|
0 registered members (),
412
guests, and 4
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,717
Posts1,170,053
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Looking for eBay help
#1239645
20/07/2011 16:03
20/07/2011 16:03
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,546 Northumberland
AndrewR
OP
I AM a Coop
|
OP
I AM a Coop
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,546
Northumberland
|
Well, I'm inching closer to returning to the coop fold, however, as I'm all the way up in Northumberland I was wondering if any of the nice people out there in forum land (Chester division) would be willing to have a look at this coop. I'm unimpressed with the wheels and the personalised reg, but other than that it sounds OK. As it's been in the club, as it were, does anybody know the car? The main attraction of it is that it will be the fastest coop in the world, as it has a top speed limited to 155mph (rather than just being geared that way, like all of the other 20VTs) and it will reach it in 6 seconds! Even a Veyron won't do that. Any help/advice/casual insults much appreciated.
Dear monos, a secret truth.
|
|
|
Re: Looking for eBay help
[Re: AndrewR]
#1239672
20/07/2011 16:37
20/07/2011 16:37
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,546 Northumberland
AndrewR
OP
I AM a Coop
|
OP
I AM a Coop
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,546
Northumberland
|
Low mileage is a relative term, I suppose. If you work on an average car doing 10k-12k miles PA then it's lower than you'd expect.
And, yes, were I to buy this the plate would be on the market the same day.
Dear monos, a secret truth.
|
|
|
Re: Looking for eBay help
[Re: AndrewR]
#1239678
20/07/2011 16:57
20/07/2011 16:57
|
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 8,071 Southsea
Gunzi
Club member 189, Former Club President
|
Club member 189, Former Club President
Je suis un Coupé
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 8,071
Southsea
|
I bought a hybrid turbo from Joe back in February. I had fair bit of chat via PM with him and spoke to him a couple of times on the phone. He was a sound chap (a non-teenager, non-chav). He said he was going away for a few months and said he's got two Coupes, this was his daily and he has another which is more special. Can't help with the viewing, but thought I'd mention my dealing with him, as he was a genuine fellow.
Last edited by Gunzi; 20/07/2011 16:58.
|
|
|
Re: Looking for eBay help
[Re: AndrewR]
#1239725
20/07/2011 19:02
20/07/2011 19:02
|
Ori
Unregistered
|
Ori
Unregistered
|
How much are 20vt going for these days? Car looks nice enough, but I don't like the number plate or wheels.  then again I have the plus alloys on my car.
|
|
|
Re: Looking for eBay help
[Re: AndrewR]
#1239733
20/07/2011 19:33
20/07/2011 19:33
|
shinyshoes
Unregistered
|
shinyshoes
Unregistered
|
Andrew, I know its a bit of a trek, but have you considered this? Its actually for sale within walking distance from where I work - if you wanted I could go and have a nose? Hell, if you were going to venture down into Shiny territory and buy it, I might even offer you a pint 
|
|
|
Re: Looking for eBay help
[Re: ]
#1239735
20/07/2011 19:36
20/07/2011 19:36
|
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,477 Birmingham City Centre!
MattyB
My job on the forum
|
My job on the forum
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,477
Birmingham City Centre!
|
Andrew, I know its a bit of a trek, but have you considered this? Its actually for sale within walking distance from where I work - if you wanted I could go and have a nose? Hell, if you were going to come down and buy it I might even offer you a pint  Matt, why did you post this? Cause I've gone and clicked it and now i want to buy it!!! 
Ex Coupe Owner - Unfortunate Peugeot driver!
|
|
|
Re: Looking for eBay help
[Re: MattyB]
#1239737
20/07/2011 19:38
20/07/2011 19:38
|
shinyshoes
Unregistered
|
shinyshoes
Unregistered
|
Matt, why did you post this? Cause I've gone and clicked it and now i want to buy it!!! First dibs on your VIS if you do 
|
|
|
Re: Looking for eBay help
[Re: ]
#1239744
20/07/2011 20:06
20/07/2011 20:06
|
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,477 Birmingham City Centre!
MattyB
My job on the forum
|
My job on the forum
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,477
Birmingham City Centre!
|
Matt, why did you post this? Cause I've gone and clicked it and now i want to buy it!!! First dibs on your VIS if you do  How much you offering? Lol
Ex Coupe Owner - Unfortunate Peugeot driver!
|
|
|
Re: Looking for eBay help
[Re: AndrewR]
#1239747
20/07/2011 20:23
20/07/2011 20:23
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,581 London
MrCooper
I need some sleep
|
I need some sleep
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,581
London
|
Yep those wheels are rubbish. I thought the plate would have been your style though.
Could well be wrong but id check with the mods to find out if someone with a similar username has been banned from the forum - or look in the user list if that shows it. Im on a mobile so find that bit a pain to navigate.
Ex Grigio Moon 20VT Plus Ex 350Z Now Aston Martin Vantage
|
|
|
Re: Looking for eBay help
[Re: MattyB]
#1239748
20/07/2011 20:24
20/07/2011 20:24
|
shinyshoes
Unregistered
|
shinyshoes
Unregistered
|
How much you offering? Lol  Maybe a few quid more than I paid for the 16...
|
|
|
Re: Looking for eBay help
[Re: ]
#1239752
20/07/2011 20:47
20/07/2011 20:47
|
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,477 Birmingham City Centre!
MattyB
My job on the forum
|
My job on the forum
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,477
Birmingham City Centre!
|
How much you offering? Lol  Maybe a few quid more than I paid for the 16... I should hope so!!! A lot more! Lol
Ex Coupe Owner - Unfortunate Peugeot driver!
|
|
|
Re: Looking for eBay help
[Re: MrCooper]
#1239754
20/07/2011 20:51
20/07/2011 20:51
|
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 8,071 Southsea
Gunzi
Club member 189, Former Club President
|
Club member 189, Former Club President
Je suis un Coupé
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 8,071
Southsea
|
Could well be wrong but id check with the mods to find out if someone with a similar username has been banned from the forum - or look in the user list if that shows it. Im on a mobile so find that bit a pain to navigate.
yourwinner has not been banned.
Last edited by Theresa; 23/07/2011 02:13.
|
|
|
Re: Looking for eBay help
[Re: ]
#1239757
20/07/2011 20:54
20/07/2011 20:54
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,546 Northumberland
AndrewR
OP
I AM a Coop
|
OP
I AM a Coop
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,546
Northumberland
|
Andrew, I know its a bit of a trek, but have you considered this? Its actually for sale within walking distance from where I work - if you wanted I could go and have a nose? Hell, if you were going to venture down into Shiny territory and buy it, I might even offer you a pint Thanks for the tip, but it's more than I'm looking to spend, and if the budget went as far as 2k I'd hold out for one with the interior in the *proper* colour, not this common-as-muck black  It is very pretty, though.
Dear monos, a secret truth.
|
|
|
Re: Looking for eBay help
[Re: AndrewR]
#1239760
20/07/2011 20:58
20/07/2011 20:58
|
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,799 In the coupe.
magooagain
Club member 259
|
Club member 259
Forum is my life
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,799
In the coupe.
|
That Coupe has been for sale a couple of months now. Could be worth a punt with a low offer.
|
|
|
Re: Looking for eBay help
[Re: magooagain]
#1239821
20/07/2011 22:36
20/07/2011 22:36
|
shinyshoes
Unregistered
|
shinyshoes
Unregistered
|
Could be worth a punt with a low offer. Agreed. Plus, with a brand new MOT, and possibly some tax, pretty good deal actually. This is from the same garage that recently sold LE no 5, I've never personally used them, but from what I hear, they are pretty handy with Coupes, so a recent belt change is a possibilty. Leather - well, give Joe a ring, he has some tan in stock (if my memory serves me right) sell the black, bobs your uncle. 
|
|
|
Re: Looking for eBay help
[Re: MattyB]
#1239822
20/07/2011 22:38
20/07/2011 22:38
|
shinyshoes
Unregistered
|
shinyshoes
Unregistered
|
I should hope so!!! A lot more! Lol Trouble is though Matty, NA Coupes just dont hold any real sale value at the moment. Nice as yours is, I very much doubt you'd see more than £1k for it 
|
|
|
Re: Looking for eBay help
[Re: ]
#1239849
20/07/2011 23:43
20/07/2011 23:43
|
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,477 Birmingham City Centre!
MattyB
My job on the forum
|
My job on the forum
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,477
Birmingham City Centre!
|
I should hope so!!! A lot more! Lol Trouble is though Matty, NA Coupes just dont hold any real sale value at the moment. Nice as yours is, I very much doubt you'd see more than £1k for it  An X reg VIS fully kitted one with full history and (when bumper is done) pristine condition with 73k on the clock.... Don't think so seen worse for more! I've been offered part ex 1k  lol
Ex Coupe Owner - Unfortunate Peugeot driver!
|
|
|
Re: Looking for eBay help
[Re: Gunzi]
#1239850
20/07/2011 23:44
20/07/2011 23:44
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,581 London
MrCooper
I need some sleep
|
I need some sleep
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,581
London
|
Could well be wrong but id check with the mods to find out if someone with a similar username has been banned from the forum - or look in the user list if that shows it. Im on a mobile so find that bit a pain to navigate.
yourwinner has not been banned Comment deleted.
Last edited by Theresa; 23/07/2011 02:16.
Ex Grigio Moon 20VT Plus Ex 350Z Now Aston Martin Vantage
|
|
|
Re: Looking for eBay help
[Re: MattyB]
#1239855
20/07/2011 23:56
20/07/2011 23:56
|
shinyshoes
Unregistered
|
shinyshoes
Unregistered
|
An X reg VIS fully kitted one with full history and (when bumper is done) pristine condition with 73k on the clock.... Don't think so seen worse for more! I've been offered part ex 1k  lol Hmmmm how was the recent damage recorded though? Dont get me wrong Matty, yours is a nice example, but just look at Coupe prices across the board - a reasonable 20VT will sell for less than £1500, most people not in the know would always go for a VT rather than an NA every day of the week. Us more refined gents go for the NA, and would appreciated a VIS for whats its worth, but sadly hard cash, it aint 
|
|
|
Re: Looking for eBay help
[Re: AndrewR]
#1239863
21/07/2011 00:25
21/07/2011 00:25
|
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,477 Birmingham City Centre!
MattyB
My job on the forum
|
My job on the forum
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,477
Birmingham City Centre!
|
The damage isnt recorded as Cat C or anything and the front bumper is only slightly faded.
Anyway, the car needs to be valued by someone according to my new insurance policy terms so we'll soon be in the know.
Ex Coupe Owner - Unfortunate Peugeot driver!
|
|
|
Re: Looking for eBay help
[Re: AndrewR]
#1239872
21/07/2011 01:32
21/07/2011 01:32
|
samsite999
Unregistered
|
samsite999
Unregistered
|
Shiny is right matt, its worth something to some one who wants it, and more people find them selfs after the 20vt/16vt versions. I may, and others in the know understand that a good coupe is well worth its weight in gold but its very much supply and demand
|
|
|
Re: Looking for eBay help
[Re: MrCooper]
#1239917
21/07/2011 10:12
21/07/2011 10:12
|
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 8,071 Southsea
Gunzi
Club member 189, Former Club President
|
Club member 189, Former Club President
Je suis un Coupé
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 8,071
Southsea
|
Could well be wrong but id check with the mods to find out if someone with a similar username has been banned from the forum - or look in the user list if that shows it. Im on a mobile so find that bit a pain to navigate.
yourwinner has not been banned Comments deleted
Last edited by Theresa; 23/07/2011 02:16.
|
|
|
Re: Looking for eBay help
[Re: magooagain]
#1241419
25/07/2011 15:40
25/07/2011 15:40
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,546 Northumberland
AndrewR
OP
I AM a Coop
|
OP
I AM a Coop
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,546
Northumberland
|
That Coupe has been for sale a couple of months now. Could be worth a punt with a low offer. Thanks for nudging me, Magoo - turns out the chap is interested in straight swap for my Focus. Mmmmmm, coupe ownership, all for the cost for petrol from Northumberland to Norfolk.
Dear monos, a secret truth.
|
|
|
Re: Looking for eBay help
[Re: AndrewR]
#1241478
25/07/2011 18:58
25/07/2011 18:58
|
shinyshoes
Unregistered
|
shinyshoes
Unregistered
|
Mmmmmm, coupe ownership, all for the cost for petrol from Northumberland to Norfolk. So, change from £150, and (albeit a boring one) a days driving. If you want me to have a nose, just say the word MrR. 
|
|
|
Re: Looking for eBay help
[Re: AndrewR]
#1241480
25/07/2011 19:12
25/07/2011 19:12
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,546 Northumberland
AndrewR
OP
I AM a Coop
|
OP
I AM a Coop
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,546
Northumberland
|
A look? Wasn't there some mention of a pint?
Dear monos, a secret truth.
|
|
|
Re: Looking for eBay help
[Re: AndrewR]
#1241484
25/07/2011 19:19
25/07/2011 19:19
|
shinyshoes
Unregistered
|
shinyshoes
Unregistered
|
A look? Wasn't there some mention of a pint? Ha! If you come down to Shinyland yeah!! I just meant to give an unbiased view of the car, as I'm sure it will have been described as 'as new' over the phone, as is normally the case. Like I said, its within walking distance from where I work, so no probs to pop down one dinner time.
|
|
|
Re: Looking for eBay help
[Re: AndrewR]
#1241490
25/07/2011 19:33
25/07/2011 19:33
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,546 Northumberland
AndrewR
OP
I AM a Coop
|
OP
I AM a Coop
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,546
Northumberland
|
The ad does say 'viewing strictly by appointment only', but if you wouldn't mind giving it a quick look that would be most lovely.
Dear monos, a secret truth.
|
|
|
|