|
0 registered members (),
1,089
guests, and 2
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics)
[Re: Cappo]
#1042493
25/05/2010 17:39
25/05/2010 17:39
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947 North wales
pinin_prestatyn
OP
Forum veteran
|
OP
Forum veteran
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
|
Same spot I always take my coops, Prestatyn Sea-front: It's always sunny when I get a new one! must be something about good weather that makes you want a Coop. ..Sunny again on the first day I had my first one!
 Coopless!
|
|
|
Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics)
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#1042611
25/05/2010 21:30
25/05/2010 21:30
|
sparkyman
Unregistered
|
sparkyman
Unregistered
|
Good news , nice looking coupe 
|
|
|
Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics)
[Re: ]
#1042824
26/05/2010 11:27
26/05/2010 11:27
|
TimR
Unregistered
|
TimR
Unregistered
|
That's a lovely looking car - the silver really suits the coupe, almost as much as Scotts Green. 
|
|
|
Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics)
[Re: ]
#1042898
26/05/2010 13:06
26/05/2010 13:06
|
Lucifer
Unregistered
|
Lucifer
Unregistered
|
Congrats! Love the Coupé in silver, looks like a nice example too 
|
|
|
Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics)
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#1042927
26/05/2010 13:42
26/05/2010 13:42
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206 england
came2dance
I AM a Coop
|
I AM a Coop
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206
england
|
Same spot I always take my WOMEN, Prestatyn Sea-front: It's always sunny when I get a new one! must be something about good weather that makes you want a Coop. ..Sunny again on the first day I had my first one! Nice Car Matt. We'll have to have a meet down yours then I can get to see you it in the flesh 
![[Linked Image]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/came2dance/1.jpg) www.chrisdoyle-photography.co.uk
|
|
|
Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics)
[Re: Barmybob]
#1043045
26/05/2010 18:03
26/05/2010 18:03
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,572 Northampton England
Sedicivalvole
Forum is my life
|
Forum is my life
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,572
Northampton England
|
I am really surprised you got rid of Malc so easily!
However welcome erm.. back? Or as Nigel said. You never left!
We all knew it would happen congratulations!
Vinci Grey LE Alfa 147 GTA 3.2 V6 BMW E92 M3 4.0 V8 Fiat Tipo Sedicivalvole 2.0 16v ABS
|
|
|
Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics)
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#1043445
27/05/2010 10:51
27/05/2010 10:51
|
Lucifer
Unregistered
|
Lucifer
Unregistered
|
Now get that 106 off your sig S'gone to JBT. I'm left with a tasty maroon Ford KA for the next two weeks. It'll make me appreciate her more! ..and for now let's see the maroon Ka on your sig 
|
|
|
Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics)
[Re: ]
#1043719
27/05/2010 17:44
27/05/2010 17:44
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947 North wales
pinin_prestatyn
OP
Forum veteran
|
OP
Forum veteran
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
|
You know it's not going to be good when JBT asks you to sit down before giving you a quote  Worse case scenario..... are you ready for it? .........£1900  It needs a LOT of work. Clutch is on it's way out. Most suspension parts need replacing. Steering rack could be FUBAR. Manifold, aircon needs at least a regass. Then a full service. Cambelt is due. There was other stuff as well. That's £500 more than what I paid for the car  I was expecting a fairly large bill; any cheap coop will need work. But that still came as a shock. I'll have to swallow it and cough up, I guess then I'll know that I have a coupé which needs absolutely nothing for a few years for the total cost of just over three grand. Barnacle, still interested in a good condition spleen? PM me
 Coopless!
|
|
|
Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics)
[Re: barnacle]
#1044202
28/05/2010 17:16
28/05/2010 17:16
|
johnnybravoturbo
Unregistered
|
johnnybravoturbo
Unregistered
|
Sorry Matt,wish it were better news,. Unfortunately sometimes you come across a coupe that looks tidy from the outside but everything,and i mean everything underneath needs doing. This is one. But youll notice one hell of a difference when its done,as its unsafe how it is. Make sure you wash my Ka everyday  .
|
|
|
Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics)
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#1044220
28/05/2010 17:43
28/05/2010 17:43
|
neil20vt
Unregistered
|
neil20vt
Unregistered
|
You know it's not going to be good when JBT asks you to sit down before giving you a quote  Worse case scenario..... are you ready for it? .........£1900  It needs a LOT of work. Clutch is on it's way out. Most suspension parts need replacing. Steering rack could be FUBAR. Manifold, aircon needs at least a regass. Then a full service. Cambelt is due. There was other stuff as well. That's £500 more than what I paid for the car  I was expecting a fairly large bill; any cheap coop will need work. But that still came as a shock. I'll have to swallow it and cough up, I guess then I'll know that I have a coupé which needs absolutely nothing for a few years for the total cost of just over three grand. Barnacle, still interested in a good condition spleen? PM me Exactly - it's not a lot of money for a sorted coupe. You might have paid £1000 more for a car that needed less doing but chances are over the first year the bills would still have come in - perhaps at intervals so that you didn't really notice. Ultimately you would have paid just as much.
|
|
|
Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics)
[Re: ]
#1044222
28/05/2010 17:45
28/05/2010 17:45
|
Justin_P
Unregistered
|
Justin_P
Unregistered
|
welcome home pinin!
Agree with Neil, most of those bits would prob need doing in the not too distant future anyway and the interior and exterior of yours looks tops so its a winner i reckon
|
|
|
Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics)
[Re: ]
#1058201
23/06/2010 22:41
23/06/2010 22:41
|
johnnybravoturbo
Unregistered
|
johnnybravoturbo
Unregistered
|
Word on the street is that your Coupe is on the ramp and is in progress. Ka days are numbered Matt 
|
|
|
Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics)
[Re: ]
#1058348
24/06/2010 09:39
24/06/2010 09:39
|
johnnybravoturbo
Unregistered
|
johnnybravoturbo
Unregistered
|
off with the driver's door though. It just won't let you in using the key That was working fine before yoou had it. Thats your £300 security deposit gone. And there best not be any dents on it.Especially on the passenger door. 
|
|
|
Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics)
[Re: ]
#1060829
28/06/2010 15:25
28/06/2010 15:25
|
Bigtop
Unregistered
|
Bigtop
Unregistered
|
Alrite mate, hope to see you up prestatyn high street soon! you dont know how to fix sidelights do you?  Bigtop
|
|
|
Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics)
[Re: ]
#1068788
12/07/2010 22:56
12/07/2010 22:56
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947 North wales
pinin_prestatyn
OP
Forum veteran
|
OP
Forum veteran
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
|
Really fed up now. I've just spent two thousand pounds servicing the car, and it's still not right. It's not performing like a healthy 20VT should. There's a funny whirring noise appeared yesterday when it's on boost. I've been told it could be a blocked cat, but having NO money, I just have to put up with it, until I can. I owe big time now, and I don't even want to drive it, it just makes me angry. The icing on the cake? bought a G-Tech 1 a couple of weeks ago, and it's been sat in an opened envelope. My old dear, on a cleaning spree, has chucked it out  I wish I'd kept the Rallye now  And finally, I'm on the first day of my self-imposed diet today, and I'm dying for cake, which never helps. Feel 10% better getting that off my chest.
 Coopless!
|
|
|
Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics)
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#1068798
12/07/2010 23:11
12/07/2010 23:11
|
coopee
Unregistered
|
coopee
Unregistered
|
hello i remember you from the old days. ive just got a coop looks good on the outer but oh dear needs alot of work why do we do it , mine is in the front garden in a pile of pieces , but hey have faith . i do . i think.
|
|
|
Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics)
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#1068805
12/07/2010 23:28
12/07/2010 23:28
|
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 792 Stafford
sandytim
Enjoying the ride
|
Enjoying the ride
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 792
Stafford
|
Really fed up now. I've just spent two thousand pounds servicing the car, and it's still not right. It's not performing like a healthy 20VT should. There's a funny whirring noise appeared yesterday when it's on boost. I've been told it could be a blocked cat, but having NO money, I just have to put up with it, until I can. I owe big time now, and I don't even want to drive it, it just makes me angry. The icing on the cake? bought a G-Tech 1 a couple of weeks ago, and it's been sat in an opened envelope. My old dear, on a cleaning spree, has chucked it out  I wish I'd kept the Rallye now  And finally, I'm on the first day of my self-imposed diet today, and I'm dying for cake, which never helps. Feel 10% better getting that off my chest. It's not all bad then...at least you old dear had a tidy up !!
|
|
|
Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics)
[Re: ]
#1068806
12/07/2010 23:33
12/07/2010 23:33
|
ooherr
Unregistered
|
ooherr
Unregistered
|
After reading this thread , I really do feel for you on this one  I couldn't help but notice you took a member with you to look at the vehicle prior to buying it....it just shows that these coupes can bite you in the arse, even with educated eyes giving it the once over!!! ...A Warning to all prospective buyers here !
|
|
|
Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics)
[Re: ]
#1069065
13/07/2010 13:49
13/07/2010 13:49
|
DanielTheManual
Unregistered
|
DanielTheManual
Unregistered
|
I hope you manage to source a temporary exhaust to swap over and test. No-one likes to see a sad Coupe owner, especially when they've spent £££s!
Good luck with getting it sorted pinin.
|
|
|
Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics)
[Re: ]
#1096601
05/09/2010 13:37
05/09/2010 13:37
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947 North wales
pinin_prestatyn
OP
Forum veteran
|
OP
Forum veteran
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
|
Got round to fitting the Plus alloys tonight, and gave her a good clean. As Patch did say, it returned it to how she was the day he did the detail  I couldn't help but drive to the usual spot and got some of the best photo's I've ever took. The weather was just so and it was a clear day. Then when I got home my camera had managed to mess up every picture  I need a new camera. Only pic that I could salvage was this one. Never mind. Loving the plus alloys  Freshly powder coated and 100% MINT. What do you think?
 Coopless!
|
|
|
Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics)
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#1096625
05/09/2010 15:16
05/09/2010 15:16
|
johnnybravoturbo
Unregistered
|
johnnybravoturbo
Unregistered
|
Looking good Matt, That would also be a good spot for proccy to get a picture of himself taken for the internet dating carry on 
|
|
|
|