After Begbie helped me get back the enthusiasm to work on my coupe and helped me with a drive shaft replacement i thought I had better get the MOT sorted.
So after replacing the under tray at 9am in the drizzle on a wet and muddy driveway I washed and changed and drove to the MOT station, only the coupe was having none of it. Turned the wipers on and the linkage broke :arrgh:
So in 15mins I had left I managed to get the arm back in place and left the car at the mot centre.
One hour later I returned to find:-
Wipers failed again
Offside Track rod outer balljoint
Rear Parking brake ineffective
Given the car has sat for 6 months with only occasional movement to prevent tyre and brake disk issue, I did not think it too bad.
I was planning on getting the work done over the xmas break, but for some reason I though NO. Do it now.
So 2hrs of striping rear brakes and re-setting the hand break mechanism, then fitting a new TRE, I though the last simple job would be the wipers. Also this was a job that meant I could get off the cold, damp and muddy drive.
Oh no, not so quick. Went to pull the bonnet only to find the MOT centre had snapped the cable. To be fair i doubt they realised as they probably only used it once. So 20mins of prodding with a screwdriver and I finally got it open. Fixed the cable (the loop had broken at the bonnet catch end) and started on the wiper mechanism. Managed to glue the plastic socket in place as a temp fix and all now working well.
So off to MOT centre and it Passed

So now after 6 months the Scottie is back on the road, the family are pleased as it has become a family favourite, even seeing of the charms of a black LE!
Great to be back in the coupe, now I just must get that Cambelt done
