Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,024 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,114
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,309
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,905
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 31 of 43 1 2 … 29 30 31 32 33 … 42 43
Re: SpaItalia 2010 [Re: ] #1019325
13/04/2010 19:39
13/04/2010 19:39
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,799
In the coupe.
magooagain Offline
Club member 259
magooagain  Offline
Club member 259
Forum is my life

Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,799
In the coupe.
If you are being overtaken,then try to be aware of where he wants to get to.Dont forget its NOT a race.No coupes bounced of each other as far as i am aware.
Just the orange coupe got himself in trouble as said before.
The likes of Sparco etc are past you before you know it,so no worries there mate.
The idea is to take it steady,get to know the track and enjoy.Its a fantastic buzz going round with all the other coupes.



Re: SpaItalia 2010 [Re: magooagain] #1019389
13/04/2010 21:17
13/04/2010 21:17
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,694
Midlands
MCMike Offline
Forum is my job
MCMike  Offline
Forum is my job

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,694
Midlands
I guess you need to remember to drive within your limits and not try and be a hero, no point holding up faster cars piloted by better / braver drivers.

But there is plenty of run off and the experience gets under your skin. Sadly i've no doubt my Coupe is worth more as spares than it is as a whole car.


1972 Triumph Stag
1984 Alfasud TI
1999 Fiat Coupe Turbo LE
2005 350Z




Re: SpaItalia 2010 [Re: ] #1019421
13/04/2010 21:57
13/04/2010 21:57

J
johnnybravoturbo
Unregistered
johnnybravoturbo
Unregistered
J



tortoise and the hare
You ll have the most reliable coupe.

Re: SpaItalia 2010 [Re: ] #1019485
13/04/2010 23:33
13/04/2010 23:33

S
Shifty
Unregistered
Shifty
Unregistered
S



I've just found a good thread from Pistonheads regarding track day helmets. I've been toying with buying a Momo design open face helmet but the regulations are a bit confusing.

http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=52&i=13304

Cheers Anthony

Re: SpaItalia 2010 [Re: ] #1019868
14/04/2010 17:14
14/04/2010 17:14
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,127
South Cambs
B
Barmybob Offline
Hon Club Member: 003
Barmybob  Offline
Hon Club Member: 003
Je suis un Coupé
B

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,127
South Cambs
I don't normally enter into the unrestricted sessions, so never go for total commitment. The Pace Car sessions are reasonably steady and I have not heard of any incidents the years I have been there.

The Coupé only session is unrestricted but you don't have to go crazy. There will be only a few cars on track during those sessions too so getting out of the way and overtaking should be rather easy.

I just fancy hearing Marco's car pass me on the track several times cool


Gone Audi mad!
Re: SpaItalia 2010 [Re: Barmybob] #1019962
14/04/2010 20:00
14/04/2010 20:00

I
Insy
Unregistered
Insy
Unregistered
I



Cool. I'll be adding extra mirrors to the car so I can be fully aware of who's coming up and who's around me.

I'm fully expecting to have everyone overtake me as I'll be taking it very cautiously :D and fear not, I won't be blocking the way for anyone ;)

I'll have a camcorder running in mine, so be sure to wave hello as you fly past!

Re: SpaItalia 2010 [Re: ] #1019963
14/04/2010 20:01
14/04/2010 20:01

P
proccy
Unregistered
proccy
Unregistered
P



Originally Posted by Insy
Cool. I'll be adding extra mirrors to the car so I can be fully aware of who's coming up and who's around me.

I'm fully expecting to have everyone overtake me as I'll be taking it very cautiously laugh and fear not, I won't be blocking the way for anyone wink

I'll have a camcorder running in mine, so be sure to wave hello as you fly past!


you and me both insy, i have absolutely no intention of risking mine or anyone else's coop/life...

Last edited by petep; 14/04/2010 22:08. Reason: sorted brackets
Re: SpaItalia 2010 [Re: ] #1020446
15/04/2010 16:45
15/04/2010 16:45
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,747
N.E Scotland
mattB Offline
Club member 6
mattB  Offline
Club member 6
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,747
N.E Scotland
On the return journey, is everyone going directly home from getting off the ferry?

I'll be stopping over somewhere (thinking I'll get North of London first) as I dont fancy driving the entire length of the country overnight, after a long (and likely hungover) day.


Death-rattle-tastic
Re: SpaItalia 2010 [Re: mattB] #1020625
15/04/2010 21:15
15/04/2010 21:15

I
Insy
Unregistered
Insy
Unregistered
I



Originally Posted by mattB
On the return journey, is everyone going directly home from getting off the ferry?


Yes, although that may have something to do with living 10 minutes away from the docks laugh

Re: SpaItalia 2010 [Re: ] #1020703
16/04/2010 00:01
16/04/2010 00:01
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 22,309
Aldershot
PeteP Offline OP
Hon Club Member 005, Membership Secretary
PeteP  Offline OP
Hon Club Member 005, Membership Secretary
Forum Fossil

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 22,309
Aldershot
Likewise, although I live a hundred odd miles from the docks.


16VT and X1/9 1500 + e208 Peugeot

We must all do our part for the planet.
I unplugged a row of electric cars that nobody was using.
I even unplugged my own.
Re: SpaItalia 2010 [Re: PeteP] #1020778
16/04/2010 08:46
16/04/2010 08:46

P
proccy
Unregistered
proccy
Unregistered
P



also likewise, as i have theresa to get back and work next morning :(

Re: SpaItalia 2010 [Re: ] #1020791
16/04/2010 09:11
16/04/2010 09:11
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Theresa Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Theresa  Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Forum Fossil

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
I'll be doing whatever proccy says :D

Re: SpaItalia 2010 [Re: Theresa] #1020792
16/04/2010 09:12
16/04/2010 09:12

P
proccy
Unregistered
proccy
Unregistered
P



Originally Posted by Theresa
I'll be doing whatever proccy says laugh


well if current history repeats itself proccy will be saying "push my coop" laugh

Re: SpaItalia 2010 [Re: ] #1020795
16/04/2010 09:15
16/04/2010 09:15
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Theresa Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Theresa  Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Forum Fossil

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Lol laugh

Re: SpaItalia 2010 [Re: Theresa] #1021251
16/04/2010 19:17
16/04/2010 19:17

T
TrevM
Unregistered
TrevM
Unregistered
T



I hope my new mystery passenger is as well behaved as Theresa will be for you Proccy, got a feeling you got the better deal here ! :D

Trev :cool:

Re: SpaItalia 2010 [Re: ] #1021466
17/04/2010 00:55
17/04/2010 00:55
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Theresa Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Theresa  Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Forum Fossil

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
:D

When will the mystery passenger be revealed Trev? :D

Re: SpaItalia 2010 [Re: Theresa] #1021554
17/04/2010 07:58
17/04/2010 07:58

P
porkypaul
Unregistered
porkypaul
Unregistered
P



Matt I'm not in work on the Monday if you fancied stopping over in the Midlands.

Re: SpaItalia 2010 [Re: Theresa] #1021557
17/04/2010 08:03
17/04/2010 08:03

T
TrevM
Unregistered
TrevM
Unregistered
T



[quote]When will the mystery passenger be revealed Trev? [/quote]

As Ms C Cole was not available, (opening a village fete or something) i had to settle for ......





Well i will let he/she/it/they, (think that about covers all)reveal themselves ! ! ! ! :D



Trev :cool:

Just read this back to myself, Ms C Cole... i wish.

Re: SpaItalia 2010 [Re: ] #1021649
17/04/2010 11:52
17/04/2010 11:52
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,747
N.E Scotland
mattB Offline
Club member 6
mattB  Offline
Club member 6
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,747
N.E Scotland
[quote=porkypaul] Matt I'm not in work on the Monday if you fancied stopping over in the Midlands. [/quote]

Loads of Matts on this thread, but I'm going to assume that is aimed at me. That'd be fantastic Paul, thank. I take it you're on the 20:01 ferry back on the Sunday evening too?

Last edited by mattB; 17/04/2010 11:52.

Death-rattle-tastic
Re: SpaItalia 2010 [Re: mattB] #1021737
17/04/2010 15:40
17/04/2010 15:40

P
porkypaul
Unregistered
porkypaul
Unregistered
P



Yeah same ferry time Matt.

Re: SpaItalia 2010 [Re: ] #1022499
19/04/2010 02:02
19/04/2010 02:02
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,961
west bromwich
C
coupedummy Offline
Je suis un Coupé
coupedummy  Offline
Je suis un Coupé
C

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,961
west bromwich
Any more news on weekend social events?Are we all meeting at the hotel for a group dinner etc? convoys to the track.Or organising all that when we get there?

60 days to go guys so getting closer


[Linked Image]
Re: SpaItalia 2010 [Re: coupedummy] #1022527
19/04/2010 08:34
19/04/2010 08:34

P
proccy
Unregistered
proccy
Unregistered
P



[quote=coupedummy]Any more news on weekend social events?Are we all meeting at the hotel for a group dinner etc? convoys to the track.Or organising all that when we get there?

60 days to go guys so getting closer [/quote]

can't wait - one/some of the more experienced guys should put a check-list together so we don't forget anything like helmet, passport etc :cool:

oh and just to add - one compulsory thing (amongst others) is a hi viz vest. i have unlimited access to these for nothing, so don't get going and buying one, just pm me or make a list.... ;)

Last edited by proccy; 19/04/2010 12:21. Reason: oh and just to add
Re: SpaItalia 2010 [Re: ] #1023437
20/04/2010 15:02
20/04/2010 15:02

S
sparco
Unregistered
sparco
Unregistered
S



I promise not to buzz anyone in a coupe but i can't say the same for any Ferraris, Lamborghini's or whatever else happens to be in the way!!!


Re: SpaItalia 2010 [Re: ] #1023538
20/04/2010 17:14
20/04/2010 17:14
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 5,405
Castle Combe
Flea Offline
Forum is my life
Flea  Offline
Forum is my life

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 5,405
Castle Combe
Well I can't wait to get on track with you Marco, "Road Warrior vs Track Warrior"


[Linked Image]

Re: SpaItalia 2010 [Re: Flea] #1023804
21/04/2010 08:15
21/04/2010 08:15

S
sparco
Unregistered
sparco
Unregistered
S



No cheating at the track miond and turning up the power on me. Remember i only run an ickle GT2871 turbo with hardly any horsepower to speak of!!

No should be good you'll love the Scuderia sessions.

Happy birthday by the way, you look great for 54 mate!!!!

Re: SpaItalia 2010 [Re: ] #1023957
21/04/2010 11:46
21/04/2010 11:46
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 22,309
Aldershot
PeteP Offline OP
Hon Club Member 005, Membership Secretary
PeteP  Offline OP
Hon Club Member 005, Membership Secretary
Forum Fossil

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 22,309
Aldershot
I have now booked all tickets and transferred the funds to the organisers.

However there has been a last minute complication.

As you know, this is a special weekend for the Alfa Romeo owners and they had booked the Sunday Scuderia 2 session in its entirety, leaving no space for any other vehicles.
It had also been put back an hour which would have made it almost impossible to catch the 20:01 ferry from Dunkirk.

Accordingly I have booked those particpants onto the Scuderia 1 session on Sunday morning. Unfortunately it starts at 9am, but that is all that was possible.

So that those 7 participants did not have to go staight onto our Coupe session with no intervening break, we have re-arranged our session to run an hour later between 11:00 and 11:30.

I have also agreed that a Ferrari Modena and an Alfa Romeo GTA may join us on our Sunday morning session.

Below is a list of the revised event timing.

I hope everybody is happy with these changes.

Originally Posted by spaItalia timing
:: Timing

Saturday 19.


09:00 – 10:00 Club Quadrifoglio Belgio
10:00 – 11:00 Open
11:00 – 12:00 Scuderia 1
12:00 – 13:00 Break
13:00 – 14:00 Grande Parade 1
14:00 – 15:00 Reserved
15:00 – 16:00 Scuderia 2
16:00 – 17:00 Grande Parade 2
17:00 – 17:30 Fiat Coupe Club UK
17:30 – 18:00 Open

14:00 Start of Rally "balade"
20:00 Evening party in Hotel de l'Eau Rouge


Sunday 20.

09:00 – 10:00 Scuderia 1
10:00 – 11:00 Grande Parade 1
11:00 – 11:30 Fiat Coupe Club UK
11:30 – 12:00 Lamborghini Club Belgium
12:00 – 13:00 Break
13:00 – 14:00 Parade ALFA ROMEO
14:00 – 15:00 Grande Parade 2
15:00 – 16:00 Scuderia 2 (Sold out)
16:00 – 17:00 1000 Virages
17:00 – 18:00 1000 Virages


15:00 Concours d'Elegance - Prizegiving




16VT and X1/9 1500 + e208 Peugeot

We must all do our part for the planet.
I unplugged a row of electric cars that nobody was using.
I even unplugged my own.
Re: SpaItalia 2010 [Re: PeteP] #1024150
21/04/2010 18:01
21/04/2010 18:01
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,799
In the coupe.
magooagain Offline
Club member 259
magooagain  Offline
Club member 259
Forum is my life

Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,799
In the coupe.
Well done Pete,that must have been a right rectum pain mate.
Can i ask what is happening Friday Night please? This Question is open to everyone.Also saturday for that matter?
Also are we bbq ing on Saturday lunch? If so,lets get sorted.ie,everyone bring some bbq grub ?
Throw away bbq's worked well last year.
Remember the French Lads did us proud last year.
We found a local butcher that was brill for bbq meat etc in Stavelot.(nearest to Spa track).
Let me know everyones thoughts please.
I may get there before most of you ,so could do a reccy etc.



Re: SpaItalia 2010 [Re: magooagain] #1024153
21/04/2010 18:03
21/04/2010 18:03

P
proccy
Unregistered
proccy
Unregistered
P



i'm up for any/all socialising that involves beer and food - i'm a crap cook but i can buy stuff ok :D

Re: SpaItalia 2010 [Re: ] #1024187
21/04/2010 19:07
21/04/2010 19:07
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,961
west bromwich
C
coupedummy Offline
Je suis un Coupé
coupedummy  Offline
Je suis un Coupé
C

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,961
west bromwich
Footies on friday so wouldnt mind checking that out while socialising with food and drink


[Linked Image]
Re: SpaItalia 2010 [Re: PeteP] #1024188
21/04/2010 19:08
21/04/2010 19:08
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,961
west bromwich
C
coupedummy Offline
Je suis un Coupé
coupedummy  Offline
Je suis un Coupé
C

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,961
west bromwich
Originally Posted by petep
I have now booked all tickets and transferred the funds to the organisers.

However there has been a last minute complication.

As you know, this is a special weekend for the Alfa Romeo owners and they had booked the Sunday Scuderia 2 session in its entirety, leaving no space for any other vehicles.
It had also been put back an hour which would have made it almost impossible to catch the 20:01 ferry from Dunkirk.

Accordingly I have booked those particpants onto the Scuderia 1 session on Sunday morning. Unfortunately it starts at 9am, but that is all that was possible.

So that those 7 participants did not have to go staight onto our Coupe session with no intervening break, we have re-arranged our session to run an hour later between 11:00 and 11:30.

I have also agreed that a Ferrari Modena and an Alfa Romeo GTA may join us on our Sunday morning session.

Below is a list of the revised event timing.

I hope everybody is happy with these changes.

Originally Posted by spaItalia timing
:: Timing

Saturday 19.


09:00 – 10:00 Club Quadrifoglio Belgio
10:00 – 11:00 Open
11:00 – 12:00 Scuderia 1
12:00 – 13:00 Break
13:00 – 14:00 Grande Parade 1
14:00 – 15:00 Reserved
15:00 – 16:00 Scuderia 2
16:00 – 17:00 Grande Parade 2
17:00 – 17:30 Fiat Coupe Club UK
17:30 – 18:00 Open

14:00 Start of Rally "balade"
20:00 Evening party in Hotel de l'Eau Rouge


Sunday 20.

09:00 – 10:00 Scuderia 1
10:00 – 11:00 Grande Parade 1
11:00 – 11:30 Fiat Coupe Club UK
11:30 – 12:00 Lamborghini Club Belgium
12:00 – 13:00 Break
13:00 – 14:00 Parade ALFA ROMEO
14:00 – 15:00 Grande Parade 2
15:00 – 16:00 Scuderia 2 (Sold out)
16:00 – 17:00 1000 Virages
17:00 – 18:00 1000 Virages


15:00 Concours d'Elegance - Prizegiving





To be honest the coupe session later on the sunday helps. Gives us opportunity to have a few light beers on sat night and feel decent for the morning


[Linked Image]
Page 31 of 43 1 2 … 29 30 31 32 33 … 42 43

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.032s Queries: 15 (0.024s) Memory: 0.7398 MB (Peak: 0.9535 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 12:31:44 UTC