Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (phil16vturbo, lancer778544), 629 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,107
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,306
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,903
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
3G 20 Grooved discs #1164965
01/02/2011 19:36
01/02/2011 19:36

C
Coupe_T
Unregistered
Coupe_T
Unregistered
C



I hear a lot of opinions, some say they are good some say really bad things about cracking after some time, can someone have expirience with them on the Fiat coupe?

Re: 3G 20 Grooved discs [Re: ] #1164990
01/02/2011 20:29
01/02/2011 20:29

T
tomlough
Unregistered
tomlough
Unregistered
T



Ask Jbt he is selling some too...

Re: 3G 20 Grooved discs [Re: ] #1165186
02/02/2011 11:54
02/02/2011 11:54

C
Coupe_T
Unregistered
Coupe_T
Unregistered
C



I preffer to ask people who bought them, not selling them smile

Re: 3G 20 Grooved discs [Re: ] #1165345
02/02/2011 19:20
02/02/2011 19:20

M
MattM
Unregistered
MattM
Unregistered
M



I had a set on which lasted for about 6 track days before they eventually warped a bit. I've bought another set though as I think they represent excellent value for money

Re: 3G 20 Grooved discs [Re: ] #1165445
02/02/2011 22:01
02/02/2011 22:01
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
Nigel Offline
Forum veteran
Nigel  Offline
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
I warped a set in a couple of weeks of normal road use

I would say they are an OK budget solution, but not suitable for those requiring vastly improved braking performance

Re: 3G 20 Grooved discs [Re: ] #1177011
26/02/2011 00:12
26/02/2011 00:12
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 103
Worcestershire
joe90 Offline
On a journey
joe90  Offline
On a journey

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 103
Worcestershire
I have some 3G 10 Grooved on the front which have been excellent. I've not been on the track but can't really fault them for road use. Need some new fronts now so will probably go for http://www.mtecbrakes.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5
which look great value.

Hope this helps.

Re: 3G 20 Grooved discs [Re: ] #1177033
26/02/2011 01:18
26/02/2011 01:18

P
Per
Unregistered
Per
Unregistered
P



They can stand extreme beating, IMHO.
You quickly get a lot of small cracks but that doesn't break them.
If they're warped (probably by very hot+standing still at some point), a good trackday bashing will straighten them out.

(I bought a second hand set last year (er no.. I got them for free!) smile which were a bit warped. Wise from old track experience with 3G's I waited for the next upcoming trackday - which did cure them as predicted.)


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.015s Queries: 14 (0.008s) Memory: 0.6117 MB (Peak: 0.6775 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-09 22:02:42 UTC