» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (slicer, slime500), 318 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,628
Posts1,341,373
Members1,807
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,568
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,303
PeteP 21,522
bockers 21,071
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,367
Edinburgh 16,835
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Do not post with DHL Look!!!!! [Re: JimO] #794431
14/03/2009 16:13
14/03/2009 16:13

V
Vickster
Unregistered
Vickster
Unregistered
V

I have to say, we use DHL at work and they are pretty c*** ... what they do, i.e. getting parcels safely from A to B isn't really that hard for a company of their global reach, size and time in existence. Not like they are a bargain outfit where you get what you pay for

Re: Do not post with DHL Look!!!!! [Re: ] #794599
14/03/2009 21:13
14/03/2009 21:13

P
Piers
Unregistered
Piers
Unregistered
P

There was a shocking story in the local paper that I couldn't help but laugh at because it was so crazy...

A delivery guy turned up to a house with a box marked 'Fragile'. When the owner didn't answer the door (he couldn't hear the doorbell for some reason) there came an almighty crash from the back garden. When he went to investigate, it turns out the driver had putted the box over the 6ft garden fence !

Turned out to be a bag of organic dog food in the box but still! laugh

Re: Do not post with DHL Look!!!!! [Re: ] #794924
15/03/2009 16:27
15/03/2009 16:27

S
Stuartl
Unregistered
Stuartl
Unregistered
S

We lost our car key in Italy last year. It was one Alfa flip out key. The hotel we were in found it and sent it over at my expence DHL on a Monday.
DHL the next Thursday left a note through the door to say they had tried to deliver it. I had been on night shift so was in bed at the time but I'm a light sleeper and our door bell is bloody loud. The note said to phone to have the delivery time sorted for next day. I phoned them to be told they would not re-deliver and I would have to collect it from their offices in Belfast, 25 miles away.
So I went next morning to get it (with parcel number) and spent 15 minutes with the guy on the desk saying the parcel was not one of theirs and he should know because he'd been working there 8 years, and he kept walking off. Eventually i lost the temper and started a row which brought the Manager out. He took one look at the number and said to the other guy that it was one of their international numbers, looked it up on the computer and there it was out back on the shelves.
I took the key, you know, one of those little things that fit in your pocket, asked the guy how much I owed for a key that was not delivered to my house, '£78.67'! I said your having a laugh surely, but no thats what they charged me. So I'm sorry I think they are a discrace and haven't used them since.

Re: Do not post with DHL Look!!!!! [Re: ] #794929
15/03/2009 16:34
15/03/2009 16:34
Pontefract, West Yorkshire
andyps Offline
My job on the forum
andyps  Offline
My job on the forum

Pontefract, West Yorkshire
Originally Posted By: shaun2k20v
andyps...you reckon more?

will they actually pay that though, as the bonnet was second hand

I don't know what they will pay for something that was second hand - it might be something that was included in the original terms of carriage. However, as a new one was £500 and it would need painting you could argue that to be the replacement cost.

As for the service from DHL it probably depends upon the driver and location. The guy who delivers and collects from me is really good - he knows what to do with parcels if I am not in, if they are sent to home and I am not there he also knows where I work and on days when he is collecting from me he will bring parcels addressed to home to the office. Couldn't be more helpful.

Andy

[Linked Image]
Re: Do not post with DHL Look!!!!! [Re: andyps] #795061
15/03/2009 20:15
15/03/2009 20:15

S
Spee
Unregistered
Spee
Unregistered
S

I use them all the time with no problems, always on time, always friendly and no issues with lost or damaged stuff. When I send stuff I always get the same driver (mostly) and he is a diamond, waits if I'm not quite ready, there's been a few times I've still been packing stuff up when he's arrived!

I've tried others but always gone back to them, the worst I have dealt with recently being Citi Link, various reason, now damage or loss, but driver attitude wasn't great on a couple of occasions and they haven't bothered to turn up twice, so they've been binned!

G

Re: Do not post with DHL Look!!!!! [Re: ] #795068
15/03/2009 20:19
15/03/2009 20:19

P
proccy
Unregistered
proccy
Unregistered
P

across the globe they handle millions of packets/parcels every single day. there will always be incidents, and there will always be some bad employees - every company has them.

yes this wasn't a great example of customer service, but knowing DHL they would investigate and try and improve the service and pay compensation where appropriate.

they are the world's biggest logistics company iirc, and operate at something close to 99% efficiency/effectiveness, which is a level at which most companies can only dream of attaining.

hope you get suitable compo, though, having said that... rolleyes

Re: Do not post with DHL Look!!!!! [Re: ] #795095
15/03/2009 20:53
15/03/2009 20:53

M
MattCoupe
Unregistered
MattCoupe
Unregistered
M

You guys seem to be working things out between yourselves which is good and i thank you for bringing this matter to all our attentions so we can make our own minds up about using them
Matt

Re: Do not post with DHL Look!!!!! [Re: ] #797136
18/03/2009 22:24
18/03/2009 22:24

S
shaun2k20v
Unregistered
shaun2k20v
Unregistered
S

yeah in fairness to them, they were quick to send me the claim form, and they are always there to pick up at the same time (about 11am) which is a good time for me being a marathon sleeper.

the guy is helpfull, and always has a convo..so that part is ok, but its when it goes from small pickup, to overnight distribution thats the problem, board kids, and long term employees doing a scensoredt job that must be savage.

so i do expect some fun and games, but the bonnet was a jaw dropper.

A lot of my anger is from spending so long making sure oxo would be happy with it, as i always do, what i wish to myself.

so to see it like that, broke my heart and his for that matter.

Ive sent the form back and im waiting for a reply, i dont think it will take long.

As for oxo's money, i didnt realise he's not retracted the payment..(oops) i better sort that out asap..lol.

Oxo's been very understanding, and pateint though, so hats off to him.

i used ets pallet services today..

to go 800 miles to scotland from cornwall 2-3 days on an engine and head for £127 is for the service and time not bad, however im now finding issues with companies backing out of deliveries, (in good time of course) but it means that to a few good buyers that have had items off me, now have to pay extra postage as a result.

£65 all in turns into £120+

and ive slashed the money i wanted for the parts to accommodate for postage...

its not nice telling someone that the postage is over double now, and you can understand their dismay.

also as an example, say i sold an item for £150 and that was already say £50 cheaper then most, then i advertise the postage at say £30.

then the courier says they cant take it a day later, so you contact the buyer (feeling really bad) then ask for more money for postage.

in most cases i try to help out where i can, but i then get way less for the item.

so unless you give a good postal price in the first instance, that is reliable.

you set yourself up to fail, as the couriers are now pushing the price up.

but if you go with the price they are asking, and then it reflects in the auction sale, you don't get bids.

anybody know of a good courier at a decent cost??? as im finding it hard to make ends meet with the prices im having to offer peeps.

it wasnt long ago that someone said to me that the pallet can go anywhere mainland for £39 well......show me

Re: Do not post with DHL Look!!!!! [Re: ] #797165
18/03/2009 23:03
18/03/2009 23:03
Watford, Herts.
H
Hyperlink Offline
Forum is my life
Hyperlink  Offline
Forum is my life
H

Watford, Herts.
Hope its all sorted soon Shaun.

Good to hear DHL have been quick it trying to resolve the issue. I always think its always a mark of a decent company when they handle problems well. Hopefully they will give you something decent by way of compo.

Re: Do not post with DHL Look!!!!! [Re: ] #797167
18/03/2009 23:04
18/03/2009 23:04

P
porkypaul
Unregistered
porkypaul
Unregistered
P

Try Tuffnells.

Re: Do not post with DHL Look!!!!! [Re: ] #797179
18/03/2009 23:15
18/03/2009 23:15

S
shaun2k20v
Unregistered
shaun2k20v
Unregistered
S

Originally Posted By: porkypaul
Try Tuffnells.

i will do actually, i will check them out..

thankyou

Re: Do not post with DHL Look!!!!! [Re: ] #797187
18/03/2009 23:22
18/03/2009 23:22

P
porkypaul
Unregistered
porkypaul
Unregistered
P

No problem.

Re: Do not post with DHL Look!!!!! [Re: JimO] #797492
19/03/2009 14:13
19/03/2009 14:13

S
StradoZ
Unregistered
StradoZ
Unregistered
S

I had one shipped with a removal company coming from Scotland, it had to be when they happened to be coming down my way but they delivered it in perfect condition, well pleased.

It was the sender's idea 'rob66' and it only cost £56 including them packaging it!!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2