» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Gigli, Rosso, Cyborgguy, 1 invisible), 295 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,599
Posts1,341,102
Members1,802
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,553
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,300
PeteP 21,512
bockers 21,071
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,367
Edinburgh 16,787
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Just sold my coupe. #1233689
03/07/2011 19:26
03/07/2011 19:26

N
neils20vtcoop
Unregistered
neils20vtcoop
Unregistered
N

I just reluctantly sold my much loved 20VT and I have mixed emotions to say the least. I'm delighted that it's gone to someone on here as I know it will get all the care and attention it deserves. That said, I feel incredibly sad to have watched it drive off with somebody else behind the wheel frown
It never once let me down in my 2 years of ownership (straight through MOTs etc) and was without a shadow of a doubt the best car I have ever owned, if not the best I've ever driven. Break squeal aside - I LOVED THAT CAR!!
If my job circumstances change I will be most certainly be looking to purchase another Coupe one day but at the moment I am looking at diesels which is something I never thought I be saying!! laugh
The forum and everyone on it have been great and because of this I've decided to remain a member. Admittedly my lack of any real mechanical knowledge meant that I was never able to offer anything in the way of advice to fellow forum users however I found the wealth of info on offer here to be second to none and experienced absolutely no form of snobbery or rudeness which isn't true of all car forums (at least in my experience).
I did of course end up losing LOADS of money that I had spent on my Coupe (respray etc) but then I always knew that would be the case.
I forgot to catch the user name of the new owner (James) but both him and his girlfriend both seemed like lovely folk so I'm made up that it's going to remain in safe hands.

Thanks again James - I wish you all the best with your car and I hope you are as lucky with it as I was!! smile

Thank you also to all those who offered me advice and for all the interesting and often humourous posts that I enjoyed reading!

I WILL BE BACK!!

Neil

Re: Just sold my coupe. [Re: ] #1233757
03/07/2011 23:00
03/07/2011 23:00

M
Moosey
Unregistered
Moosey
Unregistered
M

cry

I've still got mine, but it's even sadder, I think, just seeing it sat there on my driveway with me tootling around in a Fiesta, I feel such a traitor.

At least James will be enjoying your Coupe.

Re: Just sold my coupe. [Re: ] #1233767
03/07/2011 23:21
03/07/2011 23:21
My name is Daniel
Burbum123 Offline
club member 1891
Burbum123  Offline
club member 1891
I need some sleep

My name is Daniel
Sorry to here this m8 won't be long till you buy another laugh

Originally Posted By: Moosey
cry

I've still got mine, but it's even sadder, I think, just seeing it sat there on my driveway with me tootling around in a Fiesta, I feel such a traitor.

Don't worry moosey It won't be that long i will come up in 2 weeks time and give you a dig out with her are you planning on getting her done before the winer?

Last edited by Burbum123; 03/07/2011 23:21.
Re: Just sold my coupe. [Re: Burbum123] #1233771
03/07/2011 23:31
03/07/2011 23:31

M
Moosey
Unregistered
Moosey
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted By: Burbum123
Sorry to here this m8 won't be long till you buy another laugh

Originally Posted By: Moosey
cry

Don't worry moosey It won't be that long i will come up in 2 weeks time and give you a dig out with her are you planning on getting her done before the winer?

laugh I want to get the arse end done before winter at least, then park her up in the garage during the chilly months.

After just getting a good insurance quote from London and Victoria I may keep her insured and taxed which may give me more incentive to get the jobs done quicker rather than later!

Need to re-point my apex before starting work on the Coop, as the driveway is below ha ha box

Re: Just sold my coupe. [Re: ] #1238666
17/07/2011 19:12
17/07/2011 19:12
Cambridge
banana_man Offline
Making a profit
banana_man  Offline
Making a profit

Cambridge
Hi neil,its james!!

Sorry i haven't replied sooner been really busy.

I haven't driven the car much at the moment,it is sat in the garage. I have just put my wine red coupe for sale on pistonheads,just waiting for them to review it!

Has soon has i sell that one i can start to get on top off your old one. Even thow i am very happy with the bodywork of the car,it need a fair bit of tlc,when driveing the the car on rough roads there is a bit of knocking and squeaks as you told me,but sounds quiet bad to me,when i got back on the sunday of buying the car i filled up but with normal unleaded ever since then it has started smokeing on start up then clears when you dive off,normally that means the turbo is on its way out,but i am not sure at the moment,not sure if it has anything to do with the fact i didn't put the dearer fuel in it??

once my car is sold i will change the insurence over and take it to john at midlands car servicing where he is going to check the car over for me. The gearbox is quiet stiff so weather the clutch needs replacing or the gearbox might need a recon,but only time will tell on that one.

Plus just general cleaning around the car ie door shuts plus that engine bay,that said i know you have looked after the car very well i am very picky thats all.

Once i have put some of my bits off the old one onto the new one and all the other new parts i have yet to fit witch are sitting in my girlfriends bedroom lol this new one will be better than the one i am selling!!

It was nice to meet you too niel,i will post pics up soon of my progress with the car bit by bit!!

All the best james.