid £170 (inc delivery) for 4 x 75lb Siemens injectors i think i can excuse the slow delivery laugh

Trigger wheel has also been machined up allowing it to bolt to the crank pulley, just need to remove a tooth off it, then i can get the PAS / Alternator belt fitted.

Re: Project 400bhp - 16v Turbo [Re: Begbie] #1114166
11/10/2010 11:21
11/10/2010 11:21
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
Not a lot done over this weekend. A few phone calls to pester sedicirich on which tooth needed removing from the crank trigger wheel, eventually got there after explaining it about 3 times to me hehe

Went to fit the P/S belt i got from Halfrauds and realised that the belt i have is way too short. Guess this is what happens when you mix and match parts from the Tipo and Coupe, so ordered a Tipo P/S belt from Eurocarparts and a new alternator belt.

Also repainted the inlet manifold, since it had become faded / dulled / oily / etc.. over time, with it being a pain to fit, thought i would give it a quick spruce up before fitting it.

Re: Project 400bhp - 16v Turbo [Re: Begbie] #1124341
01/11/2010 19:24
01/11/2010 19:24
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
A little more progress is done. I couldn't fit the inlet manifold last week due to losing my injector clips that hold it onto the fuel rail so a quick search on ebay and had 4 on the way.

Inlet manifold is now fitted, header tank is fitted and all connected up and the boost hoses have been connected up. Just need to sort out the connectors for the rest of the loom, fit a new battery, fill with all fluids and connect up the oil cooler and she should be good to start smile

Re: Project 400bhp - 16v Turbo [Re: Begbie] #1127047
07/11/2010 14:12
07/11/2010 14:12
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
Ordered some connectors for the rest of the loom and got these fitted and connected up, so the engine bay is now all connected to the new wiring loom. The engine wont be started at home as Phil would like the car at his workshop when attempting to start the car.

Filled the car with anti-freeze now, filled the PAS up as well, fitted the strut brace back on, made a bracket up to mount the map sensor, just need some 4mm silicon hose and a battery. Went to look in Halfrauds and it's £90 for a battery shocked I'll be speaking to a family friend and should get one for half that price!

Otherwise, just need to tidy up the fuel pump relay in the boot, and by pass the relay to get the crap out of the fuel lines, before connecting them up to the fuel rail.

Re: Project 400bhp - 16v Turbo [Re: Begbie] #1143975
14/12/2010 11:48
14/12/2010 11:48
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
Connectors for the rest of the loom have been fitted, so the wiring loom is all connected up. Just no power to the DTA yet. Found a couple of leaks, one from the heater matrix hose, so hopefully fixed that, the other from the slave cylinder line, so need a trip to Pirtek to get that resolved.

Otherwise, not much has been going on due to it being cold / snowy and just not being that hardcore laugh Fuel lines have been connected and fuel lines flushed, amazed at how much crap comes out from cutting the lines.

Mounted the air filter with a few cable ties, as it seemed the only way to get it done at the moment, once it's warmer i'll try and figure something out maybe with a contained box or something.

Next problem is trying to figure out why no power is going to the dashboard, which as shown in the video, no oil pressure registers, even after turning the engine over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTyDQ6QDx2c

Re: Project 400bhp - 16v Turbo [Re: Begbie] #1153727
08/01/2011 16:38
08/01/2011 16:38
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
Leaks have been sorted now, Pirtek couldn't redo the slave cylinder hose, so had to go to thinkauto to get the hose done. Had to make 2 trips, first time was when all the snow hit the south on a saturday, which meant i got 3/4 way there and had to turn back as they were going to close (plus traffic came to a standstill), next time was fine and was all sorted in 2 minutes and cost nowt to fix, result! smile

Some slight head scratching and got the relays figured out on the DTA, one was for power, the other was for the fuel pump, so these have been connected up.

Bought a comms cable for the DTA, so i could double check everything as it should be, and it is. Just needs to set the TPS up, as the voltage is set a little too low at the moment.

Spoke with Magnecor and got the ends i needed for the iginition module, 35p for a connector and the same for a boot. HT leads have been made up and tested that they are working through the DTA with the diagnosis function.

Dashboard power was tracked down to a blown fuse. I like simple fixes like that. Also decided to see why the ABS light wasn't coming on. Lots of head scratching on this one, managed to bust the brake reservoir trying to get the ABS connector off. Managed to trace it down to a connector behind the dashboard not being connected up, put that together and voila, the light comes on now. Whilst doing the ABS, i tried to remove my old ABS sensors from the hubs, not a fun job and in the end, used the angle grinder to get them out. The hubs were old 16v ones.

Also tidyed up the fuel relay wiring in the boot, so it's looking a lot neater than wires just randomly hanging all over the place.

I also looked into the slow electric windows, managed to sort it out on a temp basis, but it's back to being slow and stopping all the time.

Just need to get a new tow plate, blank off a couple of pipes and she's ready to go to Phil's for mapping.

Re: Project 400bhp - 16v Turbo [Re: Begbie] #1157690
17/01/2011 13:06
17/01/2011 13:06
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
Tow plate has been fitted and now can be towed. Latest quote for delivery is £140, so am very happy with that.

I wasn't happy that i hadn't seen any signs / indication of building up oil pressure, from either gauge, so i by passed the Defi gauge and made this come off a seperate 12v feed (i.e. from the Clio) and still wasn't getting anything. Slightly concerned i took the oil distrubtion plate off and try filling with oil, only for it to come back out again, plus i was doing this in the dark last night, so got a tad angry with myself.

Started today with light and rain, and got on with it. I asked the question over on the integrale forum and someone suggested that i remove the plug from the oil pump and squirt oil / vaseline in there, did this, put everything back together and the results is below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8AITjZaO4w

Now a happy chappy, just need to re-fit the alternator now rolleyes

Re: Project 400bhp - 16v Turbo [Re: Begbie] #1165295
02/02/2011 16:07
02/02/2011 16:07
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
As sedicirich kindly posted for me yesterday, the coupe has been nurtured into life by Phil at G&G Motorsport.

The coupe was delivered to Phil on Monday, but not till gone midnight, due to a somewhat slack transporting company, which I won't be using again.

First thing Phil wanted to check was that the crank sensor and trigger wheel were recording as it should on the ECU, this threw it's first problem up, then in when the engine is cranking, the power drops which turns the ECU off, so couldn't get a reading. Phil bypassed this with a fancy button press, that could a connection from the battery to the starter motor, this gave the reading it needed, so Phil put a map on that he had ready and started the car, which resulted in clicky

Next, Phil said it was missing and still over fuelling quite badly, so did a % change on the fuelling map and started the car again clicky, which resulted in finding 2 oil leaks, one from the sump which was my fault and the other was coming from the balancer shaft (which took a bit of tracking down), so Guy Croft was dragged from the workshop to see the problem for himself, removal of the balancer shaft cover and a quick trip back to his workshop and another new seal was put on and this time, it stopped the leak. I did manage to get a rare pic of GC working on an engine in a car (he last did that 16 years ago! laugh )

Car was started for a third time just to make sure there wasn't any leaks again and there wasn't (just yet...)

I popped out to the shops and Phil found that the wiring to the ignition coil was slightly wrong, perm live to pin 1, when it should be pin 3, with that sorted, resulted in car starting to be run in on the dyno, some time passed then Phil needed to change the wideband as the sensor had died, which was this video

When the car was started back up, another oil leak had sprung up, this time it was from where I had ground back the point where the gearbox fitted to the engine when I did the 6 speed conversion and had every so slightly broke through into the casing, GC came back up to confirm that it wasn't an oil gallery and it was oil from the crank splash causing it to come out, this has been plugged by, but stopped any more mapping due to time.

Other issue seems to be when pressure is applied to the side port on the Tial wastegate, it pressurises up, then slowly loses pressure dropping back to 0 over a couple seconds, but if you black the top hole, then it holds the pressue, weird!

Had a text from Phil earlier, leak from the front has stopped, boost hoses keep blowing off under boost blush

Re: Project 400bhp - 16v Turbo [Re: Begbie] #1172938
18/02/2011 10:06
18/02/2011 10:06
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
Little update, oil leak from the front of the block had stopped now, so Phil could get on with mapping.

First snag that happened was the Tial wastegate, even with it by-passed open, the car was still generating 1bar of boost, which I don't want, nor does Phil, as he would like less boost to get a better N/A map on it to. So a scout about on the internet and I managed to find a brand new Tial 44mm MVR for sale on the Lancer Register, quick email sent and discovered it was Matty (former Scottish coupe owner), who did me a very good deal and knocked some more money off it, because it was me, nice laugh

Next problem was Lance at OJZ Engineering was fully booked till beginning of April, bugger frown So Lance made a call on my behalf to a company called Nortech in Rotherham. Lance sends people there when something needs doing quickly, so obviously trusts their work. If it's good enough for Lance, then it's good enough for me. I called them and they said they could fit me in on the 17th Feb, so yesterday I made the journey up to Phil's, to strip the manifold, turbo, downpipe and wastegate pipe off and drop it off with them, nice 430 mile round trip frown

Nortech have a nice big workshop area and from what I could see, they do some very nice manifolds there too. They originally said it would be a couple of days work to sort out, but when I turned up, there die grinder had died, so it's going to be a week yet before the work is complete, so hopefully I should be able to get up there a week on Saturday, to collect, re-fit to the car and get the mapping finished off.

Phil has been very complementary about the car, running like a dream, sounds nice, spooling well and thinks it will easily do over 400bhp, which is nice. I suppose I should give some stats from what Phil told me :

Turbo is spooling by 2500rpm
Starting to get somewhere by mid 3000rpm
Current power was 260bhp @ wheels with 1 bar of boost at approx 5000rpm, still another 2500rpm to go

Not bad for a low compression (7.2-ish) running on standard unleaded petrol, with a blowing exhaust manifold gasket too. Bring on the larger wastegate and more boost.

Finally, I also ordered this
click to enlarge

8 Pot calipers, 330 x 32mm discs and CarboTech XP8 brake pads.

Re: Project 400bhp - 16v Turbo [Re: Begbie] #1182800
09/03/2011 10:38
09/03/2011 10:38
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
Yesterday involved 514 miles of driving and no progress had been made.

Nortech had finished the work on the manifold and wastegate pipe back into the downpipe, quality was very good (they order the bends and double slip joint from OJZ Engineering) so went to pick it up and fit it back to the car

Everything was going well with the re-fitting, until I went to fit the radiator back in. It wouldn't fit due to the wastegate pipe fouling on it.

click to enlarge

No one was really at fault, as Nortech had followed what I gave them, with me assuming it should of fit. Needless to say I rang Nortech, spoke to them about the problem and got everything dropped back to them at 7pm. We've now come up with a solution which involved the external wastegate being rotated slightly, a bit of chopping here and there and it should be all good.

Re: Project 400bhp - 16v Turbo [Re: Begbie] #1189083
21/03/2011 21:58
21/03/2011 21:58
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
Another day another 430 mile round trip. Guildford, to Rotherham, to Lincoln back to Guildford and this time, I didn't need to go back to Rotherham woohoo

Nortech change the wastegate pipe to pull it in tighter from the radiator and closer to the downpipe as not to foul on the radiator support. I got both the downpipe and wastegate pipe heat wrapped and went to fit it. Radiator still wouldn't fit, so ended up having to remove the heat wrap off the wastegate pipe, move the fan down as far possible, and pull the radiator towards the cross member more and this has given me 5 - 10mm clearance shocked

With the clearance, everything was reassembled and bolted back together which gave Phil a chance to test the cold start without an idle control valve and it started first time laugh

Fingers crossed, no other problems now and we should have a mapped car by the end of the week!

Re: Project 400bhp - 16v Turbo [Re: Begbie] #1193883
30/03/2011 14:42
30/03/2011 14:42
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
The car is mapped, but not for full boost. Due to me being a plank and blocking off a breather (which I thought was an oil vapour drain) the car would start chucking a lot of oil vapour out of the cam over at anything over 1.2bar, so it has been mapped to 1bar.

I was due to get the car back yesterday, but the guy was running late, so went to get it today. He turned up with a beaver tail truck, so there was no chance of the car being loaded up, even though he said he had a Brain James trailer (seems he was borrowing it, and the person wanted it back) so got to list again on shiply to get the car brought back.

Once the car is back, I have a few bits to fit / make amendments to before I can use the car. I decided at this point to check if my insurance quote was still valid, and it is, but now they want a Thatcham Cat 1 alarm fitting, so more money to spend. I was going to get an alarm fitted, but let the funds clear down a bit first before getting one fitted.

Next is MOT and Tax, then once I'm happy with the way things have gone, I can go back to get the higher boost mapped on the car. It looks like it's going to be close to get the car ready for Brooklands (though the higher boost map can wait)

Re: Project 400bhp - 16v Turbo [Re: Begbie] #1198220
07/04/2011 20:44
07/04/2011 20:44
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
Car is now back with me after being messed about with trying to get the car onto a trailer to bring home. Now it's just a case of trying to sort the various niggles out so it will fly through it's MOT.

Battery for the drill is on charge so I can drill a bolt out to get the bracket for the rear brake lines to be fixed to the trailing arm, rather than zip ties. Whilst I had the wheel off, I thought I might as well fit the Tarox 300mm rear kit that I got from PowerItalia's group buy years ago!

Kit fitted without issue, although it was annoying have to shim it out, which meant putting and taking everything off several times. Picture of it fitted
click to enlarge

Also, a litte video of the car starting without an idle control valve from cold, Clicky

Page 1 of 2 1 2