Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Robski1337), 1,372 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics) [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1042489
25/05/2010 17:29
25/05/2010 17:29
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,478
Both feet in Meldrew Ave
Cappo Offline
Forum is my life
Cappo  Offline
Forum is my life

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,478
Both feet in Meldrew Ave
click to enlarge

Well done PP, this picture above is calendarworthy!





Habeus Maximus V8 Nihilum

Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics) [Re: Cappo] #1042493
25/05/2010 17:39
25/05/2010 17:39
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
Same spot I always take my coops, Prestatyn Sea-front:

click to enlarge

It's always sunny when I get a new one! must be something about good weather that makes you want a Coop.

click to enlarge

..Sunny again on the first day I had my first one!



Coopless!
Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics) [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1042511
25/05/2010 18:13
25/05/2010 18:13
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
bockers Offline
Hon Club Member 007
bockers  Offline
Hon Club Member 007
Forum Fossil

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
A Charmonix green Matt, not many of them about. Love the new steel grey one, that interior is mint.

Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics) [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1042611
25/05/2010 21:30
25/05/2010 21:30

S
sparkyman
Unregistered
sparkyman
Unregistered
S



Good news , nice looking coupe smile

Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics) [Re: ] #1042824
26/05/2010 11:27
26/05/2010 11:27

T
TimR
Unregistered
TimR
Unregistered
T



That's a lovely looking car - the silver really suits the coupe, almost as much as Scotts Green. laugh

Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics) [Re: ] #1042898
26/05/2010 13:06
26/05/2010 13:06

L
Lucifer
Unregistered
Lucifer
Unregistered
L



Congrats!

Love the Coupé in silver, looks like a nice example too cool

Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics) [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1042927
26/05/2010 13:42
26/05/2010 13:42
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206
england
came2dance Offline
I AM a Coop
came2dance  Offline
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206
england
Originally Posted by pinin_prestatyn
Same spot I always take my WOMEN, Prestatyn Sea-front:

click to enlarge

It's always sunny when I get a new one! must be something about good weather that makes you want a Coop.

click to enlarge

..Sunny again on the first day I had my first one!


Nice Car Matt. We'll have to have a meet down yours then I can get to see you it in the flesh love


[Linked Image]www.chrisdoyle-photography.co.uk

Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics) [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1042946
26/05/2010 14:04
26/05/2010 14:04
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,127
South Cambs
B
Barmybob Offline
Hon Club Member: 003
Barmybob  Offline
Hon Club Member: 003
Je suis un Coupé
B

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,127
South Cambs
Great to see you back in a Coupé Matt cool

Now get that 106 off your sig hehe


Gone Audi mad!
Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics) [Re: Barmybob] #1043045
26/05/2010 18:03
26/05/2010 18:03
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,572
Northampton England
Sedicivalvole Offline
Forum is my life
Sedicivalvole  Offline
Forum is my life

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,572
Northampton England
I am really surprised you got rid of Malc so easily!

However welcome erm.. back? Or as Nigel said. You never left!

We all knew it would happen congratulations!



Vinci Grey LE
Alfa 147 GTA 3.2 V6
BMW E92 M3 4.0 V8
Fiat Tipo Sedicivalvole 2.0 16v ABS
Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics) [Re: Sedicivalvole] #1043290
26/05/2010 23:31
26/05/2010 23:31
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
S'gone to JBT. I'm left with a tasty maroon Ford KA for the next two weeks. It'll make me appreciate her more!



Coopless!
Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics) [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1043416
27/05/2010 10:09
27/05/2010 10:09
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,572
Northampton England
Sedicivalvole Offline
Forum is my life
Sedicivalvole  Offline
Forum is my life

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,572
Northampton England
sick


Vinci Grey LE
Alfa 147 GTA 3.2 V6
BMW E92 M3 4.0 V8
Fiat Tipo Sedicivalvole 2.0 16v ABS
Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics) [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1043445
27/05/2010 10:51
27/05/2010 10:51

L
Lucifer
Unregistered
Lucifer
Unregistered
L



Originally Posted by Barmybob

Now get that 106 off your sig hehe


Originally Posted by pinin_prestatyn
S'gone to JBT. I'm left with a tasty maroon Ford KA for the next two weeks. It'll make me appreciate her more!


..and for now let's see the maroon Ka on your sig hehe

Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics) [Re: ] #1043719
27/05/2010 17:44
27/05/2010 17:44
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
You know it's not going to be good when JBT asks you to sit down before giving you a quote crazy

Worse case scenario.....


are you ready for it?


.........£1900 shocked

It needs a LOT of work. Clutch is on it's way out. Most suspension parts need replacing. Steering rack could be FUBAR. Manifold, aircon needs at least a regass. Then a full service. Cambelt is due. There was other stuff as well.
That's £500 more than what I paid for the car laugh I was expecting a fairly large bill; any cheap coop will need work. But that still came as a shock.
I'll have to swallow it and cough up, I guess then I'll know that I have a coupé which needs absolutely nothing for a few years for the total cost of just over three grand.

Barnacle, still interested in a good condition spleen? PM me laugh



Coopless!
Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics) [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1043768
27/05/2010 19:53
27/05/2010 19:53
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
barnacle Offline
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
barnacle  Offline
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
Forum Demigod

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
Originally Posted by pinin_prestatyn

Barnacle, still interested in a good condition spleen? PM me laugh


Nah, apparently they grow back, with time. Besides, I'll be spending more than that next month trying to squeeze a coupe into a quantum...


[Linked Image]
Don't get no respect! Coupe Fiat 1994-2000 - an owner's guide <-- clicky!
Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics) [Re: barnacle] #1044202
28/05/2010 17:16
28/05/2010 17:16

J
johnnybravoturbo
Unregistered
johnnybravoturbo
Unregistered
J



Sorry Matt,wish it were better news,.
Unfortunately sometimes you come across a coupe that looks tidy from the outside but everything,and i mean everything underneath needs doing.
This is one.
But youll notice one hell of a difference when its done,as its unsafe how it is.
Make sure you wash my Ka everyday laugh .

Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics) [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1044220
28/05/2010 17:43
28/05/2010 17:43

N
neil20vt
Unregistered
neil20vt
Unregistered
N



Originally Posted by pinin_prestatyn
You know it's not going to be good when JBT asks you to sit down before giving you a quote crazy

Worse case scenario.....


are you ready for it?


.........£1900 shocked

It needs a LOT of work. Clutch is on it's way out. Most suspension parts need replacing. Steering rack could be FUBAR. Manifold, aircon needs at least a regass. Then a full service. Cambelt is due. There was other stuff as well.
That's £500 more than what I paid for the car laugh I was expecting a fairly large bill; any cheap coop will need work. But that still came as a shock.
I'll have to swallow it and cough up, I guess then I'll know that I have a coupé which needs absolutely nothing for a few years for the total cost of just over three grand.

Barnacle, still interested in a good condition spleen? PM me laugh


Exactly - it's not a lot of money for a sorted coupe. You might have paid £1000 more for a car that needed less doing but chances are over the first year the bills would still have come in - perhaps at intervals so that you didn't really notice. Ultimately you would have paid just as much.

Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics) [Re: ] #1044222
28/05/2010 17:45
28/05/2010 17:45

J
Justin_P
Unregistered
Justin_P
Unregistered
J



welcome home pinin!

Agree with Neil, most of those bits would prob need doing in the not too distant future anyway and the interior and exterior of yours looks tops so its a winner i reckon

Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics) [Re: ] #1058201
23/06/2010 22:41
23/06/2010 22:41

J
johnnybravoturbo
Unregistered
johnnybravoturbo
Unregistered
J



Word on the street is that your Coupe is on the ramp and is in progress.
Ka days are numbered Matt laugh

Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics) [Re: ] #1058247
24/06/2010 00:09
24/06/2010 00:09
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
Thanks for that laugh What a shed. Actually, I'm a bit harsh on that little brum-brum. It gets you from A to B and sips fuel I guess. Overtook a biddy on the way home from footy yesteday, you need a calendar to count how long it took, scary shocked I'm major peed off with the driver's door though. It just won't let you in using the key frown
Look after my baby! Feel free to put all your go-faster bits from your dead LE onto mine - I'll bung you a tenner laugh



Coopless!
Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics) [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1058253
24/06/2010 00:20
24/06/2010 00:20

J
JKD
Unregistered
JKD
Unregistered
J



click to enlarge

Beautiful car, beautiful picture.

thumb

Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics) [Re: ] #1058348
24/06/2010 09:39
24/06/2010 09:39

J
johnnybravoturbo
Unregistered
johnnybravoturbo
Unregistered
J



Quote
off with the driver's door though. It just won't let you in using the key

That was working fine before yoou had it.
Thats your £300 security deposit gone.
And there best not be any dents on it.Especially on the passenger door. laugh

Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics) [Re: ] #1060829
28/06/2010 15:25
28/06/2010 15:25

B
Bigtop
Unregistered
Bigtop
Unregistered
B



Alrite mate, hope to see you up prestatyn high street soon!

you dont know how to fix sidelights do you?

laugh

Bigtop

Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics) [Re: ] #1068788
12/07/2010 22:56
12/07/2010 22:56
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
Really fed up now. I've just spent two thousand pounds servicing the car, and it's still not right. It's not performing like a healthy 20VT should. There's a funny whirring noise appeared yesterday when it's on boost. I've been told it could be a blocked cat, but having NO money, I just have to put up with it, until I can. I owe big time now, and I don't even want to drive it, it just makes me angry. The icing on the cake? bought a G-Tech 1 a couple of weeks ago, and it's been sat in an opened envelope. My old dear, on a cleaning spree, has chucked it out crazy I wish I'd kept the Rallye now frown And finally, I'm on the first day of my self-imposed diet today, and I'm dying for cake, which never helps.

Feel 10% better getting that off my chest.



Coopless!
Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics) [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1068798
12/07/2010 23:11
12/07/2010 23:11

C
coopee
Unregistered
coopee
Unregistered
C



hello i remember you from the old days. ive just got a coop looks good on the outer but oh dear needs alot of work why do we do it , mine is in the front garden in a pile of pieces , but hey have faith . i do . i think.

Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics) [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1068805
12/07/2010 23:28
12/07/2010 23:28
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 792
Stafford
sandytim Offline
Enjoying the ride
sandytim  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 792
Stafford
Originally Posted by pinin_prestatyn
Really fed up now. I've just spent two thousand pounds servicing the car, and it's still not right. It's not performing like a healthy 20VT should. There's a funny whirring noise appeared yesterday when it's on boost. I've been told it could be a blocked cat, but having NO money, I just have to put up with it, until I can. I owe big time now, and I don't even want to drive it, it just makes me angry. The icing on the cake? bought a G-Tech 1 a couple of weeks ago, and it's been sat in an opened envelope. My old dear, on a cleaning spree, has chucked it out crazy I wish I'd kept the Rallye now frown And finally, I'm on the first day of my self-imposed diet today, and I'm dying for cake, which never helps.

Feel 10% better getting that off my chest.

It's not all bad then...at least you old dear had a tidy up !!


[Linked Image]
Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics) [Re: ] #1068806
12/07/2010 23:33
12/07/2010 23:33

O
ooherr
Unregistered
ooherr
Unregistered
O



After reading this thread , I really do feel for you on this one frown
I couldn't help but notice you took a member with you to look at the vehicle prior to buying it....it just shows that these coupes can bite you in the arse, even with educated eyes giving it the once over!!!
...A Warning to all prospective buyers here !

Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics) [Re: ] #1069065
13/07/2010 13:49
13/07/2010 13:49

D
DanielTheManual
Unregistered
DanielTheManual
Unregistered
D



I hope you manage to source a temporary exhaust to swap over and test. No-one likes to see a sad Coupe owner, especially when they've spent £££s!

Good luck with getting it sorted pinin.

Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics) [Re: ] #1096601
05/09/2010 13:37
05/09/2010 13:37
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
Got round to fitting the Plus alloys tonight, and gave her a good clean. As Patch did say, it returned it to how she was the day he did the detail cool I couldn't help but drive to the usual spot and got some of the best photo's I've ever took. The weather was just so and it was a clear day. Then when I got home my camera had managed to mess up every picture grr I need a new camera. Only pic that I could salvage was this one. Never mind. Loving the plus alloys cool Freshly powder coated and 100% MINT. What do you think?



Coopless!
Re: Back in a coupé at last! (with pics) [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1096625
05/09/2010 15:16
05/09/2010 15:16

J
johnnybravoturbo
Unregistered
johnnybravoturbo
Unregistered
J



Looking good Matt,
That would also be a good spot for proccy to get a picture of himself taken for the internet dating carry on laugh

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.019s Queries: 15 (0.013s) Memory: 0.7297 MB (Peak: 0.9609 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 22:45:48 UTC