Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,286 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Need advice - who's got the apexi and non-SIP? #1077216
27/07/2010 23:41
27/07/2010 23:41
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
I've bought myself a lovely stainless steel air filter for the coop, but I need to buy the silicone hosing that links it to the MAF. I remember it was something like a 45 degree bend ?76? mm diameter hose with something like (and don't laugh here) "100 legs" NOT a centipede laugh I think Jimbo knows the answer to this. I did a group buy for the hose when everyone was buying the Apexi a few years ago, but I can't find the thread now (may have been pruned)
Anyone a bit more enlightened than I?



Coopless!
Re: Need advice - who's got the apexi and non-SIP? [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1077257
28/07/2010 00:38
28/07/2010 00:38
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
Okay, a bit of searching reveals, I should be looking for the following...

76mm, 45 degree bend silicone hose, with 102mm legs.

Before I buy, can anyone tell me with confidence this is what I want?



Coopless!
Re: Need advice - who's got the apexi and non-SIP? [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1077311
28/07/2010 03:37
28/07/2010 03:37
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Theresa Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Theresa  Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Forum Fossil

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
I can't tell you with confidence, as to what you want/need, sorry.

If it's any help though, I bought the K&N induction kit, which came with the piping and filter, etc.

After a while, I bought the Apexi air filter with the adapter plate and it fits straight on to the K&N piping, so got rid of the K&N filter.

Don't know if it helps, but at least it's better than the answers you haven't had so far laugh

Re: Need advice - who's got the apexi and non-SIP? [Re: Theresa] #1077520
28/07/2010 13:39
28/07/2010 13:39
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,707
Gone
J
Jimbo Offline
Je suis un Coupé
Jimbo  Offline
Je suis un Coupé
J

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,707
Gone
Yes, I know the answer.

Re: Need advice - who's got the apexi and non-SIP? [Re: Jimbo] #1077687
28/07/2010 18:26
28/07/2010 18:26
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
Lol so do I! I thought I may still have the email from the original purchase of the same hose in 2006, and there it was! Case closed, as you were!



Coopless!

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.014s Queries: 14 (0.009s) Memory: 0.6147 MB (Peak: 0.6638 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 23:39:45 UTC