|
1 registered members (Edinburgh),
227
guests, and 4
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,717
Posts1,170,040
Members1,658
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Re: Blue 20VT - only 30k miles - Any thoughts
[Re: ]
#1012713
02/04/2010 19:15
02/04/2010 19:15
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123 Cumbria
stan
Dr. Frankenstan
|
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
|
How much?  OMG!!! That is serious money!!!! £4,490  Sorry, but even with super low mileage (which would actually concern me slightly) that is a staggering price!
|
|
|
Re: Blue 20VT - only 30k miles - Any thoughts
[Re: stan]
#1012716
02/04/2010 19:20
02/04/2010 19:20
|
Roadking
Unregistered
|
Roadking
Unregistered
|
I nearly went to look at this, but they were waiting to get the cambelt done. (I've got a V70 I'm looking at moving on, so wasn't worried about it being OTT on price).
However it was advertised as Blue on Autotrader with no photies, I naturally thought they meant Sprint Blue. It didn't occur to me it would be Porto. Guess I saved myself a wasted trip.
|
|
|
Re: Blue 20VT - only 30k miles - Any thoughts
[Re: ]
#1012731
02/04/2010 19:54
02/04/2010 19:54
|
Bosco
Unregistered
|
Bosco
Unregistered
|
And here s me thinking its cheap as from the looks of the interiour and general condition...the mileage looks genuine..possably it s first cambelt change , the owner having gone by mileage...
Trying to find a GOOD coupe gets harder by the day ...
|
|
|
Re: Blue 20VT - only 30k miles - Any thoughts
[Re: ]
#1012792
02/04/2010 21:35
02/04/2010 21:35
|
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114 highlands
jimboy
Club Member 857
|
Club Member 857
Forum is my life
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
|
I nearly went to look at this, but they were waiting to get the cambelt done. (I've got a V70 I'm looking at moving on, so wasn't worried about it being OTT on price).
However it was advertised as Blue on Autotrader with no photies, I naturally thought they meant Sprint Blue. It didn't occur to me it would be Porto. Guess I saved myself a wasted trip. Obviously some like this colour, but it does seem this is the least liked one out of the range attributed to the coupe. Rightly or wrongly to me this colour never cuts it in the "photies"
I'm an old git & happy with it,most of the time
|
|
|
Re: Blue 20VT - only 30k miles - Any thoughts
[Re: jimboy]
#1012806
02/04/2010 22:03
02/04/2010 22:03
|
spit
Unregistered
|
spit
Unregistered
|
I would not worry too much about the mileage. My one was registered 2 years after it was made and only has 56000........and there are many , many more coupes with much lower mileage. I would be more concerned about belts,conditon,SH ect. Unless the front seats have been changed (doubtfull),I would go along with the claimed mileage. Paul
Last edited by spit; 02/04/2010 22:06.
|
|
|
Re: Blue 20VT - only 30k miles - Any thoughts
[Re: stan]
#1012820
02/04/2010 22:35
02/04/2010 22:35
|
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,091 Leicestershire
Joe78
I need some sleep
|
I need some sleep
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,091
Leicestershire
|
That's steep vertical! You could buy a very tidy Plus or LE with decent history for that kind of money.
Last edited by Joe78; 02/04/2010 22:36.
|
|
|
Re: Blue 20VT - only 30k miles - Any thoughts
[Re: Joe78]
#1012826
02/04/2010 22:56
02/04/2010 22:56
|
spit
Unregistered
|
spit
Unregistered
|
You could even buy a 2001 reg,full service history ( cam belts etc. ) with 56000 miles for £2000 too Joe.....if you looked around  . See lots of people here saying that it is hard to find the right coop.....I think it just takes patience and not buying the first one you see. There ARE still good cars out there......just have to find them and be willing to travel to see them. Not saying this is one of those mind.
Last edited by spit; 02/04/2010 22:57.
|
|
|
Re: Blue 20VT - only 30k miles - Any thoughts
[Re: ]
#1012850
02/04/2010 23:31
02/04/2010 23:31
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486 London Tan
technics
I need some sleep
|
I need some sleep
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
|
The interior pics look really mint.
Thats about 10mins drive from me.
Now in the 400+ bhp club!
|
|
|
Re: Blue 20VT - only 30k miles - Any thoughts
[Re: technics]
#1012896
03/04/2010 01:22
03/04/2010 01:22
|
spit
Unregistered
|
spit
Unregistered
|
The inside looks like a 30K anyday. I would check it out....nothing to lose mate. Paul
|
|
|
Re: Blue 20VT - only 30k miles - Any thoughts
[Re: ]
#1012920
03/04/2010 02:41
03/04/2010 02:41
|
Davie
Unregistered
|
Davie
Unregistered
|
That looks in fantastic condition, the price is steep, but if you could knock it down to £4k thats a good buy imo.
As for people saying Porto is the least liked colour???? Everyone i know absolutely loves mine in Porto, even the girlfriend admits that some other colours on the coop either look chav or very very dull which they do imo, bar sprint blue and the deep metalic red(cant remember the name)
Davie
|
|
|
Re: Blue 20VT - only 30k miles - Any thoughts
[Re: ]
#1012990
03/04/2010 09:06
03/04/2010 09:06
|
TheAudioGuy
Unregistered
|
TheAudioGuy
Unregistered
|
that car is a part ex, just go in there, tell him your looking for a car for your misses, spot the coupe, have a look round it, offer him £2800 and leave it as that with your number
if he says no just tell him, look i can buy a bmw e46 or a mini for £4500, who gonna buy a 12 year old car for that, i cant buy a warantee cover for it as its more then 5 years old, its defo a girls colour, look at what else you have here priced at the same money.
insurance group mpg can you still get parts?
all im looking for is a nice runner round for my misses that looks stylish
|
|
|
Re: Blue 20VT - only 30k miles - Any thoughts
[Re: ]
#1012993
03/04/2010 09:09
03/04/2010 09:09
|
patch234
Unregistered
|
patch234
Unregistered
|
that car is a part ex, just go in there, tell him your looking for a car for your misses, spot the coupe, have a look round it, offer him £2800 and leave it as that with your number
if he says no just tell him, look i can buy a bmw e46 or a mini for £4500, who gonna buy a 12 year old car for that, i cant buy a warantee cover for it as its more then 5 years old, its defo a girls colour, look at what else you have here priced at the same money.
insurance group mpg can you still get parts?
all im looking for is a nice runner round for my misses that looks stylish I like your style AG 
|
|
|
Re: Blue 20VT - only 30k miles - Any thoughts
[Re: ]
#1012996
03/04/2010 09:11
03/04/2010 09:11
|
TheAudioGuy
Unregistered
|
TheAudioGuy
Unregistered
|
mate how do you think i got my lpg coupe for £600 
|
|
|
Re: Blue 20VT - only 30k miles - Any thoughts
[Re: ]
#1012999
03/04/2010 09:18
03/04/2010 09:18
|
TheAudioGuy
Unregistered
|
TheAudioGuy
Unregistered
|
and if you want i'l put up on piston head my car again, 15k mile, 206 gti 180 2005, 2 owner, £4500 then print it off and show him that 
Last edited by TheAudioGuy; 03/04/2010 09:20.
|
|
|
|