Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,286 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Dash finally refurbed #1184275
12/03/2011 11:23
12/03/2011 11:23

P
pfoe
Unregistered
pfoe
Unregistered
P



Well I finally did it. After removing my old dash and fitting a gorgeous one as a temporary measure I set about removing the rubber finish.
I covered the dash in a special compound which stripped the dash clean in sub. 5 minutes and then gave it a thorough degreasing.
After that I started forming the di noc carbon fibre to the dash.
with a lot of patience, a Stanley knife and a few other sneaky techniques I got it all adhered nicely and am now the owner of a carbon looking dash, pics to follow!

Phill

Re: Dash finally refurbed [Re: ] #1184327
12/03/2011 13:42
12/03/2011 13:42
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 756
West Cheshire
B
bilbo Offline
Enjoying the ride
bilbo  Offline
Enjoying the ride
B

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 756
West Cheshire
Whats your special compound Phil?


Ex LE #41
Ex Sprinty Plus
Ex Moon Plus
Ex Punto Esseesse
Ex ink Plus
Ex Panda
Re: Dash finally refurbed [Re: ] #1184539
12/03/2011 22:47
12/03/2011 22:47

M
Marco20valveT
Unregistered
Marco20valveT
Unregistered
M



Photos??

Re: Dash finally refurbed [Re: bilbo] #1184558
12/03/2011 23:39
12/03/2011 23:39

N
nismo
Unregistered
nismo
Unregistered
N



Originally Posted by bilbo
Whats your special compound Phil?


2nd that wink

Re: Dash finally refurbed [Re: ] #1184640
13/03/2011 10:50
13/03/2011 10:50

P
pfoe
Unregistered
pfoe
Unregistered
P



Photos will be up tomorrow. Gonna start the handbrake section and dash strips next.

As for how do I do it that's a secret I may reveal at a later date wink

Re: Dash finally refurbed [Re: ] #1184644
13/03/2011 11:08
13/03/2011 11:08
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,839
Haslemere, Surrey
M
Mark_S Offline
Forum is my job
Mark_S  Offline
Forum is my job
M

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,839
Haslemere, Surrey
Originally Posted by pfoe
Photos will be up tomorrow. Gonna start the handbrake section and dash strips next.

As for how do I do it that's a secret I may reveal at a later date wink


grr must have taken me 2-3hrs with wet and dry


997 C4S

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.017s Queries: 14 (0.010s) Memory: 0.6089 MB (Peak: 0.6656 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 23:54:32 UTC