Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,089 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Calling N Wales coopsters - Help needed! #1332902
08/04/2012 12:22
08/04/2012 12:22
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Morning coopsters.

I'm currently over in Colwyn Bay and noticed on the way up my gearbox oil is somewhat lacking. I'm here until tomorrow am, then off down south to stay somewhere near Trevor for a couple of days.

I'm asking for help in getting the oil into the gearbox through the dipstick tube as I don't have the tools to hand and buy an oil from Halfrauds will result with more on the floor than in the 'box.

It's typical as I have water, engine oil, tools, gloves etc.. but didn't check the gearbox oil before leaving grr

Other thing is I am at a wedding in a few hours, so won't be able to do anything today.

If you can help, please reply or PM me and I'll give you my number.

Many thanks smile


Originally Posted by Jonny - After being taken out at Spa
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
Re: Calling N Wales coopsters - Help needed! [Re: Begbie] #1332919
08/04/2012 13:06
08/04/2012 13:06
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
I don't have the right tools sorry Alexis frown I'm seeing Carl (Jackal/solouko) tomorrow, I can ask him?



Coopless!
Re: Calling N Wales coopsters - Help needed! [Re: Begbie] #1332925
08/04/2012 13:21
08/04/2012 13:21
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Theresa Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Theresa  Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Forum Fossil

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Of all the times you may need help and you pick the bank holiday, where the A55 to get to you will be in nothing less than gridlock frown

All you need is some pipe or tubing and put it into the opening of something like a washing up liquid, with the bottom cut off.
Halfords won't be open today, but will be tomorrow and I'm sure they sell containers of gear oil with tubes on them.

I haven't got anything like that made up here and have been lucky enough not to have to top my gear oil up for over a year.

You're about an hour or so away from me, but you can triple that time on a bank holiday frown

Re: Calling N Wales coopsters - Help needed! [Re: Theresa] #1332945
08/04/2012 14:28
08/04/2012 14:28

P
proccy
Unregistered
proccy
Unregistered
P



Originally Posted by Theresa

You're about an hour or so away from me, but you can triple that time on a bank holiday frown


Feeble excuse laugh

Re: Calling N Wales coopsters - Help needed! [Re: Begbie] #1332955
08/04/2012 14:55
08/04/2012 14:55
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Panic over. Checked the car after being parked for an hour and its reading half, phew!

Time to get to the church laugh


Originally Posted by Jonny - After being taken out at Spa
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
Re: Calling N Wales coopsters - Help needed! [Re: Begbie] #1332995
08/04/2012 18:20
08/04/2012 18:20
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Theresa Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Theresa  Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Forum Fossil

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Originally Posted by proccy
Originally Posted by Theresa

You're about an hour or so away from me, but you can triple that time on a bank holiday frown


Feeble excuse laugh



At least I had one, which is more than you offered laugh

Glad you're sorted Begbie, although give me a shout when you're in Llangollen/Trevor if you find you still need help smile

Enjoy the wedding and your drive out wink laugh

Re: Calling N Wales coopsters - Help needed! [Re: Begbie] #1333437
10/04/2012 12:15
10/04/2012 12:15

N
Nobby
Unregistered
Nobby
Unregistered
N



Why didn't you just take the gear selector off Begbie? Whats the worst that could happen lol

Re: Calling N Wales coopsters - Help needed! [Re: Begbie] #1333774
11/04/2012 14:46
11/04/2012 14:46

B
Burbum123
Unregistered
Burbum123
Unregistered
B



Do my trick works a treat i had the same problem when going away i had the oil but nothing to fill with so off i went to mcdonalds and got one of the straws and put it in the nozzle of the oil and it works great wink


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.015s Queries: 14 (0.010s) Memory: 0.6265 MB (Peak: 0.7147 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 22:00:59 UTC