Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (daithi28, carmine, Edinburgh), 221 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,715
Posts1,170,024
Members1,651
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,306
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,883
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
HID Upgrade #1153776
08/01/2011 20:41
08/01/2011 20:41

C
ckings6056
Unregistered
ckings6056
Unregistered
C



Hey,
I want to upgrade the headlights on me coop to HID's but i'm unsure of where to turn really.

what kind of kit and where from would i need?
anyone reccomend anything inpaticular?

Cant be doing with the poor quality of the lights anymore. need something better.


Re: HID Upgrade [Re: ] #1153779
08/01/2011 20:50
08/01/2011 20:50
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
bockers Offline
Hon Club Member 007
bockers  Offline
Hon Club Member 007
Forum Fossil

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
Really there are soo many threads on this that it would take ages to link them.

I would recomend temp of 4300K and 55w version with slim ballasts. This gives the most visible light. Search ebay for the above in size H1. Should cost around £60

Re: HID Upgrade [Re: bockers] #1153817
08/01/2011 21:43
08/01/2011 21:43
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,086
Pontypool
mr_tickle Offline
Club member 1455
mr_tickle  Offline
Club member 1455
Competition Level

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,086
Pontypool
I bought a set of THESE for £28.34.

They are the 6000K 55w but with the older larger balast.

Make sure you order H1 fitment.


[Linked Image]
Re: HID Upgrade [Re: mr_tickle] #1153830
08/01/2011 22:08
08/01/2011 22:08

N
nismo
Unregistered
nismo
Unregistered
N



35w - 4300K / 6000K / 8000K / 10000K h1 hid kit - here's a link to ebay for you - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Slim-XENON-HI...isionSetTopBoxes&hash=item519732c9f6 for 99p starting bid and £2.99 for delivery , UK seller as well and slim ballasts that will make the install easyer for you with a 2 Year warranty for all the ballasts from all factory defects , i would go for the 6000k or 8000k bulbs as the 4300k bulbs can look abit yellow and your need some 501 led bulbs for your side lights - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pair-Ice-whit...cles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e606c3c38 for £1.75 delivered also a uk seller smile

Re: HID Upgrade [Re: ] #1153831
08/01/2011 22:08
08/01/2011 22:08
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
Link's not available Nismo



Coopless!
Re: HID Upgrade [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1153832
08/01/2011 22:13
08/01/2011 22:13

N
nismo
Unregistered
nismo
Unregistered
N



Originally Posted by pinin_prestatyn
Link's not available Nismo


sorted now with a better price wink

Re: HID Upgrade [Re: ] #1153968
09/01/2011 10:35
09/01/2011 10:35
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,839
Haslemere, Surrey
M
Mark_S Offline
Forum is my job
Mark_S  Offline
Forum is my job
M

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,839
Haslemere, Surrey
6000 are the only ones to give pure white light


997 C4S
Re: HID Upgrade [Re: ] #1154053
09/01/2011 13:34
09/01/2011 13:34

P
Per
Unregistered
Per
Unregistered
P



Originally Posted by nismo
i would go for the 6000k or 8000k bulbs as the 4300k bulbs can look abit yellow


The 4300K may look yellow compared to 6000 or 8000, but they are really the whitest and std fitted on most factory cars today. You will not find a factory fitted 6000K HID.
6000K on my Punto are blueish, which is why I bought 4300K for my Coupe.

Re: HID Upgrade [Re: ] #1154066
09/01/2011 14:22
09/01/2011 14:22
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
bockers Offline
Hon Club Member 007
bockers  Offline
Hon Club Member 007
Forum Fossil

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
It's a matter of taste but the 4300 do give out more light over the spectrum visible by human eyes so they will appear brighter and visibility will be slightly better. However all hids are infinitely better than even the best halogen.

Re: HID Upgrade [Re: bockers] #1154234
09/01/2011 20:17
09/01/2011 20:17

C
ckings6056
Unregistered
ckings6056
Unregistered
C



cheers for your help guys! going to get some ordered up this week! cant be doing with the candle burners anymore!

Re: HID Upgrade [Re: ] #1154237
09/01/2011 20:24
09/01/2011 20:24

P
porkypaul
Unregistered
porkypaul
Unregistered
P



I've just fitted 8000k's to mine and they're 100 times better than before but they do have a blue tint to them.
Main thing is I can now see the road at night which helps :-)

Re: HID Upgrade [Re: ] #1154241
09/01/2011 20:28
09/01/2011 20:28

C
ckings6056
Unregistered
ckings6056
Unregistered
C



sorry, really quickly as i'm in the process of ordering as we speak. whats the difference between 35w and 50w?

Re: HID Upgrade [Re: ] #1154260
09/01/2011 20:45
09/01/2011 20:45
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
bockers Offline
Hon Club Member 007
bockers  Offline
Hon Club Member 007
Forum Fossil

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
Bright and bloody bright!

Re: HID Upgrade [Re: bockers] #1154271
09/01/2011 20:55
09/01/2011 20:55

P
porkypaul
Unregistered
porkypaul
Unregistered
P



Originally Posted by bockers
Bright and bloody bright!


laugh

Re: HID Upgrade [Re: ] #1154279
09/01/2011 21:10
09/01/2011 21:10

C
ckings6056
Unregistered
ckings6056
Unregistered
C



lol. okay. all ordered! hehe tongue

Re: HID Upgrade [Re: ] #1154435
10/01/2011 09:57
10/01/2011 09:57
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,086
Pontypool
mr_tickle Offline
Club member 1455
mr_tickle  Offline
Club member 1455
Competition Level

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,086
Pontypool
I thought I would add my own experiece here.

I fitted a bulb set with 35W H1 6000k. The colour looks great, but the brightness is not much better than standard.

I have now purchases a 55w H1 6000k set and the difference is huge.

The link to ebay on this link is for 35W only, I would strongly recommend 55w.


[Linked Image]
Re: HID Upgrade [Re: mr_tickle] #1156023
13/01/2011 17:10
13/01/2011 17:10

L
Liquid
Unregistered
Liquid
Unregistered
L



Are these ok? Because I was going to buy them at this price!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180576437499&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Re: HID Upgrade [Re: ] #1156025
13/01/2011 17:13
13/01/2011 17:13
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,086
Pontypool
mr_tickle Offline
Club member 1455
mr_tickle  Offline
Club member 1455
Competition Level

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,086
Pontypool
See my post above yours about 35/55w


[Linked Image]
Re: HID Upgrade [Re: ] #1156026
13/01/2011 17:14
13/01/2011 17:14

L
Liquid
Unregistered
Liquid
Unregistered
L




Re: HID Upgrade [Re: ] #1156027
13/01/2011 17:15
13/01/2011 17:15

L
Liquid
Unregistered
Liquid
Unregistered
L




Re: HID Upgrade [Re: ] #1156028
13/01/2011 17:16
13/01/2011 17:16

L
Liquid
Unregistered
Liquid
Unregistered
L




Last edited by Liquid; 13/01/2011 17:17.
Re: HID Upgrade [Re: ] #1156062
13/01/2011 18:46
13/01/2011 18:46
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,086
Pontypool
mr_tickle Offline
Club member 1455
mr_tickle  Offline
Club member 1455
Competition Level

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,086
Pontypool
I'm not an expert on Hids, but that last one looks OK.

Remember though, my set took a month to arrive from China.


[Linked Image]
Re: HID Upgrade [Re: mr_tickle] #1157210
16/01/2011 14:12
16/01/2011 14:12

B
Biggenz
Unregistered
Biggenz
Unregistered
B



I've bought a new 35W HID kit and it's crap! It's very dim and not much better than the standard candles imo. Guess I will be getting a 55W set soon.

Re: HID Upgrade [Re: ] #1157217
16/01/2011 14:20
16/01/2011 14:20

C
ckings6056
Unregistered
ckings6056
Unregistered
C



ahh.. i'll be sending mine back if its that bad!!

Re: HID Upgrade [Re: ] #1157218
16/01/2011 14:21
16/01/2011 14:21
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,086
Pontypool
mr_tickle Offline
Club member 1455
mr_tickle  Offline
Club member 1455
Competition Level

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,086
Pontypool
Originally Posted by Biggenz
I've bought a new 35W HID kit and it's crap! It's very dim and not much better than the standard candles imo. Guess I will be getting a 55W set soon.


Originally Posted by mr_tickle
I thought I would add my own experiece here.

I fitted a bulb set with 35W H1 6000k. The colour looks great, but the brightness is not much better than standard.

I have now purchases a 55w H1 6000k set and the difference is huge.

The link to ebay on this link is for 35W only, I would strongly recommend 55w.


readit


[Linked Image]
Re: HID Upgrade [Re: mr_tickle] #1157317
16/01/2011 18:28
16/01/2011 18:28

C
ckings6056
Unregistered
ckings6056
Unregistered
C



i'm actually really annoyed that i've ordered 35w HID's now, i wish i spent the extra 8 quid on 55w set! ahhh frown i guess i'll have to wait for them to turn up before i can do anything!!

Re: HID Upgrade [Re: ] #1157337
16/01/2011 19:26
16/01/2011 19:26

J
Johnny
Unregistered
Johnny
Unregistered
J



I've got 35w 6k HID's and they are amazing, I can see my light outperforming most other car lights on the road.
I would check the level of your lights and that you have the lamps seated correctly, also some lamps may take a while for them to get up to temperature.
My set was not cheap @ £120 but also this was a couple of years back. 2yrs on I've not had to touch them, they're still going strong.

Re: HID Upgrade [Re: ] #1157339
16/01/2011 19:32
16/01/2011 19:32

C
ckings6056
Unregistered
ckings6056
Unregistered
C



i'll install mine and try them! hopefully they will be good..... wont know untill i get them delivered though i guess. been a week waiting already frown

Re: HID Upgrade [Re: ] #1157341
16/01/2011 19:42
16/01/2011 19:42

D
duncan78
Unregistered
duncan78
Unregistered
D



I run 35w hids and they are good but would like to try a 55w set to see if the difference is even better!

I don't think I've ever seen a 35w / 55w hid comparison in a coop either

Re: HID Upgrade [Re: ] #1157864
17/01/2011 20:01
17/01/2011 20:01

C
ckings6056
Unregistered
ckings6056
Unregistered
C



well, dispite ordering 4300k h1 bulbs i some how ended up with a kit containing H7 bulbs at 6000k, i must say i am seriously not a happy bunny!! and worst of all i cant get hold of anyone to sort it out, you e-mail them and no one wants to talk to you or replys, they have no p[hone number listed on their website. its stupid, looks like i might as well of just thrown my 60 quid out the window on the motorway..... i dont like to slate companies but dont ever ever use the one i did!! (light in the box) complete waste of space and useless wan@%£s

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.015s Queries: 15 (0.008s) Memory: 0.7160 MB (Peak: 0.9269 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-09-29 12:03:14 UTC