|
1 registered members (Edinburgh),
1,160
guests, and 3
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Cheap head Unit I can plug my iphone into
#1216529
19/05/2011 02:23
19/05/2011 02:23
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947 North wales
pinin_prestatyn
OP
Forum veteran
|
OP
Forum veteran
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
|
Much as I'm happy with the standard Clarion head Unit and changer in my coop, it's becoming a right ball ache having to burn CD's and mess about loading them into the changer in the boot. I'd love a head unit I could plug my iphone into and tap into the 100's of quality tunes I have on it! I'm not willing to spend much though, £50 to £70 max (maybe £80 at a push). Here's my question, If I get a head Unit with an Aux jack in the front of it (these start for about £50 from the likes of kenwood) Would it play my iphone okay? Could I change tracks from the head unit, or would I have to faff about with the phone? "iPod ready" HU's start about £70, is this really what I'm after? Finally, any recommendations would be muchos appreciated! Thanks peeps
 Coopless!
|
|
|
Re: Cheap head Unit I can plug my iphone into
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#1216851
19/05/2011 18:25
19/05/2011 18:25
|
MABR
Unregistered
|
MABR
Unregistered
|
Matt - make sure that any h/u you get is iPhone compatable not just iPod.
Some of the earlier stuff won't recognise an iPhone!
|
|
|
Re: Cheap head Unit I can plug my iphone into
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#1216878
19/05/2011 19:35
19/05/2011 19:35
|
h2ypr
Unregistered
|
h2ypr
Unregistered
|
I'm thinking of getting one of these also!
Any recommendations?
Ross
|
|
|
Re: Cheap head Unit I can plug my iphone into
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#1217017
20/05/2011 01:05
20/05/2011 01:05
|
Per
Unregistered
|
Per
Unregistered
|
I got the mother of Kenwoods: http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/products/car/cd_receivers/bluetooth/KDC-BT61U/Seems ok, will try it out when the Coupe is rolling. On a sidenote: I don't really use the USB connector as it doesn't work well with other stuff than the iPod. I mostly use Spotify, so I go by the AUX and have the iPhone (4) on a handy holder for control. In the Punto & the Argenta I only have AUX-stereos (no ipod ready) was well enough.
|
|
|
Re: Cheap head Unit I can plug my iphone into
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#1217103
20/05/2011 13:40
20/05/2011 13:40
|
AdamGT
Unregistered
|
AdamGT
Unregistered
|
Get an ipod ready HU, mainly for the quality of sound is better. Aux connections offer terrible sound quality.
Pick carefully if you want one that you can change tracks from the HU controls. Some menu systems are good, like the Kenwood, but if you have a lot of tunes like I do, you could spend ages trying to scroll through the lists when it could be easier to use your iphone interface.
In the end, I just stick it on random and flick through until I hear a song I want to listen too, else I just end up listening to the same stuff because I can't be bothered to search for anything else.
|
|
|
Re: Cheap head Unit I can plug my iphone into
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#1219058
25/05/2011 07:47
25/05/2011 07:47
|
MABR
Unregistered
|
MABR
Unregistered
|
Nice buy Matt. Don't forget, you'll need the CD-IU50E lead to connect your iPhone - @ £30 delivered.
|
|
|
Re: Cheap head Unit I can plug my iphone into
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#1219085
25/05/2011 09:26
25/05/2011 09:26
|
h2ypr
Unregistered
|
h2ypr
Unregistered
|
Wow!!
Thats not a bad price!!
Ross
|
|
|
Re: Cheap head Unit I can plug my iphone into
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#1220633
28/05/2011 00:53
28/05/2011 00:53
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947 North wales
pinin_prestatyn
OP
Forum veteran
|
OP
Forum veteran
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
|
All fitted, and despite me losing my electrics along the way, I'm chuffed with this HU! The volume and quality of the sound is head and shoulders above the standard Clarion, I guess 14 years of progress will do that  Best of all, I was able to use the standard USB cable you already have with the iPhone/iPod, and you control it directly from the HU. Best £70 I ever spent on audio! Just got to buy a wiring kit for my sub/amp and fit that and I'll have decent sound in my coop (working windows would be nice also  )
 Coopless!
|
|
|
Re: Cheap head Unit I can plug my iphone into
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#1220715
28/05/2011 11:48
28/05/2011 11:48
|
h2ypr
Unregistered
|
h2ypr
Unregistered
|
Nice one pinin!!!
Think ill be getting one as well. :-)
Ross
|
|
|
|