Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (carmine), 703 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,108
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,309
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,903
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Good bodywork repair place near Crawley/Gatwick? #1016872
09/04/2010 16:07
09/04/2010 16:07
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 103
Worcestershire
joe90 Offline OP
On a journey
joe90  Offline OP
On a journey

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 103
Worcestershire
Hi

Just had someone reverse into me in a car park and dented the side part of the bonnet and damaged the bumper. He wants to look at paying for the repair himself rather than go through his insurance and suggested taking it to a local place to get a quote. Just wondering if anyone knows of a good place near Crawley/Gatwick?

Aren't the bonnets double or triple skinned? I've heard they're hard and expensive to repair?

Also could do with some help on the whole insurance claim business (see my other post for details).

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Re: Good bodywork repair place near Crawley/Gatwick? [Re: joe90] #1016949
09/04/2010 18:04
09/04/2010 18:04

I
ian251
Unregistered
ian251
Unregistered
I



alright mate, best claim off his insurance if he's accepted it was his fault. Take photos of the damage then ring up your insurance and give the details to them and they will sort out the rest .

Re: Good bodywork repair place near Crawley/Gatwick? [Re: ] #1016981
09/04/2010 18:51
09/04/2010 18:51

A
ad123
Unregistered
ad123
Unregistered
A



Hi,

I'm the one who scratched Joe's coupé !

Joe you can rest assured that things will be dealt with honesty. Despite the fact that I am french and so is my insurance company, I am obviously insured in the UK. And I am working here full time, so I will not be running away.

I have seen there is quite a big community of coupe owners, so I hope someone will tell us more about those hoods. I have seen some used parts for sale on the internet for reasonable amounts.
The reason why my insurance had better stay away from that is it would cost me a lot more overall as my insurance premium will go up for the next four years, and that the damage on Joe's car is not huge.

As someone said, the easy way to do it would be to deal with the insurance, take it to an agreed place for the insurance (where it suits everyone but the payer...ie. me)
No offence to Joe, but his car is not immaculate, and maybe a used hood looking as good as his "could" do the job. I am no mechanic so I am speaking on the top of my head. I m just trying to think of a sensible and honest way to resolve this problem which both Joe and I would be happy with.
I hope we can come to an agreement, be sensible and honest and things will be fine.

So, are these hoods that difficult to repair ? The metal is not torn apart, it litterally is a bump on the hood.

Any advice would be good.

Ad.

Re: Good bodywork repair place near Crawley/Gatwick? [Re: ] #1017014
09/04/2010 19:56
09/04/2010 19:56
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 414
East Sussex
ikon Offline
Club member 7265
ikon  Offline
Club member 7265
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 414
East Sussex
joe and ad123

i would contact Countrycruising if your thinking of a 2nd bonnet. if anyone has one its him. although he probably wont have a electric blue one as you dont see many of these about.

all the best and hope you both come to an agreement

Last edited by ikon; 09/04/2010 19:57.

[Linked Image]

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.014s Queries: 14 (0.008s) Memory: 0.6043 MB (Peak: 0.6526 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-09 23:49:11 UTC