Finally getting round to starting a project thread which has been delayed due to COVID and the great British weather.
Bought a cracking 20VT plus in the lovely light metallic red although like most 20yr old cars it’s not without its problems.
Just passed it’s MOT with a few minor advisories but the to-do list so far:
1) Car has been repainted previously to a good standard but has a few dodgy bits, orange peel and a bit of rust coming through.
2) all 4 corners of the cills are rusting, not bad and nothing a bit of grinding and cutting out the old metal won’t solve3
3 Small dent in drivers side bottom rear quarter
4) Both Eiffel towers gone at the bottom
5) radiator support bar pretty much non existent...dam you rust!
6) engine mounts upper and lower knackered
7) washer bottle tube perished
8) washer bottle cap missing
9) windscreen surround rusty at bottom
10) headlights cloudy
11) rear springs rusty
12) rear spring back plates in bits
13) rear brake callipers a bit crusty but working
14) plastic scuttle cover (if that’s what you call it) faded and horrid
15) lock side trims corroding
16) injector wiring plastic cover broke
17) air box brackets broke
18) oil leak
19) all belts, idlers etc need replacing
20) clutch slip (on full boost in 3rd, 4000k ish)
21) surface rust on most of suspension components
22) passenger window rattle/wobble when going up/down
23) barnacle widget wired to battery not switched live
24) surface rust on front cross member, behind wheel arch liners and front slam panel
25) tracking off
26) weird noise from cambelt area......
27) both front foot wells pushed into car where some idiots have jacked the car on the floor pans
There’s a lot more and it sounds like a terrible car but pulls well, looks and sounds lovely it’s just that I want the car looking and driving 100%!
Forgot how good it is driving the coupe, kids keep pointing and have the wow look on their face
Next thread will contain the list of things I’ve done so far!