Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (phil16vturbo, lancer778544), 629 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,107
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,306
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,903
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: 420bhp on stock internals?? [Re: ] #1188979
21/03/2011 20:25
21/03/2011 20:25
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
technics Offline
I need some sleep
technics  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
Did you get my PM Flea?


Now in the 400+ bhp club!
Re: 420bhp on stock internals?? [Re: ] #1188997
21/03/2011 20:56
21/03/2011 20:56
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 117
north west
watz Offline
On a journey
watz  Offline
On a journey

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 117
north west
Originally Posted by Marco20valveT
I agree with Proccy.
Why have the power if you don't want to use it or scared of it??



I dont think its a case of not wanting to use the power,and its certainly not the case of being scared of it.
I think this is going of topic a little bit, but why do i have to take the car to a track or strip to use the power as much as someone who does choose to?

What is the definition of pushing the limits?
Is it full throttle,redlining it everytime round a track for half an hour?
Perhaps its not the safest option i agree, but imo tarmacs tarmac!
I think its ridiculus for someone to imply that you must track/strip the car for you to enjoy the power it produces.
If thats the case then build yourself a powerfull coupe and thrash the balls out of it every week on a track.

Im trying to respect everyone elses opions on the matter, but to criticise me for how i use my car i think is a joke!!!

very rare rant over laugh

Re: 420bhp on stock internals?? [Re: Flea] #1189000
21/03/2011 21:02
21/03/2011 21:02

B
Biggenz
Unregistered
Biggenz
Unregistered
B



Originally Posted by Flea
Pero, what have you started laugh


Why Leighton, are people hassling you to bolt on big turbo's onto stock engines and mapping it to a gazillion horsepower? haha

Re: 420bhp on stock internals?? [Re: watz] #1189017
21/03/2011 21:25
21/03/2011 21:25

P
proccy
Unregistered
proccy
Unregistered
P



Originally Posted by watz
Originally Posted by Marco20valveT
I agree with Proccy.
Why have the power if you don't want to use it or scared of it??



I dont think its a case of not wanting to use the power,and its certainly not the case of being scared of it.
I think this is going of topic a little bit, but why do i have to take the car to a track or strip to use the power as much as someone who does choose to?

What is the definition of pushing the limits?
Is it full throttle,redlining it everytime round a track for half an hour?
Perhaps its not the safest option i agree, but imo tarmacs tarmac!
I think its ridiculus for someone to imply that you must track/strip the car for you to enjoy the power it produces.
If thats the case then build yourself a powerfull coupe and thrash the balls out of it every week on a track.

Im trying to respect everyone elses opions on the matter, but to criticise me for how i use my car i think is a joke!!!

very rare rant over laugh


no criticism intended, but you can break the national speed limit in second in these cars, so most of it's power is useless in a legal sense - be interested to know where and how you manage to "enjoy" the proper performance of your coupe without endangering life?

Re: 420bhp on stock internals?? [Re: ] #1189023
21/03/2011 21:34
21/03/2011 21:34

B
Biggenz
Unregistered
Biggenz
Unregistered
B



Originally Posted by proccy
no criticism intended, but you can break the national speed limit in second in these cars, so most of it's power is useless in a legal sense - be interested to know where and how you manage to "enjoy" the proper performance of your coupe without endangering life?


How does this have anything to do with a 400bhp+ coupe with stock internals??

Re: 420bhp on stock internals?? [Re: ] #1189025
21/03/2011 21:37
21/03/2011 21:37

P
proccy
Unregistered
proccy
Unregistered
P



Originally Posted by Biggenz
Originally Posted by proccy
no criticism intended, but you can break the national speed limit in second in these cars, so most of it's power is useless in a legal sense - be interested to know where and how you manage to "enjoy" the proper performance of your coupe without endangering life?


How does this have anything to do with a 400bhp+ coupe with stock internals??


probably the same as your post 2 up from mine rolleyes

Re: 420bhp on stock internals?? [Re: ] #1189031
21/03/2011 21:52
21/03/2011 21:52

B
Biggenz
Unregistered
Biggenz
Unregistered
B



If you have nothing useful to add, kindly stop hijacking the thread. smile


Re: 420bhp on stock internals?? [Re: ] #1189033
21/03/2011 21:53
21/03/2011 21:53

P
proccy
Unregistered
proccy
Unregistered
P



i will if you do laugh

Re: 420bhp on stock internals?? [Re: ] #1189036
21/03/2011 21:59
21/03/2011 21:59

M
Marco20valveT
Unregistered
Marco20valveT
Unregistered
M



Watz, no bad intended mate!

But it's rare to see people build a 400bhp monster to nip down the shops...

And there best used in the track.

That is all!
I hope you don't think I wa taking the pi$$ mate!!

Re: 420bhp on stock internals?? [Re: ] #1189040
21/03/2011 22:04
21/03/2011 22:04

B
Biggenz
Unregistered
Biggenz
Unregistered
B



Marco, I am planning on upping my power from 350bhp to aroud 450bhp, and I will never take my car on the track.

Some people just have different ideas on why they want that sort of power.

Re: 420bhp on stock internals?? [Re: ] #1189043
21/03/2011 22:10
21/03/2011 22:10
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,207
ation
szkom Offline
Club member 2000
szkom  Offline
Club member 2000
Forum is my life

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,207
ation
I would be interested to see how the power is developed and how that compares with a forged internals engine. Anyone any graphs?

Re: 420bhp on stock internals?? [Re: ] #1189045
21/03/2011 22:13
21/03/2011 22:13

B
Biggenz
Unregistered
Biggenz
Unregistered
B



Unfortunately the person who's car this is, is banned from the forum. And Flea's dyno is out of action so no power figures from there.

Re: 420bhp on stock internals?? [Re: ] #1189046
21/03/2011 22:14
21/03/2011 22:14

M
Marco20valveT
Unregistered
Marco20valveT
Unregistered
M



Originally Posted by Biggenz
Marco, I am planning on upping my power from 350bhp to aroud 450bhp, and I will never take my car on the track.

Some people just have different ideas on why they want that sort of power.


Each to there own mate!
I guess would just be worried about a massive failure... But as stated with a correct set up, and a healthy engine it's fine...

Re: 420bhp on stock internals?? [Re: ] #1189058
21/03/2011 22:33
21/03/2011 22:33

B
boosted_coupe
Unregistered
boosted_coupe
Unregistered
B



Iv been contacted buy the owner of this coupe in question, originaly this coupe was owned by goose on this forum, then Paul warner, and now ads20v

this coupe has been built by goose to run on standard internals because he beleaved this was more then capiable, somewhere between goose and Paul warner was another owner but can not be confirmed by rogger at power italia that the engine was replaced with a rebuilt engine, this maybe standard or forged but will never be confirmed as this owner is unknown

then mapped when Paul warner owned it by flea

now running a gt2871r 86 turbo, 440 injectors and has to date from being mapped destroyed a gearbox 2 days after being remapped by flea and this Thursday shearing a drive shaft clean off on the long side in second gear at 3,500rpm

this coupe is a complete monster and is booked tomorrow on the rollers so will post up the results

also that wasn't oil out the exhaurst, it was water vapour and diluted soot sitting in the tail pipe then pushed out with a blip of the throttle.

Re: 420bhp on stock internals?? [Re: ] #1189061
21/03/2011 22:39
21/03/2011 22:39

P
proccy
Unregistered
proccy
Unregistered
P



Originally Posted by Marco20valveT
Originally Posted by Biggenz
Marco, I am planning on upping my power from 350bhp to aroud 450bhp, and I will never take my car on the track.

Some people just have different ideas on why they want that sort of power.


Each to there own mate!
I guess would just be worried about a massive failure... But as stated with a correct set up, and a healthy engine it's fine...


when flea mapped my car (standard internals) to 351bhp a well known and respected specialist told me that beyond 300bhp he couldn't see it lasing if booted on a regular basis - i respect his opinion and never run mine on the top setting on my boost controller and it's plenty fast enough in all conditions including track - as proved at donington

Re: 420bhp on stock internals?? [Re: ] #1189082
21/03/2011 22:58
21/03/2011 22:58

S
suba
Unregistered
suba
Unregistered
S



Originally Posted by Biggenz
Marco, I am planning on upping my power from 350bhp to aroud 450bhp, and I will never take my car on the track.

Some people just have different ideas on why they want that sort of power.


If you want to do that then go for it, but for a road car you may well find 350 bhp a much nicer car to drive, as you go to far northwards of 350 on a 2lr engine you loose the bottom end of the powerband, which is not much fun for the road unless you are mostly on the Mway and DCs. If you do it though please do feel free to pop round and give me a passenger ride. smile

My earlier comments were added as I dont want people reading this thread and thinking that 400bhp+ is fine on a stock engine, it has been done and almost always ended in an engine failure shortly afterwards if the car is pushed hard. Nyssa7 has raced a kappa (20vt engine), and put standard rods through the block on several occasions going over 350 lbs ft etc...

Re: 420bhp on stock internals?? [Re: ] #1189092
21/03/2011 23:11
21/03/2011 23:11

M
MattW
Unregistered
MattW
Unregistered
M



Originally Posted by proccy
but whats the point of having the power if you can't use it legally?


If you can accellerate faster up to 70mph then you CAN use it legally.

When I got to 320 bhp I knew I'd hit the sweet spot for me and any more power wouldnt make a big enough difference to my journeys to justify the greater cost and stressing of the components.

Everyones sweet spot will be different based on money, paranoia, driving style etc.

Re: 420bhp on stock internals?? [Re: ] #1189098
21/03/2011 23:26
21/03/2011 23:26

B
boosted_coupe
Unregistered
boosted_coupe
Unregistered
B



What's the point if you can't use it legally? Well of that was the case wouldnt that stop people buying ferrari's and other supercars? Erm......no! Lol

Re: 420bhp on stock internals?? [Re: ] #1189128
22/03/2011 00:20
22/03/2011 00:20
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 117
north west
watz Offline
On a journey
watz  Offline
On a journey

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 117
north west


no criticism intended, but you can break the national speed limit in second in these cars, so most of it's power is useless in a legal sense - be interested to know where and how you manage to "enjoy" the proper performance of your coupe without endangering life? [/quote]

Its all very well being p/c about matters like this and perhaps its the right view to take, but i think in the real world it dosnt quite work like that.
Perhaps ive given the impression that i drive everywhere at 150mph everywhere i go, but this isnt the case by any means.I drive for a living so know full well the dangers of being on the road.
However, from what you have said,have you ever been over 70mph and endangered life?because being p/c thats were the boundry lies.
If you havnt then why do you have a 220bhp sports car capable of 150mph?
If you havnt been over 70mph then perhaps the diesel fiesta would of been better suited!

marco- no worries mate,bit touchy on this subject i admit!apologies smile

Re: 420bhp on stock internals?? [Re: ] #1189187
22/03/2011 09:03
22/03/2011 09:03

B
Biggenz
Unregistered
Biggenz
Unregistered
B



The whole thing about sticking to speed limits is a load of nonsense in any case. I know the forum does not promote speeding, and rightly so, but we all know the score.

I went on a MAC driving course when I bought my Honda Civic Type R and the instructor was an ex policeman. I was taught how to read corners and drive fast, but safe on windy country lanes. At the end of the day, the aim was for me to do around 80mhp in a safe manner, which is quite a challenge if you're not used to driving that way on country lanes - and this coming from an ex copper.

He also told me what I've lived by ever since I started driving. Stick to speed limits in built up areas and when the road is busy, but if you need to get to your destination quickly, drive at which ever speed will get you there safely.

Re: 420bhp on stock internals?? [Re: ] #1189199
22/03/2011 09:29
22/03/2011 09:29
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,086
Pontypool
mr_tickle Offline
Club member 1455
mr_tickle  Offline
Club member 1455
Competition Level

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,086
Pontypool
rolleyes

Does anyone know where I can buy some toffee apples?


[Linked Image]
Re: 420bhp on stock internals?? [Re: watz] #1189204
22/03/2011 09:44
22/03/2011 09:44

P
proccy
Unregistered
proccy
Unregistered
P



Originally Posted by watz


no criticism intended, but you can break the national speed limit in second in these cars, so most of it's power is useless in a legal sense - be interested to know where and how you manage to "enjoy" the proper performance of your coupe without endangering life?


Quote
Its all very well being p/c about matters like this and perhaps its the right view to take, but i think in the real world it dosnt quite work like that.
Perhaps ive given the impression that i drive everywhere at 150mph everywhere i go, but this isnt the case by any means.I drive for a living so know full well the dangers of being on the road.
However, from what you have said,have you ever been over 70mph and endangered life?because being p/c thats were the boundry lies.
If you havnt then why do you have a 220bhp sports car capable of 150mph?
If you havnt been over 70mph then perhaps the diesel fiesta would of been better suited!

marco- no worries mate,bit touchy on this subject i admit!apologies smile



oooo hit a nerve have i? laugh :marco:

Re: 420bhp on stock internals?? [Re: szkom] #1189320
22/03/2011 13:13
22/03/2011 13:13
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,839
Haslemere, Surrey
M
Mark_S Offline
Forum is my job
Mark_S  Offline
Forum is my job
M

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,839
Haslemere, Surrey
Originally Posted by szkom
I would be interested to see how the power is developed and how that compares with a forged internals engine. Anyone any graphs?


I don't think going forged would affect the power output, just the ability to withstand it and run safely unless I am missing somethin confused


997 C4S
Re: 420bhp on stock internals?? [Re: ] #1189330
22/03/2011 13:37
22/03/2011 13:37

K
knight7660
Unregistered
knight7660
Unregistered
K



marks your correct mate going forge will just mean you can run the same power safely without thinking every time you put your foot down your going to hear a big bang

Re: 420bhp on stock internals?? [Re: ] #1189357
22/03/2011 14:32
22/03/2011 14:32

B
boosted_coupe
Unregistered
boosted_coupe
Unregistered
B



Well the results are in, will post up the graphs later when I'm back home unless I can email them to someone?

Re: 420bhp on stock internals?? [Re: ] #1189426
22/03/2011 17:04
22/03/2011 17:04

M
Marco20valveT
Unregistered
Marco20valveT
Unregistered
M



yer, feel free to email me at work.
marco.sorrentino@btlocalbusiness.co.uk

Re: 420bhp on stock internals?? [Re: ] #1189432
22/03/2011 17:25
22/03/2011 17:25
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,408
Essex
Trappy Offline
Club member 7306
Trappy  Offline
Club member 7306
Forum is my life

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,408
Essex
Originally Posted by boosted_coupe

now running a gt2871r 86 turbo, 440 injectors


Has it been mapped since?

Originally Posted by boosted_coupe

this coupe is a complete lag monster


Originally Posted by boosted_coupe
Well the results are in, will post up the graphs later when I'm back home unless I can email them to someone?


Can't you post the headlines? Most importantly where it was dyno'd


F****** b****** thing...
Re: 420bhp on stock internals?? [Re: ] #1189446
22/03/2011 17:50
22/03/2011 17:50

B
boosted_coupe
Unregistered
boosted_coupe
Unregistered
B



It was dyno'd at track n road, steve didn't have any concerns, did say the map was good from the results shown and the only thing he would do is run more boost but I think 1.4bar is enough!

It made 358.9bhp and 313Lbft on his rollers @1.4bar

Re: 420bhp on stock internals?? [Re: ] #1189470
22/03/2011 19:18
22/03/2011 19:18
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
technics Offline
I need some sleep
technics  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
??? On a gt2871r?
What happened to 420bhp, or am I getting confused with something else?


Now in the 400+ bhp club!
Re: 420bhp on stock internals?? [Re: ] #1189512
22/03/2011 20:19
22/03/2011 20:19

B
Biggenz
Unregistered
Biggenz
Unregistered
B



Originally Posted by boosted_coupe
It made 358.9bhp and 313Lbft on his rollers @1.4bar


Lol! I nearly make that with a GT2860RS, standard injectors, smaller exhaust and less boost.

How did he manage to destroy a gearbox and snap a drive shaft with that power??

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.016s Queries: 15 (0.009s) Memory: 0.7194 MB (Peak: 0.9528 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-09 22:03:07 UTC