Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (carmine), 703 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,108
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,309
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,903
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
choice of two front discs - which one to go for? #1177018
26/02/2011 00:28
26/02/2011 00:28
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 103
Worcestershire
joe90 Offline OP
On a journey
joe90  Offline OP
On a journey

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 103
Worcestershire
Hi all

need some new front discs. I'm either going for:

3G 10 Grooved (which I've got on at the moment)

or

http://www.mtecbrakes.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5
(the grooved ones)

Can anyone please let me know which ones are better?

Many thanks.

Joe

Re: choice of two front discs - which one to go for? [Re: joe90] #1177715
27/02/2011 18:45
27/02/2011 18:45
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,618
SE Essex
charlie_croker Offline
I need some sleep
charlie_croker  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,618
SE Essex
I have never had the 3G 10s but hear they are very good.

However i have been so impressed with the M-Tec discs that I bought a set for rear of my VIS, all round on my 20VT6 and Focus.

Great discs for a great price.


Happy
Re: choice of two front discs - which one to go for? [Re: charlie_croker] #1177744
27/02/2011 20:18
27/02/2011 20:18

P
Paul_H
Unregistered
Paul_H
Unregistered
P



there has been lots of positive comments about the MTec discs, given the stupidly low price of them I think its a no brainer, which is why I'll be getting a full set in the near future smile

Re: choice of two front discs - which one to go for? [Re: joe90] #1177755
27/02/2011 20:38
27/02/2011 20:38
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,618
SE Essex
charlie_croker Offline
I need some sleep
charlie_croker  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,618
SE Essex
Just realised my VIS had 3G front disks, they were good but in all honesty did not feel any different than the MTEC ones


Happy
Re: choice of two front discs - which one to go for? [Re: joe90] #1177765
27/02/2011 21:01
27/02/2011 21:01
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 103
Worcestershire
joe90 Offline OP
On a journey
joe90  Offline OP
On a journey

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 103
Worcestershire
Great - thanks for the comments. Mind made up - it's the MTEC's. Ordering tonight!

Re: choice of two front discs - which one to go for? [Re: joe90] #1177767
27/02/2011 21:06
27/02/2011 21:06

T
tomlough
Unregistered
tomlough
Unregistered
T



Mtec are very good put them on my, value for money smile


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.016s Queries: 14 (0.009s) Memory: 0.6124 MB (Peak: 0.6703 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-09 23:48:58 UTC