» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (mcallistertad, slicer, Fila276, 1 invisible), 267 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,624
Posts1,341,351
Members1,807
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,568
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,303
PeteP 21,521
bockers 21,071
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,367
Edinburgh 16,834
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Lotus - Dino #1324001
10/03/2012 22:34
10/03/2012 22:34
Zele, Belgium
Kayjey Offline OP
Club Member #10
Kayjey  Offline OP
Club Member #10
Je suis un Coupé

Zele, Belgium
It is said that due to sharper regulations, sports- and supercar manufacturers will need to be very creative to keep going.

So when I would say in 4 years time Ferrari is going to be creative by launching an "unbranded" Dino range of cars featuring creative solutions that "wouldn't be accepted by Ferrari customers" and in that way offsetting their larger models, then I guess they have 4 years to make it happen, no? And that in terms of positioning, they are in a bit of a position because Lotus seems to be making good progress in some sort of market that looks to be right up that street... thought up by an ex-Ferrari marketeer. Hmmm... I wonder if there are more sides to this story that what we've been getting so far. Or does Lotus know more and are they evacuating from an area where they were the king, because a big player might be invading their land?

- Kayjey -

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Lotus - Dino [Re: Kayjey] #1324039
11/03/2012 08:31
11/03/2012 08:31
Pistonheads
B
Brewster Offline
Forum is my life
Brewster  Offline
Forum is my life
B

Pistonheads
The brilliant thing about Lotuses... Lotii... Lotus cars is that they're built from plucky British spit and tissue and therefore weigh nothing. They've always been the last word in handling due to their innovative nature, a tradition carried on from Chapman and of which I think he'd still be proud.

The terrible thing about Lotu... their cars is that they're built from plucky British spit and tissue and therefore broke incessantly and expensively. I know they're trying to move upmarket and push their cars further up the sportscar food chain, but they'll still offer something very different to Ferrari, despite being run by an ex Maranello boss.

A Dino sub-brand for Ferrari could work really well, especially given the emissions regulations governing the range of cars a brand sells, but Ferrari do lightweight in an expensive way, not by melting down Coke cans and glueing them together. If Dino cars made it to market it will close the gulf between the two brands a little more, but they'll both offer very different cars when it comes to the driving experience, if not the black and white figures.

The Alfa 4C was promised to be 850Kg, but I just can't see it being the case, well, for a realistic price anyway.