|
1 registered members (TonyB),
1,000
guests, and 6
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
META system, will my central locking still work?
#1291899
24/11/2011 22:47
24/11/2011 22:47
|
20VT_Ryan
Unregistered
|
20VT_Ryan
Unregistered
|
As title, will my central locking (with my key of course) still work if I to remove the meta system from my car? What I'm thinking to do is unplug the 12-pole connector from the control unit, it should disable the alarm right? or is there a better/ correct way to do it?
Thanks
Ryan
|
|
|
Re: META system, will my central locking still work?
[Re: ]
#1292094
25/11/2011 19:19
25/11/2011 19:19
|
20VT_Ryan
Unregistered
|
20VT_Ryan
Unregistered
|
thanks bockers, the problem I got is my alarm keeps draining my battery, as the coupe is my 2nd car, i don't normally get to use it until the weekend, but the battery will die after 3-4days. any ideas?
|
|
|
Re: META system, will my central locking still work?
[Re: ]
#1292124
25/11/2011 20:48
25/11/2011 20:48
|
20VT_Ryan
Unregistered
|
20VT_Ryan
Unregistered
|
Thank for the advice, but the battery seem to be in very good condition (that if the car been using) new battery or disconnect the alarm? decision, decision, decision~~~~
|
|
|
Re: META system, will my central locking still work?
[Re: ]
#1292232
26/11/2011 13:51
26/11/2011 13:51
|
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,404 Anglesey N.Wales
cowboy
Forum is my life
|
Forum is my life
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,404
Anglesey N.Wales
|
how do you no its the alarm, is it going off all the time.
Last edited by cowboy; 26/11/2011 13:51.
|
|
|
Re: META system, will my central locking still work?
[Re: ]
#1292249
26/11/2011 14:54
26/11/2011 14:54
|
20VT_Ryan
Unregistered
|
20VT_Ryan
Unregistered
|
I disconnected the stereo but the battery still went flat after 3-4 days if the car not been use, so apart from the alarm, I can't think of anything else...  Thanks Ryan
Last edited by 20VT_Ryan; 26/11/2011 15:11.
|
|
|
Re: META system, will my central locking still work?
[Re: ]
#1292593
27/11/2011 21:09
27/11/2011 21:09
|
20VT_Ryan
Unregistered
|
20VT_Ryan
Unregistered
|
sky hatch??
I got my centre console out for refurb. so I totally removed the stereo from the car for a few days. I have just did some research on new battery prices, funny enough the battery in my car was slightly smaller, most of the website suggested the 245mm (length) battery but the one in my is only just over 200mm?? could it be the reason?
|
|
|
Re: META system, will my central locking still work?
[Re: ]
#1292827
28/11/2011 19:02
28/11/2011 19:02
|
20VT_Ryan
Unregistered
|
20VT_Ryan
Unregistered
|
ski hatch!!! oic~~~ LOL 075, thats what eurocarpart's website suggested, either 027 or 075 when i typed in the car model, just check the one on my car, 012!!! well, not sure whatever the bigger the number the better, but surely something not right here, anyway, just ordered a new battery and I will check my "sky" hatch when I got the new battery fitted.  Cheers guys~~ Ryan
|
|
|
|