» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (chevy), 206 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,599
Posts1,341,092
Members1,801
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,553
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,300
PeteP 21,512
bockers 21,071
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,367
Edinburgh 16,786
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
My claims experience with Greenlight #115893
18/05/2006 08:05
18/05/2006 08:05

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've seen much discussion on the relative merits of Noel Dazely and Greenlight so I thought I'd share my claims experience of Greenlight with you.

When you take out a policy they advise you pay a fee of about £28 for their claims handling service. This includes a payment to Greenlight and to a company called Angel Assistance who are supposed to deal with everything if the accident is clearly not your fault.

Back in August last year I came home from a night shift to find a Cinquicento sticking out of the side of my car. At the time I thought it unlikely the car had been driven into mine and had most probably been pushed across the car park by the local pondlife

I contacted Greenlight who said I should speak with Angel Assistance. I contacted Angel, explained what happened and provided contact details for the 3rd party as she lived locally. I also offered to email them the photos I'd taken on my phone but was told that wouldn't be necessary.

The car was repaired at a garage of my choice as the approved repairers didn't return my calls. This added a delay as I had to get a quote authorised and Greenlight lost the first copy I sent them. I paid my excess of £275 on collection of the car.

After about a month of silence i called Greenlight to find out when I'd get my excess back and was told to write to Angel including the receipt for the excess. After 2 weeks I called Angel and was told that the 3rd party had denied all involvement, my case was closed and that Greenlight were notified of this by fax about 2 months previous.

I sent an email to Greenlight including my photos and requested they refund the claims handling fee. The next morning at 08:50 I got a phone call. They were very apologetic and assured me they would contact Angel and Highway and reopen the file.

Another 2 weeks passed without a cheque so I called Highway. They were able to tell me that they had received no contact from Greenlight, that the 3rd party was also insured with them and gave me her claim reference number.

More letters passed between me and Greenlight and they finally agreed to pay my excess and refund the claims handling fee. It did however take a further 2 and a bit weeks and another email before any cheques hit the mat.

The story doesn't end there though. Before I got my excess back I had to renew the insurance on my 43yr old Land Rover. As I had an outstanding claim on the coupe they weighted the landy premium. As soon as I'd banked the cheque for my excess I called Highway and asked them to speak to my Landy insurer to confirm it was all settled in my favour.

A week later I opened a letter from the Landy insurer confirming the premium had been reduced as the claim was settled. On the same day I got my renewal from Greenlight with a 2yr NCB reducton as they said the claim was outstanding.

Now swithched to Noel Dazely - they were cheaper with a lower excess and protected NCB. I'm still waiting for proof of no claims from Greenlight after 2 weeks and 2 phone calls.

Greenlight Insurance will never get another penny of my hard earned cash as they have shown themselves to be completely incompetent on more than one occasion. If anyone does choose them I would certainly think twice about paying their claims "management" fee.

Rant over

Adrian

Re: My claims experience with Greenlight #115894
18/05/2006 20:40
18/05/2006 20:40

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can totally relate to this - had a daydreaming rep go into the back of my porsche as I was going over a speed bump. To the guys credit he admitted total liability and confirmed this to his insurers.

My insurers, the AA, were next to useless, despite the fact that the chap had admitted liability and had hit my car in the rear - one of the easiest calims to process, they seemed to do absolutely nothing. I had to keep chasing the AA for months and months and was not best pleased when I came to renew my policy with them that not only did they still owe me my £250 excess, but they had reduced my NCB by two years.

After eventually winning this arguement I ended up having to speak to AA management for them to release a letter to my new insurers confiming my NCB. Apparently the AA do not normally issue letters confiming peoples NCBs, they told me that your new insurers had to ring them to obtain confirmation.

A disgraceful service by the AA. Will never use them again!!

Re: My claims experience with Greenlight #115895
18/05/2006 20:54
18/05/2006 20:54
Both feet in Meldrew Ave
Cappo Offline
Forum is my life
Cappo  Offline
Forum is my life

Both feet in Meldrew Ave
Add Axa to your list. My son was riding a 50cc moped through a roundabout, planning to go straight ahead via the 2nd exit, when a car pulled out of the first exit straight in front of him and he t-boned the car. The car driver produced an "independent" witness who said that my son "appeared out of nowhere doing over 70mph" - on a 50cc moped, remember, also with a straight run up to the roundabout where the car driver could have seen oncoming traffic for several hunfred yards - and yet despite this Axa accepted the witness statement and found against my son, and paid the car driver's claim, thus loading my son's insurance for the next 5 years. Absolutely not my son's fault.

Habeus Maximus V8 Nihilum

Re: My claims experience with Greenlight #115896
18/05/2006 23:22
18/05/2006 23:22

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats bad luck!

Re: My claims experience with Greenlight #115897
19/05/2006 01:01
19/05/2006 01:01

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ive had 3 claims with noel dazely (ensign) and have found them to be truly outstanding. I have used their (Dazelys)uninsured loss recovery service twice to handle my non fault claims and they have been amazing! I had to claim a massive sum off ensign through a fault accident and they were perfect as well. Although their handling department are a bit thick.

If I ever had a slight problem the guys at ND will actually help you so big up to Sarah, Julia, and Dean!

Re: My claims experience with Greenlight #115898
19/05/2006 06:40
19/05/2006 06:40

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Im with Ensign now thru HIC as they matched my quote from Greenlight

Re: My claims experience with Greenlight #115899
19/05/2006 16:34
19/05/2006 16:34

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A bit worrying seeing as I'm due to renew with Greenlight next month. i've got a fair few mods and they've been cheap + Neil's been helpful on the phone....what would my alternatives be for an agreed value policy elsewhere? Might be worth asking around before renewing....

Re: My claims experience with Greenlight #115900
19/05/2006 21:06
19/05/2006 21:06

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A little worrying for me too. I am with greenlight and always have been. Neil has been very helpful in every way even to advising me how my Gtec chip will make my car great fun.

Admittedly though I haven't had to claim!

Re: My claims experience with Greenlight #115901
19/05/2006 21:59
19/05/2006 21:59

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

I've seen much discussion on the relative merits of Noel Dazely and Greenlight so I thought I'd share my claims experience of Greenlight with you.

Please could you PM me your Surname and Full Address as after drawing his attention to this post our senior partner wants to review the file and all events to make sure everything happened as you say.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight Insurance

Last edited by Greenlight; 19/05/2006 22:00.
Re: My claims experience with Greenlight #115902
19/05/2006 22:13
19/05/2006 22:13

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You requested your NCB proof on the 8th May, at which point we told you it can take 7-10 days to come through from the insurer.

We recieved the NCB in a batch from your insurer on the 17th May and I have just posted it to you by first class mail.

I have passed the file to the senior partner to review the other points. Any questions please do not hesitate to contact me and i'll do my upmost to assist.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight Insurance

Last edited by Greenlight; 19/05/2006 22:13.
Re: My claims experience with Greenlight #115903
23/05/2006 00:07
23/05/2006 00:07

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am insured with greenlight and have recently made a claim, i found the staff to be very helpful.

Re: My claims experience with Greenlight #115904
06/06/2006 05:03
06/06/2006 05:03

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I also had a claim with Greenlight last year. I found Neil and the people at Greenlight very helpful. However the folk at highway were totally incompetent. The guys at greenlight sorted my claim out after 3 months.

I would be happy to use Greenlight but not Highway, I to switched to Noel Dazely