Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 631 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,104
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,306
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,903
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
435.6 #1255208
30/08/2011 19:39
30/08/2011 19:39
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,678
Warwickshire
gj88 Offline OP
My life on the forum
gj88  Offline OP
My life on the forum

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,678
Warwickshire
...miles, averaging 35.5mpg during mixed driving over the last tank of fuel. You really can't complain at that considering we've potentially got Ferrari 348 pace on tap.

laugh


[Linked Image]
Re: 435.6 [Re: gj88] #1255209
30/08/2011 19:44
30/08/2011 19:44

F
Fullpint
Unregistered
Fullpint
Unregistered
F



NO WAY.. I could not even get 35mpg as a high on my 20VT let alone average.. More like 20mpg with my lead foot laugh

Re: 435.6 [Re: gj88] #1255211
30/08/2011 19:50
30/08/2011 19:50
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,678
Warwickshire
gj88 Offline OP
My life on the forum
gj88  Offline OP
My life on the forum

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,678
Warwickshire
I used to fly through a tank of fuel but since I started commuting in the coupe nearly 5 months ago I've had to change my driving style to suit. Happy as Larry with that!

Don't worry though, the lead foot comes back as soon as an open twisty road presents itself. hehe


[Linked Image]
Re: 435.6 [Re: gj88] #1255216
30/08/2011 19:53
30/08/2011 19:53

S
shinyshoes
Unregistered
shinyshoes
Unregistered
S



Pretty impressive for a 20VT, although my old Broom 20NA would do that and more on a regular basis - most I ever saw was 468 shocked

My Porto 20NA is not quite as good, circa 410 a tank.

20VT... box

Re: 435.6 [Re: gj88] #1255217
30/08/2011 19:56
30/08/2011 19:56
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,678
Warwickshire
gj88 Offline OP
My life on the forum
gj88  Offline OP
My life on the forum

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,678
Warwickshire
I reckon there was more to go to. The fuel light was on but it seems that I had just over 4 litres left in the tank.


[Linked Image]
Re: 435.6 [Re: gj88] #1255218
30/08/2011 19:58
30/08/2011 19:58

D
DanDan
Unregistered
DanDan
Unregistered
D



456 miles a few years ago, still showed the notch above red, then i ran out of fuel frown

Re: 435.6 [Re: gj88] #1255219
30/08/2011 19:58
30/08/2011 19:58

S
shinyshoes
Unregistered
shinyshoes
Unregistered
S



Ah the fuel light roulette...

My old 16 would put its fuel light on at 1/4 tank rofl


Re: 435.6 [Re: gj88] #1255241
30/08/2011 20:41
30/08/2011 20:41

O
Ori
Unregistered
Ori
Unregistered
O



I got 750km on one tank. All motorway doing 70 the whole way. I was well impressed!!!

Re: 435.6 [Re: ] #1255243
30/08/2011 20:42
30/08/2011 20:42
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,477
Birmingham City Centre!
MattyB Offline
My job on the forum
MattyB  Offline
My job on the forum

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,477
Birmingham City Centre!
Originally Posted by DanDan
456 miles a few years ago, still showed the notch above red, then i ran out of fuel frown



Was this on the way to Mitcar by any chance Dan? lol


Ex Coupe Owner - Unfortunate Peugeot driver!
Re: 435.6 [Re: gj88] #1255305
30/08/2011 23:01
30/08/2011 23:01
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 117
north west
watz Offline
On a journey
watz  Offline
On a journey

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 117
north west
a couple of months ago i went down to bristol to see flea.Brimmed the tank at 4am.173 miles later i had used just over a quarter of a tank, and i crawled the last 3 miles into the city centre.60mph all the way down.

500 miles off a tank? certainly possible.

although it was half a tank on the way home wink

Re: 435.6 [Re: gj88] #1255346
31/08/2011 00:26
31/08/2011 00:26
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
barnacle Offline
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
barnacle  Offline
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
Forum Demigod

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
Extremely possible; Nigel's done it and I've done it. It's not exciting, though.


[Linked Image]
Don't get no respect! Coupe Fiat 1994-2000 - an owner's guide <-- clicky!
Re: 435.6 [Re: gj88] #1255378
31/08/2011 08:26
31/08/2011 08:26
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,207
ation
szkom Offline
Club member 2000
szkom  Offline
Club member 2000
Forum is my life

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,207
ation
On the back of a lorry a couple of weeks ago, and I doubt I was doing 35 mpg then...

Re: 435.6 [Re: gj88] #1255552
31/08/2011 19:37
31/08/2011 19:37
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,581
London
MrCooper Offline
I need some sleep
MrCooper  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,581
London
I've done 500 miles. Normal motorway speeds mainly, but it also included getting out of London and a good hour in the a and b roads around the Yorkshire Dales.



Ex Grigio Moon 20VT Plus
Ex 350Z
Now Aston Martin Vantage

Re: 435.6 [Re: gj88] #1255837
01/09/2011 11:58
01/09/2011 11:58
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,678
Warwickshire
gj88 Offline OP
My life on the forum
gj88  Offline OP
My life on the forum

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,678
Warwickshire
My current tank of fuel will be used solely for commuting into leamington spa so it will be interesting to see what I can manage from stop start traffic.


[Linked Image]
Re: 435.6 [Re: gj88] #1255886
01/09/2011 14:15
01/09/2011 14:15

M
MikeRoss
Unregistered
MikeRoss
Unregistered
M



How about we see who can get the least miles from a tank. Much more fun laugh


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.012s Queries: 14 (0.007s) Memory: 0.6553 MB (Peak: 0.7767 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-09 18:57:11 UTC