|
|
|
4 registered members (phil16vturbo, PaulL, DaveG, 1 invisible),
845
guests, and 4
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,124
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Re: Reverse light solution?
[Re: ]
#1174985
22/02/2011 15:51
22/02/2011 15:51
|
bradthe16vt
Unregistered
|
bradthe16vt
Unregistered
|
I've been wondering what can be done with the rear lights too. I did think maybe doing something like workshy's method using a couple of reverse light halfs and glueing them together for a set of complete clear lower rear lights if you catch my drift may give it a go if I get together a few cheap sets of rear lights and use a ultra bright red led for the fog in its usual place then. Dont suppose anyone could photoshop or have any pics of what all clear lower rears would look like thanks with the standard reds up top ?  Bradders
|
|
|
Re: Reverse light solution?
[Re: ]
#1190750
24/03/2011 21:57
24/03/2011 21:57
|
Paul_H
Unregistered
|
Paul_H
Unregistered
|
finally got round to finishing my solution the other day. Using the (IMHO) best bits of other peoples ideas and a couple of my own I have the following... all red lenses (no pic) twin fog lights twin reverse lights..  driving lights  fog lights  indicators  reverse lights on  reverse lights off  reverse lights close up the reverse lights are actually bright enough to let you see where you are going, which I didn't really expect. And although it doesn't look like it in the pic the indicators are a bright orange colour. well chuffed 
|
|
|
Re: Reverse light solution?
[Re: ]
#1190764
24/03/2011 22:14
24/03/2011 22:14
|
BoostMeCoupeUp
Unregistered
|
BoostMeCoupeUp
Unregistered
|
Just need to sort a reverse light out myself also!
|
|
|
Re: Reverse light solution?
[Re: ]
#1190774
24/03/2011 22:28
24/03/2011 22:28
|
Paul_H
Unregistered
|
Paul_H
Unregistered
|
I can do a How To for mine if any wants?
|
|
|
Re: Reverse light solution?
[Re: ]
#1190786
24/03/2011 22:39
24/03/2011 22:39
|
BoostMeCoupeUp
Unregistered
|
BoostMeCoupeUp
Unregistered
|
Please do I want led but may get a superbright white reverse bulb but they still go pink
|
|
|
Re: Reverse light solution?
[Re: ]
#1190798
24/03/2011 22:45
24/03/2011 22:45
|
Paul_H
Unregistered
|
Paul_H
Unregistered
|
leave it with me  its a fairly cheap and easy mod, took me a couple of hours but now that I know where to run the wires etc it could easily be done within an hour or so. (not including the all red lenses)
|
|
|
Re: Reverse light solution?
[Re: ]
#1191223
25/03/2011 22:00
25/03/2011 22:00
|
Johnny
Unregistered
|
Johnny
Unregistered
|
Looks good Paul, Are they the same LEDs as Stinky? I think I will go down that route. I have my modded sunvisor and a reverse camera fitted in above the number plate which works well. I'm not completely happy with the way it looks though to be honest and I still have no reverse light for other drivers to see.
|
|
|
Re: Reverse light solution?
[Re: ]
#1191239
25/03/2011 22:34
25/03/2011 22:34
|
Paul_H
Unregistered
|
Paul_H
Unregistered
|
yep same ones, £12 for a set of 2 
|
|
|
Re: Reverse light solution?
[Re: ]
#1289280
15/11/2011 10:50
15/11/2011 10:50
|
Paul_H
Unregistered
|
Paul_H
Unregistered
|
finally got round to finishing my solution the other day. Using the (IMHO) best bits of other peoples ideas and a couple of my own I have the following... all red lenses (no pic) twin fog lights twin reverse lights..  driving lights  fog lights  indicators  reverse lights on  reverse lights off  reverse lights close up the reverse lights are actually bright enough to let you see where you are going, which I didn't really expect. And although it doesn't look like it in the pic the indicators are a bright orange colour. well chuffed Bit of a thread resurrection, but forgot to update this before. Just to say that the reverse lights I done passed through an MOT without any comment from the tester
|
|
|
Re: Reverse light solution?
[Re: ]
#1289418
15/11/2011 19:33
15/11/2011 19:33
|
Johnny
Unregistered
|
Johnny
Unregistered
|
excellent. I still have no reverse light but do have a camera with night vision attached. the only thing is it isn't subtle. and still doesn't warn other drivers
|
|
|
Re: Reverse light solution?
[Re: ]
#1312526
01/02/2012 00:29
01/02/2012 00:29
|
GS_Racing
Unregistered
|
GS_Racing
Unregistered
|
just do away with the reverse light altogether, its not a requirement by law. then to let other motorists know, just fit a warning beeper that says "warning Coupe reversing" really loud like some vans etc!lol
|
|
|
|
|
|
|