Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,286 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A surprise! Another coupé in our family! #1093597
29/08/2010 18:21
29/08/2010 18:21
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
stan Offline OP
Dr. Frankenstan
stan  Offline OP
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
There I was, sitting watching the end of the F1 Forum on Red Button, when I spotted out of the corner of my eye, an Ink Black coupé pulling up outside our house (the few who have visited here will know that you don't just "pull up" outside our house, it's a long story, and driveway! laugh )......

Anyway, I dismissed it as "maybe someone is lost" or "a visitor for the neighbours" as we seldom get visitors (I must work on my hospitality skills! blush ).

Then the doorbell rang........and it was my brother-in-law!

"Come and have a look at what I just bought" says he, "Looks just like yours!" shocked

Unbelievable!

He's travelled from Scotland to Scarborough having put a cheeky ebay bid on a 20v na and only won it! shocked

Had a look and he's done rather well!

What he paid for it I won't reveal, much, because I've pointed him towards the forum, but suffice to say less than £500! shocked

Had a look around and for that he's managed to get a car with some history, in reasonable condition, still with MOT/Tax on it, nice alloys, leather, sunroof (works), and aircon!

Oh, and the red key!

Tried to cram as much info into him as possible in the time he was here, and bored him to death with photos of the rebuild of Project Jigsaw zzz

One of the things I'd said about was the thermostat and sure enough as he was leaving he fired it up and wondered why the fans were on, and I pointed out his injector light was on, but apart from that (and the missing spare wheel/toolkit) he's done very, very well!

I hate him! punch

laugh

I cannot believe the value, or lack of value, of these cars! shocked

Anyway, if I'm not on the forum much in the next few months it's because I'll be helping him out.....


[Linked Image]
Re: A surprise! Another coupé in our family! [Re: stan] #1093609
29/08/2010 19:01
29/08/2010 19:01
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,313
FCSS 01684 593187
Countrycruising Offline
Club member 914
Countrycruising  Offline
Club member 914
Forum veteran

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,313
FCSS 01684 593187
laugh this is great Stan thumb

Now make sure he joins the forum and pays the £15 wink

Re: A surprise! Another coupé in our family! [Re: stan] #1093610
29/08/2010 19:02
29/08/2010 19:02

T
TheAudioGuy
Unregistered
TheAudioGuy
Unregistered
T



wait till he goes out in a 20vt!

Re: A surprise! Another coupé in our family! [Re: Countrycruising] #1093614
29/08/2010 19:08
29/08/2010 19:08
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
stan Offline OP
Dr. Frankenstan
stan  Offline OP
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
Originally Posted by Countrycruising
laugh this is great Stan thumb

Now make sure he joins the forum and pays the £15 wink


Already on it Joe! laugh

Given him a quick tour of the forum, in particular how to search and where to buy parts from wink

His first question? "What type of oil....?" punch

laugh

I did point him towards the correct oil (I couldn't lock him up for that really! laugh ).


Yeah AG, he's already said that the 20v na has a lot of oomph, so imagine how he'd feel in a 20vt! shocked

Then again he's intending to use this as a daily driver, so I've run through the pre-winter prep that he *must* do if he doesn't want to be stuck outside the car on a freezing cold day, or unable to refuel it, or unable to release the handbrake! laugh

I still feel sick, I think he's got a bargain! sick

Lucky git!


[Linked Image]
Re: A surprise! Another coupé in our family! [Re: stan] #1093633
29/08/2010 19:57
29/08/2010 19:57
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,313
FCSS 01684 593187
Countrycruising Offline
Club member 914
Countrycruising  Offline
Club member 914
Forum veteran

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,313
FCSS 01684 593187
I think he's one lucky guy to have you take him under your wing, talk about knowing the right person to ask questions and find info laugh

20v n/a Coupe are real bargain cars at the moment, I'll expand more on this tomorrow smile

Re: A surprise! Another coupé in our family! [Re: stan] #1093673
29/08/2010 21:45
29/08/2010 21:45
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
barnacle Offline
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
barnacle  Offline
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
Forum Demigod

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
Originally Posted by stan
There I was, sitting watching the end of the F1 Forum on Red Button, when I spotted out of the corner of my eye, an Ink Black coupé pulling up outside our house (the few who have visited here will know that you don't just "pull up" outside our house, it's a long story, and driveway! laugh )......


Betcha thought it was Tuesday... watch the skies!


[Linked Image]
Don't get no respect! Coupe Fiat 1994-2000 - an owner's guide <-- clicky!
Re: A surprise! Another coupé in our family! [Re: barnacle] #1093707
30/08/2010 00:21
30/08/2010 00:21
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Theresa Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Theresa  Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Forum Fossil

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Lol, you'll have to be careful about what you say in your postings now stan laugh

Re: A surprise! Another coupé in our family! [Re: Theresa] #1093710
30/08/2010 00:24
30/08/2010 00:24

S
shinyshoes
Unregistered
shinyshoes
Unregistered
S



stan, where has your project thread gone?!

Re: A surprise! Another coupé in our family! [Re: ] #1093752
30/08/2010 10:05
30/08/2010 10:05
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
stan Offline OP
Dr. Frankenstan
stan  Offline OP
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
Originally Posted by Theresa
Lol, you'll have to be careful about what you say in your postings now stan laugh


Nah, if he joins the forum he'll back up everything I say about Mrs Stan wink

Oh, and I'm sure he'd never reveal "our" special relationship.....not if he values his big ends! wink

laugh

Originally Posted by shinyshoes
stan, where has your project thread gone?!


Never had one, when I did the project there wasn't a project section on the forum.

Maybe, during the quiet and cold winter months I might cobble a thread together because looking back at the photographs, of which there are hundreds, it occurred to me that a lot of questions could have been answered in the technical sections if I'd only remembered that I'd taken all those photos.


[Linked Image]
Re: A surprise! Another coupé in our family! [Re: stan] #1093828
30/08/2010 13:33
30/08/2010 13:33
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,919
Stoke-on-Trent duck!
T
Tommy_Coop23 Offline
My life on the forum
Tommy_Coop23  Offline
My life on the forum
T

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,919
Stoke-on-Trent duck!
I cannot believe the value, or lack of value, of these cars! shocked

I cant think of any other car where you get so much for so little smile


I'll be back smile

Alor Blue Seat Leon FR 180 atm smile

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.019s Queries: 14 (0.012s) Memory: 0.6457 MB (Peak: 0.7428 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 23:40:14 UTC