Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,286 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Original Parts #1046872
03/06/2010 04:27
03/06/2010 04:27
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,723
Brisbane, Australia
Possum Offline OP
My life on the forum
Possum  Offline OP
My life on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,723
Brisbane, Australia
Just received an order from Steve at AA which arrived on time, as usual.

During our discussions, I asked him if he could also obtain a heater tap (Fiat Part 7754042) as I did not think that this would be available "Downunder".
Steve did his best and was advised by Fiat UK that this would be ex Italy. So I thought I would try my local Dealer here and yes, it would have to be ex Italy. But I must give the parts guy his dues as he said he would put 000 in front of the number and check the Alfa site.

We were in luck and available from Sydney (overnight). The tap fits the late model GT and Spyder (both sold here) plus a few other models. It pays to have a good Spare Parts Interpreter. The packaging has both the Fiat and Alfa numbers on it.

Now just have to fit it as winter is coming on and will degunk the console at the same time and repalce a blown lamp behind the heater controls. Thank goodness for the "How to" to have the instructions to pull it all out. Hope mine comes up as well as others on this site.


Re: Original Parts [Re: Possum] #1047048
03/06/2010 13:21
03/06/2010 13:21

A
ally_f
Unregistered
ally_f
Unregistered
A



Blimey, an on the ball parts guy...in a fiat dealership...!?

Re: Original Parts [Re: ] #1047189
03/06/2010 19:24
03/06/2010 19:24

S
shinyshoes
Unregistered
shinyshoes
Unregistered
S



rare in my neck of the woods i can assure you!!

Re: Original Parts [Re: ] #1047552
04/06/2010 12:14
04/06/2010 12:14

A
ally_f
Unregistered
ally_f
Unregistered
A



I ordered a new brake disc back plate yesterday so will be interesting to see if I get the right bit.

Last time I ordered a rear tow eye cover and one of the prongs was snapped off and missing INSIDE the sealed bag (but didnt notice until I'd opened it) and before than was an interier door trim, again cracked and useless before I got it.

but fingers crossed...

Re: Original Parts [Re: ] #1047562
04/06/2010 12:21
04/06/2010 12:21

R
RICHB
Unregistered
RICHB
Unregistered
R



Originally Posted by ally_f
I ordered a new brake disc back plate yesterday so will be interesting to see if I get the right bit.


does anything else need to be removed in order to replace these? mine are a bit corroded.....so not sure whether to repair in situ, or buy new.....

Re: Original Parts [Re: ] #1047624
04/06/2010 14:43
04/06/2010 14:43
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,207
ation
szkom Offline
Club member 2000
szkom  Offline
Club member 2000
Forum is my life

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,207
ation
Originally Posted by ally_f
Blimey, an on the ball parts guy...in a fiat dealership...!?


The guy in my local dealership is fantastic, very helpful and knowledgeable.

Re: Original Parts [Re: szkom] #1047638
04/06/2010 15:39
04/06/2010 15:39

R
RICHB
Unregistered
RICHB
Unregistered
R



Originally Posted by szkom
The guy in my local dealership is fantastic, very helpful and knowledgeable.


A rare breed indeed.......

Re: Original Parts [Re: ] #1047644
04/06/2010 15:50
04/06/2010 15:50

A
ally_f
Unregistered
ally_f
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by RICHB
Originally Posted by ally_f
I ordered a new brake disc back plate yesterday so will be interesting to see if I get the right bit.


does anything else need to be removed in order to replace these? mine are a bit corroded.....so not sure whether to repair in situ, or buy new.....


I'll let you know when I've done it, I'm guessing just the caliper and disc though.

Re: Original Parts [Re: ] #1047665
04/06/2010 16:28
04/06/2010 16:28

R
RICHB
Unregistered
RICHB
Unregistered
R



Originally Posted by ally_f
I'll let you know when I've done it, I'm guessing just the caliper and disc though.


cool, cheers laugh


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.020s Queries: 14 (0.015s) Memory: 0.6207 MB (Peak: 0.6966 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 23:29:20 UTC