|
1 registered members (Edinburgh),
1,160
guests, and 3
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
External Wastegate
#1247569
10/08/2011 19:35
10/08/2011 19:35
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,985 In an Audi
Taffy20vt
OP
My life on the forum
|
OP
My life on the forum
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,985
In an Audi
|
I have just bought a new manifold and now I need an external wastegate. There are 100's to choose from and prices range from £50 - £350+. I know Joe(CC) runs one but does anyone else ? Any info ones which are good and bad ? Ta
Ex 432bhp '00 Sprinty 20vt6 '17 S3 Sportback '69 Amazon 131
|
|
|
Re: External Wastegate
[Re: Taffy20vt]
#1247573
10/08/2011 19:48
10/08/2011 19:48
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486 London Tan
technics
I need some sleep
|
I need some sleep
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
|
I would probably speak to Barbz, I think he sorted it out for KTM....
Now in the 400+ bhp club!
|
|
|
Re: External Wastegate
[Re: Taffy20vt]
#1247581
10/08/2011 20:16
10/08/2011 20:16
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312 Sandhurst
Begbie
ex El Presidente
|
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
|
First of, how much boost are you going to run, as this will decide what size you need to get
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
|
|
|
Re: External Wastegate
[Re: Begbie]
#1247586
10/08/2011 20:26
10/08/2011 20:26
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,985 In an Audi
Taffy20vt
OP
My life on the forum
|
OP
My life on the forum
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,985
In an Audi
|
1.7 bar will be the max boost.
Ex 432bhp '00 Sprinty 20vt6 '17 S3 Sportback '69 Amazon 131
|
|
|
Re: External Wastegate
[Re: Taffy20vt]
#1247597
10/08/2011 21:01
10/08/2011 21:01
|
TurboJ
Unregistered
|
TurboJ
Unregistered
|
38mm Tial. Assuming the manifold has a 38mm pipe.
|
|
|
Re: External Wastegate
[Re: ]
#1247718
11/08/2011 05:44
11/08/2011 05:44
|
knight7660
Unregistered
|
knight7660
Unregistered
|
38mm Tial. Assuming the manifold has a 38mm pipe. yes Tial all the way, not cheap but very high quality
|
|
|
Re: External Wastegate
[Re: Taffy20vt]
#1247747
11/08/2011 10:09
11/08/2011 10:09
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312 Sandhurst
Begbie
ex El Presidente
|
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
|
Debatable about Tial. I've 2 of them, and both times they have leaked, but both fixed by tightening bolts up.
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
|
|
|
Re: External Wastegate
[Re: Taffy20vt]
#1247751
11/08/2011 10:21
11/08/2011 10:21
|
GS_Racing
Unregistered
|
GS_Racing
Unregistered
|
the cheap ebay ones are absolutely fine for most applications.
|
|
|
Re: External Wastegate
[Re: Taffy20vt]
#1248062
11/08/2011 23:04
11/08/2011 23:04
|
TurboJ
Unregistered
|
TurboJ
Unregistered
|
|
|
|
Re: External Wastegate
[Re: ]
#1248090
12/08/2011 00:27
12/08/2011 00:27
|
1NRO
Unregistered
|
1NRO
Unregistered
|
There'll be no harm done :-)
|
|
|
|