» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Jamiepm, paul), 333 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,543
Posts1,340,442
Members1,785
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,522
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,296
PeteP 21,482
bockers 21,070
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,366
Edinburgh 16,662
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Patch's Cheap Purchase Project [Re: ] #959719
02/01/2010 12:20
02/01/2010 12:20

C
coupedave
Unregistered
coupedave
Unregistered
C

LOCK YOUR THREAD!!!
NEVER MIND I'LL LOCK IT FOR YOU!!!

Last edited by coupedave; 02/01/2010 12:22.
Re: Patch's Cheap Purchase Project [Re: ] #959723
02/01/2010 12:35
02/01/2010 12:35

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

Why thank you David smile

Re: Patch's Cheap Purchase Project [Re: ] #961619
05/01/2010 21:03
05/01/2010 21:03

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

5th Jan 2010

Not much happening with the coop this week. Was booked in at CountyCruising to have the mesh fitted to the front bumper and a few other little jobs, but it looks like the weather has prevented this from occuring.

I did manage to fit some chromed front indicator bulbs in the side light assemblies. These do a grand job of taking away the orange tinge to the light units and sort of colour code the front!

Re: Patch's Cheap Purchase Project [Re: ] #963826
09/01/2010 21:20
09/01/2010 21:20

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

Update - 9th Jan 2010

Immediately having got the coupe up to a standard I was happy with, I began to have thoughts of what next? To this end, I was considering the possibilities selling this one and bagging a LE or Plus and beginning work on a new project.

Having used this model (1998 20VT) to familiarise myself with the coupe again (I have previously owned a coupe - but never modded it or tinkered) and it's quirks I now feel more confident with the model and the things that I like and I don't.

With a New Year underway and all the, what I call 'base' type changes completed, some thinking is required for what the next steps should be. After owning literally 'hundreds' of cars and never really being satisfied after I had 'got them up to scratch', at least with the coop, I know that I will always want (and will) own one. This is progress for me smile

The choices I am left with are....I will figure out which way to go soon, I think?

- Have the engine on my current car forged/rebuilt. Get the suspension rebuilt, get a bigger turbo, source a LE/Plus interior (Front seats) or buy some decent reclining type cobra/recaro's and fit them.

- Sell the current car and get a decent Plus/LE to work on. Saying this, I have had a good discussion with the guy's on the forum regarding this, but the thoughts of getting a Plus or LE are constantly reoccurring!

- Get a basket case Plus or LE and slowly refurb it over a period of a few years. Keeping my current 20VT. I can see sourcing a basket case being a little difficult though.

So, back to reality....

With the weather turning for the worse this winter, I have not been out in the coop as much as I would of liked over the past month. She's looking mighty fine though, I do find myself looking at it on my driveway more and more. It's a funny kind of thing, I find myself staring at it but I don't know what I am thinking about when looking? I think it just mesmerizes me! I do have an excuse for going outside, it's not as if I am wandering out there every 10 minutes like some kind of weirdo .... I do not smoke in the house!

The interesting thing for me is how much would I miss this one if I got rid of it? I sometimes think that this car is totally me, with regard to how she looks and her overall condition. Spending all this time on her, it would be a shame if I were to let her go. Then again, it's just a car? Isn't it?

I think that over the next few months I will...

- Get the mesh fitted and finish of the PIU front bumper - Joe was doing this until the weather turned for the worse
- Source some new front seats
- Get a de-cat (thanks Proccy thumb )
- Cost out an engine rebuild
- Cost out a turbo rebuild for more bhp (I have a knackered turbo in my garage)
- Begin to document my car and post some vids on YouTube (been meaning to do this for a while now - need to get my ass in gear and do it)

Page 2 of 2 1 2