|
1 registered members (Robski1337),
1,372
guests, and 7
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Coupe's and children?
#1280551
17/10/2011 14:35
17/10/2011 14:35
|
munch8987
Unregistered
|
munch8987
Unregistered
|
Hey all,
Have been, for the last few months been contemplating to sell up my punto days and upgrade to the coupe, 16 or 20vt I'm unsure of as yet.
But having found out the last few weeks that me and the missus are expecting our 1st child, I don't know wether its a good idea.
My question to you all, specifically those with children, how child seat friendly are the seats?
My missus has a 206cc, which as impractical as the car may be, child seats fit no problem, with air bag turned off of course
Any help would be great Ben
|
|
|
Re: Coupe's and children?
[Re: ]
#1280557
17/10/2011 14:41
17/10/2011 14:41
|
munch8987
Unregistered
|
munch8987
Unregistered
|
Sorry fella, my mistake, will have a search now Thankyou mate 
|
|
|
Re: Coupe's and children?
[Re: ]
#1280560
17/10/2011 14:52
17/10/2011 14:52
|
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,408 Essex
Trappy
Club member 7306
|
Club member 7306
Forum is my life
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,408
Essex
|
I preferred putting the baby seat into the coop over the Mazda3 when my son was a bub because I could actually get in front of him to fit him in. Even now at 2 years old in his grey Recaro (matching the grey leather interior  ), being able to stand in front of him with the passenger seat forwards is much easier than having to reach across from the side as you'd have to with a 4/5 door car.
F****** b****** thing...
|
|
|
Re: Coupe's and children?
[Re: Trappy]
#1280574
17/10/2011 16:03
17/10/2011 16:03
|
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 9,737 Zele, Belgium
Kayjey
Club Member #10
|
Club Member #10
Je suis un Coupé
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 9,737
Zele, Belgium
|
I could actually get in front of him to fit him in For the same reason I prefer a 3-door to a 5-door for getting your kid strapped in! We currently use the Coupe as our practical family car. Bigger boot than the 147, a Quinny pram (Buz) fits in no problem (you aim one of the rear wheels in the slight recess caused by the foldable seat so don't have to get the wheels off either). I've done a weekend trip to the UK like this, 3 days with child, pram, bed, our stuff,... nothing on the rear seat (except some spare parts for Joe at CC - oh and the kid of course). Fitting seats is NO problem at all. All babyseats accept regular seatbelts and although ISOfix makes for a easier solid placement, it has the drawback of sometimes being difficult to negotiate bumps (side support) in the rearseats or bucket rear seats. Actually we have a baby seat in the Brera as well but there's NO way you can actually get an adult in front of it without seriously compromising leg room (as in: good for minutes, longer than that is torture as you sit folded against the dash and very upright). Nope, the Fiat is a delight compared to manymany other Coupe's and much more pratical than a 3-door hatchback like a Punto, 147, 1-series,...
- Kayjey - ![[Linked Image]](https://www.fiatcoupe.net/layout/head_r2c2.gif)
|
|
|
Re: Coupe's and children?
[Re: Kayjey]
#1280592
17/10/2011 17:08
17/10/2011 17:08
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347 North Wales
Theresa
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
|
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Forum Fossil
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
|
Agree, the Coupe is very child friendly, considering it's style, etc. I regularly cart a 5 and a 3 year old around with no problems. In fact, I bought my Coupe a month after the 5 year old was born  As said, easy to get in front of them and strap them in, even with my backside  3 doors means you don't have to worry about child locks, etc either. The length of the seatbelt is also quite generous too, especially compared to my Fiesta I had at the time and a Mondeo I was using after crashing the Coupe.
|
|
|
Re: Coupe's and children?
[Re: Theresa]
#1280597
17/10/2011 17:27
17/10/2011 17:27
|
proccy
Unregistered
|
proccy
Unregistered
|
easy to get in front of them and strap them in, even with my backside is this a hummer we're discussing?  agree though about room for kids......plenty
|
|
|
Re: Coupe's and children?
[Re: ]
#1280737
17/10/2011 22:52
17/10/2011 22:52
|
AP1
Unregistered
|
AP1
Unregistered
|
I can fit 2 child seats in the back of my Coupe, though I have a seat belt belt extender to fit the rear facing seat.
|
|
|
Re: Coupe's and children?
[Re: ]
#1280746
17/10/2011 23:00
17/10/2011 23:00
|
Burbum123
Unregistered
|
Burbum123
Unregistered
|
I must admit i have 2 kids one is 3 months old and its abit of a struggle to get the car seat in the back but i wouldn't sell my coupe the missus will have to go first
|
|
|
Re: Coupe's and children?
[Re: ]
#1280827
18/10/2011 08:43
18/10/2011 08:43
|
munch8987
Unregistered
|
munch8987
Unregistered
|
Fantastic, thanks for the replys people, much appreciated
I do have a few other cars in mind, or wether to keep my punto. It's just the coupe looks are growing on me
|
|
|
Re: Coupe's and children?
[Re: ]
#1281470
19/10/2011 21:39
19/10/2011 21:39
|
Big_Muzzie
Unregistered
|
Big_Muzzie
Unregistered
|
I have 3 kids, until the 3rd arrived the coupe was the family car! Even did the airport run in it.
Only thing I'd say is the boot isn't pram friendly, those hinges and the opening size are a pain for a new born pram (non buggy type). A quinny Zapp would be your best friend from +1 year!
Congrats on the news!!!
|
|
|
Re: Coupe's and children?
[Re: ]
#1281697
20/10/2011 13:34
20/10/2011 13:34
|
Shifty
Unregistered
|
Shifty
Unregistered
|
I've been through this recently and can confirm the following:
You will strain your back getting a newborn child in and out of the car
You will struggle to get all of the little bags and pram into the boot.
The car will get wrecked. The child seats leave perm dents in the back bench seat.
Their cute little feet WILL kick and scuff the back of either front seats (in my case both!)
IMO don't bother, get a car with 4 doors.
|
|
|
Re: Coupe's and children?
[Re: ]
#1281751
20/10/2011 15:24
20/10/2011 15:24
|
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 9,737 Zele, Belgium
Kayjey
Club Member #10
|
Club Member #10
Je suis un Coupé
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 9,737
Zele, Belgium
|
You will strain your back getting a newborn child in and out of the car Might be me then. I'm very muscular so no problems there.  You will struggle to get all of the little bags and pram into the boot. No problems 3-day UK stay with pram + bed + our stuff + some spare Coupe parts (eibach & billstein, filters,...) and even took two extra Recaro babyseats (next to the one already there) going back. The car will get wrecked. The child seats leave perm dents in the back bench seat.
Their cute little feet WILL kick and scuff the back of either front seats (in my case both!) Recaro (or anyone really) does seat protectors that will protect the seats for dents and scuffs. It's a big piece of leather that you hang from the headrest and/or lay under the baby seat. Alternatively put some cardboard / MDF under the baby seat to spread the weight. Guess it also depends on your type of babyseat. CC Joe will confirm that my boot seems to get bigger the more stuff I put in. The missus is always amazed how much we can fit in back there. Also the lid is really square on the Coupe, so you can have things seemingly sticking out but still the boot lid doesn't touch them.
- Kayjey - ![[Linked Image]](https://www.fiatcoupe.net/layout/head_r2c2.gif)
|
|
|
Re: Coupe's and children?
[Re: JimO]
#1282029
21/10/2011 01:28
21/10/2011 01:28
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347 North Wales
Theresa
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
|
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Forum Fossil
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
|
You know when people ask this question I often wonder why supermarkets give carrier bags for shopping Not 'given' to us in Wales any more, 5p charge on each one if you want one. Just thought I'd let you know 
|
|
|
Re: Coupe's and children?
[Re: Kayjey]
#1282053
21/10/2011 08:36
21/10/2011 08:36
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,919
JimO
Forum veteran
|
Forum veteran
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,919
|
You're right. Sell the Brera, buy a Scania. A scania would be more suitable again in terms of interior space, but I am unsure of whether the supermarket parking will pose an extra problem - but you're kinda of going down the right route. T - shop local to me charges 10p  thats the southern impact I am afraid 
Last edited by JimO; 21/10/2011 08:37.
|
|
|
|