Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,089 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Forum MOT Reminder #1268964
10/10/2011 11:35
10/10/2011 11:35
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,707
Gone
J
Jimbo Offline OP
Je suis un Coupé
Jimbo  Offline OP
Je suis un Coupé
J

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,707
Gone
Wouldn't something like an MOT reminder be a handy add on to the forum, it would if you're as rubbish as me at remembering such important events!

I went on line to pay for my years road tax yesterday, typed in the code, pressed next and got the message that my MOT had expired, ooops.

A quick check in my car documents files and my MOT had actually expired in July, double oooops!!

I had my cars confused and I've actually just replaced the front and rear brakes on the VW estate thinking it was going in this month when it isn't due until next month, triple oooops!!!

I'm such an admin vortex, can we set up a forum reminder service that will email us a week before the MOTs due?

Re: Forum MOT Reminder [Re: Jimbo] #1268967
10/10/2011 11:41
10/10/2011 11:41

T
Truffle
Unregistered
Truffle
Unregistered
T



No need, becuase now your MOT will be due the same time as your Tax this time next year. So when you get your Tax renewal, you will know to do your MOT laugh

(the downside it that now it looks like you're going to have to pay 2 MOT's and at least 1 Tax all in the same month)

Last edited by Truffle; 10/10/2011 11:42.
Re: Forum MOT Reminder [Re: Jimbo] #1268969
10/10/2011 11:43
10/10/2011 11:43
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
bockers Offline
Hon Club Member 007
bockers  Offline
Hon Club Member 007
Forum Fossil

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
Add it as a yearly Private event to the FCCUK Calendar.

Re: Forum MOT Reminder [Re: Jimbo] #1268976
10/10/2011 11:50
10/10/2011 11:50
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,707
Gone
J
Jimbo Offline OP
Je suis un Coupé
Jimbo  Offline OP
Je suis un Coupé
J

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,707
Gone
The annoying part of it is, the car is going into storage next month so I'm paying for an MOT and tax for one month. I know I can claim the tax back when I SORN it but the MOT, that's just dead money.

Re: Forum MOT Reminder [Re: Jimbo] #1277659
10/10/2011 16:04
10/10/2011 16:04

D
DanielTheManual
Unregistered
DanielTheManual
Unregistered
D



They are bringing out a new MOT certificate this month I think.

Pre-printed forms will no longer be used. Your MOT will be printed on a plain A4 page. The advisories will also be included on the pass certificate, so when you come to sell the car, the buyer will be able to see them, unlike currently where people throw the yellow advisory sheet away to hide the information.

Re: Forum MOT Reminder [Re: ] #1277665
10/10/2011 16:13
10/10/2011 16:13
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206
england
came2dance Offline
I AM a Coop
came2dance  Offline
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206
england
I've just donme this too with the Punto. Clicked send and it came back as unable to renew tax as MOT has expired.

so i SORNed it laugh well we're halfway through October already. i'll get the MOT done enxt week and tax it from November now smile


[Linked Image]www.chrisdoyle-photography.co.uk


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.014s Queries: 14 (0.009s) Memory: 0.6165 MB (Peak: 0.6700 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 22:01:27 UTC